PDA

View Full Version : What's your order of priority/hype for the upcoming WoF/chest loot?

Vorsa
07-04-2015, 11:13 AM
Like the title says: what's your order of priority/hype for the upcoming WoF/chest loot? :)

My own priorities:

1. PvE cards
I really wanted a set of Slaughtergear PvE cards ever since I saw them - so much synergy between them (once equipped), and being artifacts is a huge plus for Arena right now.
But beyond that PvE cards have the edge on equipment simply by virtue of bigger art & possessing plenty of equipment options themselves.
I don't play constructed PvP, so PvE cards = regular cards for me. :p

2. Equipment
I think I'll have to hope for a good spread of equipment draws from my chests, because I'll be obsessively buying whatever I'm missing off the auction house afterwards!
The only thing that kept me in check with Arena equipment was knowing that I'd get everything (several times over) eventually, but once my chest stockpile is used up any gaps will prove irresistible to fill...

3. Mercenaries
I'm extremely hyped for the day mercenaries become use-able & right now a complete collection feels very achievable, but in the back of my mind I know they're primarily just a stepping stone to PvE characters.
As single sizeable purchases, I think I'll have the willpower to simply wait for the uncommon & rare mercenaries to come my way eventually (unless of course one's a Mancubus!).

4. Sleeves
I do like sleeves - and have gone a tad overboard chasing WoF ones in the past - but with the amount of sleeves I won't ever be getting, I'm a bit ambivalent about them now.
Plus I couldn't resist looking at the sleeve guide in a certain forum-goer's signature, and if the chest reward sleeves are still as they were at the time they were glimpsed them I'm afraid that they are most definitely not to my taste...

5. Alternate Art
While I fully expect to still get a kick out of fancy-pants & limited edition AA's, got to be honest; the massive stardust cost for Promo rarity does rather put me off AA's in general.
There's no sense totally abstaining on AA's because Promo stardust will probably be a loot drop e.g. Princess Victoria has my first 2 reserved because the non-AA version just isn't her to me, and AA Buccaneer is next in line.
But at the same time the giant price tag combined with the likelihood of not spinning/chesting a complete playset of 4 does tempt me just to offload any AA stragglers I get...

Flairina
07-04-2015, 12:37 PM
Like the title says: what's your order of priority/hype for the upcoming WoF/chest loot? :)

My own priorities:

1. PvE cards
I really wanted a set of Slaughtergear PvE cards ever since I saw them - so much synergy between them (once equipped), and being artifacts is a huge plus for Arena right now.
But beyond that PvE cards have the edge on equipment simply by virtue of bigger art & possessing plenty of equipment options themselves.
I don't play constructed PvP, so PvE cards = regular cards for me. :p

2. Equipment
I think I'll have to hope for a good spread of equipment draws from my chests, because I'll be obsessively buying whatever I'm missing off the auction house afterwards!
The only thing that kept me in check with Arena equipment was knowing that I'd get everything (several times over) eventually, but once my chest stockpile is used up any gaps will prove irresistible to fill...

3. Mercenaries
I'm extremely hyped for the day mercenaries become use-able & right now a complete collection feels very achievable, but in the back of my mind I know they're primarily just a stepping stone to PvE characters.
As single sizeable purchases, I think I'll have the willpower to simply wait for the uncommon & rare mercenaries to come my way eventually (unless of course one's a Mancubus!).

4. Sleeves
I do like sleeves - and have gone a tad overboard chasing WoF ones in the past - but with the amount of sleeves I won't ever be getting, I'm a bit ambivalent about them now.
Plus I couldn't resist looking at the sleeve guide in a certain forum-goer's signature, and if the chest reward sleeves are still as they were at the time they were glimpsed them I'm afraid that they are most definitely not to my taste...

5. Alternate Art
While I fully expect to still get a kick out of fancy-pants & limited edition AA's, got to be honest; the massive stardust cost for Promo rarity does rather put me off AA's in general.
There's no sense totally abstaining on AA's because Promo stardust will probably be a loot drop e.g. Princess Victoria has my first 2 reserved because the non-AA version just isn't her to me, and AA Buccaneer is next in line.
But at the same time the giant price tag combined with the likelihood of not spinning/chesting a complete playset of 4 does tempt me just to offload any AA stragglers I get...

Heh, funnily, your two bottoms are my two tops.

1. Alternate Art- I do not need extended art in order to be happy, and I really enjoy the alternate art choices. Stardust isn't a priority for me though, that's at like the bottom of my list.)

2. Sleeves- I may not be able to get all of them, but I made my peace with that LONG ago. An incomplete collection is still pretty cool, and honestly I really like having the option of matching each of my decks with a sleeve that fits their theme. It probably helps that I just won some of the rarest ones and am kind of hyped about that at the moment, maybe I'll rank this lower some time later.

3. PVE Cards- I'm not certain how cheap these will end up being to just buy on the AH (I only have about 100 chests), but I do like PVE cards. We seriously need more of them right now, glad there are at least a few more joining us. Now if we can more than THREE, that would be nice...

4. Equipment- Depending on how valuable it turns out to be given the changes apparently being made, this might get ranked higher. I'll have to wait and see.

5. Mercenaries- Since there's no leveling system now, there's no real difference to these guys than having a new champion. Even if we get to switch them out in the arena, that lasts what, one round? Kinda useless at current.

israel.kendall
07-04-2015, 01:01 PM
Mercs aren't just new champions, they bring along an entirely different deck that you built to go along with that merc.

Salverus
07-04-2015, 01:11 PM
since there is very little known about mercs, it's difficult to say if they are good.
if we can only bring one merc with us for each dungeon, then having 20+ mercs is pointless
my top3 is
1 extended art
2 new equipment
3 new cards

Poetic
07-04-2015, 01:49 PM
AAs are the most hype, 2nd would be getting all those chests out of my inventory.

Diesbudt
07-04-2015, 04:10 PM
AAs are the most hype, 2nd would be getting all those chests out of my inventory.

Amen... Carrying 627 cheats on my back, it's starting to get too heavy.

Kaiba_Graysoul
07-04-2015, 04:26 PM
Amen... Carrying 627 cheats on my back, it's starting to get too heavy.

I will see that and raise to 1,366 :P

israel.kendall
07-04-2015, 04:30 PM
I will see that and raise to 1,366 :P

I have roughly the same, give or take a couple hundred. Anyone done the math on how many hours it will take to open this many chests?!

Kaiba_Graysoul
07-04-2015, 04:35 PM
I have roughly the same, give or take a couple hundred. Anyone done the math on how many hours it will take to open this many chests?!

HAHA after waiting over a year everyone tries to open chests at once and the server melts and we go back to square 1

theghost32
07-04-2015, 04:40 PM
i have 2145 chests to open going to take so long

Kaiba_Graysoul
07-04-2015, 04:42 PM
i have 2145 chests to open going to take so long

current leader, lets close the thread before colin comes :P

RCDv57
07-04-2015, 05:03 PM
Does Colin even open packs?
I know he farmed the WoF for sleeves, but I don't think he is an automatic leader for chests.

The current leader is probably Cory Jones, as he is a draftaholic with access to free drafting.

Incindium
07-04-2015, 05:21 PM
I'm currently sitting at 1501... which is pretty good considering I only opened 67 packs... the rest all came from limited play.

hex_colin
07-04-2015, 05:52 PM
Does Colin even open packs?
I know he farmed the WoF for sleeves, but I don't think he is an automatic leader for chests.

The current leader is probably Cory Jones, as he is a draftaholic with access to free drafting.

I have 6313 chests. ;) I open a LOT of packs.

EDIT: actually counted...

wolzarg
07-04-2015, 05:58 PM
I have 7001 chests! not really tho... i just wanted to beat colin at something, besides limited. :p

RCDv57
07-04-2015, 07:43 PM
I have 6313 chests. ;) I open a LOT of packs.

EDIT: actually counted...

How many have been rolled thou?
How much gold would that take?
How many cards do you have!?

YourOpponent
07-04-2015, 08:30 PM
1.) Alternate Art Cards
2.) PvE Equipment
3.) Sleeves
4.) Extended Art
5.) PvE Cards
6.) Mercenaries

strawwmann
07-04-2015, 08:38 PM
Interesting to see how much people's priorities differ.
Mine are almost exact opposite to OP, but similar to other responses:

1. Alternate Art Cards
2. PvE Cards
3. Mercenaries
4. Sleeves
5. Extended Art
6. PvE Equipment

israel.kendall
07-04-2015, 09:08 PM
1 AA's
2 dust
3 sleeves
4 everything else ties for 4th

Voormas
07-04-2015, 09:54 PM
Just having more fully implemented features to talk about when hyping others up for the game will be nice :)

Incindium
07-04-2015, 10:03 PM
The new sounds/feel to chest rolling were much improved with the new client version... actually being able to open chests will be the cherry on top of the cherry on the awesome milkshake that is Hex TCG.

RCDv57
07-04-2015, 10:41 PM
Just having more fully implemented features to talk about when hyping others up for the game will be nice :)

I'm rather excited to play through that new tutorial.

Once we get some campaign in here I'll kidnap and entire herd of tweens, and force feed them Hex until they pass out. Then they will all agree that if I let them go they won't tell nobody.

israel.kendall
07-04-2015, 10:56 PM

Once we get some campaign in here I'll kidnap and entire herd of tweens, and force feed them Hex until they pass out. Then they will all agree that if I let them go they won't tell nobody.

Pour red bull down their throats to make them last longer.

Elwinz
07-04-2015, 11:12 PM
i have barely 350 chests, gues i shuoldnt have lft game for a year when beta started ^^

NOt evne gona try to roll all of them. I lost realy a lot of gold even on commons. NOt even talking what happened when i tried to roll uncomonns. Tons o of gold with nothing in return =.- My rng on the is realy bad. I got air elemental once that was highest i got from it. Didnt get any non common AAs or sleeves.

RCDv57
07-04-2015, 11:34 PM
Pour red bull down their throats to make them last longer.

I can't afford to share any of my Redbull. If I don't drink at least 12 galleons a day then the voices will go away.
I was just making obscure references again.

Kaiba_Graysoul
07-05-2015, 02:01 AM
How many have been rolled thou?
How much gold would that take?
How many cards do you have!?

Taking my average roll cost, which is low as iv mainly just done uncommons to roll all chests to no more spin we are at 22,095,500 gold 0_o

Xavon
07-05-2015, 06:09 AM
1) New Equipment
2) PvE Cards
3) Stardust
4) AA Cards
5) Sleeves
6) Packs
7) Gold
8) Mercanaries

RCDv57
07-05-2015, 08:14 AM
Taking my average roll cost, which is low as iv mainly just done uncommons to roll all chests to no more spin we are at 22,095,500 gold 0_o

I only need 1,655,400 Gold for the rest of my rolls
and I've spent at least 605,700 Gold on rolls already.

That number doesn't seem so bad when I look at poor Colin. Even if he has only common chests, and never gets any re-rolls that's still 7,575,600 Gold right there. The amount of gold actually needed to roll Colin's chests would probably make his Stardust Gold stash look like chump change.

Flairina
07-05-2015, 08:19 AM
I only need 1,655,400 Gold for the rest of my rolls
and I've spent at least 605,700 Gold on rolls already.

That number doesn't seem so bad when I look at poor Colin. Even if he has only common chests, and never gets any re-rolls that's still 7,575,600 Gold right there. The amount of gold actually needed to roll Colin's chests would probably make his Stardust Gold stash look like chump change.

Yeah, but at the same time he has a ton of stuff to sell in order to GET that gold. Unlike some of us. ^^;

RCDv57
07-05-2015, 09:02 AM
Yeah, but at the same time he has a ton of stuff to sell in order to GET that gold. Unlike some of us. ^^;

I did some quick maths based on drop rates and estimates. With rerolls its probably going to take around a total of 40M gold to open all his stuff. Colin could have enough already invested into rolling. He will also get a good amount of SD from the Data dragon backlog and opening chests. I think Colin might just have enough gold left over from when he bought a ton of it to roll everything.

NoahBuddy
07-05-2015, 09:37 AM

Um these are people you know right? Should we be worried?

Selanius
07-05-2015, 10:20 AM
1. Sleeves
-Over 1000 spins later I am still missing two sets of sleeves from the WoF. I feel like they really messed up the drop rate on the sleeves from sets 1 and 2. If you don't open a particular item on the rest of the list you can just buy it on the AH, sleeves you have to open so they are the highest on my list.
2. AA Cards
-I'm primarily a PvP player so these are my focus.
3. PvE Cards
-These cards have unique effects and I've enjoyed playing with Lightning Elemental from the WoF.
4. Mercenaries
-The ability to swap out decks seems pretty powerful. Having multiple options is even more powerful.
5. Equipment
-I'm flooded in equipment I'm not using from the arena. Only a VERY small percentage of my equipment gets used because of the number of slots I have available to me. I'd like to see a format where you can use some of the less used equipment. I'm not sure what that looks like but it seems HEXEnt spends so much time coding equipment and only 10-20% of it is used.

hex_colin
07-05-2015, 02:31 PM

I never sell anything. I give lots away, and hoard cards. I'm the dev team's worst nightmare when it comes to optimizing the client/UI. ;)

RCDv57
07-05-2015, 02:36 PM
Um these are people you know right? Should we be worried?

I ain't never gonna been caught yet. Don't you worry about me.

wolzarg
07-05-2015, 03:23 PM
I never sell anything. I give lots away, and hoard cards. I'm the dev team's worst nightmare when it comes to optimizing the client/UI. ;)
You come to me today, the day of my daughters first gauntlet and you ask of me one Mighty Gauntlet. How can i refuse such a request on this the day of my daughters first gauntlet.

Don't lynch me i haven't watched the godfather since i was 7...

thegreybetween
07-07-2015, 11:33 AM
I'm actually hyped about some of the little QoL enhancements that we saw on the test server. Zoom view in the card manager now shows the card's equipment, which will make PvE deck brewing a lot more efficient. "Quick" is now highlighted as orange, which should improve the at-a-glance assessment of many a Coyotle and (sadly) Mettle. There were a handful of other improvements as well, which are always good to see.

Now we just need to get full-library view back in the Card Manager and the browsing experience should be pretty solid.

As for the OP's hype items, I prioritize thusly:

1) Mercenaries - I wish we knew a little more about how they currently fit into the game, but I've been excited about them in pretty much each of the various iterations we've heard about so far, and I've tracked down the entire roster at this point. Last word on the street was that Mercs would be used for one-shot battles in any un-cleared dungeon, but could enter a completed dungeon as your main champ. I assume that Mercs in the Arena will also be main champs for a given run. In any event, I can't wait to Mooof the hell out of some Arena.

2) PvE Cards - Not so much the latest batch of WoF cards. I'm sure they'll be great (Water Elementals and Shiitake Chefs are some of my favorite Arena performers), but what I'd like to see is a proper influx of PvE cards. More whacky content to build around, more elusive content to chase, more thematic content to really dive into flavorful deck building, etc. A solid body of PvE cards will go a long way to reinvigorate the consumable content he have now, and will further help provide a sense of progress and development to players grinding their way into the game.

3) Chests - I'm in the +/- 1000 camp. I'm also in the won't-open-until-spun camp and I still have 200+ upper-tier chests waiting for a date with the wheels. So I'm very excited to get to cracking them, but I'm also hip-deep in the grind that will get me comfortably into the real goodies. I'm totally hyped about every aspects of chests but the grind. Here's to 50% bonus gold week!

4) AA Cards - They're cool. I confess that my favorite aspect of them is probably the orange rarity icon :p Harvesting playsets of AAs is definitely one of the more challenging aspects of being a dedicated collector, and one that is very hard to justify given the ridiculous price tag on some of them. But it helps to ensure that there is always something to chase. Lately, I've been finding the standard arts to be superior to their choice of AA cards, with some notable exceptions (AA Periwinkle is badass).

5) Sleeves - A great set of sleeves goes a long way to personalize a deck. Chasing them is a bit of a nightmare, but it does make for some thrilling successes. I've amassed most of them at this point (missing Jadiim, Uruunaz, Poster, and >GK sleeves)[EDIT: And Buccy sleeves, forgot about those elusive things], and will keep on the hunt for the new ones. The only teased sleeve that really has me excited is the Storm King sleeve (so awesome!), but that is also the most unattainable, which is a bummer. I'm sure I'll find a way to get it... but sleeves go on the bottom of the list because of their tendency to sap at least as much hype as they sow.