PDA

View Full Version : 64 player draft?

Sparrow
07-03-2015, 07:45 AM
I've spent zero time on the test server, so I have no idea what goes on there. I know about the large event tests, but has there been any progress in getting 64-player drafts going? tbh, I don't even know if the format has been mentioned by Cory, et al.

Showsni
07-03-2015, 08:03 AM
How does that work? 8 8 man pods and then cut to a top 8 draft with the winners?

The test server has shown that large sealeds with a cut to top 8 draft are now working, so at least some of the groundwork has been laid. But I don't expect them to be added to the live server until we have a much larger playerbase, or for special events.

Sparrow
07-03-2015, 08:17 AM
Yes, that's how they work.

I don't expect they'd be something available all the time, but as scheduled special events. It just depends how big the player base gets.

OutlandishMatt
07-03-2015, 08:59 AM
Yes, that's how they work.

I don't expect they'd be something available all the time, but as scheduled special events. It just depends how big the player base gets.

I know I would love to see this happen but probably not for another year at least. I think the next big focus has to be a large PvE content patch, hopefully 4-5 dungeons and a raid.

Poetic
07-03-2015, 09:01 AM
PVE content patch and finishing the large scale tournaments have to be priority for them outside of a good set 3 release.

I'm dying for the 100k tournament series details. I could see 64 player drafts added if there's ever a "pro" tour.

Fred
07-03-2015, 10:37 AM
I think the next big focus has to be a large PvE content patch, hopefully 4-5 dungeons and a raid.

Dunno about dungeons, but according to the 600k KickStarter stretch goal, they will deploy at least 4 raids at once.

600K - Three additional raids put in the game at PVE launch.

Additional means there's already at least one planned.

Xenavire
07-03-2015, 10:43 AM
Dunno about dungeons, but according to the 600k KickStarter stretch goal, they will deploy at least 4 raids at once.

Additional means there's already at least one planned.

I wouldn't get too attached to that just in case they decided to change the ordering of things for efficiency. I am sure everything will be in by full release of the game, but they have repeatedly told us that they don't want to sit on completed features, so if they end up having 2 raids done at the same time as the first 4-5 dungeons, I can't see them holding out on us just to fulfill a stretch goal to the letter.

That said, they have been pretty good about meeting our expectations, or destroying them completely, so however they handle it will surely be more than good enough for us. :)

Poetic
07-03-2015, 10:44 AM
At this point, I think the PVE crowd would be happy w/ a handful of dungeons and a single raid.

Xenavire
07-03-2015, 10:48 AM
At this point, I think the PVE crowd would be happy w/ a handful of dungeons and a single raid.

Indeed. I play Arena every day (or near enough) and I draft/play casual games fairly often, so I am in the middle, but I still can't wait for dungeons and raids, and 1 of each would be enough to keep me distracted until they could drop a whole lot more. :p

shocker455
07-03-2015, 11:35 AM
even if it was already made I don't see it happening any time soon, mainly because you need exactly 64 people. it means a lot of people can get left out for large scheduled eevents. And hex doesn't currently have the player base for it to just be a normal event.

I very much want it to happen tho.

poizonous
07-03-2015, 11:41 AM
Could make it a weekend event, only having it available on the weekends. I know I want these events but I am worried about how much of the player base would want this.

Fred
07-03-2015, 12:07 PM
I wouldn't get too attached to that just in case they decided to change the ordering of things for efficiency. I am sure everything will be in by full release of the game, but they have repeatedly told us that they don't want to sit on completed features, so if they end up having 2 raids done at the same time as the first 4-5 dungeons, I can't see them holding out on us just to fulfill a stretch goal to the letter.

Indeed, it's better to release fewer features earlier than more features later. However, the one major event (that we kinda know of) that has delayed release by over years is on the engineering side of things. Design, lore and R&D hasn't (shouldn't have) been affected. Once the foundation and infrastructure for raids and dungeons is ready, content is probably going to flow out of the gates at a very interesting pace. I wouldn't be surprised to see 5+ dungeons and raids once these features launch. The engine is probably mostly complete and in testing at the moment, and while it gets tested, more content can be built on top of the engine.

Xenavire
07-03-2015, 12:17 PM
Indeed, it's better to release fewer features earlier than more features later. However, the one major event (that we kinda know of) that has delayed release by over years is on the engineering side of things. Design, lore and R&D hasn't (shouldn't have) been affected. Once the foundation and infrastructure for raids and dungeons is ready, content is probably going to flow out of the gates at a very interesting pace. I wouldn't be surprised to see 5+ dungeons and raids once these features launch. The engine is probably mostly complete and in testing at the moment, and while it gets tested, more content can be built on top of the engine.

Oh, I am sure it will ramp up quickly, I was speaking to the initial release only (because they will have time constraints etc.) I am honestly hoping they shock us with far more, but I like to be pessimistic about these things just so I can be surprised later. :D

Gwaer
07-03-2015, 01:20 PM
If you want equipment and drops from these dungeons and raids to maintain any kind of value/rarity they have to release more dungeons/raids at once. Otherwise it'll be just like arena, everyone farming the same place until it's farmed out well before the next thing is released. In that light, fewer features earlier, is significantly worse than more later.

TOOT
07-03-2015, 01:56 PM
The rare/legendary drops just need to be a whole lot rarer than they've been, which seems to have been addressed in last week's Friday update.

Gwaer
07-03-2015, 02:00 PM
Hmmm, I think it would be much worse for the majority of players if the rares/legendaries were rare to the point of urunaaz. And that's the kind of rarity we're talking about for a release schedule that covers the amount of time between arena and the next pve release.