PDA

View Full Version : Naruto DBG: Future Expansion/Character Cards/Suggestions

dreampiece
07-02-2015, 11:13 PM
Hey Cryptozoic,

I recently purchased Naruto DBG and find it one of the most fun of the deck building games. I was recently reading the Naruto Errata sticky on this forum and it mentioned that the Sharingan card will be in the expansion. I had some questions as well as suggestions for Naruto DBG:

Questions:
1. Has the expansion design started? Will it even happen?
2. If so, when will it potentially release?
3. Will more promotional character cards like Minato and Mecha Naruto still be created if no expansion?
4. Will there be a generic Cryptozoic DBG playmat or Naruto specific ones to allow for Hand Sign deck?

Suggestions:
1. The summons from Naruto universe should be considered more in the expansion
2. I feel there should be playable Villain starting characters or at least create 10 total characters so in a 5 player game each player can choose from a pool of 2 characters

Thanks for your time! I really hope Naruto DBG gets an expansion!

Kazuma
08-04-2015, 12:56 AM
Enjoying the game so far, finally got a regular group of people able to play Naruto DBG! Hoping for more expansions in the future in terms of playable ninjas. I need my Haku fix or a playable version of Neji! Great work with the set and hope for any future expansions if possible! Cheers!

Matt_Hyra
08-04-2015, 12:33 PM
We have the design done.
At this point we don't have the expansion on the schedule, so there isn't any information to spoil...

dreampiece
08-10-2015, 01:19 PM
We have the design done.
At this point we don't have the expansion on the schedule, so there isn't any information to spoil...

Thanks Matt! I will for sure purchase the expansion when that comes. Out of all the DBGs, Naruto is actually the funnest one so far for my play group. Naruto has so many characters left out of the game from Shippuden so I can't wait.

Until Sharingan is reprinted my play group is going to keep playing it as 2 Power lol.. Thanks again and looking forward to this.

Aysez
09-16-2015, 03:49 PM
Any idea on if we'll get a playable Tsunade?

BADASSHELLHOUND
10-03-2015, 12:31 AM
Playable Guy character???? Pay 3 chakra; discard a card gain 4 power.

SpiritDetective
10-27-2015, 02:47 PM
Will it take a second printing of Naruto for an expansion to become viable?

Matt_Hyra
10-27-2015, 03:40 PM
Will it take a second printing of Naruto for an expansion to become viable?

If it was a big second printing due to sudden demand, sure. So still not on the radar...

dreampiece
11-10-2015, 12:25 AM
If it was a big second printing due to sudden demand, sure. So still not on the radar...

I think at this point even a small add on pack kind of like the DC ones would be awesome to have with new Heroes or Villains. I am in full support of the expansion big or small... heck maybe if it is risky do another base set type of expansion release on Kickstarter. Even just 1 more Promo Hero to make it a 10 Hero set so that each player in a 5 player game can get 2 random heroes instead of 1.

Thanks Matt! I enjoyed Naruto DBG a lot despite being super skeptical at first. I just bought it after a friend showed me DC DBG and watching a Board Game Geek review saying Naruto is the best one of the bunch.

SpiritDetective
11-10-2015, 01:09 PM
How realistic is a small add on pack (about the same size as a DC Crossover pack) or additional Naruto promos?

StormKing
11-10-2015, 02:07 PM
How realistic is a small add on pack (about the same size as a DC Crossover pack) or additional Naruto promos?

This isn't an official response, however, the same statement I'm fairly certain stands on any new Naruto related product. There would need to be a sudden demand for Naruto product which currently isn't there.

SpiritDetective
12-28-2015, 11:45 PM
It looks like there's a scarcity of the Naruto Shippuden Deck Building Game on Amazon right now. It's going for $53+ right now.

It's also out of stock on Walmart.com.

Good signs?

I'm doing my best to promote the game through word of mouth.