PDA

View Full Version : Last Set 1 Pack - Thanks Colin!

bwarner
07-08-2015, 06:17 AM
I'm a Kickstarter backer at a medium tier, so I had quite a few Set 1 packs but certainly not a full collection. I had saved a few for drafting, but I never really have time to sit down for a full tournament (really looking forward to Gauntlet!) In preparation for Set 3, I decided to do something with my last 5 packs. Actually, I now had 6, since I had gotten one from Colin in the Blackbelt contest.

I considered just selling the packs, but looking at the prices on the AH, I decided I might as well just open them. The first 5 went reasonably well. I never saw that red glow, but I did crack a Mirror Knight. Then it was down to the last pack. I popped it open and was greeted by some nice uncommons, Righteous Paladin and War Machinist. But it was the red glow that really caught my eye. Despite all my Kickstarter packs, I'd never managed to pick up any of the set's two premier cards. I clicked on the card, expecting to be greeted by another Kraken...

and said hello to my first Angel of Dawn. A great ending to my set 1 days, and hopefully a sign of things to come as set 3 begins. :D Thanks for that last pack Colin!

ziggarius
07-08-2015, 06:21 AM
Haha awesome story :) Grats on your AoD. Just a note, Mirror Knight as valuable as the card is, is actually a rare not a legendary.

bwarner
07-08-2015, 06:24 AM
I know, that's why I said that I didn't get any "red glow" in the first 5 packs.

ziggarius
07-08-2015, 06:24 AM
Ah, I understand what you mean now, thought it was in reference to the mirror knight specifically. My bad

RobHaven
07-08-2015, 06:59 AM
Congrats! Great pull from a great set. Hopefully there will be many more to come!!