PDA

View Full Version : New application: Draft Analyzer (Beta)

Ariathor
07-11-2015, 08:38 AM
UPDATE: There seem to be some hard-to-track bugs in the Hex API. Please report any strange things you encounter and I will try to find workarounds. Updated for Armies of Myth patch on 27/7. Make sure to replace the old api.ini with the new one. You no longer need to list/cancel a card in the AH. Make sure you restart the Hex Client with Draft Analyzer running.

WARNING: You need to read installation instructions carefully. There is no extensive documentation or tooltips, spend 5 minutes reading the instructions to avoid problems down the line.

What does this do:

This is an application developed by myself in my spare time to improve my drafting experience in Hex. It uses the Hex API (http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=40975), the Hex AH Data (http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=40371) and the Hex Database (http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=43933)(thanks DocX and cwik) to provide you with more information during drafting.

Features:

For each draft pack, you receive a list of cards together with their platinum price and the number you currently have in your collection. The 14-day median is used for the price, unless there have been less than 5 sales in the past 14 days in which case the all-time median is used.
Two modes: In the collection mode, if you own 4 or more of a card it's show in green. If you don't have a playset of that card it's shown in red instead. In the threshold mode, cards are colored depending on their threshold requirement (Diamond-Grey, Ruby-Red, Sapphire-Blue, Blood-Purple, Wild-Green, Artifacts - Black). This allows you to see at a glance the composition of the pack. For example, you can quickly check how many diamond cards you passed in pack 1 to adjust your expectations for pack 2 (if you passed a ton of great diamond cards, your neighbor is probably in diamond and won't be passing you the good diamond cards in pack 2).
For packs 9-15, shows the cards that were in the pack when you saw it the first time. Useful when you're trying what colors are the most open and also for those WTF moments (for example: "WTF is this Vanguard of Gawaine still doing here?")
Warning sounds. You get a short soundtrack whenever a draft fires. Never miss your first pick again because you went to the next room to get a glass of water. Additionally you get a much shorter sound whenever a game starts, so you can alt-tab in peace. You can change these sounds by replacing the files in the sound directory (just make sure your replacement sounds have the same name/format).
Improved syncing with Hex TCG Browser. If you have syncing with Hex TCG Browser enabled, you might have noticed your client getting unresponsive for 30-120 seconds at the end of each draft before you start building your deck. That happens due to a bug in the Hex client. The Hex API tries to sync your collection 45 times (one for each card you drafted) and hangs until all 45 times are completed. If you do that over the internet it takes a noticeable amount of time, especially for large collections. If you enable syncing through the draft analyzer, the hex client only has to transfer the data locally, which is much faster and then the draft analyzer forwards the data to Hex TCG Browser (and you avoid spamming their servers too).
Writes the total value of your draft after each pick your make. You can force it to ignore non-legendary cards that sell for the platinum floor (commons that sell for less than 5 plat, uncommons that sell for less than 12 and rares that sell for less than 32), by changing trimprices to True in the config.ini in the Draft Analyzer folder and restarting the application.
Exporting your collection to an excel-readable CSV file. Exports your collection adding some extra information for those who like to keep track of it in a spreadsheet. The exported spreadsheet can be found under Collection/My_Collection.csv. When you first open it, if you get receive a list of import options, select comma as the only separator (no spaces or semicolons).

Screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/zUdr7

Installation instructions:

If you're updating Draft Analyzer you can delete the old folder (everything is self-contained) and install the new version as normally.
Download the zip file (https://goo.gl/QmWau2) from GitHub (on the right panel - Download ZIP)
Right-click and select "Extract All". You can move the folder wherever you want, but you it's best to avoid placing it inside the Program Files folder (you will need to run Draft Analyzer with administrator permissions every time if you do). Of course feel free to create a shortcut to the desktop.
Run Draft Analyzer.exe
WARNING: The first time you launch the application you might need to wait some minutes (depending on your internet connection), until all the AH-Data is downloaded. The application is NOT stuck. You can check the AH-Data folder to see the progression. After all data is downloaded, the application will launch normally.
(Optional) Set up syncing with Hex TCG Browser. Find your syncing URL by following instructions here – http://hex.tcgbrowser.com/tools/sync/. Copy-Paste the entire link in the text box that appears and submit (careful to not include extra spaces). If you want to disable the syncing feature in the future, just click on syncing again and submit without typing anything.
UPDATED: In the Draft Analyzer folder you just unzipped, you will find a folder named "Resources". Copy the api.ini file from that folder straight to your Hex installation directory and you're set to go. This is the new way of enabling the Hex API. Don't worry, it only sends data to your computer and will never broadcast any sensitive data.
Optional: If you want to set-up the API to send information to more than one application (and don't want to use Draft Analyzers built-in syncing), you can find more information here (http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=40975&page=21&p=506840&viewfull=1#post506840). The line required by Draft Analyzer is:

http://localhost:18888/draft_analyzer|Collection|DraftCardPicked|DraftPac k|GameStarted|GameEnded|SaveDeck

Start the Hex Client (RESTART if it was already running).
You no longer need to list a card in the AH (in fact it won't help you). Make sure you restarted the Hex Client with Draft Analyzer running.
Jump into a draft and watch the magic happen.

Troubleshooting:

In case of problems, before posting on the forums try the following steps:

Restart Hex and Draft Analyzer.
Make sure the files of the Draft Analyzer directory are not used by any other application.
Delete the AH-Data directory and all the files in the Card Info directory EXCEPT card_info.json. This should solve problems with strange numbers, but you will need to wait until all the data is downloaded again.
Run with administrator privileges. This will definitely be needed if you placed the folder in Program Files.
The nuclear option: delete the whole Draft Analyzer directory and download again.
If nothing helps you can contact me. Make sure to include Draft Analyzer.log and the API_logs from the day of the problem.
I might also stream some draft and help people install/use/troubleshoot the application if there is enough interest.

Known Issues:

Relogging with the API enabled sometimes makes the client stuck.
Enabling the API might make your client hang every time items are added to your collection (cards in limited events, rewards from chest rolls etc.). The more items are added at once, the longer the delay, so in chest rolls you might notice a 0.5 second delay and a small stutter, in sealed events a 5-minute delay. The client doesn't crash, so if you wait long enough you will be able to continue.

Both these issues are not something on my end (I tested just with the API enabled, no application running), so if someone can contact Chris Woods he might be able to solve it.

Uninstalling:

Just delete the Draft Analyzer folder. Everything is self-contained.

In the Future:

The application will need to be updated next week, due to some (great) changes to the Hex API. I will post up the new version as soon as the patch hits. O
One of the features I have planned is to show cards that were in the pack and didn't wheel, for picks 8-15.
I also have a working bargain-hunting module, that suggests what cards in your collection you can sell for a reasonable price, but I would need some time to create a working GUI and allow the user chose the options (without changing the source code0.
If you want to help with development you are welcome to look at the source code (in the build directory). You will probably notice that I could use some help from a threading or a gui (tkinter) expert.

PS. I'm looking for ideas on how to represent the multi-colored cards from Armies of Myth in threshold mode.

AdamAoE2
07-11-2015, 09:04 AM
This is fantastic, and I'll definitely use this. Great tool!

DocX
07-11-2015, 09:41 AM
Dammit, Ariathor! You did the same thing I've been doing only you've released before me! And it's more full featured than what I was doing! Curses!

:-)

Out of curiosity, what are you doing the programming in? Is it anything that's cross-platform (like Unity)? Or is it Windows specific? Also, I see you're using the network-based API feature instead of using a local file. Did you do that to reduce installation complexity? I was working on doing network first, but didn't figure out a good way to do that with my app (which I'm writing in Unity).

Loving that I'm not the only one who's thought to do this! Looking forward to seeing what you're able to do with this. . . and now I need to get off my posterior, stop grinding arena while watching the charity stream, buckle down and finish my app so we can compare notes.

Superjuice
07-11-2015, 10:01 AM
This may throw some false positives for some AV clients (it tripped windows defender for me, win32.zwangi).

Ran it through virustotal.com and nothing else tripped but windows defender isn't a fan, lol.

WindDrakeHex
07-11-2015, 10:28 AM
+1 Really appreciate the effort man. This tool sounds amazing!

Ariathor
07-11-2015, 10:29 AM
@AdamAoE2: Thanks, I hope you enjoy it. Feel free to leave feedback after you've tried it out, I've only had very few people to alpha test it.

@DocX: Haha, that's pretty funny, because you're the one who, indirectly, convinced me to release it. I had finished the groundwork and I was getting complacent (since it was good enough for personal use), but after seeing the Hex Database API I was so excited to be able to easily add the colors that it convinced me to make the final push, tweak a few things and start the alpha testing.

It's all written in python and it should be mostly platform independent. It's possible that one or two lines will have to be changed though, I didn't write it with compatibility in mind. You can try to compile it if you want, source code is in the build directory and the only external library needed is requests (http://docs.python-requests.org/en/latest/) (for the Hex TCG browser forwarding).

I admit, the local server to intercept the API events was a nightmare, especially because hex clients would randomly hang for unknown reasons occasionally, but not always. I was tempted to give up and go with the file-based approach, but I got caught in a stubborn streak and in the end it seems I managed to solve it. Two things seemed to do the trick:

Including the content-length header in the replies (even though it is 0). Most of the replies are the typical 200-OK and the content-length header (and nothing else).
Occasionally the client would randomly send an expect 100-continue request. I couldn't really find a pattern as to why, but when I replied appropriately it seemed to fix the problems.

There is a lot of room for new features (especially with the new API on its way), so good luck finishing your project. We can definitely sit together sometime and discuss what the best way to implement some things is.

@Superjuice:

That's interesting, I didn't have many opportunities to test on different computers. And py2exe needing to bundle everything makes it seem much more threatening than just my 5-6 files of source code :D If somebody is worried, feel free to look at the source code and compile it (see my reply above).

Superjuice
07-11-2015, 10:39 AM
@Superjuice:

That's interesting, I didn't have many opportunities to test on different computers. And py2exe needing to bundle everything makes it seem much more threatening than just my 5-6 files of source code :D If somebody is worried, feel free to look at the source code and compile it (see my reply above).

Definitely just a false positive, just wanted you to be aware in case it popped up for others, i think that specific variant is a common false positive for defender. Can't wait to try the app :)

Kroan
07-11-2015, 10:50 AM
Not to derail your thread, but I've been working on pretty much the same tool since the API was released. I had a working version fairly quick, but wanted to check with CZE what their thought on this was. This unfortunately took a bit before I got response and at the time I did, there were already similar tools out there.

Anyway, I did not want the work go down the drain so I decided to share the whole sourcecode. Note that the code is pretty horrific and would need some cleanup. People interested in the code (C# .NET) can download it here:
http://hexpromos.com/DraftBuddy.rar

It includes pricing based on median (through hexprice.com) and indication of cards that have wheeled. I was thinking about having it record userdata (with the ok of users) to record picks and then show people what cards were picked most... but again; I'm pretty lazy.

Anyway, I hope this helps anyone get started or at least some ideas. Have fun! :)

Good luck with your tool! And again sorry for derailing your thread.

Gwaer
07-11-2015, 11:03 AM
You've cleaned this up a lot since I've seen it! Great work.

Rapkannibale
07-11-2015, 11:07 AM
This sounds really cool! I will wait for the new version since the patch is so soon but will definitely give it a shot. I'm wondering, is the whole thing with this app telling me what cards didn't wheel etc fine in terms of fairness? Do we have CZEs official stance on these kids of app?

Merzifon
07-11-2015, 11:56 AM
thanks to a random chat between me and the OP, I was lucky to test this app a few weeks ago, and been using it since then. Quite more useful than browser based ones.

I dont think CZE would have anything against this as they decided to release that data in the first place, the app just formats it to a much easier to use style.

Gwaer
07-11-2015, 11:59 AM
They need to just build all the functionality into the client. =P

Ertzi
07-11-2015, 01:35 PM
Wow, this is a great tool. I have to learn how to use this after the next patch.

Peseto
07-11-2015, 01:38 PM
Dammit, Ariathor! You did the same thing I've been doing only you've released before me! And it's more full featured than what I was doing! Curses!

:-)

Out of curiosity, what are you doing the programming in? Is it anything that's cross-platform (like Unity)? Or is it Windows specific? Also, I see you're using the network-based API feature instead of using a local file. Did you do that to reduce installation complexity? I was working on doing network first, but didn't figure out a good way to do that with my app (which I'm writing in Unity).

I personally would love it, if we had an app that works for mac as well. I tried setting it up the way you explained it in your reddit post, but it was just a little too complicated for me, with my very basic programming experience.

Ariathor
07-11-2015, 02:59 PM
Not to derail your thread, but I've been working on pretty much the same tool since the API was released. I had a working version fairly quick, but wanted to check with CZE what their thought on this was. This unfortunately took a bit before I got response and at the time I did, there were already similar tools out there.

Anyway, I did not want the work go down the drain so I decided to share the whole sourcecode. Note that the code is pretty horrific and would need some cleanup. People interested in the code (C# .NET) can download it here:
http://hexpromos.com/DraftBuddy.rar

It includes pricing based on median (through hexprice.com) and indication of cards that have wheeled. I was thinking about having it record userdata (with the ok of users) to record picks and then show people what cards were picked most... but again; I'm pretty lazy.

Anyway, I hope this helps anyone get started or at least some ideas. Have fun! :)

Good luck with your tool! And again sorry for derailing your thread.

I'll give it a look, it's always interesting to see different approaches (that are almost certainly better than mine).

Ariathor
07-11-2015, 03:04 PM
@Rapkannibale

The app doesn't do anything that you couldn't do on your own, using pen and paper and external resources. It just presents all the information in one place.

@Merzifon

Thanks for helping me test it, your feedback was very valuable.

@Peseto

Technically, it should be really easy to port to Mac, most of the code is platform independent. If there is enough interest I might do it myself in the future, if someone else doesn't do it.

selpai
07-11-2015, 08:06 PM
Any chance of releasing the source code for your application?

Xexist
07-11-2015, 08:24 PM
next time you need an Alpha tester, remember that we are best friends :)

Ariathor
07-12-2015, 12:44 AM
Any chance of releasing the source code for your application?

Everything is in the build directory of the zip file. I might make a github repository for it in the future, I just wanted to get this out there for now so people interested can use it.

Peseto
07-12-2015, 01:35 AM
@Peseto

Technically, it should be really easy to port to Mac, most of the code is platform independent. If there is enough interest I might do it myself in the future, if someone else doesn't do it.

That would be great :)

Pheelon
07-13-2015, 01:34 AM
Nice i had some similar tool allready (even back before the api with pic-recognition) but didn't have much time to adapt it lately.

will look at both (yours and Kroans) some more when i got some time :)

Graydeath
07-13-2015, 01:52 AM
@Rapkannibale
@Peseto

It would be great!

DrVanPorcine
07-13-2015, 10:49 AM
Tried it today for 2 drafts ... wow!

Do I have to update my card collection everytime before using your program (by listing a card on the auction house?)

I wasn't able to sync with TCGBrowser... when i'm logged in the site, I can't get the code... it always telling me that I am not logged in...

I will use this everytime I draft

Thanks

Ariathor
07-13-2015, 11:05 AM
Tried it today for 2 drafts ... wow!

Do I have to update my card collection everytime before using your program (by listing a card on the auction house?)

I wasn't able to sync with TCGBrowser... when i'm logged in the site, I can't get the code... it always telling me that I am not logged in...

I will use this everytime I draft

Thanks

I'm glad you like it. You will only need to sync the first time, after that your collection is stored by the application. Your collection gets automatically updated at the end of each draft and whenever you buy/cancel an auction (I think it happens any time you receive a card via the in-game mail system, but too lazy to check). So, as long as Draft Analyzer is running at these moments your collection will get automatically updated.

As for Hex TCG browser it is by no means necessary to use Draft Analyzer. It's pretty handy to have your collection and decklists synced though, so you can try asking on their forum, bogycoins (http://tcgbrowser.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=22)is usually very quick to answer.

Xexist
07-13-2015, 11:34 AM
Man I cant wait to try this

Saeijou
07-13-2015, 03:20 PM
the hexapi get's more and more exploited :D nice job, thanks!

Resand
07-14-2015, 10:22 AM
Hi,

Great idea and probably great little program, but I can't seem to get it to launch.
After launching the exe, the process just seems to give up after a few seconds and stop.

- AH Data folder is stuck on 203 files/31,8MB.
- I've launched if from several drives with and without administrator privileges.
- Downloaded the files twice, and tried a few compatibility option.

No difference.

The process uses maybe 150MB and 25% of a core for a few seconds, then drops of to 80MB and 0 cpu. Nothing more happens after that until I manually kill the process. Have had it running for around 20 - 30 min before I stopped it once.

Can't find either Draft Analyzer.log or the API_logs, I'm guessing it needs to launch properly to make those.

I got Win7 Ultimate 64-bit if it matters.

Now I realise that this isn't much to go on, so I'm not expecting a fix/workaround, but the point of a beta is to report bugs right? :)

Ariathor
07-14-2015, 10:57 AM
Hi,

Great idea and probably great little program, but I can't seem to get it to launch.
After launching the exe, the process just seems to give up after a few seconds and stop.

- AH Data folder is stuck on 203 files/31,8MB.
- I've launched if from several drives with and without administrator privileges.
- Downloaded the files twice, and tried a few compatibility option.

No difference.

The process uses maybe 150MB and 25% of a core for a few seconds, then drops of to 80MB and 0 cpu. Nothing more happens after that until I manually kill the process. Have had it running for around 20 - 30 min before I stopped it once.

Can't find either Draft Analyzer.log or the API_logs, I'm guessing it needs to launch properly to make those.

I got Win7 Ultimate 64-bit if it matters.

Now I realise that this isn't much to go on, so I'm not expecting a fix/workaround, but the point of a beta is to report bugs right? :)

Thanks for letting me know. The AH-Data folder should have 203 files (today), so that part is running correctly. Try running the application, wait until AH-Data folder has 203 files (if using a fresh installation), post/cancel an auction and check the Collection folder. If My_Collection.json already exists it means that the application is working and it's only the GUI that's not running on your computer.

Also, after that could you maybe upload the whole installation folder somehwere? It would be easier for me to check things that way.

Saeijou
07-14-2015, 11:09 AM
I have the same problem. The GUI isn't showing up. I will try to upload it as well this evening, if I have the time.

Resand
07-14-2015, 11:20 AM
It's apparently just the gui yes. After doing the whole post/cancel an auction thing I got a My_Collection.json.
So it's a GPU thing then?

Got a Radeon R9 200 series and Catalyst 14.12 drivers, not that I think you can test :p but maybe somebody else have similar setup.
I'm looking into uploading the folder somewhere, just never been something I needed before.

Edit:
Does this work? https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B_Q5HySFG_ZTfjNIbzZvUm9mUDgyb1JhM0Z kYjdESm9qX1Q1VW1LTGZFc3RicGdnRHpYaE0&usp=sharing

magic1313
07-14-2015, 11:42 AM
Edit: Got it to work but no GUI as well

Ariathor
07-14-2015, 11:58 AM
UPDATE: There seems to be some trouble with the github link that is causing the GUI to not appear. I'm trying to fix this right now, in the meantime you can use the old dropbox link (https://www.dropbox.com/sh/r15xzw3k0c6t9te/AADd43neaozA0HvztNLrMBeoa?dl=0) instead.

Sorry to the people who wasted time trying to make it work, thanks for letting me catch this early.

Special thanks to Resand, I might have wasted a lot more time if you hadn't uploaded that folder.

Resand
07-14-2015, 12:06 PM
UPDATE: There seems to be some trouble with the github link that is causing the GUI to not appear. I'm trying to fix this right now, in the meantime you can use the old dropbox link (https://www.dropbox.com/sh/r15xzw3k0c6t9te/AADd43neaozA0HvztNLrMBeoa?dl=0) instead.

Sorry to the people who wasted time trying to make it work, thanks for letting me catch this early.

Special thanks to Resand, I might have wasted a lot more time if you hadn't uploaded that folder.

Now it works :D. To late for me to draft now, so I'll test it for real tomorrow. Thanks for the fast respond

Ariathor
07-14-2015, 12:20 PM
There was a problem with some files not properly syncing with GitHub. Should be fixed now. If you downloaded from GitHub please delete everything and download again.

Ariathor
07-14-2015, 12:28 PM
Now it works :D. To late for me to draft now, so I'll test it for real tomorrow. Thanks for the fast respond

No problem, I hope you will find it was worth the trouble ;)

Selali
07-14-2015, 12:38 PM
The export of the "My Collection" does not seem to work in all types of spreadsheets if you dont change the import settings. You may want to include a small little blurb about that in the description to explain that you want to import the separated by comma and make sure to remove space. Other than that little thing, everything seems to work nicely. Amazing job!

Ariathor
07-14-2015, 12:47 PM
The export of the "My Collection" does not seem to work in all types of spreadsheets if you dont change the import settings. You may want to include a small little blurb about that in the description to explain that you want to import the separated by comma and make sure to remove space. Other than that little thing, everything seems to work nicely. Amazing job!

You are right, thanks. Added.

Risterral
07-14-2015, 02:09 PM
Hey,
Nice to see there are more and more Hex apps starting to show up :)

It sounds like really nice and helpful application (especialy for people learning draft or "valuedrafting").
I'll definitely give it a try when I'll have some time to draft this week before set 3 release.

I'll give You more feedback when I try it, right now I can just say:

Notifications=http://localhost:18888/draft_analyzer || SECOND_URL_HERE
TypesForwarded=All
Additional notifications or types forwarded requires only one |, but it doesn't break anything :)

Werlix
07-14-2015, 02:25 PM
I saw the title and thought it might be some kind of sweet print run analyser or something to help you draft a better deck. But it's an app to help you draft cards for your collection? That's cool, I guess :)

Ariathor
07-14-2015, 04:43 PM
@Risterral
Thanks, I never thought to try with one |
I'm looking forward to your feedback, I hope you like it.

@Werlix
Sadly I think Hex drafting is way to complicated to create something like Heartharena for Hearthstone, at least for me.

This application is supposed to help you with making more decisions though, since you can go back and check what cards you passed in previous packs, what cards you have a reasonable hope of wheeling etc.

Werlix
07-14-2015, 04:50 PM
This application is supposed to help you with making more decisions though, since you can go back and check what cards you passed in previous packs, what cards you have a reasonable hope of wheeling etc.

Oh that seems pretty cool :)

Gwaer
07-14-2015, 05:08 PM
It'd be nice if it remembered what was in each pack automatically, and showed them grayed out. Plus if there were some way to integrate what we know about print runs it'd be cool for it to spit out what might have been in packs before you saw them.

Ariathor
07-15-2015, 08:47 AM
It'd be nice if it remembered what was in each pack automatically, and showed them grayed out. Plus if there were some way to integrate what we know about print runs it'd be cool for it to spit out what might have been in packs before you saw them.

Showing the missing cards in packs 9-15 is something I have planned and might implement in the future, after I implement multi-colored cards for set 3. Predicting what cards were in packs before you saw them though seems unrealistic though.

ziggarius
07-15-2015, 09:11 AM
Showing the missing cards in packs 9-15 is something I have planned and might implement in the future, after I implement multi-colored cards for set 3. Predicting what cards were in packs before you saw them though seems unrealistic though.

uncommons and rares wouldn't be guessable, but commons have "print runs" just like a physical TCG which means it could, if we had enough packs opened to figure out the print run.

Ariathor
07-15-2015, 09:33 AM
uncommons and rares wouldn't be guessable, but commons have "print runs" just like a physical TCG which means it could, if we had enough packs opened to figure out the print run.

Even if we did, that would probably be considered an exploit and would be patched fairly quickly.

Xenavire
07-15-2015, 10:47 AM
Even if we did, that would probably be considered an exploit and would be patched fairly quickly.

I highly doubt that, the devs have encouraged us in the past to figure out the print runs. (Well, maybe not encourage, but it definitely wasn't something that sounded like an exploit.)

I think print runs are fair game, because Hex wants to be similar to physical.

Thoom
07-15-2015, 11:32 AM
I think print runs are fair game, because Hex wants to be similar to physical.

The question is if having a 3rd party tool figure out the print runs in your packs for you is fair game. If you were at a physical card game draft and brought an smartphone app to analyze print runs and tell you what was missing from your packs, I'm pretty sure you'd get kicked out.

That said, if HexEnt is cool with such a tool I would totally use and love it.

ziggarius
07-15-2015, 11:36 AM
The question is if having a 3rd party tool figure out the print runs in your packs for you is fair game. If you were at a physical card game draft and brought an smartphone app to analyze print runs and tell you what was missing from your packs, I'm pretty sure you'd get kicked out.

That said, if HexEnt is cool with such a tool I would totally use and love it.

Counterpoint to that is the API is giving this information to us to be analyzed, if they didn't want a 3rd party tool doing that they wouldn't let the API spit that info out.
I don't know how much truth is in it, but I've heard some people in physical TCGs do memorize print runs to make reasonable guesses at what was in the pack before. Naturally that's less accurate/harder to do compared to an app on a phone.

nickon
07-16-2015, 12:56 AM
I'll give this a shot as well! :)

By the way, during the setup process (listing a card on the auction house and then cancelling it), it might be good to see some interaction in your draft analyzer like "Draft analyzer initialized" or whatever. Just to get some confirmation on that everything was set up correctly!

Cheers and great job!

EDIT: Would certainly be great to see which cards were picked and which wheeled :)

Ariathor
07-16-2015, 05:42 AM
I'll give this a shot as well! :)

By the way, during the setup process (listing a card on the auction house and then cancelling it), it might be good to see some interaction in your draft analyzer like "Draft analyzer initialized" or whatever. Just to get some confirmation on that everything was set up correctly!

Cheers and great job!

EDIT: Would certainly be great to see which cards were picked and which wheeled :)

I added a small notification in the next version (will be up for the next patch). I might add the cards from previous packs if I find the time to do it (my biggest problem is I'm not sure what the best way to represent them in the GUI is).

Thoom
07-16-2015, 09:28 AM
My vote is to put them where they were in the pack, but make them grey instead of shard-colored.

Auryn
07-16-2015, 02:06 PM
Instead of greyed out, you could have them with strikethrough, still readable, but don't have to worry about colors and should work fine with either threshold colors, or collection colors.

Debtdeflation
07-16-2015, 03:35 PM
Thanks for this amazing tool, I love it!

Could the csv-output-file maybe distinguish card name, set name, number of cards owned, etc. with semicolons instead of commas?
As some of the cards' names have commas in it, it messes up the resulting sheet.

Also it would be great if the output file could have seperate sheets for every set as well as one overview sheet listing all the owned cards as % of their respective sets. But that is nothing one could not do oneself, just a suggestion if you would have too much time to spend. ;)

Ariathor
07-17-2015, 07:15 AM
I'm working on showing the cards that didn't come back right now.

@Debtdeflation
What program are you using to open the csv file? Cards with commas in them are quoted to avoid confusion, normally most software should recognize that. I'm not opposed to switching to semicolons, just curious why you're having this problem.

Sadly splitting it on separate sheets would be harder to do and it's not something on my radar.

Debtdeflation
07-17-2015, 08:17 AM
I just opened the csv file with Excel 2013 and told it to use commas as signs for columns. Basically I want to create an extra excel file where I am listing all my cards according to rarity and color and get the information of my collection from the Draft analyser csv-file via the LOOKUP-command, so that it would be self-updating. But maybe you were planning to implement such a feature into the draft analyser-tool anyway? As it is right now, it is great, but it lacks a decent overview.

By the way, it would also be great if at the auction house you could the the median average prices of the card you are hovering over of today, last week and in general, similar to hexprice.com. Just a idea.

Saeijou
07-17-2015, 09:09 AM
i tried it out yesterday and it works amazingly well! thanks!

neat tool to play with... but i wont use it anymore... to know how much worth other cards is prevents me from picking the cards i need ^^

Ariathor
07-17-2015, 10:28 AM
I just opened the csv file with Excel 2013 and told it to use commas as signs for columns. Basically I want to create an extra excel file where I am listing all my cards according to rarity and color and get the information of my collection from the Draft analyser csv-file via the LOOKUP-command, so that it would be self-updating. But maybe you were planning to implement such a feature into the draft analyser-tool anyway? As it is right now, it is great, but it lacks a decent overview.

By the way, it would also be great if at the auction house you could the the median average prices of the card you are hovering over of today, last week and in general, similar to hexprice.com. Just a idea.

Is your text delimiter set to "? If that was the problem please tell me, so I can update the description.
Just to clarify though, My_Collection.csv is not created/updated automatically by Draft Analyzer, you need to manually use the export collection option for the csv file to be updated (the collection for internal use is stored as My_Collection.json).

Can you explain in more detail what your idea is concerning the collection is? You want the collection to be searchable through the GUI? Or you want the spreadsheet to be updated automatically?

As for showing more AH-stats that's a pretty neat idea, I'll look into it if/when I move on to tooltips, but right now I have other areas I want to improve.

Debtdeflation
07-17-2015, 03:19 PM
Is your text delimiter set to "? If that was the problem please tell me, so I can update the description.
Just to clarify though, My_Collection.csv is not created/updated automatically by Draft Analyzer, you need to manually use the export collection option for the csv file to be updated (the collection for internal use is stored as My_Collection.json).

Can you explain in more detail what your idea is concerning the collection is? You want the collection to be searchable through the GUI? Or you want the spreadsheet to be updated automatically?

As for showing more AH-stats that's a pretty neat idea, I'll look into it if/when I move on to tooltips, but right now I have other areas I want to improve.

My delimiter is set to comma, i.e. ',' .

I uploaded a collection excel file I am currently using. (http://www.filedropper.com/hexcollection)
Ideally I would like your tool to create such a file and update it consistenly, that would be my wet dream. As this will probably too much work, I would instead do it on my own, via exporting the collection manually and then tell the excel file I just uploaded to get the needed data from the exported file using the LOOKUP-command. In order to be able to do so though, I would need the file to be automatically delimited.

Xexist
07-17-2015, 10:28 PM
I dont know how you did it but your draft thing works amazing!

http://i58.tinypic.com/2h3seo2.jpg

Ariathor
07-18-2015, 02:41 AM
@Debtdeflation
Try using the text import wizard (https://support.office.com/en-za/article/Text-Import-Wizard-c5b02af6-fda1-4440-899f-f78bafe41857) and make sure that text qualifier is set to ". If that doesn't work, I will set the delimiter to ';' in the next version (that will work after the AoM patch).

@Xexist
Merzifon, who helped me test the application, reported getting his first AoD using it. Maybe there is something to it? ;)

propa
07-18-2015, 10:55 AM
May i ask? where do you change this trimprice to true in config.ini? i dont find any trimprice

or i add new line that written trimprice=true?

thanks^^, your program really cool you know

Ariathor
07-18-2015, 11:11 AM
May i ask? where do you change this trimprice to true in config.ini? i dont find any trimprice

or i add new line that written trimprice=true?

thanks^^, your program really cool you know

Ah, I see, my description was unclear. To enable this feature you need to modify the config.ini in the Draft Analyzer folder, not the Hex config.ini. I will probably add a settings menu to simplify these procedures in the future when I find the time for it.

Thanks for your kind words, I hope you enjoy using it.

Skirovik
07-18-2015, 06:47 PM
With the new patch for Hex so close, should I start using this now or do you recommend waiting for the new version, post-patch?

Xexist
07-18-2015, 09:13 PM
With the new patch for Hex so close, should I start using this now or do you recommend waiting for the new version, post-patch?

It only takes a few minutes to set up and IMO is worth it

propa
07-18-2015, 10:53 PM
May I ask again?, if I want to use not the median price in 14 day but using the latest(or yesterday) ah data. What setting I should change?

Man I really love this program, glad you're sharing it with us here.

Ariathor
07-19-2015, 06:51 AM
@Skirovik

Personally I think you might as well used to it, once you go through the installation procedure once, updating should only take a couple of minutes. It's up to you of course, as the patch is almost upon us.

@propa

Sadly that option is not included right now. I went with what I considered to be the most reasonable statistic (since daily stats fluctuate a lot and all-time stats can be heavily influenced by decks not having been discovered yet etc.), but I did not include the option to switch between different statistics yet.

Shubedobedo
07-19-2015, 03:34 PM
Quick question. I have gotten a few card since I first use this to sync my collection to hex tcg browser. How do I get it to update my collection?

Thanks this is super help full. It great for me to try and complete my set to common and uncommon play set.

Ariathor
07-19-2015, 03:42 PM
Quick question. I have gotten a few card since I first use this to sync my collection to hex tcg browser. How do I get it to update my collection?

Thanks this is super help full. It great for me to try and complete my set to common and uncommon play set.

As long as you run it while drafting, it will automatically update your collection. You can also manually force a re-fresh by listing a card on the AH and cancelling.

You can test that syncing is working correctly by saving a deck. If you go to the decks tab in Hex TCG Browser, that deck should be show as "last updated: ~44 minutes ago" (their server time is a bit wrong I think). Take note that the Hex TCG Browser server used for syncing seems to sometimes be down for me (even though the main website is working).

Debtdeflation
07-19-2015, 04:38 PM
@Debtdeflation
Try using the text import wizard (https://support.office.com/en-za/article/Text-Import-Wizard-c5b02af6-fda1-4440-899f-f78bafe41857) and make sure that text qualifier is set to ". If that doesn't work, I will set the delimiter to ';' in the next version (that will work after the AoM patch).

I already dd this before, sadly it did not work for me. I would be great if you could change the delimiter. You are doing an awesome job by the way!

Shubedobedo
07-19-2015, 05:27 PM
As long as you run it while drafting, it will automatically update your collection. You can also manually force a re-fresh by listing a card on the AH and cancelling.

You can test that syncing is working correctly by saving a deck. If you go to the decks tab in Hex TCG Browser, that deck should be show as "last updated: ~44 minutes ago" (their server time is a bit wrong I think). Take note that the Hex TCG Browser server used for syncing seems to sometimes be down for me (even though the main website is working).

I've done that no die. I am looking at my colection and I am missing cards. I have tried posting to action house.

bogycoins
07-20-2015, 12:25 AM
I've done that no die. I am looking at my colection and I am missing cards. I have tried posting to action house.

What's your TCGBrowser username? So I can look it up and see if anything went wrong with your sync.

Skirovik
07-20-2015, 02:09 AM
@Skirovik

Personally I think you might as well used to it, once you go through the installation procedure once, updating should only take a couple of minutes. It's up to you of course, as the patch is almost upon us.

Thanks for that. I'll probably install it tonight. :)

Ariathor
07-20-2015, 02:36 AM
@Debtdeflation
That's really strange, I would be interested to know if any others hard similar problems. Anyway, I changed it to semicolons in the next version

@Shubedobedo
Did you test it by saving a deck and seeing if the time got updated on Hex TCG Browser? Did you try re-entering your syncing URL? If you want you can send me your config.ini and your API_logs folder and I will have a look at it.

LNQ
07-20-2015, 08:11 AM
Anyone tried to compile this to Mac yet?

Ariathor
07-20-2015, 01:03 PM
Anyone tried to compile this to Mac yet?

I don't know, but at least nobody contacted me about it. If somebody wants to do it I'd be glad to offer them some assistance.

Shubedobedo
07-21-2015, 10:38 AM
What's your TCGBrowser username? So I can look it up and see if anything went wrong with your sync.

Shubedobedo

Shubedobedo
07-21-2015, 10:40 AM
@Shubedobedo
Did you test it by saving a deck and seeing if the time got updated on Hex TCG Browser? Did you try re-entering your syncing URL? If you want you can send me your config.ini and your API_logs folder and I will have a look at it.

I did make a change and no decks show up at all. I have clicked sync and re added my url. I will double check everything before I bother you with sending files. Just an FYI I really appreciate all the help.

Shubedobedo
07-21-2015, 03:42 PM
since trying to fix it i seem to have made it worse now it doesn't work for draft either or is that because of the patch?

magic1313
07-21-2015, 05:05 PM
Can't wait for the new version, Can you please add gold value as well? This tool was perfect for last minute rare drafting 2-2-1

Ariathor
07-21-2015, 05:16 PM
Quick update:

The changes to the API are a bit more extensive than announced, I have most things working, but I might need up to 24 more hours to test it in a few drafts and make sure nothing escaped me.

Dargon
07-21-2015, 06:53 PM
Used your program yesterday....excellent tool, well done and thanks for sharing with us. Look forward to the update

Skirovik
07-21-2015, 07:18 PM
Thanks for working so hard on getting this up and running with the set 3 patch. Looking forward to using it again soon!

Gwaer
07-21-2015, 07:31 PM
I already had a full collection when I started using this, but now that I am drafting to fill my set 3 It'll be super handy, thanks again for all the work you put into it

Ariathor
07-22-2015, 10:37 AM
New version is up. The changes to the API were quite extensive, I think I've updated everything, but in case you find some bug, feel free to report it in this thread.

Make sure to re-read the installation instructions, the way you activate the API got changed.

I've added cards that didn't wheel in strikethrough, please let me know what you think. I'll probably add an option to disable this in the future, as it can be a bit distracting.

Debtdeflation
07-22-2015, 11:11 AM
Awesome, thank you so much. I wished I could do more for you. :D
I dont manage to synch my hexbrowser-account with the tool. Whereas in the last version, after entering the link and pressing submit worked, not it doesnt for me.
Also, you are talking about some 'ressources'-folder in the new unzipped version, but sadly I cannot find it.

Ariathor
07-22-2015, 11:41 AM
Awesome, thank you so much. I wished I could do more for you. :D
I dont manage to synch my hexbrowser-account with the tool. Whereas in the last version, after entering the link and pressing submit worked, not it doesnt for me.
Also, you are talking about some 'ressources'-folder in the new unzipped version, but sadly I cannot find it.

Ups, my bad, forgot to push that addition to github. Is draft analyzer working and is syncing the only problem?

Debtdeflation
07-22-2015, 11:56 AM
I havent tried it out in drafts yet. The syncing button is still not working. But maybe im doing something wrong?

Ertzi
07-22-2015, 12:17 PM
I will finally test this tool tomorrow. I'm horrible with computers though, so I will come back here and cry if I fail. This would be a huge help with collecting my playset of AoM.

Ariathor
07-22-2015, 12:25 PM
I havent tried it out in drafts yet. The syncing button is still not working. But maybe im doing something wrong?

My bad, fixed it now if you don't mind downloading again

Goliath764
07-22-2015, 03:33 PM
Is it normal that most of the cards in my draft are 0P(while merely a few have >0P)?

Debtdeflation
07-22-2015, 03:34 PM
My bad, fixed it now if you don't mind downloading again

Thanks for all this quick support, you sir are a hero!
The sync thing is working now, I havent tried out drafts yet. One more thing that catched my attention is the exported csv-file. It only list around 6-10 cards, then it stops. Anybody else having the same experience?

Xenavire
07-22-2015, 03:36 PM
Is it normal that most of the cards in my draft are 0P(while merely a few have >0P)?

Thats probably to do with the AH data being incomplete. Give it a few days to catch up.

Alamand
07-22-2015, 04:08 PM
I think it would be more useful if items at the plat floor had their gold value shown instead, although that would make the final tally for draft value a bit messier.

Yoss
07-22-2015, 04:25 PM
I think it would be more useful if items at the plat floor had their gold value shown instead, although that would make the final tally for draft value a bit messier.

Indeed.

Goliath764
07-22-2015, 05:07 PM
I had a weird issue of not getting the victory/defeat screen(be it in draft matches or arena after I am done with the draft) after a match. Once I removed the api.ini from Hex folder, then it's back to normal again so I am pretty sure the problem is on the api.ini.

Edit: I can send you the log if you need them.

Shubedobedo
07-22-2015, 05:51 PM
FYI After the new version everything seems to be work again for me. Thanks alot.

Ariathor
07-23-2015, 03:16 AM
@Goliath764

Indeed, as Xenavire said, that's due to the lack of AH data. You should progressively see more and more cards having a price. Of course, in the few days after the patch it is, as always, very hard to estimate the true value of a card.

As for the second issue, I think that is a new bug introduced with the changed they made to the API. It will supposedly be fixed very soon, although I don't know if the fix is already in today's patch. I found out that pressing concede multiple times or escape or trying to change screens sometimes works, if not restarting the client always works.

Of course, using the Draft Analyzer might not be worth the hassle, in this case you can remove the api.ini and start using it again after it gets fixed (which is possibly right now, that's why I'm not updating the frontpage post as of yet).

@Debtdeflation

That was an error caused by the lack of AH data for certain cards. If you download again it should be fixed now.

@Alamand, Yoss

That's a good idea, I'll consider it for future versions.

Skirovik
07-23-2015, 03:22 AM
Should I uninstall the previous version in order to install the new version?

Also, with the new api.ini file, should I undo the edits I made in the config.ini file in my Hex folder?

Ariathor
07-23-2015, 03:28 AM
Should I uninstall the previous version in order to install the new version?

Also, with the new api.ini file, should I undo the edits I made in the config.ini file in my Hex folder?

Yes, just delete everything. You could keep the collection folder and paste it into the new installation (it has a file that tracks how many times you drafted every card, but as of right now it's not used anywhere).

The config.ini will be reset by the Hex patcher. It's not used anymore to enable the api, the api.ini takes care of that.

Warrender
07-23-2015, 05:32 AM
Still not fixed with the new patch.

Alamand
07-23-2015, 05:37 AM
It actually got worse for me with the new patch, now rather than getting stuck after the game hex just crashes when trying to enter a game. Guess I'll just give it some time, hopefully they work out the API problems before release weekend, though I guess the collection tracking isn't exactly required when you know you have basically nothing.

Ariathor
07-23-2015, 12:42 PM
Quick update: They're aware of the issues the API is working and they should be fixed by next Tuesday.

propa
07-24-2015, 07:17 AM
so can we use or can we not use the app? sry for the noob question

Warrender
07-24-2015, 07:18 AM

I wouldn't suggest it as it will cause you to lock up after every game.

Ariathor
07-24-2015, 07:51 AM

There are some workarounds, for example you could delete the api.ini and restart your client every time after finishing a draft and in my experience, conceding multiple times (when you're about to lose) seems to get rid of the bug. But if you don't want to mess with those things, it's probably easier to wait until Monday/Tuesday when they will fix this bug in the API.

Debtdeflation
07-28-2015, 08:59 AM
So now that the patch is out, shouldnt it work now?

Warrender
07-28-2015, 10:14 AM
So now that the patch is out, shouldnt it work now?

It should but I haven't had the chance to test it yet.

Ariathor
07-30-2015, 04:05 AM
Updated for Armies of Myth patch on 27/7. Make sure to replace the old api.ini with the new one. You no longer need to list/cancel a card in the AH. Make sure you restart the Hex Client with Draft Analyzer running.

poptasticboy
08-01-2015, 06:50 AM
I've just started using this and it's a great tool, thanks! There are however a few problems.

At the start of pack 2, it repeats the card selection as "pick 2" and ctually registers your 1st pick at pick 2.

http://i58.tinypic.com/33cqih0.jpg

The knock-on effect of this is that "pick 11" (actually the 10th pick) shows the cards from the previous pack again rather than the cards you are currently choosing between, and it remains a pack behind for the rest of the 2nd pack.

http://i59.tinypic.com/2i1h2qu.jpg

The problem then continues into pack 3, and indeed the opened pack is again listed twice, pushing the application yet further behind.

http://i61.tinypic.com/x37t5g.jpg

Another minor issue, notice the colouring of the multi-shard cards, even though the lines are supposed to be coloured by number owned in this set-up, not by shard.

A final issue is that when the api.ini file is used, the Wheels of Fate freeze for a while before showing you the result of a spin or a chest opening.

Ariathor
08-02-2015, 12:57 PM
@poptasticboy

The double pack seems to be caused by a bug in the API, sending events twice. I wrote a quick workaround, please try the newest version and let me know if it works. I also fixed the multi-colored cards in collection mode.

Sadly, enabling the API seems to make the game lag at certain points (when you enter a sealed event in particular). This is outside of my control, but if some are willing to take the time to test this and confirm that it's indeed caused by the API (e.g. enter a sealed event 3 times: One with API disabled, one with API enabled by not running Draft Analyzer and one with API enabled and Draft Analyzer running) I can try consolidating this information and forwarding it through the appropriate channels (right now I haven't done anything because I didn't see too many people complaining in the API thread and it might be a problem with my particular Hex installation)

bogycoins
08-02-2015, 02:30 PM
I'm pretty sure it's the API. It also happens to me, and with the API disabled is working fine. The game seems to send a collection event with a 1 second delay, once for each card, including shards. That's almost 200 seconds delay..

Ariathor
08-02-2015, 03:21 PM
I'm pretty sure it's the API. It also happens to me, and with the API disabled is working fine. The game seems to send a collection event with a 1 second delay, once for each card, including shards. That's almost 200 seconds delay..

Thanks, I thought I was going crazy, because I made two posts in the API thread saying exactly that but nobody else mentioned having this problem.

magic1313
08-04-2015, 09:03 AM
Do we need to re-download the program or does the pre AOM patch program work? Not seeing the API file in the download zip

Ariathor
08-04-2015, 03:07 PM
Do we need to re-download the program or does the pre AOM patch program work? Not seeing the API file in the download zip

It had to be updated (multiple times) due to the changes to the API that went live in the previous patches. The api.ini should be in the Resources folder after you unzip the zip file.

poptasticboy
08-09-2015, 04:16 AM
Since upgrading to Windows 10, when I attempt to launch Draft Analyzer it comes up with a System Error "The program can't start because MSVCR100.dll is missing from your computer."

Ariathor
08-10-2015, 02:13 AM
Since upgrading to Windows 10, when I attempt to launch Draft Analyzer it comes up with a System Error "The program can't start because MSVCR100.dll is missing from your computer."

Try running this (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5555)(32-bit) or this (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=14632)(64-bit).

If that doesn't work, you can also try these instructions (http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/windows/how-fix-msvcr100dll-is-missing-error-image-3589464/) to get the download the .dll only. Please let me know if this fixes the problem for you.

poptasticboy
08-10-2015, 06:59 AM
Brilliant, that not only fixed this but also fixed another problem I had with SolForge not running! Thanks!
I won't be able to test out the actual running of the program until Friday though - I've used up all my free drafts for this week already lol.

Ariathor
08-11-2015, 01:01 AM
Brilliant, that not only fixed this but also fixed another problem I had with SolForge not running! Thanks!
I won't be able to test out the actual running of the program until Friday though - I've used up all my free drafts for this week already lol.

I'm glad this helped, Solforge is also pretty fun.

asdf2000
08-11-2015, 05:00 PM
I don't really play draft but does anyone feel like:

"For packs 9-15, shows the cards that were in the pack when you saw it the first time. Useful when you're trying what colors are the most open and also for those WTF moments (for example: "WTF is this Vanguard of Gawaine still doing here?")"

would fall under the category of "unfair advantage via 3rd party software" ?

or to put it bluntly, not to call people here unethical, cheating.

note: I don't actually know if there is anything against the rules of hex about it. But maybe there should be. Poker already has lots of tools that analyze statistics for you and they have become a problem and sites are starting to ban them.

note 2: I guess if you can't do anything about it anyways then whats the point in saying anything about it -.-

Yoss
08-11-2015, 05:14 PM
HXE could turn off the API at any time if they thought it was a problem. So long as the API exists, they are implying that they support apps like this one.

poptasticboy
08-12-2015, 01:58 AM

"For packs 9-15, shows the cards that were in the pack when you saw it the first time. Useful when you're trying what colors are the most open and also for those WTF moments (for example: "WTF is this Vanguard of Gawaine still doing here?")"

I don't see why - you could always do exactly the same thing by writing the cards down on a piece of paper during the draft so that when they come back round you can see what's gone. It's a memory aid, nothing more.

DocX
08-12-2015, 06:09 AM

To put it bluntly, no, it's not cheating. It's providing more information for people to use when making their decisions. If the game is intended specifically to test memory, then yeah, it's cheating. If memory's not meant to be tested (and I've seen no explicit claim that this is the case for Hex and for Hex drafting specifically) then it's not cheating.

It doesn't make decisions for you, but simply provides you data with which to make your decision. Similarly, I'm not going to decry someone using screen magnification software to be able to read cards better because it also is simply allowing the player to augment their sight to be able to get all the data they need to make a decision, but it's ultimately the player making that decision.

I say this as someone with a crappy memory, I quite enjoy the ability to look at previous pack contents to see what was picked. I'm a rare drafter, so it doesn't have quite the strategic import to me that it would to others, but I'd have no issue with someone else in the draft knowing this information.

FlyingMeatchip
08-12-2015, 10:55 AM
I followed the directions but the app crashes at start-up

Ariathor
08-12-2015, 02:16 PM
I followed the directions but the app crashes at start-up

What OS are you using? Do you get any error messages? Is there a log file in the folder?

Even better, can you upload your whole Draft Analyzer directory somewhere, so I can have a look at it?

Rydavim
08-12-2015, 02:52 PM
This is an amazing program. Would you consider modifying it to work with OSX?

I mostly play on my laptop, and haven't been able to get it to work so far. I'm not experienced with Python, and apparently this is beyond my tinkering skills. Got it running, but I'm missing the menus and can't seem to get the collection to update. Haven't tried drafting with it.

Wonderful on Windows though, thank you!

asdf2000
08-12-2015, 03:20 PM
I don't see why - you could always do exactly the same thing by writing the cards down on a piece of paper during the draft so that when they come back round you can see what's gone. It's a memory aid, nothing more.

I knew someone was going to say this, and I would reply that that would be EXTREMELY difficult to do and then go back over in the amount of time you are given. It's actually a pretty big difference, having to do this manually vs having a program do this instantly.

Yes, it is just a memory aid. But memory is a big part of draft, right? Having a good memory makes you better at it.

Would tools that calculate odds be ok? Since I mean, some people can do the math in their head and some can't. It's just an aid for calculating.

Well, and then, maybe it should tell us what the odds of an opponent having a specific card in their hand is. I mean some people can calculate that but I can't. Just an aid for calculating what is tough for me to figure out.

Actually, maybe I should have a program that just plain tells me what card to play. I mean some people have brains that are fast enough to figure it out on the same level as my program can. Maybe I could too if I really really tried. But, I mean, it's just an aid right?

I honestly don't care because I don't play draft. If I did, I would use this lol. Assuming it isn't against the rules. But I do think that, philosophically speaking, it's not really in the spirit of the game.

Yoss
08-12-2015, 04:18 PM
Would tools that calculate odds be ok? Since I mean, some people can do the math in their head and some can't. It's just an aid for calculating.

Well, and then, maybe it should tell us what the odds of an opponent having a specific card in their hand is. I mean some people can calculate that but I can't. Just an aid for calculating what is tough for me to figure out.
People who play online poker use tools like this constantly. Anyone who doesn't is accepting a handicap.

As for having a program to tell you what card to play, sure, why not? If you can develop an AI good enough for PvP drafting, HXE should hire you to help Chris Woods with PvE.

asdf2000
08-12-2015, 05:48 PM
People who play online poker use tools like this constantly. Anyone who doesn't is accepting a handicap.

As for having a program to tell you what card to play, sure, why not? If you can develop an AI good enough for PvP drafting, HXE should hire you to help Chris Woods with PvE.

Well, most poker players agree that those tools are not within the spirit of the game and the biggest sites have started banning them

FlyingMeatchip
08-12-2015, 09:39 PM
What OS are you using? Do you get any error messages? Is there a log file in the folder?

Even better, can you upload your whole Draft Analyzer directory somewhere, so I can have a look at it?

Windows 7 Ultimate...it says Draft Analyzer has stopped working, and I'm not the most tech savvy and don't know how to do what your asking....after making the change.....the wheels have a lag where it sounds like everything is normal but visually it is froze. Then it visually plays catch-up. Then awards prize, it never did that before.

Ariathor
08-13-2015, 05:04 AM
@Ryvadim

Just to clarify, you know enough to run python scripts on OSX, right? I might be able to help you then. The latest version (3.5) should be usable cross-platform (thanks to the help of LNQ), but you need to make sure you're running it correctly. Make sure you're running it with python3 (might be pre-installed on your system or you might need to install it yourself (https://docs.python.org/3/using/mac.html)) and that you have the appropriate libraries installed (requests (http://www.python-requests.org/en/latest/) and pyglet (https://bitbucket.org/pyglet/pyglet/wiki/Home)). You can easily install libraries using the pip (https://pip.pypa.io/en/stable/)command.

Please let me know how it goes, if you still have problems send me a pm and we will work something out.

@FlyingMeatchip

The easiest way for me to help you is if you upload the whole Draft Analyzer folder onto the cloud (Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive etc.). If you upload it and send me a link I can have a look at it without you having to worry about the technical details.

poptasticboy
08-13-2015, 05:49 AM
Windows 7 Ultimate...it says Draft Analyzer has stopped working, and I'm not the most tech savvy and don't know how to do what your asking....after making the change.....the wheels have a lag where it sounds like everything is normal but visually it is froze. Then it visually plays catch-up. Then awards prize, it never did that before.

The issue with the wheels lagging is an issue with the api - if you remove the api.ini file from the Hex folder the wheels will go back to normal. Of course, Draft Analyzer won't work while the api.ini file is not there.

Ariathor
08-13-2015, 06:37 AM
The issue with the wheels lagging is an issue with the api - if you remove the api.ini file from the Hex folder the wheels will go back to normal. Of course, Draft Analyzer won't work while the api.ini file is not there.

Ups, yeah, forgot to answer that. And you're right, this is an issue with the API and sadly outside my control (the last patch kind of messed more things up than it fixed as far as the API is concerned). What you could do is run the draft analyzer once and then open the api.ini and remove the collection event (and restart hex for the change to take effect). That should remove the lag, but then obviously your collection won't be updated in Draft Analyzer. You will have to re-add collection to the api.ini, restart Hex and log in every time you want to update your collection.

Rydavim
08-14-2015, 01:15 PM
Just wanted to give a public shout out - Thank you, Ariathor, for all your help in getting it working for me on OSX!

This application is awesome, and the guy who wrote it is awesome. :)

Ariathor
08-15-2015, 08:08 AM
Just wanted to give a public shout out - Thank you, Ariathor, for all your help in getting it working for me on OSX!

This application is awesome, and the guy who wrote it is awesome. :)

Thank you, but that's nothing. You should rather thank LNQ who wanted to get it to work on OSX some weeks ago, he was the one who spotted most of the incompatibilities and I just incorporated the necessary changes into the latest version.

elsimer
08-16-2015, 08:42 AM
Exporting your collection to an excel-readable CSV file. Exports your collection adding some extra information for those who like to keep track of it in a spreadsheet. The exported spreadsheet can be found under Collection/My_Collection.csv. When you first open it, if you get receive a list of import options, select comma as the only separator (no spaces or semicolons).

My collection list is only showing 15 cards. The json file seems to show all of them. Why is there a difference? Is the CSV only showing those cards that were sold recently?

LNQ
08-16-2015, 09:25 AM
Thank you, but that's nothing. You should rather thank LNQ who wanted to get it to work on OSX some weeks ago, he was the one who spotted most of the incompatibilities and I just incorporated the necessary changes into the latest version.

Thanks for the mention :) and sorry I vanished before finishing the Mac build, got so much stuff on my plate right now I haven't even been able to rare draft my weekly tickets the past three weeks.

Ariathor
08-16-2015, 10:43 AM
My collection list is only showing 15 cards. The json file seems to show all of them. Why is there a difference? Is the CSV only showing those cards that were sold recently?

That was a problem caused by the convocation cards, good catch. I made a small update, if you download again it should be working now.

@LNQ
No problem, real life always has priority over free side-projects like that. If you ever need to pick up again, latest version should be ready for py2app (only thing I still need to fix is proper logging, there is a problem in the threading module than made it harder than it should be).

LNQ
08-16-2015, 11:09 AM
Ok, I compiled and tested the current version of the Draft Analyzer on Mac, everything seems to be working. I added two files to the repo: Mac icon and setup.py which is required for py2app.

Here is a compiled standalone Mac version of the app. I zipped it to get 10MB off the download, the zip is about 12MB in size. Anyone with a Mac should be able to use this version! Feel free to host it somewhere better if you'd like, not sure how long this dropbox link is functional:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0u6j6wpi9g0ht9u/Draft%20Analyzer%20Mac%20App.zip?dl=0

Yoss
08-17-2015, 12:18 PM
Are there any big Known Issues with this or with the API? Perhaps you could add a Known Issues list in the OP (unless there aren't any)?

Timlagor
08-18-2015, 12:29 PM
Could you go back to version numbers please?
"Master" is fine but doesn't tell me that it hasn't changed since I last looked with the same confidence.

Peseto
08-19-2015, 01:20 AM
Ok, I compiled and tested the current version of the Draft Analyzer on Mac, everything seems to be working. I added two files to the repo: Mac icon and setup.py which is required for py2app.

Here is a compiled standalone Mac version of the app. I zipped it to get 10MB off the download, the zip is about 12MB in size. Anyone with a Mac should be able to use this version! Feel free to host it somewhere better if you'd like, not sure how long this dropbox link is functional:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0u6j6wpi9g0ht9u/Draft%20Analyzer%20Mac%20App.zip?dl=0

I tried it, but all i got was the message "Please update your collection by relogging", even after multiple reloggs. Do I need to do anything else besides unzipping and then running it? Like adding the api.ini file?

LNQ
08-19-2015, 01:23 AM
Peseto, ok, so the application itself is working ok since you got the message. It means that yes, you need to add the api.ini file.

You need to insert the following line to the api.ini:

http://localhost:18888/draft_analyzer|Collection|DraftCardPicked|DraftPac k|GameStarted|GameEnded|SaveDeck

For Mac the best instructions on where to save the api.ini file can be found here:
http://hex.tcgbrowser.com/tools/sync/

Once this is done, when you start Hex and log in with the Draft Analyzer running, the app should give you shortly a new message saying that the collection was successfully updated.

Peseto
08-19-2015, 03:31 AM
Peseto, ok, so the application itself is working ok since you got the message. It means that yes, you need to add the api.ini file.

You need to insert the following line to the api.ini:

For Mac the best instructions on where to save the api.ini file can be found here:
http://hex.tcgbrowser.com/tools/sync/

Once this is done, when you start Hex and log in with the Draft Analyzer running, the app should give you shortly a new message saying that the collection was successfully updated.

Thanks for your help, but I just couldnt get it to work. I created the api.ini (and made sure it is .ini type) file in the correct folder, but it still doesn't update. Just to check where my problem is i tried setting up a hex.tcgbrowser synch, but it's also not working. So i assume there must be a problem with my api.ini file or the directory, but i tripple checked both and can't seem to find an error. (I followed both the instructions from http://hex.tcgbrowser.com/tools/sync/ and also https://github.com/dylannorthrup/hexapidocs/blob/master/01_Setting_Up_The_API.md).

Skirovik
08-19-2015, 05:39 AM
I got an error. When trying to run the draft analyzer. Should I copy/paste the log here or would you rather I give a copy of the log to you somehow?

Timlagor
08-20-2015, 07:52 PM
I'm slightly confused by the whole sync thing.
Do I need the TCGBrowser line as well or does DA forward the info to TCGB anyway making that line redundant (and potentially slowing)?

LNQ
08-23-2015, 01:05 AM
Peseto, something wrong with the api.ini setup then. Did you find the folder described in the instructions without problems?

Timlagor, the DA does not forward the data. So if you want both to work, you need both lines.

Peseto
08-23-2015, 05:08 AM
Peseto, something wrong with the api.ini setup then. Did you find the folder described in the instructions without problems?

Yeah you were right, the api.ini file was not working. I got it to work now by just copying the file from the recources folder.
A quick question: I took a quick look at the api log. How come the json files are not always in the same order? (e.g. sometimes 'Message': 'DraftPack' is at the beginning and other times at the end?

LNQ
08-23-2015, 06:56 AM
Glad you got it to work!

Not sure, I haven't really looked at the data that much, as I just ported the app to Mac. Ariathor / someone who has tinkered with the api more might know better.

Ariathor
08-25-2015, 12:35 PM
Sorry for the delayed answers, just came back from holidays.

@Yoss
Added a known issues list on the main post. I know I'm not the only one getting this lag caused by the API, but I have only see a few other people complain about it, so if people could share their experience that would be helpful (if I get enough complaints I'll try contacting Chris Woods about it)

@Timlagor
You're right, I should be keeping an online changelog somewhere. As a bandaid fix, you can check the latest update date (https://gyazo.com/7aaf27cb6b8c77875b1a2e5e069de3b4) on github.

You can let DA do the syncing by clicking on the syncing button (next to switch colors) and entering your full TCG browser syncing URL (that you find by following the instructions here (http://hex.tcgbrowser.com/tools/sync/). If you use that method you don't need to touch anything at the api.ini file. You can test that it's working correctly by saving a deck in the client (it should also update on Hex TCG browser)

The reason I do that is because API is sometimes a bit buggy (sending double events and such), so I try to filter the data before forwarding it.

@Peseto
Glad you got it to work. The messages are stored exactly how the API sends them. They are in dictionary format (example (http://www.tutorialspoint.com/python/python_dictionary.htm)), so their order doesn't matter (the computer just has to ask "What value is associated with 'event' to get the correct answer, e.g. 'SaveDeck', it doesn't need to know the order of these key-value pairs).

@Skirovik

You can send me the logs via PM or dropbox/google drive/etc. If you give me some more information about your error I might be able to help you.

DocX
08-26-2015, 06:33 AM
@Yoss
Added a known issues list on the main post. I know I'm not the only one getting this lag caused by the API, but I have only see a few other people complain about it, so if people could share their experience that would be helpful (if I get enough complaints I'll try contacting Chris Woods about it)

For my work, the only serious lag I've seen has been during the switch from card picking to deck construction in a Draft. I've not done any Sealed (Gauntlet or Tournaments) so I don't know if there are similar slowdowns with that.

@Timlagor
You're right, I should be keeping an online changelog somewhere. As a bandaid fix, you can check the latest update date (https://gyazo.com/7aaf27cb6b8c77875b1a2e5e069de3b4) on github.

You're too nice. I'm the crotchety type that would say "Read the commit log" ;-) But having a README in the repository to point to is typically a good thing. . . . something I need to do as well sometime soon.

The reason I do that is because API is sometimes a bit buggy (sending double events and such), so I try to filter the data before forwarding it.

I'll need to check out your code to see how you do this. I've been handling it as a stream and trying not to have *too* much state, but I've definitely seen repeats of the same message (especially with CardUpdates in the "in play" zone or "Champion" zone).

And, while I'm not a user of your program, I am thankful there are others out there banging on the API as well. Having a diverse culture of apps out there using the API is a very good thing.

Ariathor
08-27-2015, 03:07 PM
For my work, the only serious lag I've seen has been during the switch from card picking to deck construction in a Draft. I've not done any Sealed (Gauntlet or Tournaments) so I don't know if there are similar slowdowns with that.

Yes, this is it. For some reason, collection are send with 0.5-1 second delay between them, so instead of having the problem fixed with the Overwrite/Update patch, the delays are about the same as before AoM patch, maybe even worse (since now even chest rolls make the client hang for 0.5-1 second).

You're too nice. I'm the crotchety type that would say "Read the commit log" ;-) But having a README in the repository to point to is typically a good thing. . . . something I need to do as well sometime soon.

I admit that was my first instinct... but the truth is I don't plan on making too many updates (I dislike set3 drafts quite a lot) and I thought might as well get used to proper procedure if I do decide to make a further update.

I'll need to check out your code to see how you do this. I've been handling it as a stream and trying not to have *too* much state, but I've definitely seen repeats of the same message (especially with CardUpdates in the "in play" zone or "Champion" zone).

I used to filter out collection events (to get rid of the old collection spam), but that got fixed. Instead, I noticed a rare bug (I was made aware to it by bogycoins), where all DraftPack and DraftCardPicked events are duplicated. I don't know what triggers it and a restart seems to fix it, but right now I'm comparing all messages to the previous one and discarding them if their identical (except for collection events). I ignore in-game events, since I don't know anything useful to do with them right now.

I also saw your thread, it's always nice seeing more applications using the API, it's already quite impressive I think for the (relatively) small community that hex has.

Timlagor
08-27-2015, 07:54 PM
Another question: were do the prices come from and why are they (sometimes) different when added to the draft total?

..I don't remember what the numbers were now but possibly the draft total is subtracting 31 (/11/4) even from the ones that are off the floor.

DocX
08-28-2015, 07:55 AM
Yes, this is it. For some reason, collection are send with 0.5-1 second delay between them, so instead of having the problem fixed with the Overwrite/Update patch, the delays are about the same as before AoM patch, maybe even worse (since now even chest rolls make the client hang for 0.5-1 second).

Yeah, something we might want to mention on the API thread (I'll post there if I have time to before my next meeting). Maybe Chris can take a look to see if there's something unintended going on there with Update Collection events.

I used to filter out collection events (to get rid of the old collection spam), but that got fixed. Instead, I noticed a rare bug (I was made aware to it by bogycoins), where all DraftPack and DraftCardPicked events are duplicated. I don't know what triggers it and a restart seems to fix it, but right now I'm comparing all messages to the previous one and discarding them if their identical (except for collection events). I ignore in-game events, since I don't know anything useful to do with them right now.

I saw this last night in a Draft. Don't know if it just started happening for me or that I'm now looking for it. Either way, the "keep a copy of the last event and discard any duplicates" seems a reasonable fix. I'll see about getting that into my next version.

I also saw your thread, it's always nice seeing more applications using the API, it's already quite impressive I think for the (relatively) small community that hex has.

Indeed! The more the merrier! I know I'm not the smartest guy in the room by any stretch of the imagination, and it's good to see what other folks are doing so I can copy.... er... learn from their experience ;-)

Ariathor
08-29-2015, 10:19 AM
Another question: were do the prices come from and why are they (sometimes) different when added to the draft total?

..I don't remember what the numbers were now but possibly the draft total is subtracting 31 (/11/4) even from the ones that are off the floor.

Prices are in 14-day median, unless there are less than 5 sales in the last 14-days, in which case it's all time median. You need to set trimprices to true in the config.ini to ignore low value cards (and that's only for the total draft value - they still show up next to the card itself)

@DocX

This must be a curse, I also had it happen right after bogycoins mentioned it to me (although tbh it had happened once a long time ago, but I had almost forgotten it). I send a PM to Chris Woods, hopefully he reads it and he might have a look into it if he has time.

Timlagor
08-29-2015, 02:05 PM
Perhaps I wasn't clear
I have trimprices set to true
I am getting different numbers in draft total from the number next to the card (not just adding 0 for the cheap cards but adding a different number for premium cards from that displayed)

It may be (erroneously) subtracting the floor from the draft total but I didn't think of that until I'd closed the window.

Archivarius
08-31-2015, 01:14 AM
This tool should be banned because it gives an unfair advantage against other player.

DocX
08-31-2015, 06:55 AM
This tool should be banned because it gives an unfair advantage against other player.

Everyone has access to the tool. How is that unfair?

This is simple memory augmentation. Some people have amazing memories, some people have crappy memories. Do we ban glasses as well because it helps people whose vision is bad?

Yoss
08-31-2015, 09:45 AM
More to the point, so long as the API exists, it is impossible to prevent people from having and using tools like this. So all complaints should be directed to the Hex API thread, not this thread.

CoS
08-31-2015, 10:03 AM
Any chance the API could be incorporated into an iOS app? I'd love to work over and value my collection via my phone.

Yoss
08-31-2015, 10:08 AM
Generic questions about the API should go here:
http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=40975

DocX
09-01-2015, 05:46 AM
Any chance the API could be incorporated into an iOS app? I'd love to work over and value my collection via my phone.

Generic questions about the API should go here:
http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=40975

And I'll be responding over there to your question, CoS....

Ariathor
09-01-2015, 08:28 AM
Perhaps I wasn't clear
I have trimprices set to true
I am getting different numbers in draft total from the number next to the card (not just adding 0 for the cheap cards but adding a different number for premium cards from that displayed)

It may be (erroneously) subtracting the floor from the draft total but I didn't think of that until I'd closed the window.

I'm not exactly sure what the error could be, it's working fine for me. If you notice it again and can give me more information on when this happens I can have a look at it.

Archivarius
09-04-2015, 12:38 AM
Just for future reference that anyone who gonna use this tool is breaking TOS of HEX:

I would like to hear your official position on third party tool: "New application: Draft Analyzer (Beta)".

It is clear that this tool gives an unfair advantage against other players during the draft. One of this tool features:
'For packs 9-15, shows the cards that were in the pack when you saw it the first time'

Thank you for contacting HEX Customer Support. I would like to kindly inform you that mentioned application is not supported by Hex, and would not be allowed in any HexEnt run in-person tournaments, as it is against the "Terms and Conditions" of the game.

Zophie
09-04-2015, 09:13 AM
Just for future reference that anyone who gonna use this tool is breaking TOS of HEX:

I would like to hear your official position on third party tool: "New application: Draft Analyzer (Beta)".

It is clear that this tool gives an unfair advantage against other players during the draft. One of this tool features:
'For packs 9-15, shows the cards that were in the pack when you saw it the first time'

Thank you for contacting HEX Customer Support. I would like to kindly inform you that mentioned application is not supported by Hex, and would not be allowed in any HexEnt run in-person tournaments, as it is against the "Terms and Conditions" of the game.

You realize that this information could just as easily be written down on a piece of paper by the player, and that this API program doesn't give any secret information that anyone else wouldn't also be able to know without this? This is client facing information provided by the API built into the game by HXE and this doesn't give any other information to players that they don't already have available with the client itself.

It's clear that GF support and HXE might not be on the same page here, but I really don't see a problem with any of this.

nicosharp
09-04-2015, 10:19 AM

LOL....
Oh my god, these forums are too much entertainment value.

edit:
Just for clarity - Packs 9-15 = Picks 9-15 - Which really means packs 1-7. You already saw the cards in the pack. Even in competitive paper TCGs, if you have the time to jot down/record the cards in each pack as you are passed them, you are not cheating.

Hieronymous
09-04-2015, 10:32 AM
I think technically speaking ALL third party apps break the TOS. If nothing else, the continued existence of this thread on the general forum indicates that use of the app isn't a problem.

Zophie
09-04-2015, 11:02 AM
Well, think of it this way, these apps don't actually interact with the game client at all. The API that HXE built into the client sends this information out on purpose (if you enable it with instructions provided by HXE) and you can catch the information to do any number of things with it. None of the information is private or something a player can't see on their own using the default client. There's no data mining here or hacking or anything of that nature. Every single piece of data the API provides could also be written down or memorized by someone with an eidetic memory. Also why provide an API function in the client if we can not use it? What would be the point of that?

Another thing to consider is how they worded that response. The phrase "that mentioned application is not supported by Hex" is pretty standard boilerplate. They obviously won't support someone else's software, so if it breaks your computer or gives you a virus or whatever that's your fault and they won't help you with that. No problem here. The next phrase is interesting too: "and would not be allowed in any HexEnt run in-person tournaments" - It sounds like they're just saying if you're at an official live event in person, like at GenCon or some other live venue then you wouldn't be allowed to use such tools while participating, and that's pretty fair, I wouldn't expect them to let us install a bunch of crap on their computers for the tournaments.

So yeah, I really doubt this is anything to be concerned about. If they end up deciding they won't allow this information to be available through the API I'm sure they'd just remove it altogether.

Timlagor
09-11-2015, 02:43 PM
Done another draft at last.

Here's a copy&paste of the start. I can't make any sense of the value numbers.

"Total Draft Value: 128
Card Picked: Mindpyre

Pack 1, Pick 2(6 cards wheel)

Mindpyre-0 Price:42
Brightmoon Totem-2 Price:11

<snip>

Total Draft Value: 78
Card Picked: Wakuna Crowfeather

Pack 1, Pick 1(7 cards wheel)

Wakuna Crowfeather-1 Price:63
Ghost Feather-4 Price:11"

DocX
09-11-2015, 05:53 PM
Content deleted. For some reason I was thinking this was my tool. DOH!

Ariathor
09-15-2015, 04:25 AM
Done another draft at last.

Here's a copy&paste of the start. I can't make any sense of the value numbers.

"Total Draft Value: 128
Card Picked: Mindpyre

Pack 1, Pick 2(6 cards wheel)

Mindpyre-0 Price:42
Brightmoon Totem-2 Price:11

<snip>

Total Draft Value: 78
Card Picked: Wakuna Crowfeather

Pack 1, Pick 1(7 cards wheel)

Wakuna Crowfeather-1 Price:63
Ghost Feather-4 Price:11"

I think I found the problem. Card prices are updated in the background when you start the application, but they are not updated when calculating the total draft value. So in your example, Wakuna Crowfeather's 14-day median was 63 the day you drafted him, but the last time you launched draft analyzer it was 78. As crazy as this sounds fixing this isn't obvious , so I'll keep this in mind if I ever release a new version (possibly if I like set 4 more than set 3 and come back to Hex). In the meantime, I'm sorry, but I can't fix it right now.

A quick workaround that you could try if this really annoys you would be to launch Draft Analyzer for a few minutes so it can update the stats and then re-launch it when you start the draft.

Timlagor
09-18-2015, 08:20 PM
Thanks for the explanation. It'll be a lot less bothersome now I know the cause :)

I'm hoping drafting will be a lot more interesting once set 4 comes and we are drafting both sets.

Yoss
09-18-2015, 09:46 PM
I really like Set 3 Limited. Much more than Set 2. To each his own, I guess.

magicrules
11-23-2015, 04:46 PM
Is this being updated anymore?

Xintrosi
11-29-2015, 02:22 PM
Don't use it until it's updated, the amount of time it took to update at the end of the draft forced me to restart my computer. Ended up missing the actual tournament. Glad I was only rare drafting.

DocX
11-29-2015, 04:34 PM
Don't use it until it's updated, the amount of time it took to update at the end of the draft forced me to restart my computer. Ended up missing the actual tournament. Glad I was only rare drafting.

I don't know what might be causing that. I know with my draft tool, I get a ~30 second pause after a draft finishes before I can begin deck construction, but nothing that should cause a computer to lock up. I haven't looked at Ariathor's code, so I'm not positive, but it's possible he's trying to make use of the card API provided by (insert name of awesome person here because I can't think of it off the top of my head and am only online a minute before the family yells at me) and that's slowing down the process.

I'd suggest PM'ing Ariathor with information about the problem and see if he/she's got any idea what's up and whether the tool is being actively maintained. If it's not, I've got a suggestion for an alternative, but only if Ariathor's given up working on his/her tool.

Yoss
11-30-2015, 07:09 PM
Didn't Ariathor post that he's abandoned this, at least for now?

DocX
12-01-2015, 07:18 AM
Didn't Ariathor post that he's abandoned this, at least for now?

If that's the case, I'd suggest checking out my API parser at http://doc-x.net/hex/hexapi.html . There are download options for Windows and OS X (it's written in Go, so offering multiple versions is trivial). It's what I use when drafting to keep track of card value as well as which cards I have least of in my collection. It also logs game information while playing and can make a CSV file for your collection.

If that's not the case, Ariathor, let me know and I'll edit/delete this post.

Ariathor
12-03-2015, 05:16 PM
I've been taking a break from Hex, so there won't be any updates in the immediate future, unless I like set 4. One of the main reasons (besides me not liking set 3) is the API bug, that makes the game irresponsive for 30s-5min every time multiple cards get added to your collection at the same time (i.e. end of drafting phase/start of sealed). This is something that was outside of my control It's not something caused by Draft Analyzer, just by having the API enabled.

If this has been fixed please let me know and I'll take a look (I didn't see anything mentioned in the API thread though, so I doubt it). Draft Analyzer most likely shouldn't be causing your gameto crash (if anything, draft analyzer would crash, but the game should be unaffected).

As far as I know, Draft Analyzer should still be working (except for the aforementioned bug), I might re-install Hex one of these days to test it. That being said, I would recommend using other tools (like DocX's API parser) if they are more up-to-date and have the features that you want.

EDIT: Is something wrong with the API thread? It doesn't seem locked, but I can't reply to it (text box is greyed out).

Yoss
12-03-2015, 06:30 PM
Is something wrong with the API thread? It doesn't seem locked, but I can't reply to it (text box is greyed out).

Seems open and working to me.

Timlagor
12-04-2015, 01:12 PM
The API does indeed still cause this hang. For Sealed I fix it by reloading as that's considerably quicker. The Draft hang is not so bad (half as many cards but it seems less than half the time so maybe it's done some of the work already by that point)

Ariathor
12-05-2015, 06:40 AM
The API does indeed still cause this hang. For Sealed I fix it by reloading as that's considerably quicker. The Draft hang is not so bad (half as many cards but it seems less than half the time so maybe it's done some of the work already by that point)

The reason sealed is so bad, is there is an API event for EVERY single shard.

Timlagor
01-04-2016, 01:24 PM
This was very useful until the 17 card packs. Can that be fixed easily?

If not is there a decent alternative?

I tried DocX's app but only the most expensive card isn't all that useful most of the time and it seems to think Rotting Buffalo are worth 177p. (it also gets upset that I'm running 0.6 instead of 0.5)

bogycoins
01-04-2016, 04:01 PM
I guess it can be fixed quite easy, just a matter of switching 15 to 17 :)

In the meanwhile you can check the draft monitor from tcgbrowser. Its basically the same thing just in a web page. You can find info here on how to set it up http://hex.tcgbrowser.com/tools/sync/. It also records the packs and picks for posterity.

Timlagor
01-04-2016, 08:55 PM
Ah yes. I used tcgbrowser before this one but the site was down when I posted earlier. Going to be better than DOCX's though. Only pricing the cards it likes kills its value for me and counting all the floor-price cards for value makes that number worthless too.

DocX
01-05-2016, 08:15 AM
This was very useful until the 17 card packs. Can that be fixed easily?

If not is there a decent alternative?

I tried DocX's app but only the most expensive card isn't all that useful most of the time and it seems to think Rotting Buffalo are worth 177p. (it also gets upset that I'm running 0.6 instead of 0.5)

The prices are determined by what I get from the Auction House dumps. Looking at the last couple of weeks of Auction House data for the Rotting Buffalo, there are three auctions for platinum for the dear Buffalo. Two of them are for 4 Plat and the other is for 525 Plat. Given the low number of auctions, the reported value for Rotting Buffalo is skewed at the moment. I don't know of a good way to throw out outliers in the case where there are so few reported sales (an interesting discussion in and of itself, IMO, but one for another time and place) so in this case the Buffalo's price gets overreported. The same thing is the case over at hexsales.net for our rotting friend as shown in this screenshot of the Rotting Buffalo pricing page (http://hexsales.net/#/cards/Rotting%20Buffalo):

http://i.imgur.com/hPQZtuA.png

As always, the pricing information is a guide. Caveat emptor ;-)

Ah yes. I used tcgbrowser before this one but the site was down when I posted earlier. Going to be better than DOCX's though. Only pricing the cards it likes kills its value for me and counting all the floor-price cards for value makes that number worthless too.

Sincere thanks for the feedback. Since I work on a development branch of the code most of the time, I am always happy to hear any time someone is using the program.

I apologize for the issues related to the version. That's a case of a dev version creeping into the build before it should have. I've bumped the release version up to 0.7, updated the downloadable versions right now to take care of that and will be more diligent about those version mismatches in the future.

I feel your pain about only getting information about the "best" card in each category. I made a fix in the dev branch several days ago to give count, plat and gold pricing for each card in the deck. With the bump in version to 0.7, I'm putting that in the release so you should see summary information for each card in each draft pack. Please let me know what you think about it (either here, in the thread for my API parser (http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=45658), via PM here on the forums on in-game (my IGN is 'Dylan')).

If you've got any additional feedback, good or bad, let me know! It's awesome to know I'm not the only one using this thing I wrote to help me rare draft ;-)

Yoss
01-05-2016, 10:43 AM
Dylan, why not use Median instead of Average? That would then put the buffalo at its proper 4p value, at least in this case.

DocX
01-05-2016, 12:33 PM
Dylan, why not use Median instead of Average? That would then put the buffalo at its proper 4p value, at least in this case.

I've had this window open for an hour or so going from "Why would I use Median? It doesn't eliminate the problem in a few corner cases. Yoss is such a pain." to "If only those corner cases would go away. We just need more AH volume so things are fine" to "Hey, here's a good statistics page about the IQR method I use to get rid of outliers" to "Well, damn, I have to admit Yoss is right. Guess I'll fix the data and re-generate my price lists. I hate it when Yoss is right."

I'm now using the median instead of the average for small price data sets (9 sales or less within the valid window) and, to make the output better I use the integer average two middle values of the sorted set if there are an even number of values, otherwise I simply return the middle value of the sorted set.

Thanks for being right, Yoss :-)

https://epilab.ich.ucl.ac.uk/coursematerial/statistics/summarising_centre_spread/measures_spread/comparing%20measures%20of%20spread.html

Timlagor
01-05-2016, 02:09 PM
I still like the colours from Draft Analyser but looking forward to seeing 0.7 :-) [taking it to the other thread since I didn't realise there was one]

Yoss
01-05-2016, 06:02 PM
I've had this window open for an hour or so going from "Yoss is such a pain." to "Well, damn, I have to admit Yoss is right. I hate it when Yoss is right." Thanks for being right, Yoss :-)

If I had a quote board, I'd put this on it. :)

At the risk of continuing to be right, you may want to do the central average when you have an EVEN number of samples and the central value for ODD quantities. (I assume that is, in fact, what you're doing and your post is just a typo.)

DocX
01-06-2016, 07:32 AM
If I had a quote board, I'd put this on it. :)

At the risk of continuing to be right, you may want to do the central average when you have an EVEN number of samples and the central value for ODD quantities. (I assume that is, in fact, what you're doing and your post is just a typo.)

Long day. Brain fart. I was doing the write thing and had simply written the wrong thing. Corrected.