PDA

View Full Version : HEX Update - Armies of Myth Launch tomorrow

Phenteo
07-20-2015, 12:32 PM
We're launching AoM tomorrow!

Read more: https://www.hextcg.com/armies-of-myth-launch-721/

UPDATE:

We are adding the Release Celebration AA rewards to the VIP tournaments this week as well.

Rapierian
07-20-2015, 12:35 PM
Nice!

The article mentions Bard rewards. Is there some way we have to let CZE know we participated in the Bard's Tale kickstarter?

Edswor
07-20-2015, 12:39 PM
Great news!!!!! Yes!!!!!

darkwonders
07-20-2015, 12:42 PM
I will be back Sunday night... Not much time for me to participate in the Celebration weekend. I care more about Brightmoon than Duplicitous so I need to burn through 4 tournaments asap :-/

Makizushi
07-20-2015, 12:44 PM
Well! I may need to return to HEX :)

Valnir
07-20-2015, 12:45 PM
The moment we've been waiting for! :)

Vorsa
07-20-2015, 12:47 PM
Much goodness!

It will be a restless day at work tomorrow...

@ Rapierian
The KS mail from inXile says they will be mailing out Hex codes a few week after the KS closed, which happened on July 11th - so should be getting an e-mail from them fairly soon.

Cotton
07-20-2015, 12:52 PM
Hype

NOBLEStarshield
07-20-2015, 01:04 PM
Hype

+1

vickrpg
07-20-2015, 01:06 PM
Hype indeed! I can't wait for tomorrow!

... wait, the test client patcher never let me patch... Did you guys fix that bug?

Mejis
07-20-2015, 01:12 PM
Massive congrats to all involved. Hyyyyyypppppeeeeee!

nicosharp
07-20-2015, 01:31 PM
"Hypiagra" The second coming. Long live the chub.

darkwonders
07-20-2015, 01:31 PM
Will the new starter decks have their own trials? After Phenteo just announced that starters are going to be 500p, I'm tempted to buy the new ones just to have some fun with them :)

AstaSyneri
07-20-2015, 01:32 PM
Do I understand this correctly: Release Celebration and VIP is on the same weekend? And I presume VIP does not yield the release celebration promos?

Are the VIP tickets converted into non-expiring ones?

spankydonkey
07-20-2015, 01:34 PM
Very happy to see this news, but tomorrows going to be a long day at work!

ryuukan
07-20-2015, 01:40 PM
Does the "Kickstarter Rewards" line mean all the PVE promos too?

Saeijou
07-20-2015, 01:52 PM

i guess it means the collector AA

superdax
07-20-2015, 01:53 PM
10hrs patch.. You guys are going to have fun.......... Hope all goes well for you guys :)

DataDragon
07-20-2015, 02:47 PM
Nice!

The article mentions Bard rewards. Is there some way we have to let CZE know we participated in the Bard's Tale kickstarter?

The Bard's Tale kickstarter will be the one to distribute those rewards to their backers.
We have no way to confirm you backed it otherwise.

Jonesy
07-20-2015, 03:37 PM
So about that launch schedule, is that starting tonight, Monday at 11PM or tomorrow, Tuesday at 11PM?

Thoom
07-20-2015, 03:39 PM
So about that launch schedule, is that starting tonight, Monday at 11PM or tomorrow, Tuesday at 11PM?

Starting tonight. You can click the worldclock links to confirm.

Phenteo
07-20-2015, 04:00 PM
Hype indeed! I can't wait for tomorrow!

... wait, the test client patcher never let me patch... Did you guys fix that bug?

We will be releasing a new installer. You might want to manually delete everything related to HEX (including all files in the C:\users\username\AppData\LocalLow\Cryptozoic\

Will the new starter decks have their own trials? After Phenteo just announced that starters are going to be 500p, I'm tempted to buy the new ones just to have some fun with them :)
The new starter decks should have their own starter trials.

Do I understand this correctly: Release Celebration and VIP is on the same weekend? And I presume VIP does not yield the release celebration promos?

Are the VIP tickets converted into non-expiring ones?

Yes, VIP and Release Celebration are running at the same time. No, you cannot get the Release Celebration promos from the VIP tournaments as the VIP tournaments are constructed.

The VIP tickets should be converted into non-expiring ones if everything goes according to plan.

No, just for collectors and other tiers that should be getting rewards with Set 3. PvE Rewards should come later with our PvE content update.

Starting tonight Pacific time. The Worldclock links come in handy for calculating time zones.

Jonesy
07-20-2015, 04:14 PM
Ah, didn't realize the worldclock link showed the date. I'm in PST so never considered clicking it. But when i read this in the announcement:

The time is here, we’re launching Armies of Myth tomorrow!
LAUNCH SCHEDULE
11:00PM Pacific (8:00 CET) – Lock tournament server

It sounded to me like it was all starting tomorrow at 11PM. Thanks for the clarification.

Phenteo
07-20-2015, 04:42 PM
Updated since not many click the worldclock link.

FlyingMeatchip
07-20-2015, 05:06 PM
Can one do mass un-listings in AH?

/

Phenteo
07-20-2015, 05:57 PM
UPDATE:

We are adding the Release Celebration AA rewards to the VIP tournaments this week as well.

Roy_G
07-20-2015, 06:02 PM
How many wins to get the duke and carnasaurus?

hex_colin
07-20-2015, 06:54 PM
Are you inserting the 2nd Birthday Sleeve too? ;)

Voormas
07-20-2015, 07:20 PM
UPDATE:

That is very cool to hear, this is gonna be the best weekend ever :D

Thanks for all the hard work guys!

Ditsch
07-20-2015, 07:43 PM
Nice to hear about adding the Release Celebration AA rewards to the VIP tournaments but what must i do to get the Duplicitous Duke in that tournament ? It doesn't say how many round i must win ect so taking part is enough ?

ManofPeace
07-20-2015, 08:01 PM
Nice to hear about adding the Release Celebration AA rewards to the VIP tournaments but what must i do to get the Duplicitous Duke in that tournament ? It doesn't say how many round i must win ect so taking part is enough ?

How did you come to that conclusion given how duke is won in the other tournaments? It's obviously not a participation prize since that's Brightmoon Brave. We do know for sure that 4-0 will get you a duke. 3-1 will get you a duke if they're treating VIP the same as daily sealed's payout.

Ditsch
07-20-2015, 08:15 PM
To win the Duplicitous Duke AA, you can meet one of the following criteria:

July’s VIP tournaments

It says nothing except i need to take part.

Yoss
07-20-2015, 09:03 PM
Seems logical that it would be 4-0 and 3-1. But logic doesn't always win out.

Phenteo
07-20-2015, 10:50 PM
Updated to be a little more clear even though it should be obvious...

People who rack up 3 or 4 wins in the VIP tournament should win the Duke.

N3rd4Christ
07-20-2015, 10:51 PM
Updated to be a little more clear even though it should be obvious...

People who rack up 3 or 4 wins in the VIP tournament should win the Duke.

Great... And here i was hoping to just drop after 2-0

Phenteo
07-20-2015, 10:54 PM
Great... And here i was hoping to just drop after 2-0

:P

N3rd4Christ
07-20-2015, 10:55 PM
:P

You EVIL Spider!

Phenteo
07-20-2015, 10:57 PM
You EVIL Spider!

Good and evil is just a perspective depending on what side you're on!

N3rd4Christ
07-20-2015, 10:59 PM
Good and evil is just a perspective depending on what side you're on!

I Agree! Long Live the Empire! (Curse those Evil Rebels).

Yoss
07-20-2015, 11:02 PM
In Hex, good and evil is just a perspective depending on what side you're on!

ftfy

N3rd4Christ
07-20-2015, 11:06 PM
ftfy

I had to look FTFY up =P

Yoss
07-20-2015, 11:09 PM
Did looking up FTFY FTFY?

N3rd4Christ
07-20-2015, 11:11 PM
Did looking up FTFY FTFY?

I see what you did there!

PS Thanks for orange tracker, just noticed it =) Was wondering how to accomplish that within forum.

Yoss
07-20-2015, 11:39 PM
I see what you did there!

PS Thanks for orange tracker, just noticed it =) Was wondering how to accomplish that within forum.

Note, I did not program the tracker, but you're welcome for the link.

Hexgo
07-21-2015, 01:32 AM
UPDATE:

That's awesome, thx.

benczi
07-21-2015, 02:36 AM

This! :D

(Is Awesome! :D)

Roy_G
07-21-2015, 02:45 AM
Phenteo is on the side of Xarlox and the vennen.

katkillad
07-21-2015, 03:28 AM
Where da patch notes at...i needs them.

Phenteo
07-21-2015, 03:37 AM
https://www.hextcg.com/patch-notes/en-us/client-patch-notes/

If you see the old patch notes, clear your browser's cache or use a different browser.

hammer
07-21-2015, 03:46 AM
https://www.hextcg.com/patch-notes/en-us/client-patch-notes/

If you see the old patch notes, clear your browser's cache or use a different browser.

Nice notes. Interesting to see no longer possible to hold priority, and does the buff to Uruunaz signal an increase in drop rate for the dragon hunting.

I first misunderstood this "•Created Socketable cards will now come with random gems assigned to them" to mean eg azurefate sorcerer passes on random gems but I see now it is for created cards with a slot that would otherwise be empty. - Makes sense.

vickrpg
07-21-2015, 04:08 AM
We will be releasing a new installer. You might want to manually delete everything related to HEX (including all files in the C:\users\username\AppData\LocalLow\Cryptozoic\

This answer does not make me optimistic.

During the test there were several issues with the patcher, and several fixes, included the one posted above. I tried all of them, nothing fixed my issue. The new patcher refused to download any files no matter what I did. The directory never changed size from around 60mb of the patcher. The only way I was able to get the test server to work was have someone who didn't have these issues zip and send me their hex directory.

I tried :
Deleting all hex files, including the directory above
Deleting .old files as they appeared
Removing Hex from the registry (EULA fix)
Running as administrator (I always do)
Disabling firewalls
Running windows in test mode to allow programs more freedom
Installing on a separate partition, separate HD.
Every other fix I saw on the forums.

NOTHING made the patcher download any files. I am currently patching again, and it seems the same problems are coming up. The patcher claims to be downloding files like sharedassets, but no such files exist. The patcher shows no issues, but it doesn't actually patch.

I cannot be the only person having this issue, but if I am, can someone who downloaded and patched correctly zip up their entire game directory and google drive it to me via PM? It seems I will have to do this every patch from now on.

Aradon
07-21-2015, 04:20 AM
Nice notes. Interesting to see no longer possible to hold priority, and does the buff to Uruunaz signal an increase in drop rate for the dragon hunting.

I first misunderstood this "•Created Socketable cards will now come with random gems assigned to them" to mean eg azurefate sorcerer passes on random gems but I see now it is for created cards with a slot that would otherwise be empty. - Makes sense.

That's disappointing about holding priority. I hope there is another way to implement this, or else we'll never be able to respond to our own spells with other spells.

wolzarg
07-21-2015, 04:21 AM
Does this still apply to me if the client patched it self with seemingly no errors and i now have the set 3 screen with the option for authenticator when i press play?

Eierdotter
07-21-2015, 04:26 AM
best of 3 challenge in PG finally !!!

best feature since AH

strawwmann
07-21-2015, 04:26 AM
That's disappointing about holding priority. I hope there is another way to implement this, or else we'll never be able to respond to our own spells with other spells.

Will that be the case?
My understanding is that you WILL still be able to respond to your actions, your opponent just get the first opportunity to do so (which seems right to me)?
e.g. you play an action, priority passess to opponent, they pass priority, you get the opportunity to respond to first action (or let things on the stack resolve until you want to intervene)
EDIT: Sorry, I think I got this wrong :eek:

seyfini
07-21-2015, 04:31 AM

It makes sense to me that we don't respond to our OWN effect. Globally its less cheated now. less door open for combos but make sense

Mahes
07-21-2015, 05:07 AM
Thank goodness they redid Uruunaz. That deck was so easy to beat. All I ever had too do was never see him and I won every time.

darkwonders
Glad Duplicitous is being added to the VIP tournament. That means more will be circulating, decreasing their price. Since I'm gone this weekend, I'll have to buy them on the AH.

wolzarg
Can someone present a case where responding to your own actions matters?

hammer
07-21-2015, 05:14 AM

Comet Strike and Plan C :D

05K4R
07-21-2015, 05:19 AM
Sight of the Sun has a lot of interactions where you'd want to respond to yourself playing a card, because if the priority goes to your opponent and your opponent doesn't play a card, your card is resolved without you having the priority to use Sight of the Sun's power.

wolzarg
07-21-2015, 05:19 AM
Comet Strike and Plan C :D

Op needed a nerf anyway...

Gwaer
07-21-2015, 06:04 AM
Also putting counters in soul marble is so much easier with ctrl held down. There's an ongoing discussion about it in the beta forum.

ziggarius
07-21-2015, 06:11 AM

I'm not certain if the timing makes a difference. But, playing extinction, then sac'ing unicorn instead of doing it in the other order. I think the net effect is the same.

Soul marble got mentioned already in being able to add a bunch of counters.

The only guaranteed one that I can think of is playing a board wipe (extinction/heat wave) then using Sight of the Sun before it dies. That way you get your resources back and your life total goes up from playing the board wipe.

Mahes
07-21-2015, 07:13 AM
Also putting counters in soul marble is so much easier with ctrl held down. There's an ongoing discussion about it in the beta forum.

I am surprised they do not just add a counter similar to burn to the ground and siphon life. All it would have to do is read that a player has more than 1 resource and then bring the counter up for a player to just ramp it up and hit enter. This seems fairly intuitive but I guess the programming for it must be a B****.

katkillad
07-21-2015, 07:52 AM
I realize I'm probably one of seven people who actually use a Windows phone and I don't use Google Chrome and don't feel like switching web browsers... Are there any other options to take advantage of the authenticator?

Warrender
07-21-2015, 07:57 AM
I realize I'm probably one of seven people who actually use a Windows phone and I don't use Google Chrome and don't feel like switching web browsers... Are there any other options to take advantage of the authenticator?

Pretty sure other browsers will have GAuthenticator apps. I know Firefox does.

Kami
07-21-2015, 08:12 AM
I use Authy on Android. It's probably the best authenticator client on Android.

There are authenticator clients on Windows Phone as well (depending on version).

hammer
07-21-2015, 08:37 AM
I have never knowingly used an authenticator before, I am ashamed to admit I don't really know what one is or how I set one up other than it protects my account which I want to do. where can I find idiots guide to this pls?

katkillad
07-21-2015, 08:39 AM
There are authenticator clients on Windows Phone as well (depending on version).

Awesome, if anyone has a working suggestion on WP or Fire Fox after the patch is launched please let me know.

Warrender
07-21-2015, 08:42 AM
Awesome, if anyone has a working suggestion on WP or Fire Fox after the patch is launched please let me know.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/store/apps/Authenticator/9NBLGGH09LLF

https://marketplace.firefox.com/app/gauth/

YourOpponent
07-21-2015, 09:09 AM
Okay I mainly have one question about the Release Weekend after reading that. Does this mean that both finalists in Comp draft no longer get the AA for the Duplicitous Duke? Because if they both got it in the finals that would be a 25% chance. As things are right now (according to the News Update) it is a 22.6% chance to get it from doing Sealed Gauntlet, 12.5% from Comp Draft, 12.5% from Swiss Draft, 12.5% from 8-man Swiss Sealed, and a whopping 31.25% for Scheduled Sealed and VIP Constructed. It just seems pretty unbalanced.

My suggestion (if doable) is for those that were 2-0 before the start of round 3 of both draft formats, and for 8-man sealed to get the AA Duplicitous Drake. That would be a 25% chance and make things more rounded. As for the Scheduled Sealed and VIP Constructed...those fire off less often, and the numbers would be much harder to get that down to a percentage closer to 22.6-25%

Peseto
07-21-2015, 10:59 AM
Quick question: Do we have to uninstall the old client first and re-download the new client or can we just use the old patcher to get up to speed?

Xenavire
07-21-2015, 11:02 AM
Quick question: Do we have to uninstall the old client first and re-download the new client or can we just use the old patcher to get up to speed?

Some people may need to reinstall if their patcher is unable to complete the download, but most players should be able to patch as normal with the normal patcher. If something does happen to cause you to be unable to patch, check here: http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=44386

Warrender
07-21-2015, 11:52 AM
Servers are up now if anyone was interested.

Cernz
07-21-2015, 12:18 PM
Stardust and stresstest rewards not added so far?

jasta85
07-21-2015, 02:49 PM
I did not receive my alternate art cards (as a kickstarter reward) or exiled bard rewards. should these have already gone out?

Phenteo
07-21-2015, 05:03 PM
Items are being rolled out. Give it time. If Thursday night (Pacific) rolls around and you haven't gotten everything, then let us know.

nickon
07-22-2015, 03:19 PM
I don't think this has been asked before; but will you be getting a free draft ticket if you now purchase a starter deck from the store? I assume not and it is a compensation towards people that bought (one of) the previous starter deck(s) at the old, higher price. This would be the logical reasoning, although it's not clearly stated in the article.

Yoss
07-22-2015, 04:28 PM
I don't think this has been asked before; but will you be getting a free draft ticket if you now purchase a starter deck from the store? I assume not and it is a compensation towards people that bought (one of) the previous starter deck(s) at the old, higher price. This would be the logical reasoning, although it's not clearly stated in the article.

It is only retroactive compensation for the 1000p starter decks. It does not apply to the new 500p prices.

Aradon
07-24-2015, 09:19 AM
Are the VIP tickets for this event the new, non-expiring kind, or are they still good for just this month's tournament? Anyone know?

Warrender
07-24-2015, 09:49 AM
Are the VIP tickets for this event the new, non-expiring kind, or are they still good for just this month's tournament? Anyone know?

Looks like all the VIP tickets are now non-expiring per the new VIP FAQ.