PDA

View Full Version : Ruby Cup Question

YourOpponent
07-03-2015, 02:33 PM
With Set 3 Release Weekend happening on the 18th and 19th I was wondering if the Ruby Cup tournament is still going to be happening that weekend or if it will be getting changed to a different date.

hex_colin
07-03-2015, 03:06 PM
No change in date. No real possibilities in July anyway.

Showsni
07-03-2015, 07:50 PM
Cue some frantic bug testing of set three cards before the Cup.

Saeijou
07-03-2015, 09:15 PM
Cue some frantic bug testing of set three cards before the Cup.

some cards will be forbidden for sure i guess

wolzarg
07-04-2015, 11:31 AM
My memory isn't glorious but I'm fairly sure it worked similar with set 2 just had a lot more cards banned but played like normal.

Bombs
07-04-2015, 11:55 AM

I believe the only thing forbidden at the moment is the consumption of any beverage other than Ruby Red Squirt during the Ruby Cup.

Xenavire
07-04-2015, 12:50 PM
I believe the only thing forbidden at the moment is the consumption of any beverage other than Ruby Red Squirt during the Ruby Cup.

I have no idea what that is! :p

And it seems likely that I will have to sit this out in order to participate in the release weekend. Which is a shame, I could have a lot of fun with it.

YourOpponent
07-04-2015, 06:24 PM

Man it's been over a decade since I last drank Squirt or Ruby Red Squirt! Do they even still make that soda? But I agree only consuming beverages with the name Ruby in their name and eating food from Ruby Tuesday's should be allowed during the Ruby Cup!

Frost3
07-05-2015, 03:58 AM
OMG....Ruby Red Squirt....is my addiction. I....I'm trying to ween my self off by trying this Cherry Dr Pepper. But....the Red calls to me...it...beckons my soul. Ok i just really like that particular soda. ;)

Elwinz
07-05-2015, 04:03 AM
Well not like i am not gonna win the cup but poeple with moneyxz will have so huge advantage having new cards 3 days after set release

tyra
07-05-2015, 05:41 AM
buy cards before the tournament... sell afterwards. Not a huge loss

YourOpponent
07-05-2015, 08:21 AM
Well not like i am not gonna win the cup but poeple with moneyxz will have so huge advantage having new cards 3 days after set release

You'd be surprised. For example in the last VIP Constructed I accidentally entered with my Set 1 ONLY Human GoreFeast Deck and I s till ended up walking away 3-1 (lost the final round 1-2 due to a couple of misplays.) But with careful planning, researching the cards and excellent theory crafting you should still be able to make a deck and do well without using a single Set 3 card...of course it wouldn't hurt to due PvE to pickup a few commons/uncommons for a safety net though :P

Elwinz
07-06-2015, 06:41 AM
Yeah it doesnt mean new cards must win. But might be some cards turning the tide form new set.

Anyway i just relaised i have wedding at thsat day so i cant participate ;p

NOBLEStarshield
07-06-2015, 01:05 PM

What about Mountain Dew: Code Red?

thegreybetween
07-06-2015, 04:21 PM

That's just an all-around bad idea, my friend. Stick to your AA coffee.

funktion
07-06-2015, 09:10 PM

I went to go look up what the flavors of Tab were called, much to my surprise it wasn't just "RED."

katkillad
07-06-2015, 10:21 PM
The best red drink is Tahitian Treat obviously.