PDA

View Full Version : AoM Launch Celebration Request

Selanius
07-15-2015, 12:24 PM
Right now, we don't know if the AoM patch is going to drop in time for the release celebration. This post makes the assumption that it is going to drop Thursday or Friday of this week.

I would greatly appreciate it as a player if you extended the release celebration by a single day (to Monday). I know this will allow for more Braves and Dukes in the game, but I think this would be a positive choice for the community because it would allow us to have a little less stress about jamming tournaments immediately. We could open a few chests, play a draft, check out gauntlet, and see what the game is about on Friday while still having enough time to get our playsets (of either Duke and/or Brace depending on the person). Under the original plan three days was a good amount of time because we had Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday to familiarize ourselves with the format and open chests, but now with that lead up time being a single day (or no days) it is a lot harder.

This would also be good for the business side of HEXEnt as more people will be jamming drafts/gauntlet so more platinum is taken out of the economy and people need to buy more generating you guys some much deserved cash.

EDIT: Now that we have confirmation that the release is being pushed back, I hope we get an announcement of what the plans for the release weekend are. I think having it during the VIP would be just fine, especially if the VIP tournaments give rewards.

Kami
07-15-2015, 12:42 PM
Personally, I feel it best to just delay it until Convocation week and skip the VIP weekend.

Then everyone has fun playing Set 3 during Convocation week and there's no conflict with VIP. :)

Selanius
07-15-2015, 12:44 PM
Personally, I feel it best to just delay it until Convocation week and skip the VIP weekend.

Then everyone has fun playing Set 3 during Convocation week and there's no conflict with VIP. :)

This would be a great solution too.

Incindium
07-15-2015, 12:45 PM
Convocation Week would be awful for all of us attending Gencon.

Khazrakh
07-15-2015, 12:48 PM
I don't think there is a perfect solution right now.
Personally I moved heaven and hell to be able to play non-stop this weekend. Next weekend I won't be able to play more than 1 or 2 drafts if at all mostly because I paid for this weekends time with next weekends.

shocker455
07-15-2015, 12:49 PM

indeed, almost be like it is punishing us for going.

Kami
07-15-2015, 12:50 PM

Well, Convocation week goes till August 6. I dunno, I'm just throwing out an idea really.

Gen Con ends Aug 2.

Selanius
07-15-2015, 12:56 PM
Extending the original celebration by 1 day doesn't hurt anyone except the small group of Scrooge McDucks that what their release promos to be worth 3000 plat instead of 2900 plat

Mahes
07-15-2015, 01:06 PM
I say they release it tomorrow given that last report from Chris. It sure did sound as though they would have the code ready soon now that they are pretty sure of the solution.

wolzarg
07-15-2015, 01:09 PM
Am i missing something isn't it friday to monday already? That's how it was last time at least.

Khazrakh
07-15-2015, 01:11 PM
Am i missing something isn't it friday to monday already? That's how it was last time at least.

Depends where you live - in Germany it's until Monday 19:00, that's 10:00 am pacific time ;)

wolzarg
07-15-2015, 01:16 PM
Depends where you live - in Germany it's until Monday 19:00, that's 10:00 am pacific time ;)
So that would be most of monday then excellent.

w00dy101
07-15-2015, 01:33 PM
The delay is awesome for me. There was no way for me to play this weekend but any other weekend would be great. So the delay worked out great for at least one person. And I do hope it is delayed until next weekend. :cool:

Selanius
07-15-2015, 01:36 PM
The delay is awesome for me. There was no way for me to play this weekend but any other weekend would be great. So the delay worked out great for at least one person. And I do hope it is delayed until next weekend. :cool:

They have not announced a delay in the release weekend. If the patch drops tomorrow they could easily move forward with the weekend as planned, I for one would appreciate an additional 24 hours or play time if thats the case.

EntropyBall
07-15-2015, 02:19 PM
Given that they just said they aren't patching until at least Monday, you can bet the release celebration is delayed. Personally, I hope its delayed until after GenCon. It's my only hope of playing in the release weekend, but it's also far enough away that some people who shifted stuff around to free up this weekend may have time to free up that weekend. Obviously it has the major downside of being a "celebration" that occurs 2+ weeks after release though...

magic_gazz
07-15-2015, 02:22 PM
I don't think they should worry about the timing of Gencon. The people going to Gencon makes up a small (and already lucky in my opinion) part of the player base.

EntropyBall
07-15-2015, 02:28 PM
I don't think they should worry about the timing of Gencon. The people going to Gencon makes up a small (and already lucky in my opinion) part of the player base.

Except it also includes a bunch of the Hex team, who I'm sure would actually like to be part of the release celebration for the thing they've been busting their asses on for weeks.

Raith
07-15-2015, 02:34 PM
I assume avoiding big events on Gencon weekend would have more to do with the number of Hex staff being out of the office rather than inconveniencing attending players. :)

Falling on the constructed VIP weekend isn't ideal, but it seems like delaying things until there is a truly open weekend would be worse. People are hyped for Set 3 so the sooner it's ready the better.

Selanius
07-15-2015, 03:03 PM
I assume avoiding big events on Gencon weekend would have more to do with the number of Hex staff being out of the office rather than inconveniencing attending players. :)

Falling on the constructed VIP weekend isn't ideal, but it seems like delaying things until there is a truly open weekend would be worse. People are hyped for Set 3 so the sooner it's ready the better.

Totally agree with this.

Kaiba_Graysoul
07-15-2015, 03:40 PM
Rolling it into the vip weekend makes the most sense to me but i can see arguments against this will be a headache for them to decide what to do and I think the biggest thing is that the arena 50% drop rate will eventually start effecting gold price which Chark will be worried about while phento will be more worried that people have a bad experience on release and Chris just wants to sleep.

Elwinz
07-15-2015, 03:40 PM
They have not announced a delay in the release weekend. If the patch drops tomorrow they could easily move forward with the weekend as planned, I for one would appreciate an additional 24 hours or play time if thats the case.

They did that.
Read the updated news from Chris Woods. Patch is not hitting before 20th and theres no celeberation this weekend

Selanius
07-15-2015, 03:51 PM
They did that.
Read the updated news from Chris Woods. Patch is not hitting before 20th and theres no celeberation this weekend

Yep, when I had posted they had not made the announcement yet.

The_Lannisters
07-15-2015, 03:54 PM
They did that.

The night is dark and full of terrors.

Vorpal
07-16-2015, 08:09 AM
Due to the set 3 delay, I ran arena a couple more times (I still have never seen urunaaz) and got enough gold to roll some chests. In the span of about 5 rolls, I got both a golden triple and a red triple! I am therefore able to face the delay with equanimity. Hopefully I can do some more arena tonight! So many chests to roll!