PDA

View Full Version : New Article! Chest Opening! Extended Art Video!

LNQ
07-10-2015, 10:57 AM
Wahey! It's getting close, folks! A sneak preview of what's in a primal chest!!!

https://www.hextcg.com/hex-update-unlocking-chests/

Saeijou
07-10-2015, 11:17 AM
dammit... so many sleeves and AA and just available in primals and "rarely" in rares?
i give up... it's just too much to collect all the stuff... that makes me sad, but i just dont have the money for it...

i throw the towel... it's just diappointing... i sell my AA and live with normal cards then

havocattack
07-10-2015, 11:17 AM
Too many boners!

havocattack
07-10-2015, 11:20 AM
dammit... so many sleeves and AA and just available in primals and "rarely" in rares?
i give up... it's just too much to collect all the stuff... that makes me sad, but i just dont have the money for it...

i throw the towel... it's just diappointing... i sell my AA and live with normal cards then

Huh? don't have the money? It's free and there is no time limit...

I personally think I'll open most of my legendary chests now (without spinning), and in the future, when we have more gold faucets, I'll try get more primal chests for opening.

nicetodd
07-10-2015, 11:22 AM
I like the aa and exclusive content, there should just be more ways to acquire. Having only one way to acquire something makes it too rare in my opinion and makes collecting more expensive. +1 to toning down exclusivity a notch.

Also, didn't see any stardust from spins but was watching on tiny phone browser... Did I miss that?

Saeijou
07-10-2015, 11:24 AM

I personally think I'll open most of my legendary chests now (without spinning), and in the future, when we have more gold faucets, I'll try get more primal chests for opening.

well... you have a chance of legendarys, sure! but what is the chance of having the sleeves in it? (for example... you dont know how much AA are hidden)
and i doubt you will open the first primal with one sleeve, a second one for the second and a third one for the third...
if it would be that easy it wouldnt be a problem for me

but i cant roll 100 primals to get all of them... for that i definitly dont have the money!

but... my impression is negative here... I love the update as well and i'm super excited!
more for other people, since i currently dont see the point for stardust and stuff... but i take the gold selling mine ;)

havocattack
07-10-2015, 11:28 AM
I don't understand... these are FREE things that you have ALL the time in the world to get. Not only that, it's not like it effects gameplay at all (for sleeves, AA's)... and IT'S FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Saeijou
07-10-2015, 11:30 AM
I don't understand... these are FREE things that you have ALL the time in the world to get. Not only that, it's not like it effects gameplay at all ... and IT'S FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

i only have a limited number of chests :D

desk
07-10-2015, 11:30 AM
Cool update but was really hoping for the loot tables of all the chests.

Fred
07-10-2015, 11:32 AM

While opening the chest is free, obtaining said chest might not be. Apart from buying some from the AH for gold (even then, gold is not infinite), you need to open (and therefore potentially buy) a booster pack in order to get a chest.

And there is no time limit per se, there is a finite limit of available chests in the game. At some point in the future, set 1 packs will stop being printed, and at the same time, set 1 chests will stop being created. If some items are exclusive to chests from a specific set (and why wouldn't they be?), there is an informal time limit to getting those chests.

Saeijou
07-10-2015, 11:32 AM

i guess they wont to it... we have to figure it out on our own :)

havocattack
07-10-2015, 11:33 AM
i only have a limited number of chests :D

I'll be giving away plenty of chest goodies ;)

Saeijou
07-10-2015, 11:33 AM
I'll be giving away plenty of chest goodies ;)

haven't seenyou stream for a while :(

Grimshaw
07-10-2015, 11:34 AM
Also, didn't see any stardust from spins but was watching on tiny phone browser... Did I miss that?

Stardust is only awarded on Gold icon spins, which were not featured in the video.

chromus
07-10-2015, 11:35 AM
So far we know:
- Chests May contain Sleeves, AAs, Equipment, Stardust, Gold
- Primal Chest Exclusive: 3 different Sleeves
- Legendary & Primal Chest Exclusives: Legendary Equipment
- Common,Uncommon,Rare Chests have 1 Item per Chest. Legendary Chests have 2. Primal have 3.

What I'm curious about is whether Primal Chests have other exclusive drops - such as some AAs like Mastery of Time and Promo Dust.

shocker455
07-10-2015, 11:36 AM
As for sleeves, almost seemed like they talked about it as if it was a guarantee if u opened the high level chest. If so and there are 3 sleeves, that's one sleeve per set. Doesn't seem that hard to get a primal chest per set.

desk
07-10-2015, 11:38 AM
Someone more computer savvy then me should make a form where people can enter everything they get in chests so we can build drop rates and loot tables

havocattack
07-10-2015, 11:38 AM
haven't seen you stream for a while :(

Guess you missed me the few times I've had my stream up lately, or on the official channel every Saturday xD
Only 4 more days tho, then everyone will be streaming :D hypeeeee

Shaqattaq
07-10-2015, 11:39 AM
To be clear-- there are awesome things from chests in all rarities. It's not Primal or nothing, though we do try to make it worth upgrading your chests to legendary and primal with both more pulls (Primal gets 3, Legendary gets 2) and the items generally being of higher quality.

Grimshaw
07-10-2015, 11:41 AM
As for sleeves, almost seemed like they talked about it as if it was a guarantee if u opened the high level chest. If so and there are 3 sleeves, that's one sleeve per set. Doesn't seem that hard to get a primal chest per set.

Colin confirmed in the News & Announcements thread that it's 3 sleeves per set.

Shaq confirmed that the sleeves are not a guaranteed drop.

Having all 9 sleeves will be quite the achievement.

chromus
07-10-2015, 11:46 AM
To be clear-- there are awesome things from chests in all rarities. It's not Primal or nothing, though we do try to make it worth upgrading your chests to legendary and primal with both more pulls (Primal gets 3, Legendary gets 2) and the items generally being of higher quality.

Since you guys have already touched on exclusivity about Chest loot, can you confirm or deny whether some AA cards and possibly Promo/Leg Dust only drop from Primal Chests(or Primal + Legendary)?

thegreybetween
07-10-2015, 11:47 AM
Colin confirmed in the News & Announcements thread that it's 3 sleeves per set.

Shaq confirmed that the sleeves are not a guaranteed drop.

Having all 9 sleeves will be quite the achievement.

Thanks for the consolidated clarification. Good to know.

Shaqattaq
07-10-2015, 11:57 AM
Since you guys have already touched on exclusivity about Chest loot, can you confirm or deny whether some AA cards and possibly Promo/Leg Dust only drop from Primal Chests(or Primal + Legendary)?

If we're grouping tiers, every group has an example of exclusive loot. There's stuff that only drops in Common and/or Uncommon chests.

Yoss
07-10-2015, 12:02 PM
I cringe at the value loss...

Why not sell the spin chest and buy a (cheaper) spun chest?

Metronomy
07-10-2015, 12:11 PM
open questions:
Are only the sleeves primal exclusive or is there more ?
Can i get the same sleeve twice (hopefully not) ?

Overall..gold will rise in value cause it seems spinning at least all rare chests is profit. I am a bit diappointed with the extended art video. It didnt answer any of my questions (what about limited ? what about my opponent cards ? what about ea in matches ?).

Gwaer
07-10-2015, 12:16 PM
Can't get the same sleeve twice. Pretty sure that's universally true. In any random sleeve rewarding activity.

Xenavire
07-10-2015, 12:17 PM
open questions:
Are only the sleeves primal exclusive or is there more ?
Can i get the same sleeve twice (hopefully not) ?

Overall..gold will rise in value cause it seems spinning at least all rare chests is profit. I am a bit diappointed with the extended art video. It didnt answer any of my questions (what about limited ? what about my opponent cards ? what about ea in matches ?).

There is a handful of days before everything will be discovered first hand - I don't think it is vital for these things to be discussed right now, but it wouldn't hurt if someone decided it was a good topic. :p

Ertzi
07-10-2015, 12:17 PM
I'm surprisingly hyped about the Extended Art. I love that there are hidden stories in the cards. Goddamn, where can I get all that gold...

chromus
07-10-2015, 12:18 PM
Interesting. Then if I were to guess Chest Loot Tables, it might look like this:
- Common/Uncommon: 1. Little Gold 2. Common/Uncommon AA 3. Common/Uncommon Stardust 4. Common/Uncommon Equipment 5. Sleeve Specific to this tier
- Rare: 1. Medium Gold 2. Rare AA 3. Rare Stardust 4. Rare Equipment 5. Sleeve Specific to this tier
- Legendary (2 Drops): 1. High Gold 2. Rare AA 3. Legendary Stardust 4. Legendary Equipment 5.Sleeve Specific to this tier
- Primal (3 Drops). 1.Super High Gold 2. Rare/Legendary AA 3. Promo Stardust 4. Legendary Equipment 5. 3 Sleeves Specific to this tier.

This would give Chests at each rarity good value because each have "exclusives" in their own way. Smart.

dogmod
07-10-2015, 12:20 PM
Interesting. Then if I were to guess Chest Loot Tables, it might look like this:
- Common/Uncommon: 1. Little Gold 2. Common/Uncommon AA 3. Common/Uncommon Stardust 4. Common/Uncommon Equipment 5. Sleeve Specific to this tier
- Rare: 1. Medium Gold 2. Rare AA 3. Rare Stardust 4. Rare Equipment 5. Sleeve Specific to this tier
- Legendary (2 Drops): 1. High Gold 2. Rare AA 3. Legendary Stardust 4. Legendary Equipment 5.Sleeve Specific to this tier
- Primal (3 Drops). 1.Super High Gold 2. Rare/Legendary AA 3. Promo Stardust 4. Legendary Equipment 5. 3 Sleeves Specific to this tier.

This would give Chests at each rarity good value because each have "exclusives" in their own way. Smart.

Except they stated sleeves are only in primals... Lame

chromus
07-10-2015, 12:21 PM
No they said there are 3 specific sleeves that are exclusive to Primal Chests only (per Set).

dogmod
07-10-2015, 12:24 PM
No they said there are 3 specific sleeves that are exclusive to Primal Chests only (per Set).

Listen to around 4:07 in the video again. He speaks fast but sounds like "Of all the sleeves in the chest there are only the 3 sleeves and they only appear in the primal chests"

I would love to be wrong

dogmod
07-10-2015, 12:27 PM
http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=44209

I forgot it had already been confirmed that sleeves are only in primals... see post #4

chromus
07-10-2015, 12:31 PM
I listened to that part again. You may be right. He says "All the Sleeves in Chests, there's only the 3 Sleeves and they only appear in the Primal".

Saeijou
07-10-2015, 12:36 PM
Can't get the same sleeve twice. Pretty sure that's universally true. In any random sleeve rewarding activity.

i hope so! i hope if you roll and get an AA sleeves, the programm recignizes that and rolls again vor sleeves (not again in general)

Ertzi
07-10-2015, 12:47 PM
Primal chests are going to go for a premium on the AH... Not looking forward to buying those.

chromus
07-10-2015, 12:48 PM
He also says that the Brood Baron AA has a small chance to appear in Legendary Chests, much higher chance in Primal ones. Then I would revise my loot tables guess as:

- Common 1. Very Little Gold 2. Common/Uncommon AA(very small chance) 3. Common Stardust 4. Common Equipment (high Chance), Uncommon Equipment (small chance)
- Uncommon: 1. Little Gold 2. Common/Uncommon AA(small chance) 3. Uncommon Stardust 4. Common Equipment (small chance)/Uncommon Equipment (high chance)
- Rare: 1. Medium Gold 2. Common/Uncommon(high chance) 3. Rare Stardust 4. Uncommon Equipment(High Chance)Rare Equipment(Small chance)
- Legendary (2 Drops): 1. High Gold 2. Rare AA(small chance) 3. Legendary Stardust 4. Rare Equipment (high chance), Legendary Equipment(small Chance)
- Primal (3 Drops). 1.Super High Gold 2. Rare/Legendary AA (high chance) 3. Promo Stardust 4. Legendary Equipment(high chance) 5. One of the 3 Sleeves (small chance)

The Stardust distribution could also be more varied across rarities (Common chest: high chance common sdust, small chance uncommon sdust,etc).

How close am I Colin? ;)

Metronomy
07-10-2015, 12:57 PM
Was gold in chests confirmed ? Maybe I missed that..

On another note: Is there a legendary AA for Set 2 ? Set 1 has mastery of time. Kinda feels not right that there should be no premium AA for Set 2. I do have 9 primal chests for Set 2 but just 1 for Set 1.

katkillad
07-10-2015, 03:34 PM
Also curious where gold was confirmed to be inside chests. I mean it makes sense...but I've never seen anyone officially say that yet.

hammer
07-10-2015, 03:42 PM
gold in chests isn't confirmed, I m not even sure gold in chests make sense since chests are meant to be a gold sink, then again the wheels are the sink and they give small gold rewards. Tuesday will tell I guess...

shocker455
07-10-2015, 03:46 PM
Since common and un common chests only give 1 item, i dont think there is much of a need for them to give out gold with the large amount of equipment that needs to be released per set. If they do give out gold, i bet it will be a tiny amount, basically the worst thing you can open.

Svenn
07-10-2015, 05:03 PM
So wait... did I understand that correctly? There are 3 sleeves in the chests and only from Primal? Is it a guaranteed drop of a sleeve each time? After rolling about 600 chests and still not getting the last sleeves I need from Set 1 I'm going to be very upset if it takes me hundreds of Primal chests to get those sleeves...

Jonesy
07-10-2015, 05:09 PM
So wait... did I understand that correctly? There are 3 sleeves in the chests and only from Primal? Is it a guaranteed drop of a sleeve each time? After rolling about 600 chests and still not getting the last sleeves I need from Set 1 I'm going to be very upset if it takes me hundreds of Primal chests to get those sleeves...

Rolling <> Opening, most rolls give you nothing, every open gives you something.

Xenavire
07-10-2015, 05:13 PM

It most definitely should not take hundreds of primals, unless you are talking about dozens upon dozens of different sets... :p

Svenn
07-10-2015, 05:16 PM
Rolling <> Opening, most rolls give you nothing, every open gives you something.

This is a good point. That's definitely better. I'm just worried I'm going to get the same 2 sleeves over and over and never get the last sleeves or something.

It most definitely should not take hundreds of primals, unless you are talking about dozens upon dozens of different sets... :p

Unless I get unlucky with RNG and can't get the sleeves to pop out of the chest. ;)

Xenavire
07-10-2015, 05:18 PM
Unless I get unlucky with RNG and can't get the sleeves to pop out of the chest. ;)

RNG hits everyone at some point... I am still waiting on both sets of red icon sleeves from the wheels! :p

Jonesy
07-10-2015, 05:47 PM
I'm pretty sure once you get the sleeves they're removed from the loot table. I'd assume they coded this in the most generous way possible and didn't just turn that loot roll into a blank.

havocattack
07-10-2015, 06:03 PM
It was mentioned during charity stream that once you have a sleeve, you wont get it again. Not only that, you will still get 3 items from a primal even after you have all the sleeves.

Svenn
07-10-2015, 06:07 PM
It was mentioned during charity stream that once you have a sleeve, you wont get it again. Not only that, you will still get 3 items from a primal even after you have all the sleeves.

What I want to know is if the sleeves are RNG based or you are guaranteed sleeves (until you get them all). Primal chests are not easy to get...

katkillad
07-10-2015, 06:12 PM
You are not guaranteed a sleeve in each primal chest per the news & announcement thread.

RamzaBehoulve
07-11-2015, 08:17 AM

You do realize you are not supposed to get everything at release, right? It's a very long term goal to get everything.

wolzarg
07-11-2015, 12:55 PM
Sincerely hope sleeves have a high drop rate and that the video wasnt rigged.

Rapkannibale
07-12-2015, 01:10 AM

Me (and a couple of others hopefully) will be documenting what we get in the chests and sharing the results. I personally find this community discovery more exciting than if they had just given us all the info. :)

Fyren
07-12-2015, 01:36 AM
Me (and a couple of others hopefully) will be documenting what we get in the chests and sharing the results. I personally find this community discovery more exciting than if they had just given us all the info. :)

Count me in for the data gathering, I'll be tracking it come Tuesday; Over 500 chests in my inventory I'll be popping! :3

Edswor
07-12-2015, 02:28 AM
CZE should add this to the API so we can track automatically this info ;) .

elfstone
07-12-2015, 02:47 AM
Ditto on tracking info, I have somewhere between 600-800 spun chests to play with :D

Metronomy
07-12-2015, 05:10 AM
they should have given more infos about primals and legendary chest contents...primals are realy rare...so it will be hard figuring out how likely a sleeve realy is...that makes it very hard to evaluate the plat price for a primal chest