PDA

View Full Version : Set 3 Booster Pool for a Certain Someone

Steelio
07-13-2015, 08:32 PM
I recently learned that a certain person who puts a lot of time and effort in behind-the-scenes work to improve the conditions of our in-game experience isn't going to have that many boosters come set 3 launch. Which makes me kinda sad, because the way I see it, since they put so much work into the game, they should be able to play it and enjoy it. So I've decided to get a booster pool going for them. Said person will remain unnamed until they actually receive them [because 'Surprise!'], but if you donate to the pool then I'll respond with a PM and tell you who it is [please don't tell them]. Or alternatively if you want to know before donating, then send me a PM and I'll let you know. Rest assured he's a great guy, and a lot of you will know him.

The way I'll be doing it is taking donations of plat and boosters from people. If you donate plat then I'll buy the corresponding number of boosters and send them on. If people donate plat and primals get generated I''ll be sending them to said person. I'll screenshot the store purchases and if we're lucky to hit some primals then I'll screenshot those too.

I'll list the individual donations in a following post with the corresponding amounts of plat/boosters donated.

Since I'm by no means well off, I'll start the proceedings with 5 boosters. The donations don't have to be huge, even a single booster will be more than appreciated.

In order to donate, please send either plat in-game or set 3 boosters to Rabbiton [plat beforehand or boosters on the day set 3 is released]. I'll list your names and donation amounts in the post below. I'll close the pool and send the boosters at the end of launch-day, UK time.

Thanks for reading, and if you donate then thanks in advance ;]

Steelio
07-13-2015, 08:33 PM
Rabbiton - 1000 plat

MajorDazmo - 400 plat

Rapkannibale - 3 Boosters

Xenavire - 1000 plat

Manticore - 5 boosters

Ossuary - 1000 plat, 12000 gold

Sithos - 1000 plat

Ivstone - 1000 plat

Celendine - 200 plat

Bombs - 2000 plat

FridgedHEX - 1000 plat

Zophie - 1000 plat

Fyren - 1 Booster - 'From one [formerly] unlucky bastard to another'

Dinotropia - 400 plat

Reckless - 400 plat - 'To Steele's secret lover' :stormcloud:

Xenavire
07-14-2015, 03:01 AM
Is it me? It's gotta be me, right? No? Ok, I'll chip in 1k plat (will send later today.)

Archivarius
07-14-2015, 03:20 AM
looks like a scam

poizonous
07-14-2015, 03:22 AM
looks like a scam

In most cases I would agree take away the fact that the guy doing it is a known streamer

Steelio
07-14-2015, 03:25 AM
Haha Xena ;D Thank you, that's awesome!

Steelio
07-14-2015, 03:26 AM
Rumbled! Don't tell Roosta about my overseas booster account :stormcloud:

In all fairness it might sound dodgy, but it's for a guy who's (a) awesome and (b) fairly well known. Plus I do stream from time to time [hopefully more when set 3 releases], so it probably wouldn't be that wise of a move. Plus I'm pretty certain Hexent would ban me if I did scam people. So... yeah :P

looks like a scam

Fyren
07-14-2015, 03:27 AM
In most cases I would agree take away the fact that the guy doing it is a known streamer

I agree. I absolutely do not believe Steele capable of running something like this as a scam.

Steelio
07-14-2015, 03:32 AM
Thank you Fyren =)

I agree. I absolutely do not believe Steele capable of running something like this as a scam.

RamzaBehoulve
07-14-2015, 04:12 AM

Nothing against Steele, I'm sure he is legit, but that's exactly what everyone says whenever they get scamed or someone goes nuts and kills everyone around.

"I really didn't think he could do this, he was such a nice guy".

That said, I'm pretty sure devs would ban him and restore everything if he tried some shenanigans because they would have let it happen on their official forum.

Gwaer
07-14-2015, 04:15 AM
Meh, Steele told me who it's for when I asked, if he does run off I'll make sure his account is destroyed, and anything of value is sent to the appropriate party, feel free to throw in a donation if you want to. Personally, I know the person to receive this charity too well to participate. =P

Steelio
07-14-2015, 04:23 AM
That's fair. On the flip side I got scammed in Everquest as a kid, and it was kinda bollocks haha. Considering I spent all my time trading in Greater Faydark [when not levelling gnome magicians to hit up the newbie area and get chased away by level 12+'s] it was lame.

Nothing against Steele, I'm sure he is legit, but that's exactly what everyone says whenever they get scamed or someone goes nuts and kills everyone around.

"I really didn't think he could do this, he was such a nice guy".

That said, I'm pretty sure devs would ban him and restore everything if he tried some shenanigans because they would have let it happen on their official forum.

Steelio
07-14-2015, 04:28 AM
Thanks Gwaer :P

Meh, Steele told me who it's for when I asked, if he does run off I'll make sure his account is destroyed, and anything of value is sent to the appropriate party, feel free to throw in a donation if you want to. Personally, I know the person to receive this charity too well to participate. =P

elfstone
07-14-2015, 04:29 AM
5 set 3 boosters from me! (Manticore)

Steelio
07-14-2015, 04:33 AM
Thank you very much buddy =)) We must talk about long war again soon :> I just played gangplank and got absolutely slaughtered; I had full gauss/phalanx armour. Last time I ran it with x2 gauss carbines and no armour and it was x10 easier lol.

5 set 3 boosters from me! (Manticore)

ossuary
07-14-2015, 04:34 AM
I hope you're not doing this for me, Steelio. And I also hope that me thinking you might be doesn't mean I have an over-inflated ego. I'm comfortable with having an inflated ego, just not an over-inflated one. ;)

In any case, I can toss in 1K plat and 12K gold so said person can have some fun on the Wheels of Fate as well. I'll send them to you the next time I log in.

Steelio
07-14-2015, 04:40 AM
Well I should hate to inflate your ego any more than it currently is Oss ;D Thank you for the donation!

I hope you're not doing this for me, Steelio. And I also hope that me thinking you might be doesn't mean I have an over-inflated ego. I'm comfortable with having an inflated ego, just not an over-inflated one. ;)

In any case, I can toss in 1K plat and 12K gold so said person can have some fun on the Wheels of Fate as well. I'll send them to you the next time I log in.

f5shooter
07-14-2015, 12:43 PM
Colin has done so much, the least we can do is get him some set 3 packs. :kappa

Sorry..... If it wasn't obvious, the above is a joke. I did not intend to increase donations by tricking people into thinking they were donating to Colin.

nicosharp
07-14-2015, 01:41 PM
Removed for not being good guy.
Maybe I'm still salty from not seeing Uruunaz, who knows?

Yoss
07-14-2015, 01:43 PM
Maybe I'm still salty from not seeing Uruunaz, who knows?
You've seen Uruu multiple times!

Gwaer
07-14-2015, 01:44 PM
Just don't give anything? That's what I'm doing.

nicosharp
07-14-2015, 01:45 PM
You've seen Uruu multiple times!

but but but.. not during 50% increase week... (shush!)

Just don't give anything? That's what I'm doing.
Intend to. I'll ask for details.

Gwaer
07-14-2015, 02:01 PM
You're responsible for the single largest charity expenditure I've ever made with your community slacker backer thread. I think you should calm your tits, if people have an idea for a giveaway it hurts literally no one to suggest it and ask for donations. Just don't get behind it if you aren't interested.

Xenavire
07-14-2015, 02:06 PM
You're responsible for the single largest charity expenditure I've ever made with your community slacker backer thread. I think you should calm your tits, if people have an idea for a giveaway it hurts literally no one to suggest it and ask for donations. Just don't get behind it if you aren't interested.

I have to +1 this. I give when I can (and more importantly, when I can justify it.) If I am going to cripple myself financially to get a warm fuzzy every week, thats not good for me. But on the other hand, when I can afford to, I don't mind doing it. Definitely something that is up to the individual.

Shinjica
07-14-2015, 02:11 PM
i'm interested in giving away some packs/plat for a streamer who has done some work for hex but first i'm interested to no his name, even in private. I not really happy if this streamer already has good donation from his stream

Yoss
07-14-2015, 02:11 PM
Who said the recipient is a streamer?

nicosharp
07-14-2015, 02:18 PM
I'm definitely calm - That thread derailed into a community donation thing, but ultimately no one responded, so all the donations were negated, and I just paid off to the few that did respond. It also was never initially intended to be a donation event/thread.

I'm totally fine with this and other requests, I think my comments stem more from:
A) not knowing who this is for
B) not knowing why there is a perceived need for this player to need set3 packs
C) that players financial situation
D) why that player would not be incentivized by HEX for streaming/etc. already.
Steelio - please PM me these details above, if you got em.

My tits be calm bro, they be calm.
Did you actually pay out on that donation by the way? Just curious, I thought everyone, including you, were off the hook? (and also, if you remember correctly - you prompted me/the community to make the thread!)

Shinjica
07-14-2015, 02:19 PM
Who said the recipient is a streamer?

Poizonous in the first page say that

Xenavire
07-14-2015, 02:21 PM

He was referring to Steelio (Rabbiton) who is a streamer, doing something for someone else.

Saeijou
07-14-2015, 02:21 PM

OP is a streamer... not the one getting the packs

Shinjica
07-14-2015, 02:22 PM
He was referring to Steelio (Rabbiton) who is a streamer, doing something for someone else.

Then, my mistake, i didnt understand his message

Mahes
07-14-2015, 02:40 PM
This is one of the oddest posts I have seen in a while.

Why not just say who it is? Most people do not give money to "Somebody". I usually would just leave this alone but this just kind of rubbed me the wrong way. It seems odd to ask for donations for another person that is not suffering or incapable of playing the game. If he does help the Hex community, he does so because he enjoys doing it.

This just seems odd.

Xexist
07-14-2015, 02:40 PM
I understand what Nic means and how he feels. Dont beat him up, his tits be calm bros.

Xexist
07-14-2015, 02:42 PM
This is one of the oddest posts I have seen in a while.

Why not just say who it is? Most people do not give money to "Somebody". I usually would just leave this alone but this just kind of rubbed me the wrong way. It seems odd to ask for donations for another person that is not suffering or incapable of playing the game. If he does help the Hex community, he does so because he enjoys doing it.

This just seems odd.

Y u hate tiny tim bro. he just wants to play one draft, ya know?

Mahes
07-14-2015, 02:45 PM
Y u hate tiny tim bro. he just wants to play one draft, ya know?

Then he could take a break from helping the Hex community and....play the game? I have no problem with whoever this is about, taking some time to enjoy the game that apparently this person is putting in so much time not to do.

nicosharp
07-14-2015, 02:47 PM
Then he could take a break from helping the Hex community and....play the game? I have no problem with whoever this is about, taking some time to enjoy the game that apparently this person is putting in so much time not to do.

Yeah, I really didn't get the request either.
A Charity - like 'Extra Life' - is pretty cut and dry.
A Charity - like 'John Doe's stash' - seems lucrative.

Gwaer informed me of who this applies to and the situation.
Steelio, you are really doing a disservice to yourself by not elaborating on this a lot more. Honestly, this is an issue that needs restructuring through compensation by both HEX Ent. and GameForge. Anyways, I do not know the individual involved, but understand the situation, it's a nice gesture - just one that could be explained further, and could be avoided in the future if compensation to these folks was adequate and coming from the appropriate places.

wolzarg
07-14-2015, 05:19 PM
I have to agree that the whole anonymous thing makes me completely uninterested in donating. I know that is my prerogative and all that but if i knew who it was i either would or wouldn't donate but lacking that information I'm not even going to consider it and i feel like that might be a sentiment shared by more people.

That's not to say you are wrong for doing it anonymously as that is up to you I'm just sharing my thoughts on it mind you.

Xexist
07-14-2015, 05:22 PM
I have to agree that the whole anonymous thing makes me completely uninterested in donating. I know that is my prerogative and all that but if i knew who it was i either would or wouldn't donate but lacking that information I'm not even going to consider it and i feel like that might be a sentiment shared by a lot of people.

I mean what if it turns out to be Cory? It will feel like such a waste, Im sure he has coded in some special Alt+F4 combo to deposit plat directly onto his account so he can just buy his own boosters

*Except if it is him I dont WANT him playing. Get back to work Princess!

Xenavire
07-14-2015, 05:29 PM
I mean what if it turns out to be Cory? It will feel like such a waste, Im sure he has coded in some special Alt+F4 combo to deposit plat directly onto his account so he can just buy his own boosters

*Except if it is him I dont WANT him playing. Get back to work Princess!

Pfft, he doesn't work, he delegates! And then he drafts. Obsessively.

Zophie
07-14-2015, 05:30 PM
I'd donate but i might be in the same boat as your unnamed benefactor. I've been trying to sell as many extra cards pre-launch as I can and get my plat built up slowly to be able to give stuff away more often. I have a habit of handing out draft packs to newbies as often as I can afford but I might not be able to do it as much until I can figure out how to get some of my bills paid first. I'll still do whatever I can though, I'm terrible at drafting so I feel like it's more worthwhile to invest in new players than myself. I'll let you know if I can come up with anything extra for this

oh also please PM me who this is for if you get a moment

Tinfoil
07-14-2015, 05:38 PM
So many hints of an odd situation in this thread. I don't understand the need for all the secrecy.

Xenavire
07-14-2015, 05:45 PM
So many hints of an odd situation in this thread. I don't understand the need for all the secrecy.

Because its meant to be a surprise, a nice gesture, and revealing too much may tip off the person that would be receiving this gift?

If this isn't your thing, ignore it and move on. To put this politely, it doesn't require commentary, just a few willing people. :p

Gwaer
07-14-2015, 05:50 PM
I doubt there is any need for secrecy, I think he just wants it to be a surprise. Which is weird I admit, but interesting.

I am sure he could have got more if he said something more like "The QA team, (except gwaer) aren't appreciated enough (because everyone loves and appreciates gwaer), neither are they compensated enough (Except gwaer who knows everyone's secrets), and they deserve more (except gwaer who spent too much on the kickstarter and has been trying to sell thousands of set 1 packs to have plat to buy thousands of set three packs), so Donate to these guys who I really appreciate and think they should get a bit of a boost in their set 3 start! (except gwaer, seriously don't give him anything). If you want to."

Because any post that doesn't mention me at least 4 times is not really worth reading.

ossuary
07-14-2015, 05:58 PM
Gwaer, Gwaer, Gwaer, Gwaer... what are we going to do with you? :p

#worth

Zophie
07-14-2015, 05:58 PM
Because any post that doesn't mention me at least 4 times is not really worth reading.

http://i.imgur.com/PCUtAMJ.jpg

Steelio
07-14-2015, 07:12 PM
You could ask who it is and I'd tell you ;] Might change your mind haha.

I have to agree that the whole anonymous thing makes me completely uninterested in donating. I know that is my prerogative and all that but if i knew who it was i either would or wouldn't donate but lacking that information I'm not even going to consider it and i feel like that might be a sentiment shared by more people.

That's not to say you are wrong for doing it anonymously as that is up to you I'm just sharing my thoughts on it mind you.

Sithos
07-14-2015, 07:38 PM
I endorse this booster pack drive. If anyone is worried about the legitimacy.

Steelio
07-14-2015, 07:40 PM
You heard it boys! Thanks Sithos =)

I endorse this booster pack drive. If anyone is worried about the legitimacy.

TOOT
07-14-2015, 07:42 PM
While a nice gesture, this just seems like a horrible precedent to allow on the forums. The community is small now, but this just doesn't seem like the best way to go about doing this.

I also think mokog's button thread is over the line too. I know the intentions are good, but all these things just seem like kinder, gentler, spam. It's against the T+C to just blindly offer to sell cards for cash for example, and this stuff for personal gain, or promotion just seems like it is better off avoided as well. I'm probably in the minority here, but someone had to say it :)

Steelio
07-14-2015, 07:45 PM
The packs aren't for me, heh. I appreciate your point but in all fairness don't think it's such a bad thing.

While a nice gesture, this just seems like a horrible precedent to allow on the forums. The community is small now, but this just doesn't seem like the best way to go about doing this.

I also think mokog's button thread is over the line too. I know the intentions are good, but all these things just seem like kinder, gentler, spam. It's against the T+C to just blindly offer to sell cards for cash for example, and this stuff for personal gain, or promotion just seems like it is better off avoided as well. I'm probably in the minority here, but someone had to say it :)

Xenavire
07-14-2015, 07:47 PM
You may have a point, Toot - these threads might not be at home in General. Maybe the fansite section? It's a bit closer, at least for the buttons.

I don't see it as setting a bad precedent though. A bad precedent would be me asking people to fund me buying a brand new PC (which I am sure a few people would help with, but I mean, thats just not cool. I know it, everyone knows it, you don't just beg for money, as tempting as it is. :p)

nicosharp
07-14-2015, 07:51 PM
I basically said what TOOT did originally, but deleted due to community criticism... Anyways, sad to see this as a need for the individual who should really be being taken care of/supported more by the companies he helps.

TOOT
07-14-2015, 07:55 PM
The thread itself is innocent and not a problem at all in a vacuum. It's if there were say 7 of these on the front pages when Hex is 7x the size it is now, is when it would be an issue. The other stuff becomes more of a problem as well when there is a lot wider audience and a lot more to gain by self-promoting whatever.

I do think this thread is a nice gesture, I'm trying not to be all negative, nor derail any further.

Gwaer
07-14-2015, 07:57 PM
There is definitely a line somewhere. If steelio were asking for himself I could certainly be convinced he had crossed it. But, if I ever saw a situation that I thought we as a community might be able to address, or some people in the community may be interested in addressing I'd express it. I feel like that's the kind of community we have, and it's exactly what steelio has done. I don't necessarily think he picked the absolute best thing to pick. But it's a thing to pick. If we get inundated with these constantly my opinion may change, but it really hasn't been a problem up to this point.

In other news this is what I am listening to right this second.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVXziMFEqX0&list=RD8gO_lxThc1M&index=5

Steelio
07-14-2015, 07:59 PM
Nah that seems fair. I wanted to keep it secret because I thought it'd be best as a surprise =)

The thread itself is innocent and not a problem at all in a vacuum. It's if there were say 7 of these on the front pages when Hex is 7x the size it is now, is when it would be an issue. The other stuff becomes more of a problem as well when there is a lot wider audience and a lot more to gain by self-promoting whatever.

I do think this thread is a nice gesture, I'm trying not to be all negative, nor derail any further.

Steelio
07-14-2015, 08:01 PM
I did consider this, but figured that there wasn't much of a way to go about it without pitchforking the issue. So I decided that a voluntary donation pool would be best :P

I basically said what TOOT did originally, but deleted due to community criticism... Anyways, sad to see this as a need for the individual who should really be being taken care of/supported more by the companies he helps.

Xexist
07-14-2015, 08:05 PM
Fine PM me who it is.

Steelio
07-15-2015, 02:12 AM
Thanks to Sithos and Ivstone for the donations! Keep 'em comin lads :P

Steelio
07-15-2015, 07:54 AM
Thanks Celendine for the donation =) <3

Steelio
07-15-2015, 09:17 AM
Thank you Bombs for the very kind donation of 2000 plat!

Steelio
07-15-2015, 09:22 AM
Thanks Fridged for the donation of 1000 plat!

Steelio
07-15-2015, 10:07 AM
Thanks to Zophie for the donation of 1000 plat!

Assassine
07-16-2015, 01:29 AM
I think i already know who you're talking about, but shoot me a message anyway :)

Steelio
07-17-2015, 09:26 AM
Oops :stormcloud:

Xenavire
07-17-2015, 10:41 AM
Set 3 is slated to be released on Tuesday, so that's our deadline. Keep the donations coming!

I believe thats actually still up in the air, but it is seeming the most likely date right now. :p

Steelio
07-17-2015, 01:29 PM
Edited ;]]]

I believe thats actually still up in the air, but it is seeming the most likely date right now. :p

Steelio
07-20-2015, 06:56 AM
Bump. Up to 12k plats worth of boosters and 12k gold, still taking donations and [potentially] not long left. Get those donations in while you can =)

Steelio
07-20-2015, 12:34 PM
Bump again and a quick update. With the launch of Set 3 tomorrow the donation pool will close about an hour after the server goes live. If you've pledged boosters then please send them to me asap so I can send it all off in one big bundle. A big thank you for all the donations so far, they are very much appreciated. I'll be posting screenshots here of the purchases and send-off, so stay tuned =)

Steelio
07-21-2015, 08:28 AM
^

Steelio
07-21-2015, 12:10 PM
Set 3 hype!

Made the purchase for 10.4k worth of boosters

Hit 2 Primals!

The send-off:

The message reads:

Dear Oss,

A big thank you from all of us in the HEX community for all of the work you put into the game. Here is a lil something to show our appreciation and gratitude for everything =) Keep it up chum.

All the best,

MajorDazmo, Xenavire, Sithos, Ivstone, Celendine, Bombs, Fridged, Zophie, Dinotropia, Reckless, Rapkannibale, Manticore, Fyren, Myself, your own fine person and the rest of the HEX community :P I did intend to send the 1k plat back but kind of forgot :P

If you didn't know or hadn't guessed already, the booster pool is for Ossuary. So thanks again Oss, all the <3 and keep it up =)

Thanks to all the people who donated plat and pledged boosters. I haven't received any boosters yet but will send them off as soon as they arrive. Thanks again guys, and great work :D

DanTheMeek
07-21-2015, 09:01 PM
So... just to recap, Oss didn't have the money to purchase packs for himself... but in the very thread intended to raise funds for him he was willing to donate so a random stranger could get packs? That is some character right there. I didn't donate but it sounds to me like the funds went to a worthy recipient.