PDA

View Full Version : Epic spell wars question

Quartzcite
07-19-2015, 05:03 PM
Hi, I am wondering if you can purposely play just one card, or is that only an option if you have one type of component. Example, I could play a full spell but I decide to just play one card to automatically go first and take out my opponent.

Thank you.

Matt_Hyra
07-19-2015, 10:07 PM
You can play however many you want (1, 2, or 3) at any time for any reason.

Quartzcite
07-25-2015, 04:07 PM
Ok thanks. Kinda broken if you ask me but you guys make the rules. So from now on only play one card to always win a last hand. Gotcha.

Matt_Hyra
07-25-2015, 10:35 PM
One card doesn't deal much damage, mind you. There is no such thing as winning a hand.

Quartzcite
07-28-2015, 03:51 AM
Actually I lost multiple games that way. Why make a 3 part spell and then break it like that.

JimProfit
01-03-2016, 02:56 AM
Actually I lost multiple games that way. Why make a 3 part spell and then break it like that.
I used to do that a lot when I first started playing about two years ago at board-game night. But then I got slaughtered after a few game nights lol. The problem is one or two card strategy only works late-game. Early game you're going to want big elaborate spells and even late-game it depends on how many players are left. Yeah picking off someone right away might work to get that last wizard standing token, but otherwise it's not worth it and just setting you up for failure.

Especially now with there being creatures and reaction triggers. I mean you can play the game however you want. If you prefer to be the OG speed-wizard hey, that's your prerogative. I've seen people win just being completely random about their spells. It's all about what works for you. I prefer the Ice-King approach of whatever is going to score me a princess by making the game entertaining and making sure someone else I don't like loses. :p