PDA

View Full Version : Release Celebrate - July 17 - 20

Phenteo
07-06-2015, 03:52 PM
We've released more details about the Release Celebration!

https://www.hextcg.com/release-celebration-july-17-20/

I also updated the Friday Update with the newest information.

Incindium
07-06-2015, 04:32 PM
So the wording on Gauntlet implies we could prime a 4 win Gauntlet run before hand then as long as we get the 5th win during release celebration we would get a Duke?

I may have to do that.

Phenteo
07-06-2015, 04:54 PM
So the wording on Gauntlet implies we could prime a 4 win Gauntlet run before hand then as long as we get the 5th win during release celebration we would get a Duke?

I may have to do that.

I am not too sure, but they were pretty specific of the Gauntlet needing to be during the timeframe of the event. Therefore, I wouldn't bank too much on that.

N3rd4Christ
07-06-2015, 04:58 PM

I may have to do that.

Great catch.

parogui
07-06-2015, 05:00 PM

I may have to do that.

I don't think tht's going to work because you have to join the special queue and they won't be available until the Celebration starts

Audens
07-06-2015, 05:09 PM
So Duplicitous Duke AAs won't be available in constructed gauntlet/scheduled/8-man queue?

poizonous
07-06-2015, 05:16 PM
So Duplicitous Duke AAs won't be available in constructed gauntlet/scheduled/8-man queue?
Why would they release celebrations have never been aimed at constructed tournaments.

Incindium
07-06-2015, 05:23 PM
I don't think tht's going to work because you have to join the special queue and they won't be available until the Celebration starts

Hey good point. I forgot about them being special queues before. Oh well it was worth asking.

Mike411
07-06-2015, 05:49 PM

Correct. It's only what is specified in this article, you can ignore anything that you saw previous to this new article.

Audens
07-06-2015, 05:51 PM
Why would they release celebrations have never been aimed at constructed tournaments.

Not saying they should be, just making sure that they aren't. As I read the post, Brightmoon Brave AAs are available from constructed tournaments, so I thought it merited clarification.

RobHaven
07-06-2015, 11:38 PM
I could have sworn I read before that both finalists in an 8-man get the Duke. Is my memory faulty or was this changed?

Edit: Disregard. Just read the other thread.

Xenavire
07-07-2015, 01:49 AM
I could have sworn I read before that both finalists in an 8-man get the Duke. Is my memory faulty or was this changed?

It is a shame they decided not to do it, since I am fairly sure they could get around the technical issues. Time to be unnecessarily stressed again. RNG, be kind.

elfstone
07-07-2015, 02:19 AM
Xena if I get any extra I'll look at ye first :)

Xenavire
07-07-2015, 02:33 AM
Xena if I get any extra I'll look at ye first :)

Thanks, but I think I should manage. Non-stop drafting from the minute it goes live, I should be able to get 4 wins, and maybe a few hours sleep if I am lucky. :p

RNG does work against me a lot though, so who knows. :)

Graydeath
07-07-2015, 06:06 AM

it was changed.

The thing i'm not shure about is the number of win in gauntlet, was 5 from the begining?

N3rd4Christ
07-07-2015, 07:27 AM
it was changed.

The thing i'm not shure about is the number of win in gauntlet, was 5 from the begining?

They said 4 at first now it's 5. So 5-2 gets you AAs

ziggarius
07-07-2015, 07:38 AM
So, what's the verdict on the best chance to get these then? Gauntlet or sealed daily it sounds like? (During the set 2 release, I did primarily draft and got into the finals half dozen times only to lose and missed out, so I'd like to increase my odds if I can)

Audens
07-07-2015, 08:50 AM
So, what's the verdict on the best chance to get these then? Gauntlet or sealed daily it sounds like? (During the set 2 release, I did primarily draft and got into the finals half dozen times only to lose and missed out, so I'd like to increase my odds if I can)

I think if you look at AAs per plat/pack invested, it's a wash. About 25% of participants in sealed gauntlet and scheduled sealed will receive a Duplicitous Duke AA, compared to 12.5% of draft participants, but you can do two drafts for the cost of one sealed. Personally I would do as many scheduled sealeds as possible, since they have the best payout ratio in terms of packs.

Phenteo
07-07-2015, 11:43 AM
Not saying they should be, just making sure that they aren't. As I read the post, Brightmoon Brave AAs are available from constructed tournaments, so I thought it merited clarification.

None of the prizes are available in any constructed tournament.

noragar
07-07-2015, 12:31 PM

What happens to people who are in the middle of a gauntlet run when the special queues are turned off? Will they be transferred to regular gauntlets where they can continue their runs without the AA prizes or will they stay in the special queues until the number of possible opponents approaches zero and the last few players left just won't ever be able to get a matchup?

wurtil
07-07-2015, 01:01 PM
None of the prizes are available in any constructed tournament.

The announcement reads that way though (as did the original "original" announcement).

"The Brightmoon Brave AA will be available as a participation prize for all tournaments and Gauntlets except for the 2-person queue."

Phenteo
07-07-2015, 03:39 PM
The announcement reads that way though (as did the original "original" announcement).

"The Brightmoon Brave AA will be available as a participation prize for all tournaments and Gauntlets except for the 2-person queue."

Updated the announcement to make it less confusing. Thanks!