PDA

View Full Version : Johnny players Unite!

Chiron
07-16-2015, 07:08 PM
Hi!
My name is Chiron, and I'm a Johnny Player.
For the record, a Johnny player is somebody who loves unusual and powerful (or trollish) but inconsistent combos. I'm honored to know that Cory Jones is also a Johnny player. So what is your best Johnny deck???

I'll start. This deck was designed by Cory Jones, and slightly adapted by me. Its basically a Two-pact that has the potential to out heal damage done against it. While beating your opponent with something created by Jovial Pippit, something pulled with relentless corruption, or one of the bombs. Pippit can take care of any dead cards in your hand, and RNG for the win.

Champion: Running Deer

Blood Shard x10
Wild Shard x10
Shard of Ancients x4

Immortal Tears x4
Moon'ariu Sensei x4
Genesis Pool Naiad x4
Jovial Pippit x4
Pact of Pain x4
Relentless Corruption x4
Pact of Life x4
Extinction x4
Eternal Guardian x2
Wrathwood Colossus x2

So what's yours?

wolzarg
07-17-2015, 05:42 AM
Infinity timebug is my absolute favorit, not that i johnny a lot.

Showsni
07-17-2015, 06:21 AM
Sight combo is quite fun. Something like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XT4PL_csqxQ

YourOpponent
07-17-2015, 06:30 AM
I call mine "The Underground Hell Road." It is all tunnel troops + Parallel Evolution + Gore Feast, and Heat Wave. It's fun for PvP unless your opponent drops a VK or Soul Marble on you. Pretty simple really tunnel as much troops as you can while having board wipes for heat wave to keep most early starts from getting too strong while having Hypnoscientist come up at the same time you use a Parallel Evolution or GoreFeast with as many troops coming up with him as possible. Fun thing about this deck is with Parallel Evolution (and Underground Commander) and all that tunneling you really grow to love it when your opponent uses Time Ripple or a Buccaneer on something! Also all the 6 cost Ruby Troops for PvP are awesome except Rock Elemental that Hypnoscientist evolves into.

Champion: Poca (To Gore Feast or Parallel Evolve Blaze Elementals)

22 Shards

11 Ruby Shard
7 Wild Shard
4 Shard of Savagery

12 Actions

4 Parallel Evolution
4 Gore Feast
4 Heat Wave

Troops: 26

4 Escavation Bot
2 Escavation Hulk
4 Fissuresmith
4 Mesmeric Hypnoscientist
4 Scraptech Brawler
4 Cottontail Scout
4 Underfoot Commander

bwarner
07-17-2015, 08:13 AM
Wouldn't this thread make more sense in the Strategy and Decklists area?

Chiron
07-17-2015, 12:15 PM
Yes it would. This is my first post and i realized that after the fact. My apologies.

nicosharp
07-17-2015, 12:28 PM
Set 3 has my deck.
"If you build it, they will come"

Chiron
07-17-2015, 12:40 PM
Shwonsi, thanx! I should put Sight of the sun in my deck above.

NoahBuddy
07-19-2015, 04:52 AM
in set 1 i was playing a really janky wild sapphire deck centered around ancestor's chosen and spirit dance. it rarely beat anyone so i would play the ai with. it was really cool to dump a bunch of 0 cost 4/4 spirits that draw a card. sometimes you would string 4+ of those guys or even eye of creation for a huge jackpot.

now i play a similar deck in the arena that is fun but only works because of equips and the derpy ai but a i don't use spirit dance anymore.

i don't know why i was immediately drawn to wild sapphire considering how nonviable it is/was. come on set 3!

Xavon
07-19-2015, 06:56 AM
I have a Droo's Fist PvE with the equip. It uses Sapphire drawing and dwarves to play lots of artifacts to try to get Droo's Fist(s) an absurd number of counters.

Viziroth
07-20-2015, 07:06 AM
Plan C with Comet Strike in response.

Quantius
08-10-2015, 02:39 PM
I'll add my funsies decks here:

Robin's so Clutch

x4 Heroic Outlaw
x4 Cerulean Mirror Knight
x4 Royal Den Mother
x3 Royal Herald

x4 Mimic
x3 Replica Reinforcements
x4 Yesterday

x3 Oracle Song
x3 Zodiac Divination
x4 Crackling Wit

x4 Shard of Purpose
x4 Shard of Conquest
x4 Shard of Innovation
x5 Diamond Shard
x1 Ruby Shard
x6 Sapphire Shard

Pretty simple, you stall with CMK, Den Mother and Royal Herald letting in damage as carefully as possible. Then when you hit 1-5 life you should have one or more Heroic Outlaws in hand (using the Destruction and Ferocity gems in sockets - haste and deals damage to target champion). Play for free popping for 4 damage each, then create mimics/replicas and play those too, and if you have it, cast yesterday to bounce and do it all again.

So let's say you have 1 Robin (Heroic Outlaw), 1 mimic, 1 yesterday. Robin 4dmg, Mimic 4dmg > Yesterday > Robin 4dmg, Robin#2 4dmg, board is clear so attack for 8, 24 damage total.

Long Winter (my Sight of the Sun Variant) - updated with set 3

Winter Moon Champ

x4 Sight of the Sun
x2 Archmage Wrenlocke
x2 Bird 'o Plenty
x2 Thunderfield Seer
x2 Thenderfield Elder

x2 Syzygy
x2 Shrewd Manipulation
x2 Scheme
x3 Oracle Song
x3 Zodiac Divination
x4 Crackling Wit
x4 Arcane Focus

x4 Ragefire

x4 Shard of Innovation
x4 Shard of Instinct
x4 Shard of Savagery
x4 Wild Shard
x2 Ruby Shard
x6 Sapphire Shard

It feels faster and more consistent than the Pact of Pain version, syzygy really brought it together though and the prophecy cards with Winter Moon and Scheme are really excellent.

Scheme a scheme to have 5 schemes in the deck. Then use those to make quadruplicates of ragefires or of cards that have received the prophecy buffs. 0 cost Oracle Song that copies itself ... it's beautiful lol.

Yoss
08-10-2015, 02:44 PM
Plan C with Comet Strike in response.

RIP responding to one's own spells and abilities. :(