PDA

View Full Version : Armies of Myth Launch Postponed

Pages : [1] 2 3

BlueAvocado
07-13-2015, 11:10 AM
Hello everyone,

I am sorry for bringing you the news so close to the announced launch date but we are going to have to postpone. There are a few bugs that we still want to address including a fairly big memory leak that does not allow us to launch on July 14th. We will be launching Armies of Myth as soon as we can after the bug is fixed so I can't give you an exact day or time yet. If we have a perfect day today then that could be as soon as tomorrow but I consider that rather unlikely. The better bet is that we will be ready next week. Thanks for your patience and we will update when we have new confirmed information.

-Chris Lena

nicosharp
07-13-2015, 11:12 AM
http://pixel.nymag.com/imgs/daily/vulture/2012/04/10/10_vanderbeek-cryface.w215.h143.2x.jpg

bwarner
07-13-2015, 11:12 AM
Sad, but also understandable. Do what you have to do to make it a solid release.

ziggarius
07-13-2015, 11:13 AM
Ouch, that's rough D: Hope the bug gets fixed asap then.

hakeswill
07-13-2015, 11:14 AM
Poor Dawson. Thanks for the info. Hurry hurry hurry!

Mike411
07-13-2015, 11:14 AM
I'm totally ok with this. I do want more 2/2/1 drafts. :)

PhoenixMD
07-13-2015, 11:15 AM
http://i.imgur.com/kap6Tki.png

Malekith
07-13-2015, 11:16 AM
Thanks for the update Chris. Better to get the release as right as possible the first time. Keep squishing the bugs!

ossuary
07-13-2015, 11:18 AM
Better to take the time to fix a major bug like that, which would affect lots of users, then have a bad launch experience. Here's hoping you guys can get it worked out quickly! I'm sure we'll be enjoying those horrible, terrifying spiderlings in no time. :)

DocX
07-13-2015, 11:19 AM
Better to get it right than to get it quick.

Saeijou
07-13-2015, 11:22 AM
they shouldnt have announced it in the first place :D

x78089
07-13-2015, 11:22 AM
Ohh the humanity!!! This hurts, but if it would have hurt the play experience it makes sense to delay.

cavench
07-13-2015, 11:24 AM
Please open up the test server in the meantime, it'll ease the pain.

Kaiba_Graysoul
07-13-2015, 11:24 AM
Man after the charity stream I was so hyped but it actually works better for me

Mandalore
07-13-2015, 11:25 AM
/Single Tear

majin
sad but understandable. gambate hex team

Xenavire
they shouldnt have announced it in the first place :D

Based on what we heard in the charity stream, they discovered the memory leak kind of last minute. It's likely that everything was in fairly good shape but the leak is just something that has to be fixed.

As an aside, what does this mean for the release weekend? If it is postponed, will it land alongside VIP or during Gencon? Just curious if this is going to be an issue or not. :)

nicosharp
07-13-2015, 11:26 AM
If this delay happens to go until next week - which is perfectly okay - Could you guys do an extended Release Celebration?

Some folks planned their time accordingly, and now the Release Celeb may conflict with the VIP tournaments. Would be nice to have a little extra time so us whales can grind out our candy.

<3 you all and know this is for the best. My computer has already leaked enough memory that I've installed a urinal underneath.

Zubrin
07-13-2015, 11:27 AM
If this delay happens to go until next week - which is perfectly okay - Could you guys do an extended Release Celebration?

Some folks planned their time accordingly, and now the Release Celeb may conflict with the VIP tournaments. Would be nice to have a little extra time so us whales can grind out our candy.

<3 you all and know this is for the best. My computer has already leaked enough memory that I've installed a urinal underneath.

You know, if you get that saturday ban lifted...

Thrawn
07-13-2015, 11:28 AM
This is why you plan days off work binge playing and such for the week or so AFTER a major release, not the day of. :p

nicosharp
07-13-2015, 11:28 AM
You know, if you get that saturday ban lifted...
I was watching the stream while you were on it, and showed my wife who you were, and that you would write her a letter. She said she may find that amusing.

Hiddenshadow
07-13-2015, 11:34 AM
I am not crying inside because of the delay (well i am) but if the release weekend becomes next weekend because of it i'll become an absolute puddle of tears (not literally) as it is the one weekend of the entire year i'll be camping with family and I will be miles and miles away from a working computer that can handle hex. It will be a very sad release weekend for me :/ gl getting it fixed ASAP

MasterN64
07-13-2015, 11:35 AM

I support this idea. Especially since i already opened my remaining set 1 and 2 packs.

LNQ
07-13-2015, 11:36 AM
Why is it possible to be done tomorrow, but more likely next week? What's wrong with this week's thursday for instance? :)

Poetic
07-13-2015, 11:36 AM
Damn, that's rough. My hype level was pretty high. Guess I get another week to play Rocket League.

Cirouss
07-13-2015, 11:37 AM
Me sad. Much tears. Many wow.

Kinda expected it though :P But I now thought everything will be alright! Anyway understandable.

Sparrow
07-13-2015, 11:38 AM
Ah, shoot, I'm going to be on vacation next week (if that's when the launch will be). I've always made fun of people who plan their schedules around TCG's and then whine about it when dates change, but in this one instance, I purposely scheduled my trip to be after release week. Frackin' karma...I deserve it.

Metronomy
07-13-2015, 11:38 AM
A single bug can be hard to find but easy to squish...i gues thats the case here...(it could also be hard to find and hard to squish)

It's quite crushing news of course. Right after the stream marathon the hype facto was pushed to max so the dissapointment factor is also max.

Gwaer
07-13-2015, 11:40 AM
This just goes to show the old adage holds true. Never trust blue food.

spankydonkey
:(really?

Thrawn
A single bug can be hard to find but easy to squish...i gues thats the case here...(it could also be hard to find and hard to squish)

It's quite crushing news of course. Right after the stream marathon the hype facto was pushed to max so the dissapointment factor is also max.

99 bugs in the code.
Take one down, patch it around.
123 bugs in the code.

Or however that saying goes. :p

Poetic
07-13-2015, 11:41 AM
Why is it possible to be done tomorrow, but more likely next week? What's wrong with this week's thursday for instance? :)

It's like when you call out at work, and you tell your boss if you feel better you might come in later. Just to give that hope and make the call easier :P

Mandalore
07-13-2015, 11:43 AM
I checked the date... Its not April 1st... Darn!

Kurasa
07-13-2015, 11:52 AM
Unfortunate but totally understandable. Take the time you need to get everything ironed out.

I like the idea of an extended release celebration as well. If the celebration weekend gets pushed back a week I'm going to have a hard time participating. (Pretty sure my girlfriend doesn't want me playing Hex all day on her birthday. ;))

HitoZ
07-13-2015, 11:53 AM
I have work tomorrow, and was a sad panda, then i found this thread and was a bit happier since i won't be missing the launch. Sorry fot the rest of you that were looking forward to the patch.

Warrender
07-13-2015, 11:54 AM
Hmmm, does this mean the Ruby Cup might be sans set 3? That would probably be better IMO.

EntropyBall
07-13-2015, 11:54 AM
Disappointing for me, as this is the only weekend in the next 3 that I can actually play. Gotta do what you gotta do though.

Aradon
07-13-2015, 11:56 AM
Question, is the arena gold bonus going to extend until the patch does hit, since it says until the servers come down for Armies of Myth?

I could definitely use more time farming arena and hunting Uruunaz.

Zophie
07-13-2015, 11:57 AM
http://i.imgur.com/GsfFq1E.gif

Redbeastmage
07-13-2015, 12:01 PM
I am not crying inside because of the delay (well i am) but if the release weekend becomes next weekend because of it i'll become an absolute puddle of tears (not literally) as it is the one weekend of the entire year i'll be camping with family and I will be miles and miles away from a working computer that can handle hex. It will be a very sad release weekend for me :/ gl getting it fixed ASAP

My summer vacation to an anime con that weekend, totally feel your pain. Hopefully its a very short delay.

Hmmm, does this mean the Ruby Cup might be sans set 3? That would probably be better IMO.

Oh man, there goes my interest in the Ruby Cup if so. I love the idea of a fresh format to play in. So many tears.

Gwaer
07-13-2015, 12:02 PM

Maybe they'll delay the ruby cup until the day after set 3 releases, whenever that ends up being.

Xenavire
07-13-2015, 12:05 PM
Maybe they'll delay the ruby cup until the day after set 3 releases, whenever that ends up being.

It's a tough one. I know that when people requested it be moved to a different weekend to accommodate players wanting to take part in the release celebration, they said that they really didn't want to postpone because it sets a bad precedent, and could lead to two events having to be held on back to back weekends.

My gut says that Ruby cup will happen, set 3 or not, but I would be interested to see how Fiveshards reacts.

Gwaer
07-13-2015, 12:07 PM
I doubt they'll delay, but it's a huge blow to my enjoyment of the tournament. =/

Poetic
07-13-2015, 12:07 PM
My guess would be the Ruby cup continues as planned.

Kayas42
07-13-2015, 12:08 PM

What if set 3 gets delayed?

Then the tournament format will be set 1 + set 2 constructed. The prizes will also be in set 1/set 2 packs.

from the Ruby Cup Post

Zubrin
07-13-2015, 12:08 PM

Yes, as per the write up, if the set is not out this week, it is sans set 3. I have talked to Tecnophi and the prizes will still be in set 3 boosters, it will just take us a few days to give you all the prizes instead of immediately like we normally do.

Kaiba_Graysoul
07-13-2015, 12:11 PM
i dont think they would change anything

Gwaer
Yes, as per the write up, if the set is not out this week, it is sans set 3. I have talked to Tecnophi and the prizes will still be in set 3 boosters, it will just take us a few days to give you all the prizes instead of immediately like we normally do.

Whelp, I do still need set 3 boosters... So I'll see you guys in the ruby cup =P

Poetic
That's pretty generous of Tecnopi, wish I could force myself to enjoy/play this meta.

Xenavire

Surprisingly, this change might be good news for the cup, since there will be a few more people able to attend (given that the release event may be postponed.) I, for one, will likely be more than happy to join if the release event won't happen this weekend, when I was originally not planning to.

So its a double edged sword of sorts - both good and bad.

Kayas42
Now that's pretty cool.

Thanks for the update Zubrin! :)

Zubrin
07-13-2015, 12:18 PM
Surprisingly, this change might be good news for the cup, since there will be a few more people able to attend (given that the release event may be postponed.) I, for one, will likely be more than happy to join if the release event won't happen this weekend, when I was originally not planning to.

So its a double edged sword of sorts - both good and bad.

This is certainly true. In a perfect world, I want set 3 tomorrow - our numbers would decline for this cup, but having set 3 out is far more important. Part of the reason we are stalwart in our schedule, beyond having very busy people help run the tournament and setting our schedules months in advance, is that there was a possibility that this could happen and, if it did, this weekend would be the worst if the ruby cup were not happening.

DrakarT
07-13-2015, 12:19 PM
Well... What about making videos about cards with equipment as the ones on shattered destiny to keep the hype up?

Resand
07-13-2015, 12:23 PM
Nooo!!! I'm away next week. No release celebration drafts for me then :(

And I was so happy that I just made it in time.

joshkrow
07-13-2015, 12:24 PM
Bump the gold up in the arena another 50% until it launches and you'll get no complaints from me!

nicosharp
07-13-2015, 12:24 PM
Bump the gold up in the arena another 50% until it launches and you'll get no complaints from me!

nah, just make it 100% Uruunaz encounter week! :)

Selanius
07-13-2015, 12:26 PM
Noooooooooo!

/tears

thegreybetween
07-13-2015, 12:29 PM
nah, just make it 100% Uruunaz encounter week! :)

Or just make July 14th Uruunaz Day, with a 24-hour substantial boost in his spawn rate. Hype restored ;)

elfstone
07-13-2015, 12:31 PM
Or just make July 14th Uruunaz Day, with a 24-hour substantial boost in his spawn rate. Hype restored ;)

oooh I approve this :)

Xenavire
07-13-2015, 12:33 PM
there was a possibility that this could happen and, if it did, this weekend would be the worst if the ruby cup were not happening.

This makes me feel warm and fuzzy. You guys truly care about the community.

shocker455
07-13-2015, 12:38 PM
As for people saying to extend the release week event If it comes out next week. Unlikely to happen because gencon is the week after (with gencon prices in game)

Mundo
07-13-2015, 12:38 PM
This is the pattern with every single launch Hex has had since the beginning, so it's unfortunately not unexpected.

Cernz
07-13-2015, 12:39 PM
Buh :( but im fine with that.

Koz
07-13-2015, 12:44 PM
So will the AA commons still be pulled from the store tomorrow? Or will they be offered until the patch goes live? Also, like others, I'm also interested if the gold boost is going to stay active until the patch goes live.

Xenavire
07-13-2015, 12:45 PM
This is the pattern with every single launch Hex has had since the beginning, so it's unfortunately not unexpected.

Considering we only have had a single set launch (set 1 was just beta launch), it is hardly a pattern. :p And set 2, once it was moved to December, actually came out perfectly and with only a handful of bugs, which would have been the case this time had it not been for the memory leak (or so it seems, I don't want to say I know the exact reasons in case I am wrong!)

So this is a disappointing turn of events and, considering game development in general, not all that surprising, but its certainly not a pattern. ;)

thegreybetween
07-13-2015, 12:53 PM
...And set 2, once it was moved to December, actually came out perfectly...

To be fair, Set 2 was bumped to November and dropped on November 32nd to keep the promise. "Perfectly" might be a little generous. That said, I agree with your sentiment - They are getting much better in their communicated estimates, but still have a few growing pains to iron out.

Mundo
07-13-2015, 12:53 PM
Considering we only have had a single set launch (set 1 was just beta launch), it is hardly a pattern. :p And set 2, once it was moved to December, actually came out perfectly and with only a handful of bugs, which would have been the case this time had it not been for the memory leak (or so it seems, I don't want to say I know the exact reasons in case I am wrong!)

So this is a disappointing turn of events and, considering game development in general, not all that surprising, but its certainly not a pattern. ;)

Well, the original launch of Beta itself was also delayed even if we did have the Kickstarter access to Alpha prior. 3 items is usually all a person needs to see and mark a pattern. I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised with the next release, that's for sure.

Xenavire
07-13-2015, 01:01 PM
Yeah, I am well aware the initial estimate for set 2 was pretty far off, but once they nailed it down they got very close - and the same is true here, they got very close. And I was only talking about set releases - other patches have gone even better. :p

Kaiba_Graysoul
07-13-2015, 01:02 PM
its actually really nice to c the community not having a flip out, i love you guys :D

Xenavire
07-13-2015, 01:06 PM
its actually really nice to c the community not having a flip out, i love you guys :D

Indeed, its great. It must be all the goodwill following the charity stream! Apparently no amount of salt could hold back the happy. :D

IndigoShade
07-13-2015, 01:13 PM
This is disappointing news, but as much as I would like see set 3 asap, we need you guys alive to make set 4. Don't kill yourselves frantically scrambling to fix things, please? We lub joo!

nicosharp
07-13-2015, 01:14 PM
Apparently no amount of salt could hold back the harpy. :D

fixed.

Diesbudt
07-13-2015, 01:18 PM

#tableflip

Better?

poizonous
07-13-2015, 01:24 PM
Im trying to refrain from being really pissed off because i really didn't expect this after the interviews this weekend, and was hoping once to have something happen with no hitch. But that being said it was likely to happen which is disappointing

Xenavire
07-13-2015, 01:25 PM
fixed.

Ok, you got me, I am giggling like an idiot. Nicely done :D

magic_gazz
07-13-2015, 01:26 PM

Big thanks to Technophi for this one.

ShadowIronblood
07-13-2015, 01:27 PM
so some how April 1st strikes in july...ive heard of Xmas in july but this is kinda pushing it no? lol Any news if we still get EA and Chest opening even without the set 3 update? plus now we have more time to farm with that 50% bonus, yes ;)

Xenavire
07-13-2015, 01:29 PM
so some how April 1st strikes in july...ive heard of Xmas in july but this is kinda pushing it no? lol Any news if we still get EA and Chest opening even without the set 3 update? plus now we have more time to farm with that 50% bonus, yes ;)

There is no way they could push select features without the entire patch, so I can say now that chest opening and EA earlier than the rest is simply out of the question.

Gwaer
07-13-2015, 01:30 PM
Be careful guys. If we look too reasonable they'll start dropping bombshells. I may have to switch to being a heel this season.

LNQ
07-13-2015, 01:32 PM
I'm gutted with the delay but am not prone to outrages online.

Xenavire
07-13-2015, 01:34 PM
Be careful guys. If we look too reasonable they'll start dropping bombshells. I may have to switch to being a heel this season.

You? A heel? Pffft, not a chance. (You would be the most loved Heel, so it wouldn't count. :))

Phenteo
07-13-2015, 01:36 PM
Some FAQ

1.) Will Release Celebration dates change?
Release Celebration dates will shift if the launch does not happen this week.

2.) Will the AAs in the store that are purchasable by Gold remain in the store until tomorrow or patch?
They will remain in the store until patch.

3.) Is the extended 50% gold increase in Arena going to stay?
We will keep the 50% gold increase in Arena for a little while longer. :)

Selanius
07-13-2015, 01:37 PM
Thanks Phenteo!

ShadowIronblood
07-13-2015, 01:40 PM
woot Thanks Phenteo! more time to farm for Chests and EA!! gotta go find me a dragon

Xenavire
07-13-2015, 01:43 PM
Some FAQ

2.) Will the AAs in the store that are purchasable by Gold remain in the store until tomorrow or patch?

Just to cover bases - IF (and thats a big IF) the release event would be on the same weekend as VIP or the Gencon event, will an effort be made to make things mesh together well? (As an example, a VIP tournament is essentially a guaranteed 4 hours, and cuts heavily into turbo-drafting time).

It would be very nice to know that you guys will try to get it as fair as possible. :)

Saeijou
07-13-2015, 01:44 PM
It would be very nice to know that you guys will try to get it as fair as possible. :)

aren't they always doing that? more prices in VIP tourneys!!! ;)

Hiddenshadow
07-13-2015, 01:45 PM
Well of course the release event will shift, but when you say shift do you mean if the patch is next week then the release will be next weekend because the problem with this is the fact that an event was announced for a date a few weeks in advance and thus people could plan for it, having it postponed is understandable and I'm going to take it as it comes of course, but it would at least be nice to know in advance that I won't be able to play a single game during the release celebration vs non-stop play that i originally expected :(

IndigoShade
07-13-2015, 01:47 PM
We need a post on the front page with Phenteo delivering the bad news with the whole team dressed as terrorantulas having his back. Actually, I think this sounds like a job for RCDv57! The guys are all busy, so maybe you can pencil them in?

Tinfoil
07-13-2015, 01:49 PM
Can you postpone it two weeks? i'm on vacation next week ;) Thought I could get a game or two friday night of the release celebration, but now I wll miss it completely. Oh well, had a small feeling this would be happening - hope it doesn't crush too many dreams.

Flairina
07-13-2015, 01:54 PM
Honestly, I'm disappointed, but also rather happy. Anyone who was in the stream knows I have connection problems that keep me from playing drafts right now, and the date of the release celebration was going to have me frantically calling people trying to fix the issue. With this little extension, assuming it lasts a week as expected, means that with luck I'll be able to fix them by then and participate in the release celebration with everyone. :)

Best of luck fixing the bug!

bwarner
07-13-2015, 01:55 PM
Am I reading between the lines too much, or did Phenteo just hint that the 50% gold increase may continue even after the patch is released?

ryuukan
07-13-2015, 01:55 PM
I have to use another free draft on Set1&2?

barffff

McCloud68
07-13-2015, 01:58 PM
Thank you Phenteo for that updated mini FAQ. It was the 3rd question/answer I was actually wondering about.

Motjida
07-13-2015, 01:59 PM
Some FAQ

Will celebration dates just shift or is there a chance of them being extended?

You're messing with my holidays here :)

Zophie
07-13-2015, 02:06 PM

http://i.imgur.com/IXrlAYS.gif

Not upset at all, promise :D

NOBLEStarshield
07-13-2015, 02:08 PM
http://i.imgur.com/IXrlAYS.gif

Not upset at all, promise :D

oh my

wurtil
07-13-2015, 02:09 PM
Some FAQ

Thank goodness Shift is a One-Shot.

darkwonders
07-13-2015, 02:11 PM
http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/raining_david_tennant_nosedrip.gif

Mejis
07-13-2015, 02:12 PM
Thanks for the update. Bit of a downer to wake up this after so much hype, but completely understand. Do what you have to do to ensure a smooth release. Hope you can sort out the bugs and memory leak swiftly and still get a release out this week.

Mejis
07-13-2015, 02:13 PM
Am I reading between the lines too much, or did Phenteo just hint that the 50% gold increase may continue even after the patch is released?

Hehe I think you're reading between the lines. I just interpreted to mean it'll at least stay in place until release.

Fred
07-13-2015, 02:13 PM
What saddens me most about this is not as much that set 3 is delayed, but that this means the developers will have one fewer week to deliver PvE before the end of the year. With everything that Cory promised again during the charity stream (over 10 dungeons, full PvE with many PvE features before the end of the year), I feel like the engineering team needs all the weeks it can get to focus on that.

Gwaer
07-13-2015, 02:14 PM
Weird I interpreted it to mean as there was no guarantee it would stay in place until release.

Fyren
07-13-2015, 02:16 PM
Another week to fill out my sets.

TO ARMS/THE QUEUE

Aradon
07-13-2015, 02:18 PM
Weird I interpreted it to mean as there was no guarantee it would stay in place until release.

Same. It sounds like they're extending it some, but not guaranteeing it lasts until release, in the face of longer-than-expected delays.

poizonous
07-13-2015, 02:23 PM
Conspiracy Theory: There is no delay and this is being done to ensure Ruby Cup doesnt come across any bugs, resolving the argument in chat during charity stream

RamzaBehoulve
07-13-2015, 02:27 PM
It can still happen tomorrow.

A deal with Greece was still rather unlikely this morning..

(Ok, I take the door, sorry, sorry)

ryuukan
07-13-2015, 02:36 PM
Conspiracy Theory: There is no delay and this is being done to ensure Ruby Cup doesnt come across any bugs, resolving the argument in chat during charity stream

Praetor Zubrin of the Fiveshards Cabal only controls the auction house, not the dev team

Zubrin
07-13-2015, 02:38 PM
Praetor Zubrin of the Fiveshards Cabal only controls the auction house, not the dev team

First Citizen Zubrin. Praetor was so two major patches ago.

Xexist
07-13-2015, 02:50 PM
http://i62.tinypic.com/15oh654.jpg

Saeijou
07-13-2015, 03:01 PM
http://i62.tinypic.com/15oh654.jpg

i see no tears!!! :P

katkillad
07-13-2015, 03:04 PM
sigh

neruwind
07-13-2015, 03:08 PM
I'm happy for the delayed launch!

-more time for 50%+ gold
-less bugs when set 3 is live
-more time for 50%+ gold

Xexist
07-13-2015, 03:08 PM
i see no tears!!! :p

cried until tear ducts were dried up

Khazrakh
07-13-2015, 03:09 PM
Some FAQ

I'm cool with postponing the release - if there are bugs they need to be squished. Just releasing it knowing that it won't work anyways would be a terrible decision.
That said, if the release celebration is just shifted to next week I'd really really REALLY be more than sad.
As I stated some weeks ago in another thread, I do need some time in advance to plan for stuff like that and I totally blocked off that weekend from doing anything but playing Hex. I have no problem with doing other stuff this weekend but there is no way on earth I could block next weekend on a short notice like that which means I'd probably won't get to play in the release celebration AT ALL. That would really make me cry :(

Valnir
07-13-2015, 03:23 PM
It is good to see, that we will be able to play without major bugs when set 3 comes out, also i have a few days more to grind the arena! :)

The_Lannisters
07-13-2015, 03:24 PM
It's going to be tough to go to the office tomorrow knowing there's nothing exciting coming up :(

time to grind some more AA's for 25K gold a piece I guess ...shame on me I only have buccaneers and repels so far.

Kaiba_Graysoul
07-13-2015, 03:31 PM
It's going to be tough to go to the office tomorrow knowing there's nothing exciting coming up :(

time to grind some more AA's for 25K gold a piece I guess ...shame on me I only have buccaneers and repels so far.

I'm the total opposite my day would have gone so slow i even said to my boss id do this crap thing that I always put off so I would have a busy day lol (fail)

HoboDevil
07-13-2015, 03:36 PM
"Tomorrow you can have this magical wish-granting puppy that poops pure joys!"

"Turns out the poops were actually scorpions, you'll get the puppy soon!"

Tragic, but I'd be fiercely more sad with scorpions instead of joy...

Mejis
07-13-2015, 03:36 PM

Same for me, bit of a crappy work week for me so this was something keeping my spirits high in the office. Ah well, I can hopefully complete my bucc AA playset (one to go) and be somewhat satisfied that I have at least one of each of the others.if only Uruu appeared for me ...

Mahes
07-13-2015, 03:40 PM
I think this card, the saddest of all artworks, sums up my feelings.

Zophie
07-13-2015, 03:46 PM
i see no tears!!! :P

I collected his tears to perform the Profane Ritual and achieve immortality at the fountain of youth. Now I just need someone to take this other silver chalice and have a drink with me.

Saeijou
07-13-2015, 03:58 PM
i collected his tears to perform the profane ritual and achieve immortality at the fountain of youth. Now i just need someone to take this other silver chalice and have a drink with me.

uh!!! Take me take me!!!!

StiX
07-13-2015, 04:01 PM
It's sad that we can't start on it yet, but I prefer it being bug free! So take your time and I hope you guys can work it all out! We're still in Beta after all:)

Gorgol
07-13-2015, 04:27 PM
It's a little sad, but understandable. On the plus side, more 50% increase in arena gold makes me happy.

ryuukan
07-13-2015, 04:30 PM
poor Cory knowing about the delay during the interview with cirouss and neo

RIP Cory's Friday underoos

Selanius
07-13-2015, 04:43 PM
Delays aren't ideal, but now more than ever it is important for the team to keep us informed as to the progress. How did today go?

Zarien
07-13-2015, 04:48 PM
Im happy the bug is being fixed. But sad because I took off work...

OutlandishMatt
07-13-2015, 05:19 PM
If the patch comes out with bugs, I would advise avoiding these forums and reddit for a week or two.

Gwaer
07-13-2015, 05:24 PM
PSA - The patch will come out with bugs. But not gamebreaking bugs that make entire swathes of the playerbase unable to play... hopefully.

Stok3d
07-13-2015, 05:27 PM

I hope you didn't sign an NDA, you may be in trouble... ;)

In all seriousness, it's MUCH better to launch bug free and I don't really expect this until after Gencon tbh.

KingGabriel
07-13-2015, 05:34 PM
Eh, at least I get to see if I won anything donating first this way.

KingxOfxThexVoid
07-13-2015, 05:51 PM
Sighs guess I will eat drink sleep and repeat till set 3 gets patched in

poizonous
07-13-2015, 05:52 PM

See guys you turned Void into an alcoholic.... Need Set 3 NOW!

Mahes
07-13-2015, 06:12 PM

You could walk outside. There is this world. It can be wonderful. The trees and the ground feel so life like. The smells are amazing at times. The sounds are the best you can get for realism. You can tell a lot of effort went into making this world.

Armies
07-13-2015, 06:27 PM
You could walk outside. There is this world. It can be wonderful. The trees and the ground feel so life like. The smells are amazing at times. The sounds are the best you can get for realism. You can tell a lot of effort went into making this world.

I dunno that sounds to good to be true must be a catch :D

magic_gazz
07-13-2015, 06:32 PM
Armies, stop posting, you have been postponed.

OutlandishMatt
07-13-2015, 06:44 PM
Armies, stop posting, you have been... *puts on sunglasses* post powned.

Fixed!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mznsEcZlM2I

kindmime
07-13-2015, 07:05 PM

It just means the world didn't run into a memory leak

Zophie
07-13-2015, 07:06 PM

Yeah right my N64 has better graphics. I'm fine staying inside tyvm

israel.kendall
07-13-2015, 07:11 PM

Real world too buggy.

Aradon
07-13-2015, 07:12 PM
Real world too buggy.

Still waiting for the balance patch.

Kramer
07-13-2015, 08:13 PM
Well I am hoping for a fix for a Thursday (7/16) release so not to mess up all the planned future weekend events. Hope it can be fixed in a few days but as many of you have stated, I just prefer to wait for a smooth as possible release.

NOBLERoostasaur
07-13-2015, 08:32 PM
I for one am very pleased they decided to wait and fix those last few issues before launch.

ossuary
07-13-2015, 08:58 PM
I dunno that sounds to good to be true must be a catch :D

The catch is that you only get to enjoy it for a few decades before your parts start to wear down. And IRL, you can't really get more than one or two replacements before the whole system has to be shut down.

Boogaloo
07-13-2015, 10:00 PM
Well I am hoping for a fix for a Thursday (7/16) release so not to mess up all the planned future weekend events. Hope it can be fixed in a few days but as many of you have stated, I just prefer to wait for a smooth as possible release.

Likewise, that was pretty much my plan for the weekend.

ShadowIronblood
07-13-2015, 10:55 PM
crossed fingers for the "false alarm AoM is a go for 3pm eastern time" but you know...it'll be here when it gets here. Plus gives us more time to gold run that arena!

Selanius
07-13-2015, 11:27 PM
crossed fingers for the "false alarm AoM is a go for 3pm eastern time" but you know...it'll be here when it gets here. Plus gives us more time to gold run that arena!

That would be epic.

Mejis
07-13-2015, 11:40 PM
It would indeed be epic.
The pessimist in me has shut down all hype reactors for now though, they shall be restarted next Monday :-/

Kaiba_Graysoul
07-13-2015, 11:40 PM
I for one am very pleased they decided to wait and fix those last few issues before launch.

lots of typing for dino bird the more bugs, I'm in total agreement I want smooth not fast :P

nickon
07-14-2015, 02:53 AM
More bug free set 3, more gold farming, more set 1/2 drafts!
It's all good!

Take your time CZE, I trust your best judgement :)

Elwinz
07-14-2015, 03:59 AM
is release celbration postopned too?

poizonous
07-14-2015, 04:01 AM
is release celbration postopned too?

Pretty sure it has to be unless the patch hits by thursday

Gwaer
07-14-2015, 04:04 AM
I'm still crossing my fingers for a patch Thursday.

Elwinz
07-14-2015, 04:07 AM
personaly i would be rely happy since i cant participate this weekend ;p

wolzarg
07-14-2015, 04:09 AM
The hype is on simmer but thursday is a big hope to save my weekend!

hex_colin
07-14-2015, 04:12 AM
I'm still crossing my fingers for a patch Thursday.

Traitor! Next Tuesday works infinitely better for me since I'm without passable internet until then... ;)

I'm probably in the small group of folks where this delay is FANTASTIC news. :)

P.S. Thanks, Cory. What do I owe you? ;)

Elwinz
07-14-2015, 04:15 AM
I am totally with you on that one Colin.

poizonous
07-14-2015, 04:16 AM
Colin I might be able to be persuaded to cheer for a Tuesday patch ;)

Cernz
07-14-2015, 04:18 AM
Traitor! Next Tuesday works infinitely better for me since I'm without passable internet until then... ;)

confirmed - Colin wanted set3 to be delayed, hexent had to follow his instructions!

Gwaer
07-14-2015, 04:21 AM
But next weekend is way worse for ME =P

ossuary
07-14-2015, 04:23 AM
confirmed - Colin wanted set3 to be delayed, hexent had to follow his instructions!

I'm pretty sure Colin owns 51% of the company by this point, so yeah, that logic checks out. :D

poizonous
07-14-2015, 04:24 AM
I'm pretty sure Colin owns 51% of the company by this point, so yeah, that logic checks out. :D

51??? Seems low, i thought it was like 70ish

wolzarg
07-14-2015, 04:29 AM
Colin gets bored by set 3 in two weeks set 4 confirmed for september. :D

both about equally unlikely but i wanted to get on the majority share holder colin train!

hex_colin
07-14-2015, 04:51 AM
Colin gets bored by set 3 in two weeks set 4 confirmed for september. :D

both about equally unlikely but i wanted to get on the majority share holder colin train!

No chance of that. ;) I'd still draft 1-1-1 given the option. And I got a good 4-5 months out of 2-2-1 - a bit sick of Fuzzy/Bunoshi/Giles at this point though. I'm really looking forward to 3-3-3.

More seriously, I'd have really liked for everything to have gone smoothly, even if I couldn't participate. However, I strongly support any delay that improves our overall experience once the patch goes live. :)

wolzarg
07-14-2015, 04:58 AM
No chance of that. ;) I'd still draft 1-1-1 given the option. And I got a good 4-5 months out of 2-2-1 - a bit sick of Fuzzy/Bunoshi/Giles at this point though. I'm really looking forward to 3-3-3.

More seriously, I'd have really liked for everything to have gone smoothly, even if I couldn't participate. However, I strongly support any delay that improves our overall experience once the patch goes live. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3ubLOKbx-Y

Xenavire
07-14-2015, 04:59 AM
However, I strongly support any delay that improves our overall experience once the patch goes live. :)

I think this is a sentiment we can all share! :)

wang801
07-14-2015, 05:14 AM
funny thing about hex is im always happy with this game whatever happens :) just keep up the good work guys !

IGN : Cebu

Fred
07-14-2015, 06:14 AM
More bug free set 3, more gold farming, more set 1/2 drafts!

Wait... I'm confused here... are we rooting for a free set 3 with more bugs now? I've been out of the loop for too long I guess :-P

ossuary
07-14-2015, 07:17 AM
Free set 3! Now with more bugs.

Metronomy
07-14-2015, 07:19 AM
any updates ?

btw...people talking about bug free set 3...wont happen one way or another..mass test is just necessary to find many of the bugs

plaguedealer
07-14-2015, 07:24 AM
any updates ?

btw...people talking about bug free set 3...wont happen one way or another..mass test is just necessary to find many of the bugs

I think it is 7:21 a.m. at hexent right now. If there is a update today, I would think it would be in the afternoon.

Mr.Funsocks
07-14-2015, 07:34 AM

Same boat. I'm watching my parents' dog (and mine) all this weekend, and with 3 cats in my house, I can't watch the (very hyper) dogs in my house, it has to be in theirs, where my computer isn't...

Thrawn
07-14-2015, 07:45 AM
I think it is 7:21 a.m. at hexent right now. If there is a update today, I would think it would be in the afternoon.

You're assuming any of them went home or slept with all of this going on.

Tazelbain
07-14-2015, 07:54 AM
No doubt Cory has already lined them up and killed every 10th one for this failure.

Xenavire
07-14-2015, 08:14 AM
No doubt Cory has already lined them up and killed every 10th one for this failure.

That would just slow things down. Thats why he ordered a cat o' nine tails from amazon after the charity stream...

Sergan
07-14-2015, 08:15 AM
Free set 3! Now with more bugs.

this pls :3

Saeijou
07-14-2015, 08:25 AM
any updates ?

https://youtu.be/gpZuMQVrlUw?t=34

Fred
07-14-2015, 09:52 AM
poor Cory knowing about the delay during the interview with cirouss and neo

RIP Cory's Friday underoos

Did Cory learn about that during the interview (and manage to keep a poker face) or did he know before and simply hoped it would get fixed before Tuesday? I just watched the Cory interview (because I wasn't available when it happened live), and I see no mention of him knowing anything about a delay.

ShadowIronblood
07-14-2015, 10:09 AM
kinda hard if you ask me, i doubt they wanted to upset people during the charity event. Plus it sounds like they are close to fixing it with a mapped delay of a week tops.

Regardless i'm just over here with a dragon eyeing all my chest i want to open ;)

Phenteo
07-14-2015, 12:00 PM
It was in a Go/No-Go meeting that happened on Monday where the decision to delay launch due to the Memory Leak Issue happened. When Cory was on the stream, we were still in GO mode.

An update: We were able to fix a few other bugs that we've been working on and reproducing the Memory Leak Bug more often now. They're working on the fix, but most likely won't be able to launch tomorrow as a fix hasn't come in yet.

Cirouss
07-14-2015, 12:06 PM
It was in a Go/No-Go meeting that happened on Monday where the decision to delay launch due to the Memory Leak Issue happened. When Cory was on the stream, we were still in GO mode.

An update: We were able to fix a few other bugs that we've been working on and reproducing the Memory Leak Bug more often now. They're working on the fix, but most likely won't be able to launch tomorrow as a fix hasn't come in yet.

Thanks for the update <3

silverlocke
07-14-2015, 12:06 PM
In lieu of the next phase of the game, I managed to finally get perfect on the Frost Ring Arena. Really hard. Game gave me xarlox at the end too. : (

http://i.imgur.com/LsyvN9Q.jpg

Metronomy
07-14-2015, 12:07 PM
oh well...keep the updates going

..as a programmer myself i know that being able to reproduce the problem goes a long way...finding the bug more often than not is harder than to squish the bug...sometimes squishing the bug can also be hard..lets just hope its a little typo or forgotten line or something

Kaiba_Graysoul
07-14-2015, 12:13 PM

Let the guys know we appreciate the hard work.

Phenteo
07-14-2015, 12:14 PM
Let the guys know we appreciate the hard work.

<3

Khazrakh
07-14-2015, 12:18 PM

Appreciate the update and hard work you guys put in!
You might add this to the front page as well though, not everybody is reading the boards and having any relevant news there will help. You could just update the "SLIGHT AOM LAUNCH DELAY" news I guess.

RCDv57
07-14-2015, 12:26 PM
Appreciate the update and hard work you guys put in!
You might add this to the front page as well though, not everybody is reading the boards and having any relevant news there will help. You could just update the "SLIGHT AOM LAUNCH DELAY" news I guess.

Or ya know, just put up a new update article on the front page.
It always makes me happy to see new articles, even when it's bad news.

Khazrakh
07-14-2015, 12:29 PM
Or ya know, just put up a new update article on the front page.
It always makes me happy to see new articles, even when it's bad news.

I just wanted to avoid having 8 "well we're still working on it you guys" news articles in some days if everything goes wrong ;)

Saeijou
07-14-2015, 12:31 PM
@Phenteo: so you would launch on another day than tuesday, if the fix would be ready?

Metronomy
07-14-2015, 12:38 PM
thats how i interprete him..."its unlikely that we can patch tomorrow (wednesday) but maybe thursday"

Poetic
07-14-2015, 12:42 PM
It'll come next week, but I understand holding onto that hope.

poizonous
07-14-2015, 12:43 PM

I dunno, I think Cory has the team on 24 hour work schedule, he wants it out yesterday lol

Saeijou
07-14-2015, 12:44 PM
well.. if they find the fix, i don't know if they can risk it to blast it out...

in the automotive world they test 8 weeks, if everything is fine... okay, a game can be patched faster... but you never know, what you put into the code with that "fix"
maybe another and even worse memory leak, that only shows up after 4 days or so

that's why i asked... would they directly patch it, would the netops be okay with it, or would they wait some time anyway

katkillad
07-14-2015, 12:44 PM

No guarantee of next week either, it could be after Gencon at this point.

Kaiba_Graysoul
07-14-2015, 12:49 PM
I dunno, I think Cory has the team on 24 hour work schedule, he wants it out yesterday lol

Image of Cory in a black dress with whip

Poetic
07-14-2015, 12:54 PM

That'd be tragic.

Reeplay
07-14-2015, 12:59 PM
Take all time you need to fix out the major bugs. I'll keep grinding the arena until then :)

Khazrakh
07-14-2015, 01:01 PM
That'd be tragic.

Releasing with game breaking bugs would be way more tragic though ;)

Erukk
07-14-2015, 01:06 PM
Image of Cory in a black dress with whip

Princess Cory: Dominatrix Edition

I don't know what is scarier: the possible AA art or the fact that I would most likely want a playset of it.

Zophie
07-14-2015, 01:11 PM

That would sure put a damper on the plans for the Convocation Packs, but I guess that would still work with a delay too, just not as nifty as having it at the same time as the con. Let's just hope it doesn't come to that.

renword
07-14-2015, 01:12 PM
well.. if they find the fix, i don't know if they can risk it to blast it out...

I don't always test my code, but when I do... I do it in production.

S117
07-14-2015, 01:22 PM

+1

But also...keep up the good work!

Metronomy
07-14-2015, 01:23 PM
dont make matters worse than they are please...there is a good chance once they found the coding error it can be fixed fast...no need to worry about weeks of delay

darkwonders
07-14-2015, 01:29 PM
Well it benefits them more than us to get this out ASAP. I have enough invested in this game that I'm not going to abandon it if they delay content.

However, this also isn't my only game to play. I have pretty much an endless backlog of games to play. If this doesn't come out in the next week or so, it's not a big deal to me. This is a game I will always come back to because it's more than just a video game to me.

I know I'm probably in the minority for this thinking, but that's just how I operate :)

Svenn
07-14-2015, 01:33 PM
Well it benefits them more than us to get this out ASAP. I have enough invested in this game that I'm not going to abandon it if they delay content.

However, this also isn't my only game to play. I have pretty much an endless backlog of games to play. If this doesn't come out in the next week or so, it's not a big deal to me. This is a game I will always come back to because it's more than just a video game to me.

I know I'm probably in the minority for this thinking, but that's just how I operate :)
I'm really excited for this patch, and sad it's not here yet... but I'm really addicted to Ark and playing it with a bunch of friends anyway so yeah, I'm with you. I'll just keep playing Ark until it's ready. ;)

Thoom
07-14-2015, 01:38 PM

I have this on a T-shirt.

Edswor
07-14-2015, 01:55 PM

So true.

The_Lannisters
07-14-2015, 01:55 PM

I've just crushed a Dota2 game playing Leshrac mid. There's life before set3 :cool:

pjvedder
07-14-2015, 02:11 PM

I'm definitely with you on this. I have a limited amount of free time, and there are way too many TV shows, movies, books, and video games that I enjoy watching/reading/playing. Hex has been in the forefront for me for a while, a lot of the other stuff has been taking a back seat. If there's an extended delay for set 3, I can easily find something else to do, but still come back to playing Hex with open arms as soon as the patch is ready.

plaguedealer
07-14-2015, 02:20 PM
I'm definitely with you on this. I have a limited amount of free time, and there are way too many TV shows, movies, books, and video games that I enjoy watching/reading/playing. Hex has been in the forefront for me for a while, a lot of the other stuff has been taking a back seat. If there's an extended delay for set 3, I can easily find something else to do, but still come back to playing Hex with open arms as soon as the patch is ready.

Bah, not me I am now hoping beyond hope that it comes out on Thursday. This talk about playing other games while we wait seems crazy to me.

RCDv57
07-14-2015, 02:25 PM
Bah, not me I am now hoping beyond hope that it comes out on Thursday. This talk about playing other games while we wait seems crazy to me.

What does the scouter say about his hype level?

ITS OVER 9000!

Saeijou
07-14-2015, 02:26 PM

you can go for a run... or to the gym! produce some more kids for that world or... making an all-you-can-eat contest!
learn piano or plant a tree.

the possebilities are endless ;)

HoboDevil
07-14-2015, 02:49 PM
you can go for a run... or to the gym! produce some more kids for that world or... making an all-you-can-eat contest!
learn piano or plant a tree.

the possebilities are endless ;)

I read that as "Plant a Piano Tree" and it did a gnarly thing to my mind.

Zubrin
07-14-2015, 03:52 PM
I read that as "Plant a Piano Tree" and it did a gnarly thing to my mind.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2782/4504313868_40dd8df39a_b.jpg

HoboDevil
07-14-2015, 03:57 PM
https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2782/4504313868_40dd8df39a_b.jpg

Having had a couple glasses of bourbon before I refreshed this page made this absolutely friggin' magical...

ryuukan
07-14-2015, 04:40 PM
What does the scouter say about his hype level?

ITS OVER 9000!

We want Set 3 to be dated, not our jokes

Xenavire
07-14-2015, 04:53 PM
Phenteo - just thought I would ask, but with the patch being delayed, whats the deal with weekly tickets? Use them or lose them? Or is the possibility of an extension on the table and just not decided on yet? My gut says use/lose, but figured it wouldn't hurt to get clarification.

Phenteo
07-14-2015, 04:54 PM
Phenteo - just thought I would ask, but with the patch being delayed, whats the deal with weekly tickets? Use them or lose them? Or is the possibility of an extension on the table and just not decided on yet? My gut says use/lose, but figured it wouldn't hurt to get clarification.

I'm not entirely sure. But it is probably use the weekly ticket or lose it as it normally would be.

Xenavire
07-14-2015, 05:08 PM
I'm not entirely sure. But it is probably use the weekly ticket or lose it as it normally would be.

Good enough for me, thanks. :)

Selanius
07-14-2015, 05:08 PM
Thanks for the updates. Keep em coming! Even bad news is better than no news at this point.

I also want to reiterate our thanks to the team working on this, I'm sure they are putting in some crazy hours and we all appreciate it.

Phenteo
07-14-2015, 05:12 PM
Thanks for the updates. Keep em coming! Even bad news is better than no news at this point.

I also want to reiterate our thanks to the team working on this, I'm sure they are putting in some crazy hours and we all appreciate it.

<3

Next update will come tomorrow noonish.

wolzarg
07-14-2015, 05:14 PM
<3

Next update will come tomorrow noonish.
Set 3 launch tomorrow nonish confirmed. :eek:

Phenteo
07-14-2015, 05:17 PM

lol!

wolzarg
07-14-2015, 05:24 PM
lol!
I mean you could technically read it like that, not that I'm being serious. Also I seem to have surpassed you in posts making me by the rules of the internet your superior so now you have to share your muffins with me!

Xenavire
07-14-2015, 05:25 PM
I mean you could technically read it like that, not that I'm being serious. Also I seem to have surpassed you in posts making me by the rules of the internet your superior so now you have to share your muffins with me!

*Clears throat*

I DEMAND... A SHRUBBERY!

Mejis
07-14-2015, 05:32 PM

+10 to that.
We all appreciate the huge amount of hard work you're all putting in. Sure, the delay was disappointing, especially at the 11th hour, but it's all for our benefit in the long run.
I'd like to praise the communication too, equally as important. On a side note, I've been watching some of the drama unfold around that other company's latest digital release -- let's just say that they have demonstrated how exactly not to communicate with their userbase.

Mojumbo
07-14-2015, 05:35 PM
Noo D:

Audens
07-14-2015, 05:43 PM

I read it this way until I saw Phenteo's response to your post :(

KingxOfxThexVoid
07-14-2015, 05:51 PM

Sounds like a trap I will stay inside for at least another 16 hours then I will break cycle and shower get dressed and venture out for food to then watch a movie with family to then return to start cycle again

Gwaer
07-14-2015, 05:53 PM
<3

the next update about the delay situation will come tomorrow noonish.

Here we go.

Errantsquire
07-14-2015, 06:08 PM

I listened to a leadership focused topic once that talked about "go fever." The basic idea is that during a space shuttle launch no one wants to be the one to say "no go" and when that happens we can often minimize the dangers of a problem. This leads to bad things like space shuttle explosions on launch pads. I applaud the person who was brave enough to give the "no go" here as it probably saved all of us a lot of headaches.

ShadowIronblood
07-14-2015, 07:12 PM
update to come around noonish huh? lets hope for some good news ^_^

Veetor
07-14-2015, 07:21 PM
it's always noonish somewhere

ShadowIronblood
07-14-2015, 08:16 PM
true it is noonish now right? oh no...no it isnt :(

L1ght
07-14-2015, 08:19 PM
It is both Noon and tomorrow currently in Australia.

<3 from Sydney.

ShadowIronblood
07-14-2015, 10:30 PM
I like this guy... can we use Australia time? that way i can be happy or sad before work instead of during lol ;)

Cernz
07-15-2015, 01:11 AM
in 2hrs its noon in austria :) - wake up guys ;D

ossuary
07-15-2015, 04:23 AM
I like this guy... can we use Australia time? that way i can be happy or sad before work instead of during lol ;)

Timezones are so last century. I still say we need to convert the whole planet to UST (Universal Space Time). We're never getting off this god-forsaken rock if we can't even agree on what day and time it is. ;)

poizonous
07-15-2015, 04:25 AM
Timezones are so last century. I still say we need to convert the whole planet to UST (Universal Space Time). We're never getting off this god-forsaken rock if we can't even agree on what day and time it is. ;)

I'd hate to live in the world that is dark at 1pm and bright at 3am

Xenavire
07-15-2015, 04:37 AM
I'd hate to live in the world that is dark at 1pm and bright at 3am

Pffft, I'd start sleeping normal hours if this happened ;)

poizonous
07-15-2015, 04:39 AM
LOL you know what Xena you are right, same here

ossuary
07-15-2015, 04:55 AM
Everyone would get used to it eventually, it only seems weird now because you're used to basing your internal clock on daylight. And once we're out in space, who gives a crap what time it is on one thin sliver of Earth? ;)

RCDv57
07-15-2015, 09:00 AM
Everyone would get used to it eventually, it only seems weird now because you're used to basing your internal clock on daylight. And once we're out in space, who gives a crap what time it is on one thin sliver of Earth? ;)

Good point, but what happens when humans occupy multiple planets with different global rotation times and speed?

Kayas42
07-15-2015, 09:04 AM
Good point, but what happens when humans occupy multiple planets with different global rotation times and speed?

Reminds me of Men in Black

Jay: Zed, don't you guys ever get any sleep around here?

Zed: The twins keep us on Centaurian time, standard thirty-seven hour day. Give it a few months. You'll get used to it... or you'll have a psychotic episode.

Odai
07-15-2015, 09:16 AM
I would have been surprised if they dont delay this edition, sorry but it's your kind of thing crypto :P

Erebus
07-15-2015, 10:06 AM
Well it's kind of nice to have a company unwilling to drop a garbage product into our lap and use the money from sales to fix it afterwards. Not that any AAA gaming company would ever do that. :rolleyes:

ossuary
07-15-2015, 10:19 AM

I never said that UST would be based on a 24 hour cycle. ;)

Although certainly our systems seem to be wired to function that way. We could try it out for a few decades and see if we needed to adjust space time. Likely if we really were spread out across the galaxy into multiple planetary systems, we would use UST for interstellar communications and to keep track universally of dates and times, but use a separate, planetary cycle-of-day time to handle local operations and day-to-day activities.

You see stuff like this in series like The Ender Saga.

DocX
07-15-2015, 10:20 AM

Funny story. Buddy of mine was on a distributed team. They had folks all over the globe and times were a pain in the tuchus. So, instead of scheduling meetings at times (that then had to be translated into local time), they scheduled at colors. "We're meeting at Orange to talk about the project" was a reasonable sentence. There was, of course, a conversion from Color to local time so everyone could create their own lookup table.

Since the meeting "times" weren't in actual times, there was actually much less confusion as there was no inherent semantic payload in using a color as a stand-in for a time. People adapted very quickly and it continues to work to this day.

Saeijou
07-15-2015, 10:22 AM
Funny story. Buddy of mine was on a distributed team. They had folks all over the globe and times were a pain in the tuchus. So, instead of scheduling meetings at times (that then had to be translated into local time), they scheduled at colors. "We're meeting at Orange to talk about the project" was a reasonable sentence. There was, of course, a conversion from Color to local time so everyone could create their own lookup table.

Since the meeting "times" weren't in actual times, there was actually much less confusion as there was no inherent semantic payload in using a color as a stand-in for a time. People adapted very quickly and it continues to work to this day.

well... tools like outlook convert the times automatically... google calender as well.
it get's easier :)

Fred
07-15-2015, 10:30 AM
I never said that UST would be based on a 24 hour cycle. ;)

Why invent a whole new time system when we already have a perfectly working one in stardates (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stardate), which accounts for your location in the galaxy, your velocity of travel and other factors which influence the passage of time? ;-)