PDA

View Full Version : Could We Get Previously Rolled Sleeves?

Rapierian
07-10-2015, 11:46 AM
Earlier on, there was a bug for a while with the chest rolling where players could only get the sleeve they already received, if they got the results for a new sleeve. If you guys can go through the history of rolls to determine the amount of stardust players should have received, can you go through and give those of us affected by that previous bug the sleeves we would have won?

KingGabriel
07-11-2015, 03:19 AM
Earlier on, there was a bug for a while with the chest rolling where players could only get the sleeve they already received, if they got the results for a new sleeve. If you guys can go through the history of rolls to determine the amount of stardust players should have received, can you go through and give those of us affected by that previous bug the sleeves we would have won?

Wasn't that about... a year ago...?

Voormas
07-11-2015, 03:45 AM
We don't get a different sleeve reward if we would have gotten a duplicate sleeve result - or at least we don't know that we do; from what I understood it just silently re-rolled in the background

KingGabriel
07-11-2015, 04:03 AM
We don't get a different sleeve reward if we would have gotten a duplicate sleeve result - or at least we don't know that we do; from what I understood it just silently re-rolled in the background

I think he's talking about a bug from a year or longer ago, which is very weird imo.

Kami
07-11-2015, 05:27 AM
I've been refraining from spinning partially due to this reason where you can get duplicate sleeve rewards. It was never clarified that it was fixed or not (or I missed it).

Xenavire
07-11-2015, 05:33 AM
I've been refraining from spinning partially due to this reason where you can get duplicate sleeve rewards. It was never clarified that it was fixed or not (or I missed it).

Definitely fixed, loooong ago. It is more than safe to roll now (and even if it bugged out again, I am sure you could get DataDragons attention so he can fix it.)

YourOpponent
07-11-2015, 03:35 PM

Yeah I think that was fixed a few months after that bug was first noticed...so it was most certainly a long long time ago in a galaxy far far away.

Stormlight
07-11-2015, 04:46 PM
The bug was a very long time ago, but I understand why the OP is bringing it up now... With the recent verification that they have records of every roll that we've made, it would be (very!) nice to get any sleeves that we rolled but never received.

I'm saying this with some obvious bias since I rolled triple red mushrooms on my (by my records) 18th and 110th rolls before I knew about the bug (which gave me the common sleeves instead). So I too am curious if they have records that I rolled the triple red mushrooms or if the bug actually caused them to record my roll as the common sleeves.

And I didn't think of it until writing this reply, but if they do have a record that I rolled the uncommon sleeves, I'm curious if the fix to make sure that you never roll sleeves that you've already received would unintentionally make it so that I can NEVER roll the uncommon sleeves (even though I never actually received them)...

KingGabriel
07-12-2015, 03:37 PM
The bug was a very long time ago, but I understand why the OP is bringing it up now... With the recent verification that they have records of every roll that we've made, it would be (very!) nice to get any sleeves that we rolled but never received.

I'm saying this with some obvious bias since I rolled triple red mushrooms on my (by my records) 18th and 110th rolls before I knew about the bug (which gave me the common sleeves instead). So I too am curious if they have records that I rolled the triple red mushrooms or if the bug actually caused them to record my roll as the common sleeves.

And I didn't think of it until writing this reply, but if they do have a record that I rolled the uncommon sleeves, I'm curious if the fix to make sure that you never roll sleeves that you've already received would unintentionally make it so that I can NEVER roll the uncommon sleeves (even though I never actually received them)...

Triple red is the rarer roll, so it isn't too unusual you haven't got it again.

Svenn
07-13-2015, 07:45 AM

Hrm, I wonder if that's why I haven't seen the gold sleeves for Set 1 yet. I rolled a bunch early on, and then several hundred after that bug was fixed. I wasn't tracking my results. I wonder if it just checks that you've ever had that result before or if it looks for the sleeve flag or what. That would be a particularly nasty bug that's easy to slip through the cracks...

KingGabriel
07-13-2015, 09:31 AM
Hrm, I wonder if that's why I haven't seen the gold sleeves for Set 1 yet. I rolled a bunch early on, and then several hundred after that bug was fixed. I wasn't tracking my results. I wonder if it just checks that you've ever had that result before or if it looks for the sleeve flag or what. That would be a particularly nasty bug that's easy to slip through the cracks...
Nope, I had the bug happen then got the sleeves later.

Rapierian
07-15-2015, 01:37 PM
I am talking about a bug from a long time ago - but I'm bringing it up because they just confirmed that they have all of the records of all the rolls, and I rolled extensively on chests while it was occurring - chests that I don't have the opportunity to roll on again. At the time they fixed the original bug, they only stopped it from re-occurring, they didn't give players their missed rewards

thegreybetween
07-16-2015, 11:07 AM
I got lucky and rolled 3x Red sleeves first while the bug was active. Shortly thereafter, I rolled 3x White sleeves but was awarded a dupe set of AAVG sleeves from the original bug. I actually submitted a support ticket, and they awarded me the AAWA sleeve directly though support. I then stopped rolling chests until word of the fix came in, and got my 3x Gold sleeves later.

Answer from: Vian 2014-06-06 09:31:16

Hello Greyhaven,

Thank you for contacting HEX Customer Support. We're very sorry for the delay in this issue, with the most latest past we've encountered some problems that increased our answering time. We apologise for this but I'm happy to inform you that we have now solved this issue for you. The correct Sleeve due to the WoF bug has now been granted to you in this situation.

If you require any further assistance, or have any other questions, please do not hesitate to contact me again.

Best regards,
Vian
HEX Support Team

I guess my point is that if you did roll a sleeve on the wheels that you never received because of the bug, then I can definitely certify that support was handling this issue via support tickets. Therefore, if you could prove you also had this problem, then you would have reasonable grounds to submit a ticket as well.

I'm sure DataDragon could probably assist you in that regard, but I'm sure he also has about a billion other things to do than to mine old spin logs. The best course of action, in general, is to submit a ticket as soon as you know that you've been affected by a bug. Support for this game has always been top-notch.

Anyway, do with this as you will. I just wanted to show that support was responsive to the issue, and therefore would likely remain so, provided that you had some proof that you were affected. And also, in spite of HXE's brilliant efforts to hold themselves accountable and provide compensation where it is due, we should be doing our part to avoid putting the burden of proof onto DataDragon and the team. At some point, we need to cut a loss, recognize that a ship has sailed, and just keep on rolling (my ticket is over a year old now).

In any event: Good luck getting dem sleeves :)

Svenn
07-16-2015, 11:31 AM
Hrm, I have no idea if I actually rolled this or not. I just rolled up a ton of chests before the fix without paying too close attention to what each result should have been. I put in a support ticket to see if they could look and see for me, though.

ghulzen
07-16-2015, 11:58 AM
I wish they would change their mind and make sleeves trade-able so people would stop complaining about not having sleeves.

pjvedder
07-16-2015, 12:06 PM
I wish they would change their mind and make sleeves trade-able so people would stop complaining about not having sleeves.

I don't know... complaining aside, I think Cory and the team (and probably a lot of other people as well) view Sleeves as an accomplishment or status symbol or whatever. If you can trade them, that goes away. If you can start trading sleeves, then what about sleeves you get in other places, like the Uruunaz Arena sleeves. You're going to end up having people showing them off that didn't exactly "earn" them.

Of course, I'm sure you can limit the tradability of only certain sleeves, but still... I think they should all remain account-bound.

wolzarg
07-16-2015, 02:19 PM
No make them tradable i want to be a producer even if only in sleeve form. :P Those last two tiers got some lovely sleeves is all I'm saying.

Xenavire
07-16-2015, 02:24 PM
No make them tradable i want to be a producer even if only in sleeve form. :P Those last two tiers got some lovely sleeves is all I'm saying.

If a producer ever gave up their sleeves, I doubt most people could afford the asking price. :p

Stormlight
07-16-2015, 03:18 PM
Nope, I had the bug happen then got the sleeves later.

This doesn't necessarily mean that it's possible to get the sleeves now, because after the first bug was fixed (the one that kept you from getting more than one kind of sleeve) it was then possible to get any sleeve AND possible to get duplicates. The question is if it's still possible to get a sleeve you rolled but didn't get after it became impossible to get duplicates.

So unless you know that you had the bug happen and got the sleeves after it also became impossible to get duplicates...

But it's good to hear that it might be possible to get the sleeves with a support ticket, so I'll see if that works.

thegreybetween
07-16-2015, 03:45 PM
That is a very valid point, illustrated best via example:

- You roll 3x White mushrooms and get the AAWA sleeve
- Later, you roll 3x Red mushrooms. The original WoF bug is in effect, so you instead get a dupe AAWA sleeve. You never submit a ticket.
- That bug gets fixed, but you never roll any more chests because you are waiting until they lock out dupe sleeves.
- They lock out dupe sleeves. You return to rolling, but never see 3x Red mushrooms.

Then the question is: Do you not see the results because of bad RNG luck, or do you not see them because the system thinks you already have 3x Red mushrooms because you rolled it back under the original bug?

I could see someone spinning a thousand chests to get a set of sleeves and never get it. But it would be even more maddening to discover that the only reason you never get them is because the system thinks you already have them and skips a "dupe" result.

Showsni
07-16-2015, 05:25 PM
Hm. I've had triple white mushroom four times with set 1 spins (only got the sleeves the first time), but I don't think I've ever rolled triple gold or red set 1 mushrooms in my 1003 spins. So I guess the bug wouldn't apply to me? (In set 2 I've had triple white mushroom and triple gold mushroom and got sleeves from each).

Svenn
07-20-2015, 06:10 AM
Woohoo!

Hello Svenn,

Thank you for contacting HEX Customer Support and I'm sorry about the delay. We've now been able to go over the history of your account and confirm your win here. As there is no sleeve on your account for this win, it has now been granted to your account.

I recommend anyone who thinks they might have rolled the sleeves back when it was bugged send a message over to support. It takes them a few days to look into your account but if you did roll it you'll get them.

ziggarius
07-20-2015, 07:58 AM
Woohoo!

I recommend anyone who thinks they might have rolled the sleeves back when it was bugged send a message over to support. It takes them a few days to look into your account but if you did roll it you'll get them.

Was this bug active during set 2 at all by chance? It might explain why I haven't seen more than one of the set 2 sleeves...

hex_colin
07-20-2015, 08:02 AM
Was this bug active during set 2 at all by chance? It might explain why I haven't seen more than one of the set 2 sleeves...

No, it was only very early in Set 1.

ziggarius
07-20-2015, 08:20 AM
No, it was only very early in Set 1.

Well, there goes that theory haha. Least this way I don't waste time bugging support, I got all three set 1 sleeves already :)

Stormlight
07-20-2015, 08:34 AM
I want to echo Svenn here and tell the OP (and anyone else this might have happened to) that, yes, it is possible to get previously rolled sleeves! This thread also inspired me to send in a support ticket, and I just received my missing sleeves today. Many thanks to Hex for keeping detailed records!

Rapierian
07-20-2015, 12:01 PM
Woohoo!

That's good to know, I'll do that.

AstaSyneri
08-09-2015, 09:17 AM
I vaguely remember that I had problems with that as well - I am still missing the Veteran Gladiator Sleeve. Sent a message to support...

Kramer
08-09-2015, 04:51 PM
In Set 1 early spinning I got 3 mushrooms at least 3 times but only received the Windborne Acolyte sleeves all of those times. Since then I have rolled more Set 1 then Set 2 and 3 combined yet I got all 3 WoF in Set 2 and all 3 WoF Set 3 sleeves which leads me to believe that my account is locked for getting Set 1 sleeves because it believes I already have them but I do not. It could be a case of RNG luck but I sincerely doubt that since my luck generally is not good as I have done more than my fair share of Arena runs without ever facing Urunaaz.

I asked Phenteo to have an engineer look into my account awhile back but with all of the stuff going on with the Set 3 launch and Gencon and Gamescon, I have held off asking again for him to have an engineer look into it although he thinks my account is still able to spin 3 mushrooms in Set 1. I really should just be given the remaining 2 sleeves, but as I stated, if I am able and I need to, I will spin my 500+ chests to get them. But, before I waste gold spinning, I am waiting for engineering to get back to me. I know I have spun 3 mushrooms in Set 1 at least 3 times but if I have to spin more to get the missing Veteran Gladiator and Wrathwood Colossus sleeves due to the bug, I will spin them all eventually but I truly believe the system locked me out since it thinks I have all 3 sleeves when in reality I just have one and I rolled at least 3 mushroooms 3 times in Set 1.

DataDragon
08-11-2015, 07:38 PM
Greetings, data collections.
I just applied a retroactive wof sleeve grant to everyone that rolled one of the wof sleeves and did not get it.
This was a long time coming, involving a lot of scripting and investigation, so my apologies for the slow response both here and in the support system.
I am having support close all existing wof sleeve tickets now, so if you still feel you are missing sleeves, you should create a new ticket.
I would be very surprised if anyone was missed.
Enjoy your sleeves.

Mejis
08-11-2015, 08:05 PM
Greetings, data collections.
I just applied a retroactive wof sleeve grant to everyone that rolled one of the wof sleeves and did not get it.
This was a long time coming, involving a lot of scripting and investigation, so my apologies for the slow response both here and in the support system.
I am having support close all existing wof sleeve tickets now, so if you still feel you are missing sleeves, you should create a new ticket.
I would be very surprised if anyone was missed.
Enjoy your sleeves.

Amazing stuff DataDragon.
I would have loved to have seen some of this scripting/investigation in action! ;)

DataDragon
08-11-2015, 08:19 PM
It's not as exciting as it (doesn't) sound(s).

It was a lot of:

1. Grab account from support ticket.
2. Verify successful roll.
3. Verify sleeve is not in account.
4. Grant missing sleeves.
5. Repeat as more reports come in from support.
6. Detect pattern.
7. Find all successful sleeve rolls.
8. Find all accounts with sleeves.
9. Cross reference accounts with successful rolls that do not show up in list with accounts with sleeves.
10. Grant sleeves to those accounts.
11. Verify further accounts on support list received missing sleeves as a result of this grant.
12. Profit?

This is all happening during the set 3 launch, convention season, and kickstarter reward granting, and life in general. :>

Mejis
08-11-2015, 08:29 PM
It's not as exciting as it (doesn't) sound(s).

It was a lot of:

1. Grab account from support ticket.
2. Verify successful roll.
3. Verify sleeve is not in account.
4. Grant missing sleeves.
5. Repeat as more reports come in from support.
6. Detect pattern.
7. Find all successful sleeve rolls.
8. Find all accounts with sleeves.
9. Cross reference accounts with successful rolls that do not show up in list with accounts with sleeves.
10. Grant sleeves to those accounts.
11. Verify further accounts on support list received missing sleeves as a result of this grant.
12. Profit?

This is all happening during the set 3 launch, convention season, and kickstarter reward granting, and life in general. :>

You're a superstar, I'm sure that was laborious to say the least.

Thoom
08-11-2015, 09:03 PM
Might've been a bug in the sleeve granting script. I'm seeing a whole lot of reports in twitch chat about people with unearned sleeves showing up in the past hour or so.

In my case, the Rot Cast sleeves just appeared on my account and I'm 95% sure I haven't actually won them from a roll.

Fyren
08-11-2015, 09:07 PM
Might've been a bug in the sleeve granting script. I'm seeing a whole lot of reports in twitch chat about people with unearned sleeves showing up in the past hour or so.

In my case, the Rot Cast sleeves just appeared on my account and I'm 95% sure I haven't actually won them from a roll.

Likewise. The script seems to have given me Rot Cast as well. Others are reporting Brown Fox showed up for free.

Granted, it'd save me from having to use Cory's Birthday sleeves in my horrific blood/spider decks, but I don't recall rolling these or putting in the ticket. o.o;

zadies
08-11-2015, 11:24 PM
I think the script gave set 3 sleeves for missing set 1 and set 2 sleeves.

DataDragon
08-11-2015, 11:49 PM
Unless you didn't ever roll a chest, it should be correct.
We have every roll ever done recorded and linked to your account.
That roll is linked to an item, in this case a sleeve.
If it was recorded, it happened.

Fyren
08-11-2015, 11:52 PM
Unless you didn't ever roll a chest, it should be correct.
We have every roll ever done recorded and linked to your account.
That roll is linked to an item, in this case a sleeve.
If it was recorded, it happened.

Then in that case, thanks for the Rot Cast sleeves! ^.^

wolzarg
08-11-2015, 11:56 PM
I never got brown fox AA sleeve previously now i have it. I did spin 600k gold on set 3 without seeing it tho so i was actually cranky about that. If this simply fixed some kind of bug happy me. But if you revert it i have a recipy for blue dragonscale coats ready to use!

Awesome as always data dragon i will send you plenty of end of year reports to munch on come Christmas.

szimek
08-12-2015, 12:02 AM
Great news! and also i got 1 set3 booster pack from support for waiting for their replay on my ticket! Best support and Dragon ever ! :D - looking at you DataDragon ;]

Parzival
08-12-2015, 12:47 AM
Thanks DD you da dragon :cool:

I had rolled a whole bunch of set 3 sleeves and only acquired Ashwood Soloist so was really happy to see Brown Scout Fox in my account :D

Thoom
08-12-2015, 12:56 AM
Well then, cheers!

Ertzi
08-12-2015, 02:44 AM
Rot Cast sleeves detected ^^

wolzarg
08-12-2015, 03:40 AM
Now if only i could get all those slaughtergear's and AA cards i haven't seemed to get in 600k gold of spins that would be nice. I mean that is 99.99% probability to just be kismet being kismet but i still want them :P

majin
08-12-2015, 04:01 AM
so this is why I can see the new sleeves on my account :)

edit: thanks DD these new sleeves looks awesome https://gyazo.com/c5c071f7d52bf4542981333459cf5df1

Xenavire
08-12-2015, 05:03 AM
Well, I got Ashwood Soloist sleeves granted (I am absolutely positive I haven't rolled that result, because I was shocked to roll not only one, but both of the rare sleeves before the common sleeve, after which I promptly stopped rolling and haven't rolled again since.)

And I knew I wasn't crazy, I still haven't got either red roll sleeve from set 1 or 2. Now I just need to figure out how to get them...

Mejis
08-12-2015, 05:33 AM
Whoop. Got my ashwood soloist and brown Fox scout sleeves. wasn't entirely sure I'd rolled them, but much appreciated.

Reckless
08-12-2015, 06:45 AM
now ive got every rollable sleeves but Veteran Gladiator ;___;

Vorpal
08-12-2015, 06:46 AM
Veteran Gladiator sleeves and Xorak Flamehand are like the bigfoot of set 1 for me.

AstaSyneri
08-12-2015, 06:50 AM
Gift horses and all, but I don't think I earned the Set 3 WoF sleeves Brown Fox Scout and Rot Cast Sleeve. I had put in a ticket, because there was a good chance that I had missed the Set 1 Veteran Gladiator sleeve, but instead of that those two sleeves are appeared.

I am happy with it - there are still plenty of Set 1 chests to roll, but it doesn't look like this is the right result...

Khazrakh
08-12-2015, 07:01 AM
There seems to be a mistake for me as well - I was granted all 3 Set 3 sleeves although I didn't roll a single Set 3 chest so far.
Should I open a support ticket @DataDragon?

Superjuice
08-12-2015, 07:09 AM
Can confirm, new shiny sleeves that I did not roll (rot cast and brown fox). I'll trade them for Veteran Gladiator sleeves if I must :D

pjvedder
08-12-2015, 07:53 AM
Ditto here. I got Ashwood Soloist when it probably should have been something from Set 1. I rolled a few Set 3 chests, but this would have been my first Set 3 sleeve. Again... happy I got it and I'm not complaining. Just think it may have been an error.

majin
08-12-2015, 11:25 AM
i think everyone was awarded set 3 sleeves instead of set 1 because I also expected set 1 sleeves and not set 3

AstaSyneri
08-12-2015, 11:47 AM
It looks like that is the common theme here, yes: Check for missing Set 1 sleeves and then award all missing Set 3 sleeves.

Incindium
08-12-2015, 12:00 PM
I actually had all the Set 1 sleeves already and I also received the Rot Cast and Brown Fox sleeves which I had not to my knowledge rolled yet.

Kramer
08-12-2015, 12:20 PM
I was expecting Veteran Gladiator and Wrathwood Colossus but I received no sleeves at all. That may be because I already rolled all 3 sleeves for Set 2 and Set 3.

Aradon
08-12-2015, 12:22 PM
I got Brown Fox sleeves. Didn't think I had any bugs, but can't confirm. I do know I do not have gladiator sleeves, despite many rolls. Can't say if I had a bug on those.

vulture27
08-12-2015, 12:28 PM
Was pretty sure I was missing the Wrathwood sleeves after 700+ set 1 rolls. Log in and now have the Rot Cast sleeves that I'm confident I have not rolled for. So basically the same bug everyone else is seeing.

DataDragon
08-12-2015, 12:53 PM
It is possible that the sleeves rewarded by that WoF result were changed when we changed sets.
My scripts went off of current information, so it is quite possible.
I'll discuss internally to see what needs to be done.

Xexist
08-12-2015, 01:02 PM
It is possible that the sleeves rewarded by that WoF result were changed when we changed sets.

I have both sleeves too that I might have rolled (but pretty sure I didnt) for set 3.

Would be very surprised if I wasnt missing some set 1 sleeves though because I rolled those the most.

(And I have all set 2 sleeves for sure as well)

Xenavire
08-12-2015, 01:36 PM

Just putting it out there, I have no problem with my Ashwood Soloist sleeve being taken back, as long as you don't create a bugged interaction that prevents me ever rolling it. :)

Chocmaw
08-12-2015, 02:09 PM
Chill folks. DataDragon's just showing off his deep Sleevage. All will be zipped up and back to normal soon.

ksetrat
08-12-2015, 02:41 PM
I'm still confused as to why the 1st bday sleeves never hit my account. but, it seems i'll have to check my sleeves when i get home. should be an interesting find regardless!

Thanks for all the help with everything you do DataDragon. You are a hero to us all! Make yer own PVE card... just plz do not be a boss. I would much rather have you be on our side in game and out of it.

DataDragon
08-12-2015, 04:38 PM
Alright, we got things figured out.
I have granted the remaining missing set 1 sleeves to those that didn't get them.
The bug existed until December 9th 2014, so any rolls after that date were getting things as normal.

After some discussions with Kismet and Chark, it was decided that if you got Set 3 sleeves, you can keep them. Kismet was feeling generous, perhaps.
If you have ever worked closely with Kismet, you can understand it is a bit of chaos.

I did some verification after the set 1 sleeve grants, and no one on the thread here was still missing a sleeve if they rolled correctly before Dec 9th.
We will also be taking steps in the future to ensure the data being given to me is what I need.

Enjoy your sleeves.

ryuukan
08-12-2015, 04:53 PM
can I trade all of the sleeves for primals

DataDragon
08-12-2015, 05:55 PM
You want me to feed your sleeves to the primals? I'm not sure if they enjoy those as a snack, but I can ask.

Miyordon
08-12-2015, 06:01 PM
I ended up with Ashwood Soloist Sleeves. Maybe I missed those? But, I would have thought I had the Veteran Gladiator sleeves "owed" to me, as I once provided video evidence of Rolling the Wrathwood sleeves three or four times in one sitting.

Xenavire
08-12-2015, 06:10 PM
Well, I got free Ashwood Soloist sleeves then, but my hunt for Veteran Gladiator and Scraptech Brawler sleeves continues!

DataDragon
08-12-2015, 06:44 PM
Miyordon: I see plenty of other won sleeves on this account, but I see no successful rolls for the Veteran Gladiator sleeves in your history. You do have Wrathwood already.

Miyordon
08-12-2015, 07:15 PM
Huh. Fair enough data master. Time to go throw a few hundred thousand gold at some chests.

Selanius
08-12-2015, 07:20 PM
Scraptech Brawler Sleeves and Wrathwood Colossus Sleeves still allude me, I don't believe I rolled them, but its been so long I don't remember!

WWKnight
08-12-2015, 10:58 PM
I just need the scraptech too. Other than the ones IN the chests...

Does the level of rarity of the chest matter on the sleeves? Or just any chest will work?

DataDragon
08-12-2015, 11:06 PM
Each set of chest has a chance at 1 of 3 sleeves.
Right now, there are 9 sleeves you can get.
Each Set chest will only roll on the 3 sleeves of that set.

hammer
08-12-2015, 11:56 PM
I just need the scraptech too. Other than the ones IN the chests...

Does the level of rarity of the chest matter on the sleeves? Or just any chest will work?
You only get sleeves IN chests from Primal Chests.

WWKnight
08-13-2015, 06:10 AM
So, we got Scraptech, Sorceress and that charge bot guy in set 2.

Is the charge bot linked to rolling uncommon sleeves, sorceress rare and scraptech legendary? Or is any chest capable of rolling any sleeve?

Flairina
08-13-2015, 06:14 AM
So, we got Scraptech, Sorceress and that charge bot guy in set 2.

Is the charge bot linked to rolling uncommon sleeves, sorceress rare and scraptech legendary? Or is any chest capable of rolling any sleeve?

Any chest can roll any sleeve, so far as I'm aware. Bot is common, Scraptech is uncommon, Azurefate is rare- though, bizarrely, rare seems to be more common than uncommon, somehow.

Svenn
08-13-2015, 06:37 AM
Alright, we got things figured out.
I have granted the remaining missing set 1 sleeves to those that didn't get them.
The bug existed until December 9th 2014, so any rolls after that date were getting things as normal.

After some discussions with Kismet and Chark, it was decided that if you got Set 3 sleeves, you can keep them. Kismet was feeling generous, perhaps.
If you have ever worked closely with Kismet, you can understand it is a bit of chaos.

I did some verification after the set 1 sleeve grants, and no one on the thread here was still missing a sleeve if they rolled correctly before Dec 9th.
We will also be taking steps in the future to ensure the data being given to me is what I need.

Enjoy your sleeves.
So, we get to keep these extra sleeves? Woohoo! I don't have to stress over rolling chests for Set 3 now!

Khazrakh
08-13-2015, 06:56 AM
So, we get to keep these extra sleeves? Woohoo! I don't have to stress over rolling chests for Set 3 now!

Aye this will result in me not rolling a single chest from Set 3 tbh, it's cheaper to just buy a playset of everything else ;)

dogmod
08-13-2015, 11:36 AM
Kismet is generous and wise indeed

Kramer
08-13-2015, 12:54 PM
I truly believed I was entited to both Veteran Gladiator and Wrathwood Colossus sleeves from Set 1 because I rolled 3 white mushrooms more than 3 times while the bug was going on but the white one just gets me Windborne Acolyte multiple times, while assuming they should have rolled over to the better sleeves. However, my understanding now is that I needed to roll 3 gold and 3 red mushrooms to get the missing sleeves I needed thus the error was mine. I decided to write this since others may be as confused as myself as to why they did not get sleeves they believe they should have.

thegreybetween
08-13-2015, 02:58 PM
Yeah, Kramer is correct. Here's a little more detail. the original bug was this:

You roll 3x Mushrooms of a particular color, and you get that sleeve (white = WA, red = VG, gold = WC). After that, you will only win duplicate copies of the same sleeve, regardless of the actual colors that you just spun.

Example: You spin 3x red Mushrooms and get Veteran Gladiator sleeves. Later, you roll 3x white Mushrooms and you get another Veteran Gladiator sleeve, even though you should have received a Windborne Acolyte sleeve.

So the original bug was fixed to allow the WoF to reward the proper sleeve per your color, but you could still hit that same result after you already got the sleeve and it was effectively a "dead" roll. This was ultimately corrected so that you were unable to roll a sleeve that you already rolled.

The particular issue that this thread addresses is for a fringe case: You were affected if (A) you rolled a sleeve and then rolled another sleeve that you were never awarded because of the original bug, AND (B) you never rolled the missing sleeve again before the system disallowed duplicate sleeve results. Basically, if you rolled VG sleeves that you never got because of the first bug, but the system *thought* you already had them and therefore wouldn't let you roll them again, then you qualified for this fix.

TL;DR: To qualify for a reimbursement sleeve, you actually needed to roll the proper result (3x red for VG, for example) and not get the sleeve. The bug didn't make all subsequent rolls the same color; it gave the reward of your first spin to all subsequent rolls regardless of the color. So rolling 3x white Mushrooms 100 times doesn't mean you were hit by the bug if you never also rolled 3x Mushrooms of another color.

Xexist
08-13-2015, 03:09 PM
Datadragon can Asimov be checked to ensure he didnt ever roll for colossos or veteran gladtiator?

I have all set 2 sleeves, and I rolled far far more set 1 chests, so its not impossible that it is correct, I am just... surprised.

Zophie
08-13-2015, 03:17 PM
I hate to be a bother but I guess it'd be nice if you could also check if I rolled wrathwood colossus sleeves. I don't remember far back enough to know if I rolled twice on sleeves but it'd give me some peace of mind if you could double check. IGN Zophie. Thanks DD :)

edit: just wrathwood, not scraptech

thegreybetween
08-13-2015, 03:25 PM
@ Zophie - There is no way that Scraptech sleeves would be affected by this issue. The original bug was corrected long before Set 2 dropped, and the inability to roll duplicate sleeves wouldn't trigger a problem unless you were affected by the original bug (ie rolled a sleeve that you were never properly rewarded).

Wrathwood sleeves could certainly have been affected, but there should be no reason a non-Set 1 sleeve triggers this fix.

Zophie
08-13-2015, 03:34 PM
@ Zophie - There is no way that Scraptech sleeves would be affected by this issue.

Oh yeah forgot that was Set 2, good call, thanks - I was mostly just asking because I just remember a time I sunk a bunch of gold into spinning and wasn't paying attention very closely to what I was winning/not-winning :)