PDA

View Full Version : HEX Update - Armies Release Celebration

Shaqattaq
07-03-2015, 10:01 AM
With Armies of Myth launching on July 14th, that means the Release Celebration is coming and we’re making it even better! Let’s start with what’s the same– there are two alternate art prize cards. This set’s promo cards are Brightmoon Brave and Duplicitous Duke.

https://www.hextcg.com/hex-update-armies-release-celebration/

Phenteo Update: Had to edit the announcement as there was a couple errors. We do apologize for the inconvenience. The following items were changed:

1. In gauntlet you need to win 5 times in order to get the prize (not 4 as previously stated). You must also complete the gauntlet during the event time-frame.

2. Constructed tournaments also have the prizes.

3. The 2-man tournament queue will not have the prizes.

yoyogod
07-03-2015, 10:12 AM
Wow, I love those AA cards. I just wish I didn't suck so bad at drafting so I'd have a chance at getting the AA duke.

Shaqattaq
07-03-2015, 10:13 AM
Wow, I love those AA cards. I just wish I didn't suck so bad at drafting so I'd have a chance at getting the AA duke.

Gauntlet!

Plus, Brightmoon Brave is a participation prize. You get it just for playing in those events. =D

Poetic
07-03-2015, 10:17 AM
Damn, those collector tier AAs are beautiful. Come to me!

Rieper
07-03-2015, 10:21 AM
that vampire princess. So want her :(
Since i lack collector, that will be hard and expensive for me :(

Axle
07-03-2015, 10:25 AM
Stealth Vampire Princess nerf with 0 cost Kisses. Nothing huge though.

And damn you collectors! You and your never ending value train! :P

EDIT: Ignoreeee me. It's not really a nerf, just a reformatting. It affects ALL kisses in your hand. Thought it was just one. Only way it's a nerf is if your Kisses get countermagic'd.

Vorsa
07-03-2015, 10:31 AM
So much AA! :cool:
I'm in luck that the Brightmoon Brave is my favorite, as that's the one I'll be getting 4 of.

Classy charity support, Hex. :)

I'll certainly make use of that 50% extra arena gold, although not going too crazy as waiting for stardust to be added to the loot table - although 50% extra gold is likely equivalent to 4 common or 1 common/1 uncommon, which might well be a decent stardust drop rate...

Poetic
07-03-2015, 10:33 AM

I'm kinda bummed I didn't grab an extra tier to sell the AAs, I get a full playset but want to keep them all.

Khazrakh
07-03-2015, 10:34 AM

Well being a collector I still have to buy 2 of both AAs because I want to have 4 of everything.
Having the collector perk without being a collector must be great ;)

On other news: Amazing update, thank you very much HXE, so much looking forward to the coming weeks.
I'm closer than ever to not needing any other game ever again :)

Salverus
07-03-2015, 10:36 AM
hihihi mettle hihi

Vorpal
07-03-2015, 10:40 AM
Collector AA cards are, as always, gorgeous.

I think long term Collector tier might prove to be even better value than pro player. It's certainly the one I wish I had picked up :D

yoyogod
07-03-2015, 10:48 AM
Gauntlet!

Plus, Brightmoon Brave is a participation prize. You get it just for playing in those events. =D

Good idea. I think I have a slightly better chance of winning 4 matches in gauntlet than I do of winning a draft. With the packs I'm getting from the kickstarter, I should be able to get about 3 sealed gauntlets for 200 gold.

Xenavire
07-03-2015, 11:05 AM
Good idea. I think I have a slightly better chance of winning 4 matches in gauntlet than I do of winning a draft. With the packs I'm getting from the kickstarter, I should be able to get about 3 sealed gauntlets for 200 gold.

It isn't 'winning' a draft this time though, just reaching finals. Top 2 get Dukes.

But there are a lot of options now - constructed, draft or sealed, and in construct, gauntlet or swiss... It's insane! (I am not sure exactly which queues will offer the AA's but I assume all of them should.)

bwarner
07-03-2015, 11:07 AM
How does the time limit apply for Gauntlet? Is it based on when you first enter the gauntlet? Or is it based on when you finish? Or both?

Mike411
07-03-2015, 11:20 AM
Is Duke available in swiss draft? If so, how does it work there?

YourOpponent
07-03-2015, 11:42 AM
It isn't 'winning' a draft this time though, just reaching finals. Top 2 get Dukes.

But there are a lot of options now - constructed, draft or sealed, and in construct, gauntlet or swiss... It's insane! (I am not sure exactly which queues will offer the AA's but I assume all of them should.)

I am assuming that it will be mostly like the Set 2 Release Weekend. Based on the Newsfeed I'd say 8-Man Draft, 8-Man Sealed, 8-Man Sealed Gauntlet, and that's it. As well be sure to queue up for the ones that likely say release weekend (or something like that) otherwise they wouldn't have an AA reward.

What I'm curious and can't remember is Set 3 a new block? If so the Draft, and Sealed will be 3-3-3 right? Or will they only be set 3, set 3, set 3 for Draft/Sealed on release weekend like it was for Set 2 release with it being 2-2-2 instead of 2-2-1.

Graydeath
07-03-2015, 11:45 AM
I love that AA Vampire Princes and Periwinkle... i'm sad it will verry difficult for me to get some...

hex_colin
07-03-2015, 11:47 AM
I am assuming that it will be mostly like the Set 2 Release Weekend. Based on the Newsfeed I'd say 8-Man Draft, 8-Man Sealed, 8-Man Sealed Gauntlet, and that's it. As well be sure to queue up for the ones that likely say release weekend (or something like that) otherwise they wouldn't have an AA reward.

What I'm curious and can't remember is Set 3 a new block? If so the Draft, and Sealed will be 3-3-3 right? Or will they only be set 3, set 3, set 3 for Draft/Sealed on release weekend like it was for Set 2 release with it being 2-2-2 instead of 2-2-1.

3-3-3 for both Release and ongoing...

Edswor
07-03-2015, 11:56 AM
Collector AA cards are, as always, gorgeous.

I think long term Collector tier might prove to be even better value than pro player. It's certainly the one I wish I had picked up :D

Same thing here. This AA look great, especially, well, all of them.

Kardh
07-03-2015, 12:02 PM
Will we get another Art of Hex pdf anytime? So we can read up on the artists a bit. These pieces are amazing!

IndigoShade
07-03-2015, 12:07 PM
I'm not sure which Vamp Princess I like more, I guess I'll just have to swap them out from time to time :p Periwinkle looks like a badass now!

Yay for collector's AAs that are actually worth playing <3

poizonous
07-03-2015, 12:07 PM
Does anyone know if Uruunaz is counting for the 50% bonus gold? Seems very lucky for people to find him this next week if he is

yoyogod
07-03-2015, 12:08 PM

Oh yeah I forgot about that. I do occasionally manage second place. Maybe I will manage to win some dukes.

katkillad
07-03-2015, 12:14 PM
Want dem AA's.

YourOpponent
07-03-2015, 12:19 PM

That's what I figured thanks Colin :)

theghost32
07-03-2015, 12:43 PM
So happy for the collector aa's and hapy they changed the way there reward aa's id had a play set of filk apes if they did this last time

jonsnow2000
07-03-2015, 12:43 PM
Brightmoon Brave - so awesome. The next weeks will be so chock full of exitement :)

Shaqattaq
07-03-2015, 12:53 PM
For the questions regarding the timing of the start and end of your gauntlet run for the AAs, I'll check on that this coming Monday. We're not in the office right now due to Independence Day in the US.

As for the format questions like 221 and 333, sometimes we take for granted that TCG players understand how limited formats work in regards to sets but people who primarily play video games may not be familiar with it. That seems like a great thing to cover next week.

Flairina
07-03-2015, 12:54 PM
Gotta appreciate how cool the AA Brightmoon Brave looks, definitely want at least a playset of those. Nice that those are the participation prize. :D

Vorsa
07-03-2015, 01:28 PM

Thanks Colin, and Shaqattaq; I was certainly guessing 3-2-1, so 3-3-3 puts a whole new spin on my draft plans.
Also I finally understand how eggs, shift synergies etc. can actually be viable in limited. :o

The_Lannisters
07-03-2015, 01:59 PM
Gotta appreciate how cool the AA Brightmoon Brave looks, definitely want at least a playset of those. Nice that those are the participation prize. :D

Agree, all new AA's look great but Brightmoon Brave is one of my fav pieces of HEX art.

katkillad
07-03-2015, 02:55 PM
The flavor text on the AA Periwinkle is the best.

Mejis
07-03-2015, 03:13 PM
Agree, all new AA's look great but Brightmoon Brave is one of my fav pieces of HEX art.

+1 to this. The Brightmoon Brave AA is just incredible (as are the others, but this is certainly a favourite)! Thanks HEX, can't wait.

Great update too, very cool about the Charity stream info and the bonus gold in the run up to release.

Mejis
07-03-2015, 03:15 PM
...[snip]... That seems like a great thing to cover next week.

Could we also request extra info on what else might be in chests for that update too (given it'll be the last before release)... or is it all being left as a tasty surprise? ;)

fitzle
07-03-2015, 05:27 PM
Really amazed by the artwork as always! Also adore the Brightmoon Brave, so excited to have this card in my collection!

Phenteo
07-03-2015, 06:17 PM
Phenteo Update: Had to edit the announcement as there was a couple errors. We do apologize for the inconvenience. The following items were changed:

1. In gauntlet you need to win 5 times in order to get the prize (not 4 as previously stated). You must also complete the gauntlet during the event time-frame.

2. Constructed tournaments also have the prizes.

3. The 2-man tournament queue will not have the prizes.

poizonous
07-03-2015, 06:27 PM
Phenteo how about my question, will Uruunaz drop 50% bonus gold also or is his 100k locked in?

Voormas
07-03-2015, 06:33 PM
Phenteo how about my question, will Uruunaz drop 50% bonus gold also or is his 100k locked in?

Don't be silly - Uruunaz is a myth designed to make me grind Arena instead of playing other videogames (I still haven't finished Pillars of Eternity or even started Witcher 3... :()

Phenteo
07-03-2015, 06:36 PM

I think his drop rate should be increased. I'll ask Chark on Monday though to confirm.

FrostWynn
07-03-2015, 07:10 PM
Those KS AAs are sick man, wish I was a KS lols.

CodexReaper
07-03-2015, 07:12 PM

Could we get a brief explanation for this change at some point, Phenteo? If this is going to be the case during the celebration, that seems to strongly favor the odds of grabbing the Duke AA's in Draft rather than Gauntlet. Since you only have to get into Finals for a tournament to win one, a player with a 4-2 record will qualify (via a pair of 2-1 wins in Rounds 1 & 2), whereas now a Gauntlet player must go 5-0 (instead of 4-1). The no margin for error seems a bit off in comparison, at least to me. Is there something I've overlooked?

katkillad
07-03-2015, 07:30 PM
With gauntlet, you need 5 wins so you could go 5-0, 5-1, 5-2 and get the prize unless I'm misunderstanding and actually seems more lenient than the standard limited format since any loss in the first two rounds of swiss/competitive means you are out of the running.

Mike411
07-03-2015, 07:55 PM
Since you only have to get into Finals for a tournament to win one

I can't find this part in the article after Phenteo's edit.

hex_colin
07-03-2015, 08:04 PM
Could we get a brief explanation for this change at some point, Phenteo? If this is going to be the case during the celebration, that seems to strongly favor the odds of grabbing the Duke AA's in Draft rather than Gauntlet. Since you only have to get into Finals for a tournament to win one, a player with a 4-2 record will qualify (via a pair of 2-1 wins in Rounds 1 & 2), whereas now a Gauntlet player must go 5-0 (instead of 4-1). The no margin for error seems a bit off in comparison, at least to me. Is there something I've overlooked?

It's basically the exact same chance at 5 wins. 25% in Draft. 23% in Gauntlet. Making it 4 wins in Gauntlet makes it a much better way to farm them, and in much less time. It's fair at 5. :)

IndigoShade
07-03-2015, 08:06 PM
I can't find this part in the article after Phenteo's edit.

We already knew he's sneaky, shoving spider eggs into people's decks. However, this takes the cake. Wait, he took the cake too?!

CodexReaper
07-03-2015, 10:01 PM
With gauntlet, you need 5 wins so you could go 5-0, 5-1, 5-2 and get the prize unless I'm misunderstanding and actually seems more lenient than the standard limited format since any loss in the first two rounds of swiss/competitive means you are out of the running.

*facepalm* You're right, I did my math completely wrong. Gauntlet ends when you have three losses, not after five games. I was mistakenly thinking of it in Swiss structure, where it's three games regardless and your prizes are based on total wins.

Pardon my derp, everybody. As you were. :P

hammer
07-03-2015, 10:49 PM
The update previously stated that the top two of 8 Man drafts would receive AA Duke. This is now missing, is this an error from the edit or has this option been removed? Thanks

Phenteo
07-03-2015, 11:00 PM
The update previously stated that the top two of 8 Man drafts would receive AA Duke. This is now missing, is this an error from the edit or has this option been removed? Thanks

That was an error in posting. Engineering said it would take some considerable coding to change that. It may have been communicated improperly. Sorry!

hammer
07-03-2015, 11:06 PM
So AA Duke is not possible from draft?

"Just like the Shattered Destiny event, booster draft, constructed, and sealed deck tournament participants will receive the alternate art common for participation. In Gauntlet sealed deck and Gauntlet constructed, players who accumulate at least 5 wins will receive a copy of the Duplicitous Duke; however, the gauntlet must be completed during the event period. The 2 man queue tournament is not eligible for prizes."

essif
07-03-2015, 11:17 PM
I think the article could use another update. As it is worded now, you only get the Dukes from gauntlets, which I assume is an error.

Selanius
07-03-2015, 11:23 PM
Can you not get AA duke from Draft? That would be VERY disappointing.

Kroan
07-03-2015, 11:55 PM
Not one to argue, but if it takes considerable time to change your prize payout for 2nd place in a draft, you have some really terrible code :eek:

Gorgol
07-04-2015, 12:09 AM
Disappointed about no Duke from draft, oh well.

Selanius
07-04-2015, 12:12 AM
Draft is my favorite format. I play Constructed and Sealed for VIP Tournaments, but I find the most fun from the game in the Draft environment. I want a play set of the AAs, so I'll play Sealed Gauntlet if I have to, but I REALLY hope this is an oversight. Tournaments should be the location for the top prizes not the Gauntlet. I'll be incredibly disappointed if Draft gets the shaft on the top end prizes again.

chromus
07-04-2015, 12:28 AM
I understand you re-adjusted Gauntlet win requirement to 5 in order to make it similar to a Draft Win (instead of Draft 1st and 2nd place). But as per the current version of the update, winning the Draft does not reward Duplicitious Duke AA either. Surely, this must be a mistake. :/

Mourad13
07-04-2015, 01:25 AM
I want these AA collector cards...but will be too expensive unfortunetaly. Whatever i will try to get at least one periwinckle ^^.

I so regret not having backed this game nore being VIP...But no hard feeling now i'm fully in and can't wait to play with set 3. Now one more task: convince my boss to let me watch Twitch at work...Yeah i know not gonna happen :rolleyes:

05K4R
07-04-2015, 02:22 AM
Not one to argue, but if it takes considerable time to change your prize payout for 2nd place in a draft, you have some really terrible code :eek:

I agree, something is very wrong in the code if this is the case.

Phenteo
07-04-2015, 02:26 AM
Disappointed about no Duke from draft, oh well.

I need to find out if it is included in draft. I believe it should be as well. When a dev told me that the announcement needed some changes I didn't get full information as we're not in the office for holiday. I will find out more on Monday though!

Khazrakh
07-04-2015, 02:48 AM
I need to find out if it is included in draft. I believe it should be as well. When a dev told me that the announcement needed some changes I didn't get full information as we're not in the office for holiday. I will find out more on Monday though!

Wouldn't make sense to not award it for draft.
Since HXE - at least to me - has a history of not doing things that don't make sense I'm pretty confident draft wins will award a copy as well :)

Xenavire
07-04-2015, 02:54 AM

If draft was excluded I would be shocked.

Also, if the prizing structure is something that you want to change, can't you simply wait until the event is over and inject the Duke AA's into every account that placed 2nd? Or was it never intended to go to 2nd place as well?

(And man, what a way to kill any buzz I had, I thought I could actually play the release event relatively stress free, since getting 2nd is a whole lot less punishing that winning. RNG already hates me, giving it a reason to be sadistic is just cruel.)

Gorgol
07-04-2015, 03:12 AM
(And man, what a way to kill any buzz I had, I thought I could actually play the release event relatively stress free, since getting 2nd is a whole lot less punishing that winning. RNG already hates me, giving it a reason to be sadistic is just cruel.)

Yeah, took quite a bit of wind out of my sails, but we'll get the final answer Monday so I spose nothing left to do but forget about it until then and enjoy the weekend. :)

KingxOfxThexVoid
07-04-2015, 05:13 AM
Already Hyped ;)

wolzarg
07-04-2015, 05:14 AM
Will be very disappointing if its finalized as not available from drafts. But not nearly as disappointed as i would be surprised if Hex actually did that.

poizonous
07-04-2015, 05:17 AM
Is it wrong for me to want it to be 1st place only? Only giving out 1 per 8 man queue is better for value of the card. And with Gauntlet is there an estimated # of cards that will distributed this way? Gauntlet has potential to distribute a ton of these cards.... 5-0 5-1 5-2 :( These will be worth a bunch less than the Filk Apes depending on how popular Gauntlets are during release weekend... Hope I am wrong but the gauntlet numbers are only thing that can prove me wrong

Poetic
07-04-2015, 05:23 AM
Eh, I just want a playset, don't care too much about the value as I wouldn't sell them. Unless I won extras.

Kroan
07-04-2015, 05:24 AM
Is it wrong for me to want it to be 1st place only? Only giving out 1 per 8 man queue is better for value of the card. And with Gauntlet is there an estimated # of cards that will distributed this way? Gauntlet has potential to distribute a ton of these cards.... 5-0 5-1 5-2 :( These will be worth a bunch less than the Filk Apes depending on how popular Gauntlets are during release weekend... Hope I am wrong but the gauntlet numbers are only thing that can prove me wrong

What does it matter how much they're worth. It's a fun reminder of your release weekend, not a business opportunity... So yeah, it's pretty wrong :P

wolzarg
07-04-2015, 05:44 AM
What does it matter how much they're worth. It's a fun reminder of your release weekend, not a business opportunity... So yeah, it's pretty wrong :P
I made crazy bank on the filk apes winning every draft i joined except 1 but i don't like the top heavy prize structure and the limiting of the AA by doing that. Top 2 both getting one solves both problems and is overall just better for the community i very much approve.

Not that i don't like to make out like a bandit i just think its less healthy for the community and peoples happiness. Just look at the people in this thread going from aww another AA i will never have to, i can probably get those now. This is good for the community and i hope many people realize through their fight for top 2 that they absolutely can get to the finals and even win them.

That's the main difference between this game and the other i never saw anyone not thinking they could win a draft in the other one.

poizonous
07-04-2015, 05:53 AM
Everything in a TCG is a business opportunity. Sorry for those who don't think so but AA's are purely Business opportunities... if too many AA's exist than they are basically basic art and worth nothing... AA's are meant to be valuable

LNQ
07-04-2015, 06:03 AM
Every interaction you have in your life is a business opportunity. Doesn't mean you should take them as such, and most people have a balance where most things are thought as just part of life with no intent for profit, mostly because life is a social thing.

It might be a good idea to bring some of that balance to your approach to TCGs, too.

poizonous
07-04-2015, 06:11 AM
I grew up in the competitive age where prizes were earned not handed out for the weak. Honestly don't care if it sounds rude as the "participation ribbon era" really pisses me off. Fun is a huge part of the game but when you hand out valuable AA's to everyone like candy, as i previously said you may as well just have made that the basic art

wolzarg
07-04-2015, 06:29 AM
I grew up in the competitive age where prizes were earned not handed out for the weak. Honestly don't care if it sounds rude as the "participation ribbon era" really pisses me off. Fun is a huge part of the game but when you hand out valuable AA's to everyone like candy, as i previously said you may as well just have made that the basic art
top 2 instead of top 1 = Handing them out like candy, Participation ribbon.
Mhm...

Salverus
07-04-2015, 06:45 AM
the vampiric princess and periwinkle will be like the cerulean mirror knight and chaos key ?
and the brightmoon brave and the duplicious duke will be like the punisher and filk ape ?

so the brightmoon will be reasonable priced and the other 3 expensive as hell?

Poetic
07-04-2015, 06:53 AM
Yeah, the first two are collector tier and there will only be about 3,300 or so in circulation.

Duke will depend on how many events fire release weekend. I plan to chain drafts all weekend myself.

poizonous
07-04-2015, 07:07 AM
top 2 instead of top 1 = Handing them out like candy, Participation ribbon.
Mhm...

My statement was referring towards gauntlet... 5-0 5-1 5-2... That is super Lenient and if gauntlet is popular that weekend then yes i stand by my statement of the reward being handed out like candy

Kaiba_Graysoul
07-04-2015, 07:34 AM
My statement was referring towards gauntlet... 5-0 5-1 5-2... That is super Lenient and if gauntlet is popular that weekend then yes i stand by my statement of the reward being handed out like candy

It just means they will be worth less and I think getting a card for free isn't that crazy it is the duck that ppl will be striving for

wolzarg
07-04-2015, 08:00 AM

But is it really i mean my math is not where it should be so i won't claim its correct but we heard 25% for draft was 23% for gauntlet. does the difference of 2% really equate to handing them out like candy?
I mean in a draft i can go 2-1,2-1 0-2 and still get one and that is less wins.

Kaiba_Graysoul
07-04-2015, 08:16 AM
But is it really i mean my math is not where it should be so i won't claim its correct but we heard 25% for draft was 23% for gauntlet. does the difference of 2% really equate to handing them out like candy?
I mean in a draft i can go 2-1,2-1 0-2 and still get one and that is less wins.

I think he means the one for participation but i could be wrong

wolzarg
07-04-2015, 08:32 AM
I think he means the one for participation but i could be wrong
That's moot then those have always been abundant and just completely "worthless".

Khazrakh
07-04-2015, 11:52 AM
That's moot then those have always been abundant and just completely "worthless".

Hexprice (http://www.hexprice.com/Card/Darkspire%20Punisher%20AA) says something completely different ;)
Even the participation AAs are worth a booster+ and they'll be worth even more down the road.
Playing that weekend is already a fantastic value, whether 2nd placed players get the winner AA or not.

YourOpponent
07-04-2015, 03:37 PM
It's basically the exact same chance at 5 wins. 25% in Draft. 23% in Gauntlet. Making it 4 wins in Gauntlet makes it a much better way to farm them, and in much less time. It's fair at 5. :)

I am very confused how this can be the case...perhaps I'm overlooking something, but the odds of being in the finals for draft to get the Duke AA is 25% due to it being 2/8. Now if I'm correct on how Gauntlet works you can only do 5 games during a gauntlet and are dropped if you get 3 losses. Therefore only 1/32 people will be able to get the Duke that way if everybody is queueing up against who they should be (due to the same records)...making Gauntlet much more difficult than Draft.

EDIT: Nevermind. I must of read an older post on Gauntlet. Apparently you keep playing until you achieve 5 wins OR 3 losses. Meaning at most there are up to 7 games being played...and thus making Gauntlet much more reasonable.

Khazrakh
07-06-2015, 02:11 PM
So...any news regarding the AA payout plans :)?

hex_colin
07-06-2015, 03:49 PM
So...any news regarding the AA payout plans :)?

Check the front page!

hacky
07-06-2015, 03:53 PM
"Daily Sealed Tournaments: 4-0 and 3-1 will win the Duplicitous Duke AA"

31.25% (5/16) of Daily Sealed players will get an AA Duke.

Like a VIP Sealed weekend tournament, only every 4 hours. Interesting...

TOOT
07-06-2015, 04:12 PM
Looks like it's been changed to now winning a 8 person tourney instead of being in the finals for getting the Duke now?

8-person Queue: Top 1 is awarded Duplicitous Duke AA (Single-Elim Competitive Draft, and Swiss Draft)

ghulzen
07-06-2015, 04:23 PM
Looks like it's been changed to now winning a 8 person tourney instead of being in the finals for getting the Duke now?

8-person Queue: Top 1 is awarded Duplicitous Duke AA (Single-Elim Competitive Draft, and Swiss Draft)

Yeah I swore it said top 2 before.

elfstone
07-06-2015, 04:40 PM
it did say it before, that was an error, they changed it

ManofPeace
07-06-2015, 04:42 PM
That change happened prior to the weekend.

That was an error in posting. Engineering said it would take some considerable coding to change that. It may have been communicated improperly. Sorry!

This newest article was meant to clarify questions that were building up over the weekend.