PDA

View Full Version : Specific Card Rulings and Clarifications, part III

Pages : [1] 2

JesseSqll
07-17-2015, 02:31 AM
If I have a Detonator in ongoing, and I play Silent Armor. If i discard Detonator for Silent Armor's gain effect, do I still get to destroy a card out of my discard pile? This also pertains to other cards that require an ongoing discard for extra effects.

Zero989
07-17-2015, 09:50 AM
For Teen Titan my friends and I are confused on some rules.

We know:

Cards played cannot be discarded until end of turn.

Questions:

Can an ongoing location be played from hand, resolved, then discarded to gain a card from the main deck?

Can a location card that's been put in play from a previous turn be resolved then discarded to gain card from a main deck?

Are these rules the same for non-location cards since resolving a location isn't playing the card?

Matt_Hyra
07-17-2015, 10:41 AM
If I have a Detonator in ongoing, and I play Silent Armor. If i discard Detonator for Silent Armor's gain effect, do I still get to destroy a card out of my discard pile? This also pertains to other cards that require an ongoing discard for extra effects.

No. Discarding the Detonator is a cost to activate that game text. If you discard it for some other reason, the Detonator text does not happen.

Matt_Hyra
07-17-2015, 10:47 AM
For Teen Titan my friends and I are confused on some rules.

We know:

Cards played cannot be discarded until end of turn.

Questions:

Can an ongoing location be played from hand, resolved, then discarded to gain a card from the main deck?

Can a location card that's been put in play from a previous turn be resolved then discarded to gain card from a main deck?

Are these rules the same for non-location cards since resolving a location isn't playing the card?

You may play a Location, use its text, and then discard it to activate Silent Armor's game text.
A Location that is already in play from a previous turn still has its Ongoing keyword, so it may also be discarded to activate Silent Armor's text.
Same rules for non-Location Ongoings. You "control" all cards in front of you, whether they are Ongoing or cards you have played during your turn.

AaronH
07-17-2015, 02:20 PM
Can Superboy Prime be used to gain Super Heroes from other sets? If so, do you need a physical copy of that character?

Skinner
07-17-2015, 02:57 PM
Can Superboy Prime be used to gain Super Heroes from other sets? If so, do you need a physical copy of that character?

These are both really up to your playgroup. Everyone should agree what Super Heroes should be available for Superboy Prime's effect before you start playing. If people want to keep to just unplayed Teen Titans, go with that. If everyone agrees that it should be a free-for-all from every game, that works too! Or any combination in-between. Whatever you guys have fun with!

Though per Richard Brady, lead designer on the set, "part of the fun was that you could be playing as Wonder Girl and then suddenly you're Wonder Woman, so set wise it's not supposed to have limits other than you should own the card". Do with that what you will! :)

xwolfxheartx
07-17-2015, 04:38 PM
I'm confused about Slade Wilsons effect. Do I get to draw an additional five cards? How does he work for me?

gerrymul
07-17-2015, 04:42 PM
Slade only lets you draw UP TO your full 5 cards at the beginning of your turn. So if you were forced to discard cards since you last drew your hand, you now can draw to get a full hand.

theredknight2111
07-17-2015, 10:52 PM
Hey so can I get more information about how the colony works? I don't quite understand it from the game text of the card. In addition, can I get more information for what it does with respect to the player with the colony using bane? And with respect to other players attacking the colony player with an attack like black lantern green arrow, where the attack reads that the opponent destroys the top card of their deck?

Matt_Hyra
07-18-2015, 01:54 AM
There is also section in the back of the rulebook on the Colony.

Some cards ask for you to discard an Ongoing card you control. Instead of discarding an actual Ongoing card, you can instead discard one of the cards under The Colony.

Bane only causes discards from hand.

The Colony has no interaction with an Attack like Black Lantern Green Arrow.

destroth
07-18-2015, 04:14 AM
If killer frost from crisis one or dr light from FE causes the colony to be discarded, what happen to cards under colony... Discard all together ?

unLimitedEnds
07-18-2015, 05:19 PM
If two players tie in victory points and are tied with the amount of Supervillains/Superheroes in their deck, how do you determine the winner? I heard that it was the player with the most cards in their deck, but personally I feel that is a little unjustified in Forever Evil (Deathstorm, Phantom Stranger).

danhenneke
07-18-2015, 05:22 PM
How does my Match interact with an opponents The Colony? If I destroy a card, does it go under The Colony and then back to my opponent?

danhenneke
07-18-2015, 05:23 PM
If your Superhero is face down and you play Superboy Prime, does your new hero come into play face up or face down?

Matt_Hyra
07-19-2015, 12:24 AM
If killer frost from crisis one or dr light from FE causes the colony to be discarded, what happen to cards under colony... Discard all together ?

Discard all the cards under The Colony.

Matt_Hyra
07-19-2015, 12:26 AM
If two players tie in victory points and are tied with the amount of Supervillains/Superheroes in their deck, how do you determine the winner? I heard that it was the player with the most cards in their deck, but personally I feel that is a little unjustified in Forever Evil (Deathstorm, Phantom Stranger).

More cards is the 2nd tie-breaker. If you don't win after scoring 10 VPs off one card, you might deserve to lose.

Matt_Hyra
07-19-2015, 12:27 AM
How does my Match interact with an opponents The Colony? If I destroy a card, does it go under The Colony and then back to my opponent?

You gain control of their Colony and other stuff. You destroy something of theirs. You would normally place it under The Colony, but it is leaving play when it does so, and Match tells you to put it into their discard pile when it leaves play instead.

Matt_Hyra
07-19-2015, 12:27 AM
If your Superhero is face down and you play Superboy Prime, does your new hero come into play face up or face down?

Face up.

kemony
07-19-2015, 02:02 AM
Here's a question:

Can a card ever be worth negative power?

The example that we experienced was a player revealed a Weakness card with the effect of Tamaran. Would this provide -1 power or would it function in the way that revealing a starter does?

dcgirl75
07-19-2015, 05:12 AM
Hello I have a few questions for Cadmus Labs it states that choose a hero with cost 3 or less I control. Put it into your hand. So lets say I play Miss Martian (iIf this is first card I play this turn set your hand aside and draw 5 cards)so I play first her put aside my hand and draw five more. Can I pick her up and do it do it again assuming I haven't played another card? Or is it just 1 point the second time I play it? I wasn't sure if it was a redo card or play it again.
Also if I play J'onn J'onzz with Slade Wilson as the Super Villain he is then an ongoing card correct?

AaronH
07-19-2015, 08:50 AM
Discard all the cards under The Colony.

They would be discarded to the destroyed pile and not the player's discard pile, correct?

aoineko
07-19-2015, 09:10 AM
Here's a question:

Can a card ever be worth negative power?

The example that we experienced was a player revealed a Weakness card with the effect of Tamaran. Would this provide -1 power or would it function in the way that revealing a starter does?

A card can have negative Power, however, this situation doesn't work with Tamaran. If a card is looking at a value on another card, and that value is negative, it is treated as zero. This works for all card like that. So, Tamaran would be zero Power if it discards a Weakness, not -1.

aoineko
07-19-2015, 09:14 AM
Hello I have a few questions for Cadmus Labs it states that choose a hero with cost 3 or less I control. Put it into your hand. So lets say I play Miss Martian (iIf this is first card I play this turn set your hand aside and draw 5 cards)so I play first her put aside my hand and draw five more. Can I pick her up and do it do it again assuming I haven't played another card? Or is it just 1 point the second time I play it? I wasn't sure if it was a redo card or play it again.

Whether or not you have a card in play, you still already played a card. So, playing Miss Martian after using Cadmus Labs will only net you +1 Power.

Also if I play J'onn J'onzz with Slade Wilson as the Super Villain he is then an ongoing card correct?

He counts as playing an Ongoing card, but goes back to the Super-Villain stack before you can play any other cards.

aoineko
07-19-2015, 09:15 AM
They would be discarded to the destroyed pile and not the player's discard pile, correct?

Incorrect. Whenever you "discard" a card, it goes to your discard pile. Never destroyed pile.

AaronH
07-19-2015, 09:24 AM
Incorrect. Whenever you "discard" a card, it goes to your discard pile. Never destroyed pile.

Hmm...I don't have the Colony in front of me, so I couldn't check the game text. Isn't that the card where, when you destroy a card, it goes under the Colony instead and you can use that as "discards" instead of ongoings? Why would you get those cards back if they're destroyed?

Completely possible I am misremembering the mechanics of the card, though. Only got to play the set a couple of times so far, and my copy hasn't been delivered yet.

Matt_Hyra
07-19-2015, 10:11 PM
Hmm...I don't have the Colony in front of me, so I couldn't check the game text. Isn't that the card where, when you destroy a card, it goes under the Colony instead and you can use that as "discards" instead of ongoings? Why would you get those cards back if they're destroyed?

Completely possible I am misremembering the mechanics of the card, though. Only got to play the set a couple of times so far, and my copy hasn't been delivered yet.

They were destroyed, and are currently under the Lab. If you use the discard ability of the Lab, you are un-destroying the card. So you discard it to your own discard pile.

MStreva89
07-20-2015, 06:09 AM
Matt, few questions.

1) Arrow: Crossover Character cards can place cards underneath them, if the game ends with cards underneath, do they count towards VP?

2) Arrow: Crossover Character cards utilize cards underneath them, I assume they cannot interact with negative effects such as Atrocitus FAA? Please confirm.

3) Can Kid Flash (Character) use his effect twice if, example Blackfire grabs 2 Super Powers from the Line-Up? Or is it only considered one instance of gaining rather than 2 instances? (If a single card effect causes him to gain multiple cards, can he trigger each one for his effect?)

4) Does Harley Quinn (Character) benefit from discarding Ongoing's in Teen Titans?

5) Does Jaime Reyes count as being played the following turn for effects like Animal Man (Character)?

6) If I destroy cards and place them under The Colony, when the game ends do they count for VPs?

7) If there are cards underneath The Colony and it is discarded or destroyed by a card effect, where do the cards under go?

8) In regards to Shapeshift and Kyle Rayner, would it auto win the game?

9) Is there anyone I can contact about Cryptozoic HelpDesk not responding to me?

destroth
07-20-2015, 09:43 AM
If swamp thing character destroy a card while colony is in the line up or other player's control , what happen then? If player I take it that it will go to them, but if line up ? And someone bought it from the line up?

Matt_Hyra
07-20-2015, 10:22 AM
Matt, few questions.

1) Arrow: Crossover Character cards can place cards underneath them, if the game ends with cards underneath, do they count towards VP?

2) Arrow: Crossover Character cards utilize cards underneath them, I assume they cannot interact with negative effects such as Atrocitus FAA? Please confirm.

3) Can Kid Flash (Character) use his effect twice if, example Blackfire grabs 2 Super Powers from the Line-Up? Or is it only considered one instance of gaining rather than 2 instances? (If a single card effect causes him to gain multiple cards, can he trigger each one for his effect?)

4) Does Harley Quinn (Character) benefit from discarding Ongoing's in Teen Titans?

5) Does Jaime Reyes count as being played the following turn for effects like Animal Man (Character)?

6) If I destroy cards and place them under The Colony, when the game ends do they count for VPs?

7) If there are cards underneath The Colony and it is discarded or destroyed by a card effect, where do the cards under go?

8) In regards to Shapeshift and Kyle Rayner, would it auto win the game?

9) Is there anyone I can contact about Cryptozoic HelpDesk not responding to me?

1. No
2. Correct. Keep them separate.
3. Each card gained triggers the "Whenever."
4. Yes
5. Yes, as it says to play it.
6. No
7. They are discarded to your discard pile. (This appears on page 12 of the rulebook.)
8. No, you still have to play three physical cards with different names (errata version of KR). Three Shapeshifts all have the same names.
9. I'll let them know.

Matt_Hyra
07-20-2015, 10:42 AM
If swamp thing character destroy a card while colony is in the line up or other player's control , what happen then? If player I take it that it will go to them, but if line up ? And someone bought it from the line up?

If another player controls The Colony: The destroyed card stays under it.
If The Colony is in the Line-Up: The card remains under The Colony. When it is bought, the buyer also gains the card under it.

MStreva89
07-20-2015, 11:03 AM
Thanks Matt, you da man!

Also, love the Teen Titans addition and all the cool interactions we've had with the previous versions and new Characters.

MrCheeX0R
07-20-2015, 12:55 PM
I have a question about locations in the Street Fighter DBG.

What happens to the top card of the main deck when a location is played which allows the player to acquire the top card if that card is of a specific type and the card on top of the main deck is not that specific type? Does the card remain on top of the deck?

If that card remains on top of the main deck, does that mean this would be a correct possibility that if a player has three locations which allow them to acquire the top card of the main deck if it is a hero/villain/equipment, they start by playing the "equipment" location, see that the top card is actually a villain, so then play the location to acquire the top card if it's a villain, acquire the card and then play the location which acquires the top card if it's a hero?

Thanks for the clarification.

AaronH
07-20-2015, 01:09 PM
They were destroyed, and are currently under the Lab. If you use the discard ability of the Lab, you are un-destroying the card. So you discard it to your own discard pile.

Excellent. Thanks for the clarification, Matt.

aoineko
07-20-2015, 02:35 PM
I have a question about locations in the Street Fighter DBG.

What happens to the top card of the main deck when a location is played which allows the player to acquire the top card if that card is of a specific type and the card on top of the main deck is not that specific type? Does the card remain on top of the deck?

If that card remains on top of the main deck, does that mean this would be a correct possibility that if a player has three locations which allow them to acquire the top card of the main deck if it is a hero/villain/equipment, they start by playing the "equipment" location, see that the top card is actually a villain, so then play the location to acquire the top card if it's a villain, acquire the card and then play the location which acquires the top card if it's a hero?

Thanks for the clarification.

If you're not told to move a revealed card somewhere it stays wherever it was revealed from. Hand, deck, main deck. They're all the same for this.

Your scenario would work as you outlined. Although, keep in mind you are "using" not "playing" the Locations you have in play. They don't count as being played on the turns after the one you actually put them into play.

MrCheeX0R
07-20-2015, 03:11 PM
If you're not told to move a revealed card somewhere it stays wherever it was revealed from. Hand, deck, main deck. They're all the same for this.

Your scenario would work as you outlined. Although, keep in mind you are "using" not "playing" the Locations you have in play. They don't count as being played on the turns after the one you actually put them into play.

Fantastic, thanks for the info.

destroth
07-20-2015, 09:33 PM
If The Colony is in the Line-Up: The card remains under The Colony. When it is bought, the buyer also gains the card under it.

Thx Matt!

ProfessorAragorn
07-20-2015, 11:54 PM
Hi there, long time lurker first time questioner. I have some questions with the new release of Teen Titans:

1. Jericho's attack allows a player to gain another hero's game text. If Monsieur Mallah and the Brain caused heros to be flipped over prior to this card being played does the person who played Jericho actually gain a super hero ability of the flipped down hero or does it not work?

2. If I have the colony in play and some other ongoing cards can I discard multiple destroyed cards underneath the colony to say activate molecular vibration more than once per turn?

Thanks for the help.

Matt_Hyra
07-21-2015, 12:56 AM
1. If the Super Hero is face down, Jericho can't see it to use it.

2. Molecular Vibration requires you to discard Molecular Vibration ("this card")... not any Ongoing... to use the ability. If a card doesn't discard itself, doesn't say "once per turn," and can be activated in some way, you can activate it multiple times.

jakecav18
07-21-2015, 06:41 AM
I wish I had The Colony in front of me so I'm not entirely ignorant, but say there was a discardable ongoing card like Molecular Vibration under The Colony. Would you be able to discard it from under The Colony for its draw card effect?

Slightly related: are the cards under The Colony considered under your control? Are they considered in play?

BenJazz
07-21-2015, 06:51 AM
I wish I had The Colony in front of me so I'm not entirely ignorant, but say there was a discardable ongoing card like Molecular Vibration under The Colony. Would you be able to discard it from under The Colony for its draw card effect?

Slightly related: are the cards under The Colony considered under your control? Are they considered in play?

You would not be able to discard it with another card and still get it's effect. For cards that say "Ongoing: Discard ..." are only activated when it is actively discarded by the player and not a different card.

The cards under Colony are not under your control and are not considered in play. At the end of the game any cards still under The Colony will not be counted towards your VP total and the cards under Colony do not count towards effects such as Cybernetic Enhancement, Vic Stone or abilities like Starefire's oversized character card. They are just there to lend a helping hand but otherwise have no effects or benefits other than being discardable.

jakecav18
07-21-2015, 10:13 AM
I mean just discard Molecular Vibration from under The Colony to draw a card per Molecular Vibration's text. I'm not talking about any interaction with cards like silent armor and static.

Matt_Hyra
07-21-2015, 10:33 AM
I mean just discard Molecular Vibration from under The Colony to draw a card per Molecular Vibration's text. I'm not talking about any interaction with cards like silent armor and static.

You do not get the effect of the card that you discard from under The Colony. The cards under it are essentially blank tokens.

jakecav18
07-21-2015, 11:50 AM
The cards under it are essentially blank tokens.

Perfect way to put it for me. Thank you. I will, however use discretion when deciding which "token" to spend when I play a Static or Silent armor, as that token will be going back into my deck

MStreva89
07-22-2015, 08:32 AM
If Swamp Thing [Character] uses The Colony [Location] that another player controls and discards a card from underneath it, does it go to the Swamp Thing's discard pile or the original controller's?

Matt_Hyra
07-22-2015, 11:17 AM
If Swamp Thing [Character] uses The Colony [Location] that another player controls and discards a card from underneath it, does it go to the Swamp Thing's discard pile or the original controller's?

It goes to the discard pile of the current controller of The Colony. If you are Swamp Thing, then you are the current controller.

IAmTheGreat
07-22-2015, 12:27 PM
Is it safe to assume if Dr light is the last villain and someone defends his FAA, he won't attack again and again until nobody defends him?

Matt_Hyra
07-22-2015, 03:33 PM
Is it safe to assume if Dr light is the last villain and someone defends his FAA, he won't attack again and again until nobody defends him?

Correct.

He remains on top of the stack, he doesn't shuffle in, so he does not "appear" again. He just attacks once whether or not anyone defends.

ProfessorAragorn
07-22-2015, 03:49 PM
Another Question:

Can cards like Molecular Vibration or Azarath Metrion Zenthos be played outside of it's controller's turn similar to Force Field?

LexLuthorJr
07-22-2015, 09:00 PM
New Titans Tower states you can draw a card the first time you play an Ongoing, including itself.

Tactile Telekinesis says you can destroy the top card of your deck the first time you play a Super Power.

Does Tactile Telekinesis trigger itself if it's the first Super Power you play? It doesn't say it does, but I don't get why New Titans Tower would trigger itself and Tactile Telekinesis would not.

aoineko
07-23-2015, 02:17 AM
Another Question:

Can cards like Molecular Vibration or Azarath Metrion Zenthos be played outside of it's controller's turn similar to Force Field?

No. You can only use the discard effects during your turn.

aoineko
07-23-2015, 02:18 AM
New Titans Tower states you can draw a card the first time you play an Ongoing, including itself.

Tactile Telekinesis says you can destroy the top card of your deck the first time you play a Super Power.

Does Tactile Telekinesis trigger itself if it's the first Super Power you play? It doesn't say it does, but I don't get why New Titans Tower would trigger itself and Tactile Telekinesis would not.

They both trigger off of themselves. The reminder text (italicized text in parentheses) being included on New Titans Tower, but not Tactile Telekenesis was an oversight.

IAmTheGreat
07-23-2015, 09:55 AM
Would Arrow Crossover Superheroes be able to add the card Atrocitus's FAA stuck under your Hero back in to your hand? Or would you keep 2 different sets of cards under your hero?

MStreva89
07-23-2015, 10:30 AM
Directly from Matt regarding my same question.

"2) Arrow: Crossover Character cards utilize cards underneath them, I assume they cannot interact with negative effects such as Atrocitus FAA? Please confirm."

2. Correct. Keep them separate.

Supriz
07-23-2015, 12:10 PM
For cards like Vic Stone, ravager, and cybernetic enhancement does swamp thing "Big Hero Card" Still activate and gain effects due to being in control of locations in the opposing player and in line up locations? Assuming of course your opponents have locations and there are some in the line up.

Matt_Hyra
07-23-2015, 12:23 PM
For cards like Vic Stone, ravager, and cybernetic enhancement does swamp thing "Big Hero Card" Still activate and gain effects due to being in control of locations in the opposing player and in line up locations? Assuming of course your opponents have locations and there are some in the line up.

Swamp Thing does count as controlling those Locations, so your Vic Stone and other things looking for Ongoings will work.

IAmTheGreat
07-23-2015, 05:15 PM
If your first hero is Jericho and you copy Saint Walker can you trigger his effect when Jericho resolves?

TPlush
07-23-2015, 07:56 PM
With Dick Grayson, does Trigon count as an Ongoing card? Also if I use Garfield Logan's effect on a card that is an ongoing card, does the ongoing card remain the second type as long as it is in play? Say I choose Hero, then play Zoo Keeper. Is Zoo Keeper a Villain and a Hero until I discard it?

IAmTheGreat
07-23-2015, 11:33 PM
In addition to Tplush'es Garfield question, if say you call equipment then discard a super villain with, say, metropolis, is it an equipment in the discard for that turn? So you could pick it up with Robin?

jakecav18
07-24-2015, 04:31 AM
With Dick Grayson, does Trigon count as an Ongoing card? Also if I use Garfield Logan's effect on a card that is an ongoing card, does the ongoing card remain the second type as long as it is in play? Say I choose Hero, then play Zoo Keeper. Is Zoo Keeper a Villain and a Hero until I discard it?

In addition to Tplush'es Garfield question, if say you call equipment then discard a super villain with, say, metropolis, is it an equipment in the discard for that turn? So you could pick it up with Robin?

If these are the cases, then Garfield is SO GOOD. Like, fight each other to buy it first good. Like maybe it should cost six good. I've played two games in which one player got it in one of his first 4 turns and won handedly because he could pop his super hero ability earlier and with much more consistency.

Matt_Hyra
07-24-2015, 10:58 AM
If your first hero is Jericho and you copy Saint Walker can you trigger his effect when Jericho resolves?

No, as by the time you gain that SW ability, the event has already taken place. And the first time you played a Hero has then passed after you gain that text.

Matt_Hyra
07-24-2015, 11:02 AM

Grayson: Stack Ongoing is different than Ongoing, so no.
Logan: The effect ends at the end of your turn.

IAmTheGreat
07-24-2015, 01:53 PM
With Jericho that doesn't make sense, since when you play a hero you fully resolve the card then trigger Saint Walkers ability. So you would fully let Jericho resolve and then have it's ability in time to trigger the effect

aoineko
07-24-2015, 02:01 PM
With Jericho that doesn't make sense, since when you play a hero you fully resolve the card then trigger Saint Walkers ability. So you would fully let Jericho resolve and then have it's ability in time to trigger the effect

Not quite. Any "when you play" effects trigger when you play the card. They don't resolve until after the card played to trigger the effect resolves.

So, it would be:

Play Jericho.
Any events that trigger from playing Jericho trigger.
Resolve Jericho and gain Saint Walker's effect.
Resolve all effects that triggered.

Matt_Hyra
07-24-2015, 06:43 PM

It remains an Equipment for the rest of the turn. This breaks a rule of the game, which cards are allowed to do. Normally, cards lose any effects that were hanging onto them when they switch zones. Yes, you could pick it up with Robin.

dcgirl75
07-24-2015, 07:56 PM
I have a few questions. In Crisis mode if you play with Sara Lance do the cards get destroyed or go under her? Also with collapsible staff do the villains go under your hero or destroyed in crisis mode?
Finally for Cadmus Labs is it a redo card or play it again? Just a little confused.

Matt_Hyra
07-24-2015, 11:11 PM
I have a few questions. In Crisis mode if you play with Sara Lance do the cards get destroyed or go under her? Also with collapsible staff do the villains go under your hero or destroyed in crisis mode?
Finally for Cadmus Labs is it a redo card or play it again? Just a little confused.

Sara Lance and the Staff would still destroy the Villains in Crisis.
Cadmus Labs is an additional play. The effects from the first play remain.

Eucser
07-25-2015, 03:28 AM
This seems obvious but does Shapeshift itself allow you to use Starfire's ability to destroy?

GuruGuru214
07-25-2015, 04:50 AM
First off, if an Ongoing card with the text "once per turn" is used, then discarded by another card, then returned to the hand by another card, then put back into play, would you be able to use its "once per turn" effect again? We had this come up tonight and I wasn't sure if the card passing out of play and through the discard pile reset its "once per turn" text. (Edit: Just saw this get answered in another thread (http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=44845).)

Second, in the "Ultra-Competitive Super Hero Draft" variant, would the cards chosen to be removed from the game during the draft phase be eligible for Superboy Prime's effect?

Third, can cards that have been made Ongoing by Firestorm Matrix be discarded (and thus saved from end of game destruction) by cards that target and discard Ongoing cards? I assume so, but I just thought I'd make sure.

Hey so can I get more information about how the colony works? I don't quite understand it from the game text of the card. In addition, can I get more information for what it does with respect to the player with the colony using bane? And with respect to other players attacking the colony player with an attack like black lantern green arrow, where the attack reads that the opponent destroys the top card of their deck?

There is also section in the back of the rulebook on the Colony.

Some cards ask for you to discard an Ongoing card you control. Instead of discarding an actual Ongoing card, you can instead discard one of the cards under The Colony.

Bane only causes discards from hand.

The Colony has no interaction with an Attack like Black Lantern Green Arrow.

But in regards to The Colony's first effect, to put cards you destroy under it, the cards you destroy to pay oversized Bane's cost or as a result of an attack like Black Lantern Green Arrow could be placed under The Colony?

A card can have negative Power, however, this situation doesn't work with Tamaran. If a card is looking at a value on another card, and that value is negative, it is treated as zero. This works for all card like that. So, Tamaran would be zero Power if it discards a Weakness, not -1.

So in what case could a card have negative Power? I don't think I've seen any situation where this would be possible.

TPlush
07-25-2015, 02:24 PM
Sara Lance and the Staff would still destroy the Villains in Crisis.
Cadmus Labs is an additional play. The effects from the first play remain.Who exactly destroys villains in Crisis Mode? Asking because can a villain be placed under The Colony in Crisis Mode if you have the Colony and you buy it from the lineup? Likewise can you place a defeated Super Villain under it?

shaneseuring
07-25-2015, 03:00 PM
My questions have to deal with Swamp Thing and the latest Teen Titans release.

If I have Swamp Thing and I play a card which says to discard an ongoing can I discard a foes Location?

What about a location in the line up?

What happens if I have Swamp Thing and The Colony is in the Line up and I destroy a card? Do I put it under The Colony in the Line up?

What about if I end my turn after that? Do the cards remain under The Colony until someone buys it?

MStreva89
07-26-2015, 10:12 AM
Second, in the "Ultra-Competitive Super Hero Draft" variant, would the cards chosen to be removed from the game during the draft phase be eligible for Superboy Prime's effect?

In my play group we do the banning draft style play and our rule with Superboy Prime is that any Character that is banned or eliminated from the card pool is no longer considered in Superboy Prime's "jurisdiction" and therefore cannot be effected. Furthermore, since we play best 2 out of 3, any Character swapped into the game with his effect is not considered "picked" therefore will NOT be banned for the following games. This is to eliminate Superboy Prime's potential ability to start "banning" Characters mid-game and effect the following games, merely use his ability to start changing your current play and work out a better strategy in that game.

SpiritDetective
07-26-2015, 06:07 PM
Explosive Arrow says

+1 Power and choose a foe
Attack: Destroy a card under that foe's Super Hero, and then put this card under your Super Hero.

For Explosive Arrow, do you get to look at the cards under a foe's superhero or do those cards remain facedown?

GuruGuru214
07-26-2015, 06:26 PM
In my play group we do the banning draft style play and our rule with Superboy Prime is that any Character that is banned or eliminated from the card pool is no longer considered in Superboy Prime's "jurisdiction" and therefore cannot be effected.

Yeah, I think that's the way my group's leaning on it. I would probably say that banned characters should be valid picks if you're only playing with the Teen Titans set (otherwise your options will be few to none), but when playing with the full set of Super Heroes, there's too much potential in using him to circumvent bans.

I was just curious what the official word on it was, though, not taking into account two headed and full set games, just drafting from the original eight.

unLimitedEnds
07-26-2015, 09:16 PM
Teen Titans: For the oversized Superheroes in Teen Titans (i.e. Red Robin), can I choose when I activate his ability (I can activate his ability on the third hero I play instead of the second)? Or does it automatically trigger when I control two heroes?

Teen Titans: Does the card Shapeshift (Teen Titans) also take on the colors of the cards or only the card types?

Teen Titans: If I play one H.I.V.E Agent first (+0 Power), then I play another H.I.V.E Agent (+2 Power for the second copy), does the first copy get +2 Power as well? For a total of +4 power that turn if they are the only cards I play this turn.

Teen Titans: Attacking with Match, if I discard an Ongoing card an opponent controls, that card does not return to play correct? It highlights this effect on the card, just wanted to double-check this is correct due to the previous ruling where when you mess with an opponent's field/cards they get returned.

Crossover pack 1: Does Doctor Fate +1 Power ability trigger twice if I play two sets of 3-4? (i.e Kick (3) - Suicide Squad(4) and Nth Metal (3) - Mera (4) in the same turn)

Crossover pack 1: Jay Garrick - If I have New Genesis (reveal top card, if it's a hero draw it, else you may discard it) and I reveal the top card to be a Hero, can I use Jay Garrick's ability to discard the hero and draw the next one instead?

Matt_Hyra
07-26-2015, 11:12 PM
This seems obvious but does Shapeshift itself allow you to use Starfire's ability to destroy?

Yes

Matt_Hyra
07-26-2015, 11:17 PM

Yes

Third, can cards that have been made Ongoing by Firestorm Matrix be discarded (and thus saved from end of game destruction) by cards that target and discard Ongoing cards? I assume so, but I just thought I'd make sure.

Yes, as it gains the keyword Ongoing.

But in regards to The Colony's first effect, to put cards you destroy under it, the cards you destroy to pay oversized Bane's cost or as a result of an attack like Black Lantern Green Arrow could be placed under The Colony?

Yes

So in what case could a card have negative Power? I don't think I've seen any situation where this would be possible.

Currently none.

Matt_Hyra
07-26-2015, 11:22 PM
Who exactly destroys villains in Crisis Mode? Asking because can a villain be placed under The Colony in Crisis Mode if you have the Colony and you buy it from the lineup? Likewise can you place a defeated Super Villain under it?

You are destroying the card as an effect of buying it, so it can go under The Colony.
Super-Villains are removed from game when defeated, so they don't work.

Matt_Hyra
07-26-2015, 11:26 PM
My questions have to deal with Swamp Thing and the latest Teen Titans release.

If I have Swamp Thing and I play a card which says to discard an ongoing can I discard a foes Location?

Yes, but it goes back to their in play zone after. As a rule, anything that messes with your opponent's stuff goes back to them unless that is the specific effect of the card (Broadsword).

What about a location in the line up?

Yes & goes back at end of turn.

What happens if I have Swamp Thing and The Colony is in the Line up and I destroy a card? Do I put it under The Colony in the Line up?
What about if I end my turn after that? Do the cards remain under The Colony until someone buys it?

Yes, cards can go under The Colony while in the Line-Up. Whoever buys The Colony gains that card.

Matt_Hyra
07-26-2015, 11:35 PM
Explosive Arrow says

+1 Power and choose a foe
Attack: Destroy a card under that foe's Super Hero, and then put this card under your Super Hero.

For Explosive Arrow, do you get to look at the cards under a foe's superhero or do those cards remain facedown?

You get to look at them first.

Matt_Hyra
07-26-2015, 11:41 PM
Teen Titans: For the oversized Superheroes in Teen Titans (i.e. Red Robin), can I choose when I activate his ability (I can activate his ability on the third hero I play instead of the second)? Or does it automatically trigger when I control two heroes?

It does not auto-trigger. The "Once during" means you can do it whenever.

Teen Titans: Does the card Shapeshift (Teen Titans) also take on the colors of the cards or only the card types?

Only types. Not the colors.

Teen Titans: If I play one H.I.V.E Agent first (+0 Power), then I play another H.I.V.E Agent (+2 Power for the second copy), does the first copy get +2 Power as well? For a total of +4 power that turn if they are the only cards I play this turn.

The first one does not retroactively get +2. They do not say "play or have played" (or "control or at some point control").

Crossover pack 1: Does Doctor Fate +1 Power ability trigger twice if I play two sets of 3-4? (i.e Kick (3) - Suicide Squad(4) and Nth Metal (3) - Mera (4) in the same turn)

Yes

Crossover pack 1: Jay Garrick - If I have New Genesis (reveal top card, if it's a hero draw it, else you may discard it) and I reveal the top card to be a Hero, can I use Jay Garrick's ability to discard the hero and draw the next one instead?

Yes

GuruGuru214
07-27-2015, 02:34 AM
Yes, but it goes back to their in play zone after. As a rule, anything that messes with your opponent's stuff goes back to them unless that is the specific effect of the card (Broadsword).

So since cards under The Colony are "destroyed" and don't score at the end unless you get them out from under The Colony, do those cards count as "your opponent's stuff"? Or are they cards without ownership until somebody discards them from under The Colony?

So if you're Swamp Thing and your opponent has The Colony with cards under it, and you discard one of those cards to pay a "discard an ongoing" cost, whose discard does it go to? What about if The Colony is in the Line-Up with cards under it? The cards don't belong to anybody until The Colony is bought, and the Line-Up doesn't have a discard pile, so where would they go other than to your own discard? Into the Line-Up? Back under The Colony after your turn?

Sorry, that question got a bit long. I kept thinking of more hypotheticals as I typed it. The Colony is a pretty simple concept on the surface, but gets really interesting when you pair it with the effects of other cards.

Edit: Also, this seems as good a place as any to point out, I noticed that on page 13 of the rulebook, Psimon's clarification has a bit of extra text at the end of it. It looks like part of the clarification for Man-Bat and Catwoman from page 14 of the Forever Evil rulebook.

BenJazz
07-27-2015, 06:27 AM
I had a question about Shapeshift and some of the Crises from the Crisis 1 expansion. Since Shapeshift has the card text which makes it an equipment, hero and villain (along with it's normal Super Power type) how does that work for Crisis cards that read "[TYPE] loose all text and have +1 power instead" (Legion of Doom, Electromagnetic Pulse, etc.)? It would seem that when one of these Crisis cards come out, Shapeshift looses it text and becomes +1 power and only a Super Power. Then again, it looses its text so it is no longer the other types (which may retroactively give it its text back??). My group thought that it would become +1 power and remain only a Super Power until the Crisis was beaten. Is there an official ruling on these situations?

Also, how would that work for destroying the types to defeat said Crisis card. With our understanding it can only be destroyed as a Super Power but if there is a different ruling then it would be nice to see clarification on this as well.

Thanks.

IAmTheGreat
07-27-2015, 08:32 AM
With Jericho, whats an easy way to know if you can trigger a gained ability immediately and which characters need you to satisfy their conditions after gaining their ability? Such as playing 2 Villains, and then gaining Martian Manhunters ability? There are some characters that say 'the first time X', and you do X, then gain an ability, can you satisfy the condition again and trigger that ability, such as with The Flashes extra draw?

Rtsands45
07-27-2015, 11:19 AM
I have a problem with your current rulings that Swampthing can use card effects to discard "ongoing" locations from the middle or opponents control contradicts the rules in the rule-book. The rule-book states that "a player cannot benefit from cards owned by other players or in the lineup." under the control or ongoing portion of the rulebook. The problem with swampthing is while he does check to see if there are locations he can use and thus use their ability, other cards which say discard an ongoing you control conflicts with the rulebook as the ongoing is still actually "controlled" by an opponent or if it is in middle therefore he should not be able to benefit from that.

This is different from Match with states that you gain "control" of all "ongoing" cards target foe controls. You fulfill both conditions for being in control of the "ongoing" cards and your opponent doesn't control them until end of turn.

jakecav18
07-27-2015, 11:53 AM
After a few answers Matt has given, I am now confused as to the intent of both Match and Shapeshift.

1) So if I play Match and my opponent controls a Molecular Vibration, can I discard that card from play, put it into my opponent's discard pile, and draw one card? Or does the Molecular Vibration just go right back into play in my opponent's control after I've ended my turn? I thought it stayed discarded in my opponent's discard pile.

2) Shapeshift in relation to Starfire threw me for a loop. You're telling me I can play Shapeshift as my first card on my turn, then play a Weakness and destroy that weakness with Starfire's ability? That is crazy good. When I get back home, I need to recheck some card text to see if there are other similar scenarios I can exploit.

theredknight2111
07-27-2015, 12:43 PM
I had a question for something that happened last night.
If I use white lantern deadmans ability to play Ras Al Ghoul from the foes hand, would it go back to their end when I was done or would it go at the bottom of their deck?

I am relatively sure it is the hand but I just wanted to make sure.

Matt_Hyra
07-27-2015, 01:03 PM
So since cards under The Colony are "destroyed" and don't score at the end unless you get them out from under The Colony, do those cards count as "your opponent's stuff"? Or are they cards without ownership until somebody discards them from under The Colony?

They are ownerless. They aren't counted amongst "destroyed cards" (Owlman, etc) either.

So if you're Swamp Thing and your opponent has The Colony with cards under it, and you discard one of those cards to pay a "discard an ongoing" cost, whose discard does it go to?

The discard pile of the player who controls The Colony.

What about if The Colony is in the Line-Up with cards under it? The cards don't belong to anybody until The Colony is bought, and the Line-Up doesn't have a discard pile, so where would they go other than to your own discard? Into the Line-Up? Back under The Colony after your turn?

Sorry, that question got a bit long. I kept thinking of more hypotheticals as I typed it. The Colony is a pretty simple concept on the surface, but gets really interesting when you pair it with the effects of other cards.

To your discard pile.

Edit: Also, this seems as good a place as any to point out, I noticed that on page 13 of the rulebook, Psimon's clarification has a bit of extra text at the end of it. It looks like part of the clarification for Man-Bat and Catwoman from page 14 of the Forever Evil rulebook.

Yes. The TT rulebook was built on the FE frame, and that text was inadvertently left in.

Matt_Hyra
07-27-2015, 01:09 PM
I had a question about Shapeshift and some of the Crises from the Crisis 1 expansion. Since Shapeshift has the card text which makes it an equipment, hero and villain (along with it's normal Super Power type) how does that work for Crisis cards that read "[TYPE] loose all text and have +1 power instead" (Legion of Doom, Electromagnetic Pulse, etc.)? It would seem that when one of these Crisis cards come out, Shapeshift looses it text and becomes +1 power and only a Super Power. Then again, it looses its text so it is no longer the other types (which may retroactively give it its text back??). My group thought that it would become +1 power and remain only a Super Power until the Crisis was beaten. Is there an official ruling on these situations?

It just goes to +1 Power only and doesn't loop around.

Also, how would that work for destroying the types to defeat said Crisis card. With our understanding it can only be destroyed as a Super Power but if there is a different ruling then it would be nice to see clarification on this as well.

Thanks.

It is only a Super Power while the text is negated.

Matt_Hyra
07-27-2015, 01:17 PM
With Jericho, whats an easy way to know if you can trigger a gained ability immediately and which characters need you to satisfy their conditions after gaining their ability? Such as playing 2 Villains, and then gaining Martian Manhunters ability? There are some characters that say 'the first time X', and you do X, then gain an ability, can you satisfy the condition again and trigger that ability, such as with The Flashes extra draw?

"Once during your turn" = Do that whenever you wish during your turn.
"If you have played" = You have to have already played the stuff.
"The first time" = If you already played that thing before gaining the trigger, you are too late.

Because SuperHeroes are usually already in play (except for by Jericho, etc), they don't need to say "Or have played." So gaining MM's ability after the fact will not trigger him.

Matt_Hyra
07-27-2015, 01:21 PM
I have a problem with your current rulings that Swampthing can use card effects to discard "ongoing" locations from the middle or opponents control contradicts the rules in the rule-book. The rule-book states that "a player cannot benefit from cards owned by other players or in the lineup." under the control or ongoing portion of the rulebook. The problem with swampthing is while he does check to see if there are locations he can use and thus use their ability, other cards which say discard an ongoing you control conflicts with the rulebook as the ongoing is still actually "controlled" by an opponent or if it is in middle therefore he should not be able to benefit from that.

This is different from Match with states that you gain "control" of all "ongoing" cards target foe controls. You fulfill both conditions for being in control of the "ongoing" cards and your opponent doesn't control them until end of turn.

That ruling in the Ongoing section was mainly to say that an Ongoing card on the table is not community property. Cards are allowed to break the rules of the game. Swamp Thing certainly does.

Matt_Hyra
07-27-2015, 01:27 PM
After a few answers Matt has given, I am now confused as to the intent of both Match and Shapeshift.

1) So if I play Match and my opponent controls a Molecular Vibration, can I discard that card from play, put it into my opponent's discard pile, and draw one card? Or does the Molecular Vibration just go right back into play in my opponent's control after I've ended my turn? I thought it stayed discarded in my opponent's discard pile.

General rule is that if you mess with your opponent's stuff with a card that does not specifically say to do that, they get it back. Match is an Attack that specifically says what they get back and what they don't, as part of the sticking it to them of the Attack. That Molecular Vibration will remain in their discard pile as part of the Attack.

2) Shapeshift in relation to Starfire threw me for a loop. You're telling me I can play Shapeshift as my first card on my turn, then play a Weakness and destroy that weakness with Starfire's ability? That is crazy good. When I get back home, I need to recheck some card text to see if there are other similar scenarios I can exploit.

That is what I am telling you.

Matt_Hyra
07-27-2015, 01:29 PM
I had a question for something that happened last night.
If I use white lantern deadmans ability to play Ras Al Ghoul from the foes hand, would it go back to their end when I was done or would it go at the bottom of their deck?

I am relatively sure it is the hand but I just wanted to make sure.

It would go back to their hand.

Brequon
07-27-2015, 01:30 PM
If you play a Jericho, gian your opponents Oversized Hero/Villain card text, and then use that text, would you be able to use the text again if you play another Jericho?

Matt_Hyra
07-27-2015, 02:49 PM
If you play a Jericho, gian your opponents Oversized Hero/Villain card text, and then use that text, would you be able to use the text again if you play another Jericho?

Yes. Assuming they don't avoid the Attack. Assuming the Super Hero text is something that can happen twice.

IAmTheGreat
07-27-2015, 03:02 PM
So does that mean if you gain an ability with Jericho to treat it as if you are just beginning a turn in regards to fulfilling any requirements for triggering their ability?

Matt_Hyra
07-27-2015, 03:54 PM
So does that mean if you gain an ability with Jericho to treat it as if you are just beginning a turn in regards to fulfilling any requirements for triggering their ability?

No. So there are some that will not be worth gaining again (if at all).

destroth
07-27-2015, 05:19 PM

The character you have to be aware of is those with "first time", during turn and once during turn Jericho should have no problem. Example if u copy superman and
Have played a super power before you play Jericho , it should still be considered as +1.

There is 12 characters that have the "first time"

6 which won't work for Jericho,
1. Red lantern super girl (since her character ability mostly trigger during opponents turn, unless if you use rage blood or black lantern green arrow)
2. Saint walker (first hero already played before you gain his ability)
3. Kyle rayner
4. Indigo tribe (blue card trigger won't be effective)
5. Sinestro (character had already attacked, however if there is a second attack, vp can still be gain and a card drawn, unless you have some how gain vp earlier that turn before gaining sinestro ability)
6. Bane (unless it is Jericho itself)

Another 6 which won't work if you had done the action before you gain the ability
1. The flash (if draw was played to get Jericho and Jericho gain flash ability, then subsequent draw card is not anymore the first time, therefore the flash ability will not trigger)
2. Wildcat (if punch were already played)
3. Robin
4. Black Adam
5. Night wing
6. Harley Quinn
7. Martian man hunter

Also I wanna ask, as previously asked, I can play Jericho again to gain the same ability, if I target hawk man, would each hero now be +2?

Matt_Hyra
07-27-2015, 08:14 PM
Also I wanna ask, as previously asked, I can play Jericho again to gain the same ability, if I target hawk man, would each hero now be +2?

Yes

destroth
07-28-2015, 06:02 AM
Yes

Hey Matt , just for clarify, you mention if you played 2 villains and gain Martian man hunter ability, it will not trigger +3 power...

So wanna ask is I play Jericho, it won't count for Martian man hunter requirement for 2 hero right? Assuming the first card I play is Jericho, I have to play a total of 3 cards to trigger Martian manhunter's ability? And also same goes for hawkman, Jericho won't grant him +1?

Matt_Hyra
07-28-2015, 08:55 AM
Hey Matt , just for clarify, you mention if you played 2 villains and gain Martian man hunter ability, it will not trigger +3 power...

So wanna ask is I play Jericho, it won't count for Martian man hunter requirement for 2 hero right? Assuming the first card I play is Jericho, I have to play a total of 3 cards to trigger Martian manhunter's ability? And also same goes for hawkman, Jericho won't grant him +1?

Correct. Super Heroes don't look back in time.

Rtsands45
07-29-2015, 07:49 AM
If your hero is face down from captain cold lets say. Someone then plays icicle on you with your hero already face down then defeats the supervillian. Will your hero stay down or will it flip back up? also if a superhero is face down can you jericho their ability or not?

Mac_Apple
07-29-2015, 11:31 AM
Just to clarify, Garfield Logan has an implied "until end of turn" clause in his effect, correct?
Otherwise, playing an Ongoing card with his effect would make it remain an additional card type for as long as it's in play. (Which would be nice to make up for the lack of Ongoing Equipments)

jakecav18
07-30-2015, 05:39 PM
Consider this scenario. I have Edward Fyers in play. I have only one card in my hand at the start of my turn: The Penguin.I play The Penguin as my first card, do I:
1) Draw two, discard two, put nothing under my super hero
2) Draw two, discard two, put one of the cards I initially drew under my super hero
3) Draw two, put one under my super hero, discard one
4) Something else

My instinct says number 2

Matt_Hyra
07-31-2015, 05:33 AM
If your hero is face down from captain cold lets say. Someone then plays icicle on you with your hero already face down then defeats the supervillian. Will your hero stay down or will it flip back up? also if a superhero is face down can you jericho their ability or not?

It will stay down until the Icicle effect wears off.
Jericho cannot gain the ability of a face-down Super Hero.

Matt_Hyra
07-31-2015, 05:34 AM
Just to clarify, Garfield Logan has an implied "until end of turn" clause in his effect, correct?
Otherwise, playing an Ongoing card with his effect would make it remain an additional card type for as long as it's in play. (Which would be nice to make up for the lack of Ongoing Equipments)

Correct.

aoineko
07-31-2015, 05:34 AM

Yes, supposed to be until end of turn.

Matt_Hyra
07-31-2015, 05:39 AM
Consider this scenario. I have Edward Fyers in play. I have only one card in my hand at the start of my turn: The Penguin.I play The Penguin as my first card, do I:
1) Draw two, discard two, put nothing under my super hero
2) Draw two, discard two, put one of the cards I initially drew under my super hero
3) Draw two, put one under my super hero, discard one
4) Something else

My instinct says number 2

You may put either one of the two cards under, then discard two.

MStreva89
07-31-2015, 05:47 AM
Jericho cannot gain the ability of a face-down Super Hero.

I'm guessing this received a re-ruling cause I noticed the first time it was stated they can take the effect a face-down, but you went back and changed that. So final ruling, cannot take the effect of face-down?

Supriz
08-02-2015, 08:33 AM
In the two hero version of the game do cards like flash and indigo work together? Like let's say if you play a red card do you get a second draw for flash.

Also does oversized bizzaro get weaknesses from effects like crisis doomsday and trigon Sorry I really tried to search the forum before asking this in case it was asked already.

And last with jay garrick for effects like I believe sapphire power ring where you have to reveal 2 different cards before drawing how does that work.

BenJazz
08-02-2015, 12:47 PM
In the two hero version of the game do cards like flash and indigo work together? Like let's say if you play a red card do you get a second draw for flash.

Also does oversized bizzaro get weaknesses from effects like crisis doomsday and trigon Sorry I really tried to search the forum before asking this in case it was asked already.

And last with jay garrick for effects like I believe sapphire power ring where you have to reveal 2 different cards before drawing how does that work.

When an over-sized character has a "when a card" activation it can only be triggered by cards in your deck and not other over-sized characters. So in your Indigo-1 example you would not have Flash trigger off of her. If a over-sized character doesn't say "when a card" or something similar you can have chaining effects. Take for example if you were playing with Red Lantern Supergirl and Harley Quinn. If on a foe's turn they destroy a card, you could draw a card and discard a card for Supergirl's effect and then draw another card due to Harley Quinn since you discarded with Supergirl.

Bizzaro gets a weakness ANY time he destroys a card. So for effects from Super-Villains or beating a Crisis or buying a villain from the Line-Up that causes you to destroy a card, you get a weakness.

I don't know how you would handle Jay for this scenario. I will leave it to the official employees for this one.

aoineko
08-02-2015, 03:20 PM

Reveal the top two cards of your deck and make sure to keep them in order. If they are different types then you will resolve the draw cards part of the text. You then choose to draw both of those cards OR discard the first one and draw the second plus whatever the next card of your deck is.

Dannylee84
08-03-2015, 03:01 AM
Hello All

Sorry that a couple of my questions will seem really newb-ish but i want to try and make sure we are playing right,

1)When you defeat a supervillian, it says to flip the next one at the end of your turn, so do you draw back upto 5 cards before flipping it or after? Thus avoiding Parallax Braniac etc?

2) If you draw multiple clayfaces can you copy the same card? On top of this i added the Crisis expansion cards to the main deck, so i use captain Atom's power to pull a clayface out of the line up, this goes into my hand can i then play it onto captain atom and draw another card (say another clayface) i can then play this again and draw a third card? (not likely i know but wanted to check)

3)if you have 2 utility belts or 2 green arrows, do you need 4 Equipment/hero's for each one? so in reality you would need another 6 of these cards, as they would count against each other?( not sure i have worded that right).

I may well have more questions as we go i may start keeping a pen and paper when we play for more questions.

Thanks in advance

BenJazz
08-03-2015, 06:50 AM
1)When you defeat a supervillian, it says to flip the next one at the end of your turn, so do you draw back upto 5 cards before flipping it or after? Thus avoiding Parallax Braniac etc?

Draw your hand first, then flip the new S-V over and deal with his effects. The S-V technically takes place between turns as to avoid confusion and adjust the effects of certain cards (mainly specific defenses in Forever Evil).

2) If you draw multiple clayfaces can you copy the same card? On top of this i added the Crisis expansion cards to the main deck, so i use captain Atom's power to pull a clayface out of the line up, this goes into my hand can i then play it onto captain atom and draw another card (say another clayface) i can then play this again and draw a third card? (not likely i know but wanted to check)

Yes, you can play multiple Clayfaces on the same card just as you have explained it.

3)if you have 2 utility belts or 2 green arrows, do you need 4 Equipment/hero's for each one? so in reality you would need another 6 of these cards, as they would count against each other?( not sure i have worded that right).

Other/different heroes or equipment work for both pairs so you do not need additional. If you have the cards to make one work, the other works as well.

Matt_Hyra
08-03-2015, 07:37 AM
I'm guessing this received a re-ruling cause I noticed the first time it was stated they can take the effect a face-down, but you went back and changed that. So final ruling, cannot take the effect of face-down?

Correct.

Dannylee84
08-03-2015, 08:39 AM
thanks for your quick reply :) loving the game as well :)

MStreva89
08-03-2015, 08:55 AM
Ok just want a clarification so that we can do this right: Batman (12) and Joker (12) refer to when you "play" the 2 card types, does this trigger automatically when the 2nd card type is played or whenever you want during the turn after both have been played?

Matt_Hyra
08-03-2015, 09:09 AM
Ok just want a clarification so that we can do this right: Batman (12) and Joker (12) refer to when you "play" the 2 card types, does this trigger automatically when the 2nd card type is played or whenever you want during the turn after both have been played?

Happens immediately.

Dannylee84
08-03-2015, 11:38 AM
sorry again but had a few more questions arising from a run through of crisis mode :)

1) Does X-ray vision work the same except change the word Foe for Teammates?

2)With the Crisis Untouchable Villain is it the cost to gain or the power costs to remove this crisis?

3)Can the Magic card be used on Weekness's and Vulnerabilities?.

4)Is there a specific time to defeat a crisis? E.G Dimension Shift? Can you buy a card worth two from the line up, Use the Aquaman ability to place it on top of your deck then try to defeat this crisis which requires a card worth two?

5)What happens if you run out of weekness's when using Hades first appearance attack?

6) Does Captains Atom's ability allow you to claim rather than Destroy villains in Crisis mode?

7) Can weekness's be discarded with the Power of the Red card?

Sorry about all these questions coming out so quickly after joining.

Thanks again everyone.

BenJazz
08-03-2015, 01:48 PM
sorry again but had a few more questions arising from a run through of crisis mode :)

1) Does X-ray vision work the same except change the word Foe for Teammates?

2)With the Crisis Untouchable Villain is it the cost to gain or the power costs to remove this crisis?

3)Can the Magic card be used on Weekness's and Vulnerabilities?.

4)Is there a specific time to defeat a crisis? E.G Dimension Shift? Can you buy a card worth two from the line up, Use the Aquaman ability to place it on top of your deck then try to defeat this crisis which requires a card worth two?

5)What happens if you run out of weekness's when using Hades first appearance attack?

6) Does Captains Atom's ability allow you to claim rather than Destroy villains in Crisis mode?

7) Can weekness's be discarded with the Power of the Red card?

Sorry about all these questions coming out so quickly after joining.

Thanks again everyone.

1) Yes. It is stated in the Crisis 1 rulebook that anything that says foe will effect all other players instead.

2) It is the cost to purchase the cards. Power is never referred to as a cost and is usually referenced as Power directly.

3) Yes it can.

4) No specific time other than a) after effects that say at the beginning of turn or b) before the end of your turn.

5) Then you do not gain weaknesses. This can happen when enough attacks or Crisis cards have given them out.

6) No. Captain Atom will gain the villain but due to the Crisis rules it is still destroyed.

7) Yes then can.

Supriz
08-03-2015, 03:39 PM
For dr fate can you miss the timing on his effects? In other words can you just play out your hand then calculate all the consecutive cards that you own and resolve?

BenJazz
08-03-2015, 04:17 PM
For dr fate can you miss the timing on his effects? In other words can you just play out your hand then calculate all the consecutive cards that you own and resolve?

Clarification in these forums states that you are suppose to run his ability as it happens. Very hard to do though. It may be just a house rule that you can do it at the end depending on how your play group feels.

GuruGuru214
08-03-2015, 04:19 PM

You resolve attacks clockwise around the table from the attacker. With First Appearance Attacks, you resolve starting with the person after the person who defeated the Super-Villain (so the person who defeated it gets hit last). If you don't have enough Weaknesses to fully resolve the attack for all players, you just go down the order and give out as many Weaknesses as you can until you run out.

Matt_Hyra
08-03-2015, 11:58 PM
Good answers, y'all. Thanks for the help while we were flying back from Indy.

It was nice to meet some of you there!

Dannylee84
08-04-2015, 12:25 AM
1) Yes. It is stated in the Crisis 1 rulebook that anything that says foe will effect all other players instead.

2) It is the cost to purchase the cards. Power is never referred to as a cost and is usually referenced as Power directly.

3) Yes it can.

4) No specific time other than a) after effects that say at the beginning of turn or b) before the end of your turn.

5) Then you do not gain weaknesses. This can happen when enough attacks or Crisis cards have given them out.

6) No. Captain Atom will gain the villain but due to the Crisis rules it is still destroyed.

7) Yes then can.

Brilliant, Thanks for the help :) I know Newb-ish questions can get annoying so thanks again. It is amazing how many odd questions crop up in a game.

Still could gain a clayface card if i have the one that allows you to draw from the destroyed pile, just can't gain the super villain cards that way according to the full book as they are removed from play totally

MStreva89
08-04-2015, 07:10 AM
Matt,

In the Legion of Super Heroes: Crossover, some of the Characters can give Time Travel to cards in the Line-Up. My question is if I use this effect to do so, then purchase the card in question, does it retain the Time Travel keyword until end of turn even in my discard for an effect such as Brainiac 5?

Tamahome
08-04-2015, 10:49 AM
I would assume if its no longer in the lineup then it would no longer have time travel.

Matt_Hyra
08-04-2015, 12:30 PM
Matt,

In the Legion of Super Heroes: Crossover, some of the Characters can give Time Travel to cards in the Line-Up. My question is if I use this effect to do so, then purchase the card in question, does it retain the Time Travel keyword until end of turn even in my discard for an effect such as Brainiac 5?

Edit: No, a card that you give Time Travel to does not retain it outside of the Line-Up.

In general, temporary effects do not continue when things change zones. Except for stuff like Garfield Logan, which specifically mentions discarding it.

destroth
08-05-2015, 12:10 AM

OK, i think it has been answered but I would like to reconfirm.

So now, again if I am using Swamp Thing, now i discard a card from the colony.

If its in the Line-Up I discard the card to my discard pile. Correct?

But If it is own by another player, do i discard it into my discard pile or the other players?

GuruGuru214
08-05-2015, 12:57 AM
OK, i think it has been answered but I would like to reconfirm.

So now, again if I am using Swamp Thing, now i discard a card from the colony.

If its in the Line-Up I discard the card to my discard pile. Correct?

Correct.

But If it is own by another player, do i discard it into my discard pile or the other players?

Your own discard pile. The other player owns The Colony, but the cards under it are destroyed (though kept separate from the destroyed pile) and not owned by the other player.

JesseSqll
08-05-2015, 03:46 AM
If I play 3 Kicks and a Batarang as Skitter, do I proc the +3 power?

GuruGuru214
08-05-2015, 04:30 AM
If I play 3 Kicks and a Batarang as Skitter, do I proc the +3 power?

No. Skitter requires four different cards. In this situation, you've only played two different cards.

MStreva89
08-05-2015, 07:31 AM
When you Time Travel a card, you are playing it and it retains the TT keyword til end of turn. It goes in play in front of you until end of turn, then it goes back to the Line-Up or Super-Villain stack. You can't TT it and buy it in the same turn.

Misunderstanding, I'm not executing the Time Travel effect, merely using the Character to give the card Time Travel, then buying it. Never using it. What's the outcome then?

Matt_Hyra
08-05-2015, 10:57 AM
Misunderstanding, I'm not executing the Time Travel effect, merely using the Character to give the card Time Travel, then buying it. Never using it. What's the outcome then?

Was super tired after GenCon and misread it. I edited my answer to:

No, a card that you give Time Travel to does not retain it outside of the Line-Up.

In general, temporary effects do not continue when things change zones. Except for stuff like Garfield Logan, which specifically mentions discarding it.

gerrymul
08-05-2015, 11:16 AM
Forgive me if this has been answered already - seeking clarification for oversize Super Hero cards with text like FE Cyborg, Martian Manhunter, and Rivals Batman (15) - when it says plus (x) power for each (a type) and (b type) card you play this turn is it referring to pairs or for each individual card?

JesseSqll
08-05-2015, 12:28 PM
No. Skitter requires four different cards. In this situation, you've only played two different cards.

So it would proc if I played Bo-Staff, Kick, Super-Speed, and a Batarang?

aoineko
08-05-2015, 03:24 PM
Forgive me if this has been answered already - seeking clarification for oversize Super Hero cards with text like FE Cyborg, Martian Manhunter, and Rivals Batman (15) - when it says plus (x) power for each (a type) and (b type) card you play this turn is it referring to pairs or for each individual card?

For each individual card.

aoineko
08-05-2015, 03:25 PM
So it would proc if I played Bo-Staff, Kick, Super-Speed, and a Batarang?

Yes.

gerrymul
08-05-2015, 03:33 PM
For each individual card.

Thanks. That was my reading, but recently another player questioned me on this and I was questioning my rationale.

shaneseuring
08-05-2015, 08:03 PM
If an ongoing that says +1 Power is discarded during my turn do I not count the +1 Power?

IAmTheGreat
08-05-2015, 08:24 PM
The crisis Atlantis attacks says to discard three cards of different types. Does this count for ongoing cards

BenJazz
08-05-2015, 08:47 PM
The crisis Atlantis attacks says to discard three cards of different types. Does this count for ongoing cards

When a card says discard it means from hand. If their is a card that says discard cards you control then it would refer to cards you have played and cards with Ongoing text in front of you. There are also cards that say to discard an Ongoing card you control which is more self explanatory.

Hope that clears things up.

GuruGuru214
08-05-2015, 08:54 PM
The rulebook for Crisis 2 defines the colors as Villain = Red, Super Power = Orange, Starter = Yellow, Weakness = Green, Hero = Blue, Equipment = Gray, and Location = Violet.

Channeling the Emotional Spectrum states that it is Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo, or Violet.

Was something overlooked here, or is Channeling the Emotional Spectrum the only Indigo card in the game and an eighth color?

StormKing
08-06-2015, 01:11 AM
The rulebook for Crisis 2 defines the colors as Villain = Red, Super Power = Orange, Starter = Yellow, Weakness = Green, Hero = Blue, Equipment = Gray, and Location = Violet.

Channeling the Emotional Spectrum states that it is Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo, or Violet.

Was something overlooked here, or is Channeling the Emotional Spectrum the only Indigo card in the game and an eighth color?

Channeling the Emotional Spectrum has an additional, unused color, yes.

Bomb
08-06-2015, 09:19 AM
Aren't weaknesses considered cards with no "type" for the purposes of game terms? When are they applicable for that purpose, if at all?

Matt_Hyra
08-06-2015, 09:44 AM
If an ongoing that says +1 Power is discarded during my turn do I not count the +1 Power?

You still get it. It auto-generates at the start of your turn if there is no activation required.

Matt_Hyra
08-06-2015, 09:46 AM
Aren't weaknesses considered cards with no "type" for the purposes of game terms? When are they applicable for that purpose, if at all?

They have no card type, but they do have a color.

Bomb
08-06-2015, 01:30 PM
They have no card type, but they do have a color.

That's what I get for not knowing anything about the card in question. My bad.

AMSamion12
08-06-2015, 10:53 PM
Okay so quick question just for term clarification. If I'm playing as the flash and I get to draw an extra card during EACH OF YOUR TURNS, does that mean if I defense during one of my opponents turns with a card that allows me to draw two, that I get to draw an extra one then? Thanks!

aoineko
08-06-2015, 11:08 PM
Okay so quick question just for term clarification. If I'm playing as the flash and I get to draw an extra card during EACH OF YOUR TURNS, does that mean if I defense during one of my opponents turns with a card that allows me to draw two, that I get to draw an extra one then? Thanks!

An opponent's turn is not your turn.

destroth
08-07-2015, 01:45 AM

One of the instant when it affects the game for being typeless, is such when you play the Star Sapphire Power Ring, reveal 2 cards, if they are of different type, draw it. So if u get a weakness and another type, you cant exactly draw it, as weakness has no type at all.

SushiSquid
08-07-2015, 07:08 AM
Using Plastic Man on Firestorm Matrix lets you burn up Plastic Man to keep a card active, right? Based on game text it should, but it can be horribly broken.

In a recent game with my wife and mother-in-law, I was playing as Mr. Terrific and had Firestorm Matrix, Plastic Man, and Signature Trenchcoat. I could use Mr. Terrific to put exactly what I wanted on top of my deck, Plastic Man the Firestorm Matrix to draw that card and make it ongoing, and then use Signature Trenchcoat to grab Plastic Man right back. It was awesome, but I'd like to make sure that all works as I used it.

Matt_Hyra
08-07-2015, 07:42 AM
Using Plastic Man on Firestorm Matrix lets you burn up Plastic Man to keep a card active, right? Based on game text it should, but it can be horribly broken.

In a recent game with my wife and mother-in-law, I was playing as Mr. Terrific and had Firestorm Matrix, Plastic Man, and Signature Trenchcoat. I could use Mr. Terrific to put exactly what I wanted on top of my deck, Plastic Man the Firestorm Matrix to draw that card and make it ongoing, and then use Signature Trenchcoat to grab Plastic Man right back. It was awesome, but I'd like to make sure that all works as I used it.

That all works. Mixing sets is fun, huh?

SushiSquid
08-07-2015, 08:23 AM
Oh yes. We play with a deck that mixes base, heroes, evil, both crises, and JLA, plus a couple promos. I have 170 cards in the main deck and we use all super villains/heroes at random. It keeps the game so much fresher each time because you simply will not go through that large of a main deck, so you have no idea what you'll actually be seeing in each game.

gerrymul
08-07-2015, 09:50 AM
One of the instant when it affects the game for being typeless, is such when you play the Star Sapphire Power Ring, reveal 2 cards, if they are of different type, draw it. So if u get a weakness and another type, you cant exactly draw it, as weakness has no type at all.

I believe the wording is "if they don't share a type," which would allow you to draw a weakness and any other card. I'm pretty sure Matt ruled on this way back.

jakecav18
08-07-2015, 10:14 AM
I believe the wording is "if they don't share a type," which would allow you to draw a weakness and any other card. I'm pretty sure Matt ruled on this way back.

This. Changes. Everything. For some reason, I must have read something opposite a long time ago, because this comes up often enough that we have to remind ourselves that if Star Sapphire reveals a weakness, no cards are drawn

IAmTheGreat
08-07-2015, 10:39 AM

He ruled that at first, then reruled it so if one of the 2 is a weakness you wont draw

gerrymul
08-07-2015, 01:49 PM
He ruled that at first, then reruled it so if one of the 2 is a weakness you wont draw

Actual wording is, "If they share the same a card type, put them back in any order. If not, draw them."

Matt did rule that because a weakness does not have a card type it cannot SHARE a card type with another at one point. This was a correction of a previous ruling where he said that a weakness wouldn't trigger this particular card draw. Given the wording on the card, you should draw them. If you have a more recent reruling you can share, I will stand corrected.

Brequon
08-07-2015, 09:45 PM
Is there a minimum for Daughter of Trigon? Such as you have five card types and there are five or less cost villains in the line-up. Are they free?

Scenario: Using the same situation as above and you are playing as Kid Flash, you buy these free villains, you decide to replace them using Kid Flash's ability, and the replacement is another villain that is five or less. Can you keep buying villains like this if they keep coming up?

Matt_Hyra
08-07-2015, 10:02 PM
A Weakness can't share a cardtype with another card.

Matt_Hyra
08-07-2015, 10:05 PM
Is there a minimum for Daughter of Trigon? Such as you have five card types and there are five or less cost villains in the line-up. Are they free?

Scenario: Using the same situation as above and you are playing as Kid Flash, you buy these free villains, you decide to replace them using Kid Flash's ability, and the replacement is another villain that is five or less. Can you keep buying villains like this if they keep coming up?

Yes, they are free.
Yes, you can Kid Flash into more.

destroth
08-09-2015, 10:26 PM
A Weakness can't share a cardtype with another card.

So draw? or no draw?

Matt_Hyra
08-10-2015, 11:24 AM
So draw? or no draw?

Star Sapphire Power Ring will draw the Weakness and the other card.

daCraigO
08-11-2015, 09:12 PM
Yes, they are free.

My wife feels that Daughter of Trigon should not impact Villains in the line-up. She noted that the rules in the Titans set define 'defeat' as taking from the top of the Super-Villain stack. While the line-up is 'gaining' a card. Is my wife being an adorable rules lawyer, or does she have a point?

Matt_Hyra
08-11-2015, 10:29 PM
My wife feels that Daughter of Trigon should not impact Villains in the line-up. She noted that the rules in the Titans set define 'defeat' as taking from the top of the Super-Villain stack. While the line-up is 'gaining' a card. Is my wife being an adorable rules lawyer, or does she have a point?

Defeat is just a more flavorful word for "buy/gain." The rulebooks had defined it as being Super-Villain stack related, but it isn't anymore.

unLimitedEnds
08-11-2015, 11:31 PM
Interaction between Solomon Grundy (Base Set) and Collapsible Staff (Arrow Crossover). If I use Collapsible Staff to gain Solomon Grundy, then put him under my Super Hero, he's not allowed to be put on top of my deck correct?

Since he is no longer in a visible zone? What is the reasoning here?

Matt_Hyra
08-12-2015, 12:38 AM
Interaction between Solomon Grundy (Base Set) and Collapsible Staff (Arrow Crossover). If I use Collapsible Staff to gain Solomon Grundy, then put him under my Super Hero, he's not allowed to be put on top of my deck correct?

Since he is no longer in a visible zone? What is the reasoning here?

Correct. If you put it under, you can't then put in on top.
Once something changes zones, it loses any effects that were on it (like moving to top of deck), unless it specifically mentions a new zone that it would work in (Garfield Logan).

theredknight2111
08-12-2015, 12:35 PM
(This is not necessarily a clarification question, I just want your opinion on something).

My brother has two rivals packs and has mixed all cards that don't mention block or confrontation into the main deck, as well as adding the 9 and 12 cost batman and joker large size superheroes to his deck of large size superheroes.

The 9 cost batman and joker allow one to draw an extra card for one or more equipments bought during your turn. Consequently, he is houseruling the 9 cost batman and joker into allowing for an extra card for every equipment (within the context of a nonrivals game).

I argued that this shouldn't be done, that a card from a separate game mode shouldn't be added like that especially if you have to change game text to do so.

Anyway, I would be delighted to hear what you guys think of this.

BenJazz
08-12-2015, 01:10 PM
I have a question about how Promise to a Friend and Collapsible Staff work in Crisis mode. With the understanding that villains in the Line-Up are destroyed when they are bought or gained I am just looking at how these two work in this scenario. With Collapsible Staff those villains would go to the destroyed pile instead of under your oversized character card, correct? For Promise to a friend, does the Crisis rules for buying or gaining villains over-rule this card or does Promise to a Friend allow you to put those villains into your discard pile?

If there are any other Arrow Crossover cards with similarly interesting situations for Crisis please let me know. From what I remember most of the other cards deal with "putting" cards in places or gaining from the top of the Main Deck instead of the Line-Up which avoids this issue.

Also, does Promise to a Friend keep Roy Harper's ability from destroying cards from under the Super Hero while keeping the +2 power?

Arrojacast
08-12-2015, 08:02 PM
OK so I was playing the new Teen Titans set with my dad and he had Lady Vic in play (ongoing:you may discard this card from play, if you do +2 power) and he played colony suit (+1 power, you may discard an ongoing card you control, if you do, an additional +2 power), and my dad said that he could discard lady Vic with the suit to get +4 power, 2 for Lady Vic's discard and 2 for the suit's power. I thought that since both required the discarding of lady Vic, he could only get the power once, but he argued that the way it was worded (primarily) led him to believe he could. The rules did not have a clarification, so we just had a third party break the tie for the remainder of the game, but for future reference, which way is correct?

GuruGuru214
08-13-2015, 12:25 AM
OK so I was playing the new Teen Titans set with my dad and he had Lady Vic in play (ongoing:you may discard this card from play, if you do +2 power) and he played colony suit (+1 power, you may discard an ongoing card you control, if you do, an additional +2 power), and my dad said that he could discard lady Vic with the suit to get +4 power, 2 for Lady Vic's discard and 2 for the suit's power. I thought that since both required the discarding of lady Vic, he could only get the power once, but he argued that the way it was worded (primarily) led him to believe he could. The rules did not have a clarification, so we just had a third party break the tie for the remainder of the game, but for future reference, which way is correct?

From Matt:

Each card requires its own discard for every effect. The discards are costs. They don't do double duty.

Arrojacast
08-13-2015, 10:04 AM
Thanks

Matt_Hyra
08-13-2015, 11:59 AM
(This is not necessarily a clarification question, I just want your opinion on something).

My brother has two rivals packs and has mixed all cards that don't mention block or confrontation into the main deck, as well as adding the 9 and 12 cost batman and joker large size superheroes to his deck of large size superheroes.

The 9 cost batman and joker allow one to draw an extra card for one or more equipments bought during your turn. Consequently, he is houseruling the 9 cost batman and joker into allowing for an extra card for every equipment (within the context of a nonrivals game).

I argued that this shouldn't be done, that a card from a separate game mode shouldn't be added like that especially if you have to change game text to do so.

Anyway, I would be delighted to hear what you guys think of this.

The Rivals oversized were not intended to be played with the other games. The 9's are less powerful than Wonder Woman, for example.
It is probably best to not modify card text, as it can get confusing.

Matt_Hyra
08-13-2015, 12:13 PM
I have a question about how Promise to a Friend and Collapsible Staff work in Crisis mode. With the understanding that villains in the Line-Up are destroyed when they are bought or gained I am just looking at how these two work in this scenario. With Collapsible Staff those villains would go to the destroyed pile instead of under your oversized character card, correct? For Promise to a friend, does the Crisis rules for buying or gaining villains over-rule this card or does Promise to a Friend allow you to put those villains into your discard pile?

If there are any other Arrow Crossover cards with similarly interesting situations for Crisis please let me know. From what I remember most of the other cards deal with "putting" cards in places or gaining from the top of the Main Deck instead of the Line-Up which avoids this issue.

Also, does Promise to a Friend keep Roy Harper's ability from destroying cards from under the Super Hero while keeping the +2 power?

Collapsible Staff will not gain you Villains during a Crisis. They are destroyed.

If you have Promise to a Friend out during a Crisis, you do not destroy the Villains you buy or gain from the Line-Up. Super-Villains are removed from the game as usual.

Roy Harper must destroy 4 cards under his Super Hero to get the +2. If he can't destroy them, he doesn't get the +2 Power. It couldn't be written as a cost, as it is a forced, non-optional thing. Wording still could have been more clear...

BenJazz
08-13-2015, 03:05 PM
Got it, so Promise to a Friend block's Roy's secondary text... good to know for the future. Great to see that Promise to a Friend still works in Crisis though.

IAmTheGreat
08-13-2015, 07:50 PM
Does Geokinesis target?

Matt_Hyra
08-13-2015, 08:36 PM
Does Geokinesis target?

No. The Attacker doesn't choose which Ongoing to discard until after Defenses are played or not.

IAmTheGreat
08-13-2015, 09:17 PM
Does Broadsword then work the same way?

aoineko
08-13-2015, 09:47 PM
Does Broadsword then work the same way?

yup

GuruGuru214
08-14-2015, 02:32 AM
In a two-headed game playing as The Joker and Sinestro, would The Joker's Attack count for triggering Sinestro?

BenJazz
08-14-2015, 05:56 AM
In a two-headed game playing as The Joker and Sinestro, would The Joker's Attack count for triggering Sinestro?

Unfortunately, No. Since Sinestro's ability say that it triggers when a foe fails to avoid an "Attack you play" it does not trigger off The Joker since that attack is not considered to be "played". This scenario is similar to the "When a card says" scenario where certain oversized abilities are only able to trigger when an action is caused by a card in play and not by other oversized characters (i.e. The Flash and Jay Garrick not working together).

SpiritDetective
08-14-2015, 10:55 AM
Hi there, I had a couple of questions about the Good Guys vs Bad Guys variant. This is my first time playing a variant and mixing sets.

1. I have set 1 (Justice League) and Forever Evil. What is the best way to mix cards for the main deck? Do I just combine the entirety of the set 1 main deck with the Forever evil main deck (sans Deathstorm, Phantom Stranger, Superwoman, Power Ring, Man-Bat Serum)? I’m a little worried that a 200 card main deck doesn’t play as well. What was the optimal main deck mix when this variant was play tested?

2. If you buy Supers of the same type as your character, who suffers the First Appearance Attack of the next Super?
For example, the “Bad Guy” team buys Ra’s al Ghul.
Do the “Bad Guys” suffer the First Appearance Attack of the next Super-Villain?
Do the “Good Guys” suffer the First Appearance Attack of the next Super-Villain?
Do both teams suffer?

3. Does the game end when one of the Super stacks is defeated or when both of the Super stacks are defeated?

Matt_Hyra
08-14-2015, 11:02 AM
Hi there, I had a couple of questions about the Good Guys vs Bad Guys variant. This is my first time playing a variant and mixing sets.

1. I have set 1 (Justice League) and Forever Evil. What is the best way to mix cards for the main deck? Do I just combine the entirety of the set 1 main deck with the Forever evil main deck (sans Deathstorm, Phantom Stranger, Superwoman, Power Ring, Man-Bat Serum)? I’m a little worried that a 200 card main deck doesn’t play as well. What was the optimal main deck mix when this variant was play tested?

2. If you buy Supers of the same type as your character, who suffers the First Appearance Attack of the next Super?
For example, the “Bad Guy” team buys Ra’s al Ghul.
Do the “Bad Guys” suffer the First Appearance Attack of the next Super-Villain?
Do the “Good Guys” suffer the First Appearance Attack of the next Super-Villain?
Do both teams suffer?

3. Does the game end when one of the Super stacks is defeated or when both of the Super stacks are defeated?

1. Shuffling both full decks together is indeed not so good. You are better off separating each deck into card types, then choosing 3 card types from each set. You can actually make 2 unique main decks this way. Or just make a custom deck with only your favorite cards!

2. Only your team suffers when you beat one of your Supers on the stack. The other team is friends with the "Bosses" you are trying to defeat. This is mentioned in the 2nd paragraph in the rulebook, page 13, btw.

3. When either stack is emptied.

SpiritDetective
08-14-2015, 11:19 AM
Thanks for your responses! I feel more confident playing this variant.

2. Only your team suffers when you beat one of your Supers on the stack. The other team is friends with the "Bosses" you are trying to defeat. This is mentioned in the 2nd paragraph in the rulebook, page 13, btw.

So in this variant, if you are say Superman, could you still buy The Flash superhero on the Superhero stack and have that card as part of your deck? Was this variant intended to have players use the "Bosses" cards in their deck?

shaneseuring
08-14-2015, 11:59 AM
Does Parallax double any future Power you generate?

Matt_Hyra
08-14-2015, 03:22 PM
So in this variant, if you are say Superman, could you still buy The Flash superhero on the Superhero stack and have that card as part of your deck? Was this variant intended to have players use the "Bosses" cards in their deck?

The Good Guys can only defeat Bad Guy Super-Villains, and they don't go into your deck. There are 2 Boss stacks: 1 SH, 1 SV.

Matt_Hyra
08-14-2015, 03:24 PM
Does Parallax double any future Power you generate?

In that turn, yes.

TPlush
08-15-2015, 12:25 PM
In that turn, yes.

And if you Clayface a Parallax does it then double the power generated by doubling with Clayface, or is it just x4?

StormKing
08-15-2015, 04:31 PM
And if you Clayface a Parallax does it then double the power generated by doubling with Clayface, or is it just x4?

Yes. (Both are the same thing.)

TPlush
08-15-2015, 09:04 PM
Yes. (Both are the same thing.)Except they aren't. Doubling the double power of Clayface would take it to x8.

Parallax doubles all power created that turn, so you have 15 play Parallax to make it 30, then Clayface him to make it 60, generating 30 with Clayface. Does that 30 then get double by the original Parallax taking you up to 120?

Bardoly
08-15-2015, 10:40 PM
For the Teen Titans set, can a player use or activate Ongoing cards when it is not his turn?

I understand that Zookeeper may of course be used anytime in response to an attack, but for non-Defense Ongoing cards, may they be used in response to something?

For example: A player has the Ongoing card "Molecular Vibration" in play. He is then subjected to an Attack. Could he then in response to the Attack, discard Molecular Vibration to draw a card, hoping to draw a Defense card with which to defend from the Attack?

Another similar example: A player has Ongoing cards, "Bumblebee" and "Lady Vic" in play. He is then subjected to an Attack from "Match". Could he discard "Bumblebee" and "Lady Vic" to gain 3 (useless to him) Power, denying the 3 power from the player who played "Match"?

Thank you.

IAmTheGreat
08-16-2015, 12:04 AM
Except they aren't. Doubling the double power of Clayface would take it to x8.

Parallax doubles all power created that turn, so you have 15 play Parallax to make it 30, then Clayface him to make it 60, generating 30 with Clayface. Does that 30 then get double by the original Parallax taking you up to 120?

That would just be a continuous cycle of one doubling the other, by that logic

GuruGuru214
08-16-2015, 01:31 AM
Except they aren't. Doubling the double power of Clayface would take it to x8.

In that situation, Clayface wouldn't be generating 30 power. Clayface would be causing the 30 power already on the table to double, same as Parallax. Parallax doesn't actually produce any power.

BenJazz
08-16-2015, 09:06 AM
In that situation, Clayface wouldn't be generating 30 power. Clayface would be causing the 30 power already on the table to double, same as Parallax. Parallax doesn't actually produce any power.

Agreed. Clayface actually just plays another card again so it does not generate any power or have any effects itself.

Matt_Hyra
08-16-2015, 09:41 AM
For the Teen Titans set, can a player use or activate Ongoing cards when it is not his turn?

I understand that Zookeeper may of course be used anytime in response to an attack, but for non-Defense Ongoing cards, may they be used in response to something?

For example: A player has the Ongoing card "Molecular Vibration" in play. He is then subjected to an Attack. Could he then in response to the Attack, discard Molecular Vibration to draw a card, hoping to draw a Defense card with which to defend from the Attack?

Another similar example: A player has Ongoing cards, "Bumblebee" and "Lady Vic" in play. He is then subjected to an Attack from "Match". Could he discard "Bumblebee" and "Lady Vic" to gain 3 (useless to him) Power, denying the 3 power from the player who played "Match"?

Thank you.

No, you cannot use Ongoing-discards during other players' turns (except Defenses).

TwistedRiddles
08-18-2015, 07:11 AM
Regarding Superboy Prime's attack. The rulebook says that if an opponent avoids the attack, then you put your card in the discard pile of the next opponent. What happens if everyone avoids the attack but one person? (or if you are playing a 2-player game and your opponent avoids the attack) does the card go into your discard pile, or does it get destroyed? What happens to it?

LRoq617
08-18-2015, 08:56 AM
Regarding Superboy Prime's attack. The rulebook says that if an opponent avoids the attack, then you put your card in the discard pile of the next opponent. What happens if everyone avoids the attack but one person? (or if you are playing a 2-player game and your opponent avoids the attack) does the card go into your discard pile, or does it get destroyed? What happens to it?

With the way that it's worded, I believe it would work the same as the Joker First Appearance from the first DC set. If you were the only player that didn't defend the attack, then the card would go in your discard pile since you're the only player that's "on your left."

Biteandrun
08-18-2015, 09:23 AM
Ok so Swamp Thing power is "During your turn you are considered to control each Location in the Line-Up and in play." All location are ongoing cards so with Colony Suit form the new Teen Titians game it states "+ 1 Power You may discard an ongoing you control if you do, additional +2 power." My question is if am swamp Thing can a target my opponent in play Location and make him discard it to his discard pile or mine? Or what happens if I do this to a Location on the field where dose that location go?

Matt_Hyra
08-18-2015, 11:02 AM
Ok so Swamp Thing power is "During your turn you are considered to control each Location in the Line-Up and in play." All location are ongoing cards so with Colony Suit form the new Teen Titians game it states "+ 1 Power You may discard an ongoing you control if you do, additional +2 power." My question is if am swamp Thing can a target my opponent in play Location and make him discard it to his discard pile or mine? Or what happens if I do this to a Location on the field where dose that location go?

In both cases, the Location goes back to where it was at the end of your turn.
Only effects that specifically mess with your opponent's stuff (Broadsword) will cause loss of cards for an opponent. Otherwise, they get that stuff back.

gerrymul
08-18-2015, 11:21 AM
So Matt, for something like Match, if someone controls my Aqualad for their turn, discards it to put a 5 cost card on top of their deck, does Aqualad stay in my discard pile at the end of that player's turn, or does it go back into play?

LRoq617
08-18-2015, 12:01 PM
So Matt, for something like Match, if someone controls my Aqualad for their turn, discards it to put a 5 cost card on top of their deck, does Aqualad stay in my discard pile at the end of that player's turn, or does it go back into play?

It stays in the discard pile. This is the primary reason why Match is so good. You get to abuse all of their Ongoing benefits if they can't defend it.

Matt_Hyra
08-18-2015, 12:57 PM

It stays in you discard pile. The last line of Match in ( ) lets you know this specifically messes with your opponent's stuff.

IAmTheGreat
08-18-2015, 09:56 PM
So would Swamp Thing enable you to discard an opponent's Mogo via a card like Static, allowing you to attack them without them being able to defend with Mogo?

Matt_Hyra
08-19-2015, 12:01 AM
So would Swamp Thing enable you to discard an opponent's Mogo via a card like Static, allowing you to attack them without them being able to defend with Mogo?

Sure.

BenJazz
08-19-2015, 06:37 AM
Sure.

Just so I am getting this right. With Swamp Thing you can use cards to discard an opponents ongoing locations during your turn but they come back into play at the end of turn?

Mac_Apple
08-19-2015, 09:33 AM
Just so I am getting this right. With Swamp Thing you can use cards to discard an opponents ongoing locations during your turn but they come back into play at the end of turn?I don't think that's right. If you control the Location, that's the exact same wording as is used on Match, sans reminder text. So I would assume they would go to their owner's discard pile, it doesn't make sense to me that a card you control wouldn't do something that you controlled it to do.

As for Locations in the Line-Up, I have no idea. I guess they would go back?

IAmTheGreat
08-19-2015, 09:38 AM
I feel it should either go to their discard pile permanently, or swamp thing shouldn't be able to discard those locations. I get Matt wants a middle ground here that makes it more fair, but it just isn't logical in my opinion.

BenJazz
08-19-2015, 10:07 AM
I feel it should either go to their discard pile permanently, or swamp thing shouldn't be able to discard those locations. I get Matt wants a middle ground here that makes it more fair, but it just isn't logical in my opinion.

Well the idea is that you are using 2 abilities (oversized character Swamp Thing and say Static) that would not normally create a negative situation for the other player and the ruling try to stay within the spirit (and cost) of the cards while still giving you an advantage. It is the same scenario as the destruction rulings brought up with Forever Evil. It is hard to account for all the scenarios (especially when it comes from mixing sets) so some compromises are necessary to keep the strength of the cards within reason.

unLimitedEnds
08-19-2015, 10:50 AM

It's part of the rules of ownership. I think of it like this: if I mess with my opponent's stuff, return all the visible stuff that I messed with to their previous zone at the end of turn. This includes you destroying stuff with abilities (Starfire (Teen Titans), Black Adam (Forever Evil)), with cards (Sledgehammer (3)), and anything else.

For example: I am Black Adam. I play Brainiac as my first card and reveal a Kick from my opponent's hand. I play my opponent's Kick, and it is the first super power I played this turn, I am able to destroy it, gain 1 VP, and draw a card. At the end of my turn, if my opponent's Kick I played is still visible (not in the main deck), I return it from where it came (in this case, his hand).

For example: More specifically for your situation, I am Swamp Thing. I play Colony Suit (+1 Power, +3 Power if you discard a location) and discard my opponent's Batcave. The situation is the same as before, at the end of turn, if Batcave is in a visible zone at the end of my turn, return it to play. A strategy you can use is to discard an opponent's card and make him shuffle his deck (Poison Ivy (Base Set), Deadshot (Heroes United)) so that it cannot return to the field at the end of turn (no longer in a visible zone).

This is valid for all situations except for those that deliberately mess with your stuff (Match (7), and Broadsword (6)), in which the things you messed with Match and Broadsword stay that way at the end of your turn.

Matt_Hyra
08-19-2015, 11:04 AM
If you discard a foe's Ongoing card, it goes to the owner's discard pile. At end of turn, they get it back in play.
Again, cards that don't specifically call out messing with your opponents stuff don't get to do any disruption of your opponent's game state unless the card you messed with is not in a visible zone at end of turn (like shuffled into a deck).

IAmTheGreat
08-19-2015, 11:17 AM
Does that mean if like unlimitedends said, you discard their location with no deck and then play X Ray Vision, since it gets shuffled in they dont get it back? Or do they dig thru their deck at end of turn?

Matt_Hyra
08-19-2015, 11:41 AM
Does that mean if like unlimitedends said, you discard their location with no deck and then play X Ray Vision, since it gets shuffled in they dont get it back? Or do they dig thru their deck at end of turn?

That is the exception. They do not dig through their deck to find it. I added that to the above to be more clear.

gerrymul
08-19-2015, 12:06 PM
If you discard a foe's Ongoing card, it goes to the owner's discard pile. At end of turn, they get it back in play.
Again, cards that don't specifically call out messing with your opponents stuff don't get to do any disruption of your opponent's game state unless the card you messed with is not in a visible zone at end of turn (like shuffled into a deck).

Maybe a list of cards that meet the criteria of "specifically call out messing with your opponents' stuff," would be helpful. You've indicated Match in response to my Aqualad question above, as well as Broadsword. Any others Matt or anyone else?

Mac_Apple
08-19-2015, 12:50 PM
Is there a place where one can read the ins-and-outs of the Cerberus Engine? Because I feel that the ruling regarding "messing with an opponent's game" just doesn't coincide with common sense about what should be happening to cards you control. If you control it, it's part of your game, too. Thus discarding it hurts you, too, as much as it helps you. It seems like a tenuous rule to me. :confused:

Is there a distinction that own > control?

gerrymul
08-19-2015, 01:48 PM
Own means it's in your deck, discard, hand, ongoing, or in play. Control means in play or ongoing.

Mac_Apple
08-19-2015, 05:47 PM
Own means it's in your deck, discard, hand, ongoing, or in play. Control means in play or ongoing.I understand that, I'm asking which one has more pull. Like, in what situations does "own" trump "control"?

SoulFire93
08-19-2015, 06:48 PM
1. Does Shapeshift count as a weakness for the Oversize Bizarro character? If yes, where would you put it? Or, does it not count since it is not actually a weakness card?

2. If you use the Oversize Constantine character to play an ongoing card, Molecular Vibration for example, you would still destroy it from your discard pile at the end of the turn, unless it gets shuffled back into the deck, correct?

BenJazz
08-20-2015, 07:17 AM
1. Does Shapeshift count as a weakness for the Oversize Bizarro character? If yes, where would you put it? Or, does it not count since it is not actually a weakness card?

2. If you use the Oversize Constantine character to play an ongoing card, Molecular Vibration for example, you would still destroy it from your discard pile at the end of the turn, unless it gets shuffled back into the deck, correct?

1) Since Weakness is a card name and not a type, Shapeshift can be a weakness while you own it. You could put it on top of the weakness stack using over-sized Bizarro, but once it is there it is destroyed since it is not a weakness (and only weaknesses can exist on the weakness stack). I figure you would have to have a really good reason to use Shapeshift in this scenario.

2) Correct, you would still destroy it if it is in a visible zone. If you have to shuffle then you do not retrieve it from the deck and it stays safe.

Matt_Hyra
08-20-2015, 01:49 PM

Yes, it counts as a Weakness. It would be placed on the Weakness stack, but then destroyed as you no longer own it. It stops being a Weakness and cannot exist there.

BenJazz
08-20-2015, 02:39 PM
Yes, it counts as a Weakness. It would be placed on the Weakness stack, but then destroyed as you no longer own it. It stops being a Weakness and cannot exist there.

Good to know. Updated my previous post.

SpiritDetective
08-21-2015, 09:51 AM
I just played a 2 player "Good Guys vs Bad Guys" Forever Evil variant last night and it was a blast!

I was wondering if it's possible to play this variant with three people. For example, can 2 players be the good guy team (1 Oversized Super Hero each) and 1 player be the bad guy team (Use 2 Oversized Super Villains)? I'm not sure if this would balance out the power between both teams so one side is not inherently at an advantage over the other.

Thanks!

gerrymul
08-21-2015, 11:42 AM
I've been thinking on that as well, and don't think just having 2 Oversize would even it out due to the inequity in turns taken. I think the player with 2 Oversize would need to play 2 separate hands (one for each character).

midnight_rider
08-21-2015, 11:59 AM
Try this. You have players A, B, and C.

Players A and C are teammates. Turns would work like this.

Player A - player B - player C - player B - player A - player B... etc. etc.

gerrymul
08-21-2015, 03:33 PM
Could work - may have to try that this weekend.

shifterdarkwolf
08-21-2015, 05:10 PM
When the crisis 'Collapsing Parallel Worlds' is defeated, it tells you to destroy your deck and discard pile, and the 10 cards under it become your deck. Since the crisis is defeated mid-turn (as soon as the 10th card is bought from the lineup), would the cards you have played thus far this turn not be destroyed, since they are in neither your deck or discard piles? What about ongoing cards in play?

BenJazz
08-21-2015, 05:59 PM
When the crisis 'Collapsing Parallel Worlds' is defeated, it tells you to destroy your deck and discard pile, and the 10 cards under it become your deck. Since the crisis is defeated mid-turn (as soon as the 10th card is bought from the lineup), would the cards you have played thus far this turn not be destroyed, since they are in neither your deck or discard piles? What about ongoing cards in play?

You are correct. Any cards still in your hand or that you control are safe. Only your deck and discard pile are removed.

gerrymul
08-24-2015, 11:17 AM
My favourite workaround for Collapsing Parallel Worlds is to try and get someone with a lot of draw power or the ability to recover cards from their discard pile to beat this crisis, thus having a decent amount of cards to work with along with the cards under the Crisis.

Nidian
08-24-2015, 04:01 PM
Can I play Magic as the first card of a turn or does it have to have another card to "target."

BenJazz
08-24-2015, 05:08 PM
Can I play Magic as the first card of a turn or does it have to have another card to "target."

I believe it has been ruled in the past that cards like Clayface and Magic have to be able to target a card you have already played. Correct me if I am wrong here.

aoineko
08-25-2015, 06:20 PM

You can play it first. It just won't do anything. Later in your turn you can't then choose a card to play again.

BenJazz
08-26-2015, 06:50 AM
You can play it first. It just won't do anything. Later in your turn you can't then choose a card to play again.

Right, and if you do play Magic you have to choose a card you have already played to be played again and destroyed. I was always careful to play a punch before using X-Ray Vision if I knew a foe had Magic in their deck.

BenJazz
08-26-2015, 12:08 PM
I had a question come up about Harley Quinn's over-sized character and I couldn't remember if it was answered before. Her effect says it is triggered when you discard... that means only when discarding from hand, correct?

IAmTheGreat
08-26-2015, 12:12 PM
It works when discarding Ongoings as well

GuruGuru214
08-26-2015, 04:51 PM
Played a 2v2 team game this weekend and had an odd question come up. If your team is attacked and you have a "reveal" type defense, like Blue Beetle or The Brain and Monsieur Mallah, can you reveal the card twice to defend both you and your partner, or is the card only good for defending one player per attack?

Matt_Hyra
08-26-2015, 10:23 PM
Played a 2v2 team game this weekend and had an odd question come up. If your team is attacked and you have a "reveal" type defense, like Blue Beetle or The Brain and Monsieur Mallah, can you reveal the card twice to defend both you and your partner, or is the card only good for defending one player per attack?

Yes, you may reveal it for each team member. Attacks are resolved one at a time and in order. We probably answered this the other way 3 years ago, but this is correct with the Attack timing & Defense rules that have been made more clear over time.

BenJazz
08-27-2015, 06:44 AM
It works when discarding Ongoings as well

That's good to know. I knew there were issues with it working for attacks that make you discard from the top of your deck so I didn't know how that would translate. Thank you for the clarification.

TPlush
08-27-2015, 01:54 PM
Does it also work for Crisis games since it is a co-op game?

BenJazz
08-27-2015, 02:33 PM
Does it also work for Crisis games since it is a co-op game?

It does not. Though co-op, Crisis mode of play does not allow sharing of defenses (except when stated otherwise by cards).

pvbruin
08-30-2015, 04:02 PM
Forgive me if this has already been answered. But re: KID FLASH in the new TT deck-builder. Does his card-adding ability also apply after acquiring kicks and/or defeating the supervillian? How bout for ANY time we acquire a card when it's not even our turn (ie gaining a card from an opponent via attack/defense)?
Any info/clarification is appreciated...sorry if this has been already asked/answered. Thx!

pvbruin
08-30-2015, 06:07 PM
Forgive me if this has already been answered. But re: KID FLASH in the new TT deck-builder. Does his card-adding ability also apply after acquiring kicks and/or defeating the supervillian? How bout for ANY time we acquire a card when it's not even our turn (ie gaining a card from an opponent via attack/defense)?
Any info/clarification is appreciated...sorry if this has been already asked/answered. Thx!

GuruGuru214
08-30-2015, 08:44 PM
According to his card text, you can use the ability whenever you buy or gain a card. It doesn't set restrictions to your turn or the Line-Up. This means you can choose to add the top card of the main deck to the Line-Up when you buy a card from the Line-Up, buy a Kick, defeat the Super-Villain, gain a Weakness as a result of another player's attack, etc. The only times you would add a card to your deck and not be allowed to use the ability would be things like when you're passed a card or any other time you add a card to your deck that don't count as "gaining" the card.

TPlush
09-01-2015, 12:45 PM
Had an interesting scenario come up in a recent play through of Fellowship. My brother played Mithril Vest and got a Fortune card. How would that work exactly? Would he just play it, instead of top decking it?

SpiritDetective
09-01-2015, 03:44 PM
Does Superboy Prime card effect apply to the Forever Evil oversized?

Matt_Hyra
09-01-2015, 04:16 PM
Had an interesting scenario come up in a recent play through of Fellowship. My brother played Mithril Vest and got a Fortune card. How would that work exactly? Would he just play it, instead of top decking it?

A gained Fortune should be played immediately, not placed on top of your deck.

Matt_Hyra
09-01-2015, 04:18 PM
Does Superboy Prime card effect apply to the Forever Evil oversized?

Yes, Super Hero oversized and Super-Villain oversized are interchangeable.

SoulFire93
09-02-2015, 10:32 PM
If Firestorm has the effect of an ongoing card, ex. Molecular Vibration, may you discard Firestorm for that effect? Will it stay in play if you don't?

If a Wonder Woman player gains Element Woman or Shapeshift, will they get the extra draw at the end of the turn, or will they not?

Matt_Hyra
09-02-2015, 11:57 PM
If Firestorm has the effect of an ongoing card, ex. Molecular Vibration, may you discard Firestorm for that effect? Will it stay in play if you don't?

If a Wonder Woman player gains Element Woman or Shapeshift, will they get the extra draw at the end of the turn, or will they not?

Yes, you can discard Firestorm. If you do not, it will leave play at end of turn when it reverts to being just a Hero again.

Wonder Woman does not own them at the time of the gain, so no.

IAmTheGreat
09-04-2015, 04:37 AM
How does shapeshift work with Green Lantern?

Mac_Apple
09-04-2015, 08:13 AM
How does shapeshift work with Green Lantern?Well, Green Lantern reads that you must play three cards with different names, and while Shapeshift has every name, it's isn't multiple cards. So I would assume it counts as one card, but with any name of your choice.

BenJazz
09-04-2015, 10:13 AM
Well, Green Lantern reads that you must play three cards with different names, and while Shapeshift has every name, it's isn't multiple cards. So I would assume it counts as one card, but with any name of your choice.

The interesting thing is it is not considered different from your other cards as it still has their names as well and therefor "not different"... it can be a blessing and a curse.

Mac_Apple
09-04-2015, 02:30 PM
The interesting thing is it is not considered different from your other cards as it still has their names as well and therefor "not different"... it can be a blessing and a curse.Oh shit, good point. Matt can you confirm?