PDA

View Full Version : Value of the common AA cards in the store

Koz
07-06-2015, 06:42 AM
Still being a newer player, I don't have tons of excess gold. I've sold some stuff on the auction house recently and I've been hitting the Arena a decent amount and I've got about 225,000 gold stored up (not much compared to the average player I would assume). With the gold boost coming up starting tomorrow, I intend to grind the holy hell out of the Arena with my fastest decks (no more fun decks for the rest of the week!). I should be able to get up towards the $500,000 - $700,000 range or so I would think after these runs and I sell more stuff on the Auction House.

Sooooo, the point of all that is I'm wondering if it's worth my time to buy the AA common cards from the store while they're still available. I was going to use all my gold to spin chests (I've only ever spun a chest like twice, just to see what it did when I first started), and I intend to spin each chest until it can't be spun anymore before opening (even if it takes me a long time to make that happen...I can wait). Buuuut... with the AA commons being removed from the store I'm tempted to buy as many of those as I can while they're available. I don't normally care that much about AA cards in general (I'm not about the shinnies), my interest in them would be purely for investment purposes. Do people think their value will increase after they get pulled from the store? Or are there so many of them floating around out there that they won't ever be worth much more than what I paid for them?

25,000 gold is so much per card....I just don't want to blow the money on them and have them not be worth it in the long run when I don't have much gold to begin with and have so many chests to spin before I can open them...

I know this calls for speculation, but I'm interested to hear what people think will happen to the value of these cards down the line.

Kami
07-06-2015, 06:47 AM
It's really dependent on what you want them for. If you're using the AAs as just a way to make a profit as you stated, it might take a long time before you get anything out of it as a lot of players have bought duplicates to hold and sell.

If you end up doing it for yourself, then just get a playset (600k) and call it done.

Personally, I'd save gold sinks like chests and extended art until later because those are not time-sensitive.

bwarner
07-06-2015, 06:48 AM
The cards are currently selling for around 300 platinum, which is a significantly better rate of gold to platinum than we have seen in the past. So currently they seem to be a good deal. Buying and holding a bunch of them is risky though. You are banking that there will be increased demand for them as new players join the game, and that there won't be enough current supply from speculators to satisfy that demand. Personally, I'd rather put my money into cards I can use. It seems like a more stable investment, and I get more entertainment value out of it in the interim.

Koz
07-06-2015, 07:06 AM
Well, to clarify, I won't have enough gold to truly horde these or anything. I currently don't own a single copy of these for myself, so if I buy them I will just go for a playset of as many different cards as possible. They're just so damn expensive that it will pain me to pay for them now and then have to wait to open chests for weeks while I grind more gold to spin them first. But if the AA commons go way up in value down the road, I'll be kicking myself for not buying them...hence my dilemma

Flairina
07-06-2015, 07:21 AM
Well, to clarify, I won't have enough gold to truly horde these or anything. I currently don't own a single copy of these for myself, so if I buy them I will just go for a playset of as many different cards as possible. They're just so damn expensive that it will pain me to pay for them now and then have to wait to open chests for weeks while I grind more gold to spin them first. But if the AA commons go way up in value down the road, I'll be kicking myself for not buying them...hence my dilemma

I'm with you. I've been here from the start, and I have what, nine of the cards, maybe? You could buy that many now. I STILL don't see how people have so much gold. Selling excess cards on the AH I guess, but I don't know how that turns a profit unless you spend hours and hours on it and have a lot to sell. The arena is a really inefficient way of grinding for gold; you're almost certainly better off working an hour in the REAL world (even if it's just like, mowing lawns or raking leaves) and then just spending it on plat to trade with people for gold.

plaguedealer
07-06-2015, 07:23 AM
I will tell you what I am doing and you can decide if it is something you agree with.

I am not interested in the store aa cards. Is it possible that in two years aa murder will be the equivalent of 20 bucks, maybe. I personally would not spend that kind of money on a aa common (I just don't see someone new to the game doing that). I am hording gold until I know what is in the chests.

ghulzen
07-06-2015, 07:30 AM
I'm not big into AA's myself so I just bought 1 of each. I spend all my gold on rolling chests.

RCDv57
07-06-2015, 07:32 AM
I just bought the AA commons that I am interested in and will use.
So Murder, Repel, and Buccaneer.

But I like shinies, and sold some extra packs for them.

wolzarg
07-06-2015, 07:33 AM
AA will never ever ever be a lose. The question is if different investments would pay more. I can guarantee you someone will give you 25k gold for them next year unless something catastrophic happens.

ziggarius
07-06-2015, 07:35 AM
I just bought the AA commons that I am interested in and will use.
So Murder, Repel, and Buccaneer.

But I like shinies, and sold some extra packs for them.

Same here but i tagged burns too. Debating if I'll get the others or not during the bonus gold week.

vickrpg
07-06-2015, 07:43 AM
AA will never ever ever be a lose. The question is if different investments would pay more. I can guarantee you someone will give you 25k gold for them next year unless something catastrophic happens.

This is how I feel about the AAs. they cost 25kg, but they are already worth more than this. If you buy them and change your mind, sell them, you can almost 100% guarantee a profit, even if not a big one you can definitely sell it to someone for the initial price.

Heck, i'll buy them for the initial price if it comes to it.

Xenavire
07-06-2015, 08:16 AM
Just going to point out that selling them for gold (more than 25000) will be possible within a few weeks (or days, depending on demand) after they disappear from the store. I am sure there will be a few 'free' players that will have missed out and would be perfectly happy paying some markup to secure the last few they need without buying them with plat.

Mahes
07-06-2015, 08:41 AM
In a year you probably could get 50k for each one as they would no longer be available and FTP players can save up for them. It is a pretty sure thing that they will never lose value and most likely gain value. AA's have an appeal but there is a point where it caps.

Salverus
07-06-2015, 08:45 AM
as soon as set 1 goes out of rotation, the AAs might drop in value though, since they cant be used anymore in all PvP formats.

plaguedealer
07-06-2015, 08:56 AM
Also there will be more gold faucets in a year so you might get more gold for them but the gold-plat ratio may not be the same. Who know gold might have even more value in a year.

The_Lannisters
07-06-2015, 09:11 AM
Also there will be more gold faucets in a year so you might get more gold for them but the gold-plat ratio may not be the same. Who know gold might have even more value in a year.

this

Tazelbain
07-06-2015, 09:23 AM
AA commons are a safe bet, but very long term. For foreseeable future, the quantity will far exceed demand. I bought 2 sets of AA commons but I don't expect to sell the second set for at least a couple years.

vickrpg
07-06-2015, 10:46 AM
as soon as set 1 goes out of rotation, the AAs might drop in value though, since they cant be used anymore in all PvP formats.

This won't happen till set 7 or 8, according to the little information we have. Sure, set 1 goes out of limited rotation next week, but you can't use the AAs in limited anyway...

I'd say they're a fairly safe investment and an easy way to convert gold into plat with a very good rate.

israel.kendall
07-06-2015, 11:13 AM
Store AA are one of the best current investments in HEX. Specifically the most highly played ones, Bucc, Burn, and Murder. There is a chance that their value rises rapidly, especially if HEX decides to tell us the exact numbers that were produced.

N3rd4Christ
07-06-2015, 01:03 PM
Not to mention the best way to turn Gold to Plat

RCDv57
07-06-2015, 08:18 PM
Same here but i tagged burns too. Debating if I'll get the others or not during the bonus gold week.

If the original art for burn wasn't better than the AA I would have gotten those too.

zadies
07-06-2015, 08:53 PM
Are we actually certain that the unlocking of the aa for the 25k stardust isn't just going to unlock that art for burn anyway once they are taken out of the store?

I could see them making 3 arts for say the collector edition cards but for most other cards I don't see them making 3 arts for.

Aradon
07-06-2015, 09:01 PM
The 25K stardust will unlock full art for the alternate-art cards, not unlock alternate art from the regular version of the cards, if that's what you're suggesting.

Stardust doesn't unlock new art in any case, just extended art.

Fyren
07-06-2015, 09:50 PM
Stardust doesn't unlock new art in any case, just extended art.

It scrubs away the buildup on the borders of the art. It's Lime-a-Way for digital cards.

Khazrakh
07-07-2015, 12:21 AM
AAs are a safe bet and generally one of the best long term investements you can make. There are better ways to transform gold to plat right now, but AAs will almost always increase in value over time. Look at ASC/DSC/CBC or even the AA Baby Yeti - I sold one for almost 300p just yesterday. Since there is a fixed amount of them available and essentially fewer and fewer will be available over time because of accounts going inactive and collectors keeping playsets for themselves their worth can only go up.

KingGabriel
07-07-2015, 11:56 PM
I'd reiterate what I often say: be wary of advice you get trading-wise, people have agendas.

...or even the AA Baby Yeti - I sold one for almost 300p just yesterday.
Well yeah, it's the strongest set 1 card, why do you think I made the petition in the first place :P

N3rd4Christ
07-08-2015, 12:13 AM
I'd reiterate what I often say: be wary of advice you get trading-wise, people have agendas.

Well yeah, it's the strongest set 1 card, why do you think I made the petition in the first place :P

Down with the Yeti! It's Yetigeddon I tell ya!

RamzaBehoulve
07-08-2015, 07:35 AM
This is how I see it.

AA common are a sure, extremely long term bet. The chance you end up reselling them for less than 25k gold is extremely low as more time passes. On the very, very long term, they should up in value. The question is whether or not you'll find someone interested in a year or more. As they are removed from the store, they are not subject to the gold fluctuation.

On the other hand, while you are holding AAs, they are not gold anymore, thus you cannot use the gold invested in them when a good opportunity to use gold appears. And an obvious opportunity will appear soon.

People need to keep one thing in mind at all times though : the real Hex currency is Platinum and PvP, not gold and PvE. This is very important to remember as devs clearly showed they are willing to mess with the PvE aspect of the game at any time.