PDA

View Full Version : Extra Life Marathon 'Run'

Erebus
07-06-2015, 09:39 AM
Extra Life Marathon Run
Presented by The Unnamed Council

The Unnamed Council is proud to present the first ever Hex Marathon Run in support of Extra Life (http://www.extra-life.org) in conjunction with the Hex Charity Stream 2015 (http://www.twitch.tv/HEXTCG). This event is sponsored by Colin and possibly you, the Hex community!

What exactly is a Hex Marathon Run?
It's similar to any charity run, we have “runners” and “pledges”. However, the runs we're talking about will take place in the Arena. Instead of counting miles, we count gold earned. For every 1 Million Gold raised by our runners, Colin has agreed to give a generous donation to the Extra Life charity.

What happens to the gold we raise?
The Unnamed Council has chosen to donate all gold generated in this event to Colin. We believe that he has given so much to community, that it was an easy decision to make him the co-beneficiary of our efforts. This was decided before Colin offered to pledge to our Marathon. The man really has too much heart.

When is the event taking place?
The event will run in parallel with the Hex Charity Stream. The event will begin at 00:00 UTC on Thursday 9th of July and will continue the 4 days until 18:00 UTC on Sunday 12th of July. We'll have a final gold total at 19:00 UTC.

Four days? How much gold could we actually raise in four days?
The Unnamed Council did an internal event similar to this last month, and we raised 919,000 Gold with 26 players in only 3 days. With the help of the community we hope to easily exceed this number.

How can I help?
We're looking for Runners and Pledges. To be a runner all you need to do is send gold to Thegreybetween (ign: Greyhaven) one of the guild leaders of The Unnamed Council. While direct donations will be accepted, in the spirit of Extra Life, the Charity Stream and Marathon running, we'd prefer the donation come from Arena Runs performed during this time period. After we tally the gold collected it will be sent directly to Colin.

To pledge all you need to do is send Thegreybetween a message on this board with your pledge amount. We recommend a modest donation of $0.10 to $0.25(USD) per 100k gold raised. Feel free to include a maximum donation amount should this event exceed expectations (which is likely with this generous community). This donation can be made directly via infam0usne0 Charity Stream once the final gold numbers are released.

Why should I help?
This is a great way for people with limited financial resources to contribute to two great causes. The Extra Life Charity and rewarding Colin for his generosity. Due to Colin's ridiculous generosity, runners are more important then pledges. We need pledgers to help give the runners just a little bit more incentive to do just 'one' more run. Even if you only manage to fit in one run, that'll be plenty

Finally I'd like to thank FlyingMeatChip for proposing this event to our Guild. He is the initiator of this project and deserves credit.

If you have any questions or concerns feel free to contact me directly.

Thank you for your generosity,
The Unnamed Council

Erebus
07-06-2015, 09:42 AM
Reserved

wolzarg
07-06-2015, 09:45 AM
We are going to break the bank on this one and get colin a nice part of the way to rolling all those chests. I'm planing to bring in at least 100k on my own lets do it people. This is a good way to push the donation goal in general but especially if you like me aren't so well off. I made a donation of what i could spare this month and intended to push it a little extra with the gold to make it bigger by proxy.

Saeijou
07-06-2015, 10:01 AM
Nice idea! Maybe not the best time, 2 days before the store AA disappear :/

Fyren
07-06-2015, 10:05 AM

But while gold output is +50% and everyone isn't playing Set 3 drafts!

Erebus
07-06-2015, 10:12 AM
I've personally thought about this and I don't think it's a big deal. We got lucky in the planning stages in that they announced +50% gold in the Arena during our event. If you are grinding out Millions of gold anyways to buy your AA, why not toss 5-10% our way to help out a good cause. Colin's exchange rate is VERY generous.

wolzarg
07-06-2015, 10:15 AM
People will do what they can and none will blame them if they didn't do more. This is for colin and for charity its not asking you to break the bank simply asking you to give a little effort and hand over what you can spare.

I personally don't have all the AA but i will still be donating approximately 100k. This neither makes me better or worse than someone who donates only 20k and has all AA or 10million and have none.

Fred
07-06-2015, 11:50 AM

At this point, if you don't already have your playset of store AAs, you didn't really intend to get them...

hex_colin
07-06-2015, 11:59 AM
I'm helping because I see it as a way for folks who can't actually contribute cash to help out with the Charity Stream. I'm "buying" the Gold at a huge premium (especially since Chark is making it rain Gold this week) - just 1 arena run will result in more than $1 ($2 for DCs) going to Charity. It's a very worthwhile cause. :)

thegreybetween
07-06-2015, 12:21 PM
Once the event is live, I will be posting regular updates here in the forum to track contributions by donor. I will also be tracking our pledges and providing a breakdown of the total cash pledge per donor. That way, pledges can see at a glance how much they have on the line, and the entire accounting should be very transparent.

Once we hit our cutoff deadline, I'll be contacting pledges to confirm donations. Then I'll bundle up the gold haul and send it off to Colin in salute of his phenomenal support and extremely generous pledge. Then we can all bask in some communal warm fuzzies.

To reiterate the important bits:

All Gold donations should be sent in-game to my account (IGN = Greyhaven). Again, I'll be posting regular updates and keep everything extremely transparent.

All pledges of cash donations should be communicated directly to me, either via PM here or in-game (IGN = Greyhaven). Simply let me know how much cash you will meet per increment of gold and any relevant limits (Example: $0.25 per 100,000G to a maximum donation of $100). I'll update the tracker with your pledge and post the current amount of your expected donation with each update. Once the event concludes, I'll be following up with you to confirm your donation.

Feel free to PM me with any questions you have about the event, and let me know right away if you feel there is a discrepancy with the reported information after each update cycle.

Thanks to everyone who participates in this event! This is a fantastic way to turn your time running the arena into hard cash for charity. Our deepest thanks to Colin and our cash pledgers for making this event possible, and to all of you who take the time to help make this marathon a success.

Cheers!

FlyingMeatchip
07-06-2015, 01:23 PM
I'd like to publicly thank, Erubus of The Enigma, GreyHaven, Kurasa, Parzival, and Hammer of Alchemy for their input in shaping the direction of this event.

wolzarg
07-06-2015, 01:53 PM
That 50% is going to make this a whole lot easier on everyone to contribute more.

Saeijou
07-07-2015, 08:22 PM
how much are you guys expecting? you have a goal?

FlyingMeatchip
07-07-2015, 10:43 PM
During an in house Gold Rush event....our group raised close to 1 million in 3 days time. This is for charity and with the help of the community we as a group are expecting to exceed that 1 million gold previously reached.

funktion
07-07-2015, 11:28 PM
Gonna do my best to give you guys a few shout outs while I'm streaming for my charity slot. What you're doing here is really awesome and I hope you get as many to participate as possible.

thegreybetween
07-08-2015, 11:01 AM
I have just created the official tracking thread, which I will be updating regularly throughout the event. Check it out HERE (http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=44188)

Thanks to everyone for the support!

Erebus
07-08-2015, 05:03 PM
Get Ready

Get Set!

Go!

The Marathon has begun!

FlyingMeatchip
07-08-2015, 10:23 PM
Funktion! You are Awesome!

FlyingMeatchip
07-10-2015, 03:56 PM
Up to over 1 million....Woot!

Chocmaw
07-10-2015, 05:15 PM
I've been a member of TUC for about a year now and it's a fantastic group of people I count myself fortunate to be a part of. As a guild, I think we're best described as a bunch of people who've become friends over time, sharing experiences and a love for Hex. Big props to the guys who've initiated and shaped the event as well as some non-TUC'ers who are helping with the gold runs <3

I'd like to show my support and encouragement by pledging to match Colin's donation towards the marathon. It'd be awesome if you guys reading this pledged in any small way you can too.

Good luck guys, 2 more days to go and here's hoping we can smash the second million :)

Go TUC!

PS - someone go find Qarnij and wake him up from his hibernation. We need dat gold farming machine on full tilt!

thegreybetween
07-10-2015, 05:23 PM
Holy awesomesauce Chocmaw!

That is incredible. I'll add you to the pledges witht he next update.