PDA

View Full Version : Vip faq

Xenavire
07-20-2015, 12:45 PM
https://www.hextcg.com/vip-returning-faq/

NOBLEStarshield
07-20-2015, 01:20 PM
If I see it before you do I'll do my best to link it here Xenavire :)

magic_gazz
07-20-2015, 01:21 PM
I just want to know if I can buy mutiples at a time, 1 VIP event a month is not enough for me.

Gorgol
07-20-2015, 01:22 PM
I just want to know if I can buy mutiples at a time, 1 VIP event a month is not enough for me.

thought if you bought more than 1 month you got all vip non expiry tickets upon purchase. We'll see though.

Saeijou
07-20-2015, 01:22 PM
i want to know if it is available starting tomorrow and if this weekend is the first non-expiring one :D

superdax
07-20-2015, 01:23 PM
You'll get all your ticket in advance so you can spend 12 on one month if you want. The question is more related to the booster are they stack?

Assassine
You get all your VIP-tickets at once when purchasing VIP, but if you use more than one per month youll run out early. So you can choose when to use them, but you wont get more than 1 per month on average.

magic_gazz
thought if you bought more than 1 month you got all vip non expiry tickets upon purchase. We'll see though.

Yeah I mean the packs, I don't want to buy 2x 1 year sub and end up getting a pack per month for 2 years, I want 2 per month for 1 year and all tickets up front.

Assassine
07-20-2015, 01:24 PM
Given there is still a discount on packs, i assume pack quantity is still limited and you will get 1 per week (not month) for 2 years

Gorgol
07-20-2015, 01:24 PM
Yeah I mean the packs, I don't want to buy 2x 1 year sub and end up getting a pack per month for 2 years, I want 2 per month for 1 year and all tickets up front.

its a pack a week so its 4 per month roughly I thought.

magic_gazz
07-20-2015, 01:45 PM
Sorry I meant per week.

I don't really want 1 per week for 2 or 3 years though.

If they don't make them stackable I might only buy 1 year as its a bit hard to justify paying for packs 2 years into the future.

Assassine
07-20-2015, 01:52 PM
I dont even know if you can buy more than one year in advance.

superdax
07-20-2015, 01:56 PM

This....

Yoss
07-20-2015, 03:33 PM
Given there is still a discount on packs, i assume pack quantity is still limited and you will get 1 per week (not month) for 2 years

What discount? $8 for 4 packs is not a discount. Heck, even at $96 per 52 packs it's still not a discount (unless you believe that 100p = $1).

VIP should stack. Not stacking was 100% of the trouble last time.

RCDv57
07-20-2015, 04:11 PM
If it don't stack, somebody will make multiple accounts in order to "force" it to stack.

NOBLEStarshield
07-20-2015, 05:12 PM
VIP FAQ Here (https://www.hextcg.com/vip-returning-faq/)

Hexgo
07-20-2015, 05:16 PM
Strange.

NyXDaE
07-20-2015, 05:18 PM
VIP FAQ Here (https://www.hextcg.com/vip-returning-faq/)

I got VIP access from the kickstarter for a year, does this mean I get the 1 year VIP sleeve? Which one?

I never used a VIP ticket for the whole year this was activated...does this mean I get all of those tickets back I did not use? (they are currently not in my account).

FlyingMeatchip
07-20-2015, 05:22 PM
Will there be an in store option to buy Subscription with Platinum?

Assassine
07-20-2015, 05:23 PM
No FMC.

FlyingMeatchip
07-20-2015, 05:25 PM
Say Waaat!

Spiredore
07-20-2015, 05:37 PM
In light of the information on renewals, will we be able to get easy access to information on how long our subscription has left to run (such as through a stash item that actually works)?

Hexgo
07-20-2015, 05:40 PM
nvm.

Gwaer
07-20-2015, 05:45 PM
They need to work on a way to let you reup for more tickets, if someone uses all 12 of their tickets in the first 3 months, they should be able to get more before a year goes by.

Assassine
07-20-2015, 05:48 PM
Id say that is intentional to put a limit on VIP AAs gwaer.

Gwaer
07-20-2015, 05:54 PM
That probably was the intent, but practically I don't think it's a great solution.

the_artic_one
07-20-2015, 05:55 PM
How long is a single month of VIP. Is it until the end of the calendar month? 30 Days from sub? 4 weeks from sub?

Phenteo
07-20-2015, 06:00 PM
How long is a single month of VIP. Is it until the end of the calendar month? 30 Days from sub? 4 weeks from sub?

Calendar month.

July 21 - Aug 20 if you purchase on 21 for a month.

Yoss
07-20-2015, 06:20 PM
Why in the world does it not stack?

magic_gazz
07-20-2015, 06:25 PM
Well this is not the announcement I wanted.

Once again special privilege is given to kicstarters as they are allowed to keep multiple accounts and have multiple VIPs while the rest of us second class citizens are allowed just one.

Very disappointed.

Edit: I would like someone official to comment on why it is we are allowed only 1 VIP sub but kickstarters with multiple accounts are not bound by the same rules?

When will kickstarters stop being given special privilege? You realise this alienates the rest of the player base?

Gwaer
07-20-2015, 06:30 PM
*Nevermind I don't wish to be associated with the salt from the post below mine.

You do what you do HXE.

magic_gazz
07-20-2015, 06:36 PM
Fun fact I just thought of.

If I had in the past created 10 accounts and bought VIP on each of them to abuse the old underpriced system, I would now be allowed multiple VIPs.

In short they are punishing me for not abusing the system when given a chance while those who did are free to keep their accounts.

bofedy
07-20-2015, 07:00 PM
magic_gazz

Once again special privilege is given to kicstarters as they are allowed to keep multiple accounts and have multiple VIPs while the rest of us second class citizens are allowed just one.

The reason the kickstarters are allowed to make more than one account is because when you backed more than 1 thing say like 2 collectors or grand kind and pro player a lot of perks wouldent stack like 1 pack a week for a year some people made more than 1 account to get all benifits but CZE noticed this and made it so almost every perk could stack but again not every thing did so more account. After that CZE noticed there was no reason that any one but kickstarters needed more than one account and noticed people abusing V.I.P. so they made it so you can only have 1 account.

Remeber this was early days CZE was coming up with what to do with problems as they poped up and i think they did an ok job with it not perfict but again could any one els do beter under the situation?

hope this helps :)

Ditsch
07-20-2015, 07:06 PM
So no info if we can buy vip months with platinium like the old vip program ?

jimmywolf
07-20-2015, 07:07 PM

If I had in the past created 10 accounts and bought VIP on each of them to abuse the old underpriced system, I would now be allowed multiple VIPs.

In short they are punishing me for not abusing the system when given a chance while those who did are free to keep their accounts.

think you train of thought is off, what you're really saying is "if i exploited the system before i knew it was coming back with a higher cost, i would be very happy right now!

you could apply that logic too the kickstater also, before anyone knew if it would succeed. everything cost money an they don't mind sharing the wealth were they can but when people start having dream of grander of how best too exploit a game for maximum gains things go bad very quickly...

magic_gazz
07-20-2015, 07:12 PM
magic_gazz

The reason the kickstarters are allowed to make more than one account is because when you backed more than 1 thing say like 2 collectors or grand kind and pro player a lot of perks wouldent stack like 1 pack a week for a year some people made more than 1 account to get all benifits but CZE noticed this and made it so almost every perk could stack but again not every thing did so more account. After that CZE noticed there was no reason that any one but kickstarters needed more than one account and noticed people abusing V.I.P. so they made it so you can only have 1 account.

Remeber this was early days CZE was coming up with what to do with problems as they poped up and i think they did an ok job with it not perfict but again could any one els do beter under the situation?

hope this helps :)

I understand why they were allowed multiple accounts, I don't have a problem with that. The fact they are allowed multiple VIPs and the rest of us are not is what I have a problem with.

think you train of thought is off, what you're really saying is "if i exploited the system before i knew it was coming back with a higher cost, i would be very happy right now!

you could apply that logic too the kickstater also, before anyone knew if it would succeed. everything cost money an they don't mind sharing the wealth were they can but when people start having dream of grander of how best too exploit a game for maximum gains things go bad very quickly...

I don't think you at all understood my post.

Thrawn
07-20-2015, 07:17 PM
How can you find out when your VIP is expiring?

bofedy
07-20-2015, 07:20 PM
Magic_gazz so you want CZE to track every kickstarter account to make sure that some one isent having 2 V.I.P.s??(thats a crazy amount of hassle trying to conect accounts to each other and not worth the time)

Or do you want CZE to allow as meny V.I.P.s as you want wich makes it pointless

Or are you just QQing out of fustrasion that others got something you cant?

Thrawn in the F.A.Q. its up now it says there will be an item ingame telling you i presume a item in your invortory like v.i.p. ticket :)

Xenavire
07-20-2015, 07:27 PM
I am not upset about this, exactly, but there are a few minor annoyances. No double subs seems strange now that it is nearly unabusable (though I could be missing something), but the real issue is that I cannot resub yet. I would happily sub right now, even if it only extended my current sub, just so I could support HexEnt, but now my only option is to create a second account (via the KS clause) and sub via that, which is a lot of work and feels like I am abusing the system... Abusing the system to give HexEnt money - that seems very unsettling to me.

Also, why is the 1 year purchase retroactive for the sleeves, yet subbed months aren't cumulative towards a sleeve? Is that a technical limitation?

Incindium
07-20-2015, 07:35 PM
So I've got over a year left on my current VIP so I should get next years(July 2016) sleeve automatically I assume?

bofedy
07-20-2015, 07:37 PM
At one point in game you could buy a years sub or plat so im gessing the retroactiveness is for them

Why dont you just resub when your current one ends xenavire? there will be an item ingame soon that shows you when you run out of V.I.P.

magic_gazz
07-20-2015, 07:40 PM
Magic_gazz so you want CZE to track every kickstarter account to make sure that some one isent having 2 V.I.P.s??(thats a crazy amount of hassle trying to conect accounts to each other and not worth the time)

Or are you just QQing out of fustrasion that others got something you cant?

Thrawn in the F.A.Q. its up now it says there will be an item ingame telling you i presume a item in your invortory like v.i.p. ticket :)

Don't try and turn a reasonable complaint into someone qqing. This is not a good solution.

The issue with the old VIP system was the discounted boosters, that is why it was removed. There were people that made multiple accounts to abuse this.

They have now solved the issue of discounted booster by increasing the price.

Seeing as the discounted booster are now not an issue, what is the reason that most people (outside of kistarters and previous abusers) are not allowed more than one?

It wouldn't be too hard to catch people abusing the system as they can just check names on payment methods seeing as it doesn't seem to be available for plat.

At the end of the day it doesn't matter that much, I doubt that not getting an extra $8 per month from me is going to cause them much problems.

Barkam
07-20-2015, 07:46 PM
The only only reason I can think of why they are limiting it is to maintain a specific AA qty to player count ratio.

Spiredore
07-20-2015, 07:48 PM
Also, why is the 1 year purchase retroactive for the sleeves, yet subbed months aren't cumulative towards a sleeve? Is that a technical limitation?

I imagine it's deliberate, as an explicit incentive for people to commit to the game for a longer period up-front as opposed to considering their involvement on a month-by-month basis.

bofedy
07-20-2015, 07:48 PM
Magic_gazz

Seeing as the discounted booster are now not an issue, what is the reason that most people (outside of kistarters and previous abusers) are not allowed more than one?

Its because if every one just went lets buy multiple subs instead of buying packs what would be the point in locking the V.I.P. to subs and you might as well let any one in BTW the reason they dont just let any one in to the V.I.P. is because its a bonuss and the cards are limited!! and THATS THE POINT get it now?? if not i just cant understand whats your problem. So i see it as QQing in fustrasion.

Rycajo
07-20-2015, 07:49 PM
The only only reason I can think of why they are limiting it is to maintain a specific AA qty to player count ratio.

If this is their goal, they had better tell us and then be ready to take some serious heat from players.

Spiredore
07-20-2015, 07:51 PM

To be honest I was rather surprised when stacking came in in the first place, rather than just letting the platinum-purchased VIP extend our subscriptions. Then again, they were deciding to discontinue the program at the same time, so extending it long into the future would have been counter to their goals.

magic_gazz
07-20-2015, 07:54 PM
Magic_gazz

Its because if every one just went lets buy multiple subs instead of buying packs what would be the point in locking the V.I.P. to subs and you might as well let any one in BTW the reason they dont just let any one in to the V.I.P. is because its a bonuss and the cards are limited!! and THATS THE POINT get it now?? if not i just cant understand whats your problem. So i see it as QQing in fustrasion.

So they want to limit the number of people playing VIP, EXCEPT those who already have multiple accounts?

Also does it make much difference if I play 2 VIPs or if me and another random guy play one each?

If they are limiting the number of AA cards then what happens when the player base grows? Will new people not be allowed to VIP because it will cause too many AA cards? I don't think so, so it cant really be that.

magic_gazz
07-20-2015, 07:57 PM

It could be this, but then that seems kind of like them trying to control the secondary market and that doesn't seem that much of a good thing.

bofedy
07-20-2015, 07:59 PM
Im done magic_gazz i understand whats going on and why i have tryed to explane to you but i gess i couldent so im stoping here befor i go salty hope someone els can get it through to you :) with a bit of rage lol

magic_gazz
07-20-2015, 08:04 PM
Im done magic_gazz i understand whats going on and why i have tryed to explane to you but i gess i couldent so im stoping here befor i go salty hope someone els can get it through to you :) with a bit of rage lol

Yeah its not a personal thing, you can disagree with me and im not going to be offended.

DocX
07-20-2015, 08:15 PM
A little disappointed that one of the FAQs in previous threads was "Can I pay for my VIP with platinum?" but that was never specifically addressed in this FAQ post. There was a "Click on 'Buy Platinum' in the client, then click 'VIP'" which implies that you can't, but it would be nice to have my hopes explicitly dashed instead of having to read between the lines to be disappointed.

Which is not to say HexEnt made the wrong decision with crafting the program, just that this program is not to my tastes and I'd like it better if they were more up front about that particular topic (especially with the number of posts regarding it in previous threads).

Yoss
07-20-2015, 08:42 PM
so you want CZE to track every kickstarter account to make sure that some one isent having 2 V.I.P.s??(thats a crazy amount of hassle trying to conect accounts to each other and not worth the time)

Why pointless? What's wrong with just letting people buy as much as they'd like? If I want to subscribe to <insert your favorite magazine here> 100 times, do you think they'd stop me? Of course not! They'd perhaps wonder why I'm needing so many copies, but they'd also happily take my money.

Barkam
07-20-2015, 08:45 PM
If this is their goal, they had better tell us and then be ready to take some serious heat from players.

I doubt that kind of language will motivate HXE to share their thoughts with us. :)

To be honest I was rather surprised when stacking came in in the first place, rather than just letting the platinum-purchased VIP extend our subscriptions. Then again, they were deciding to discontinue the program at the same time, so extending it long into the future would have been counter to their goals.

Yeah, I think they were still figuring out what to do.

It could be this, but then that seems kind of like them trying to control the secondary market and that doesn't seem that much of a good thing.

It is very appropriate for them to control supply. This is one way of doing it, even if it is not elegant. The question really is if they need to control this specific supply.

fabriazp
07-20-2015, 08:56 PM
am I the only one that agrees with magic gazz here? First there are a lot of ppl that have suported the game EVEN a lot more than backers. That said, Im not saying backers dont deserve their perks, that tbh is completely fine. The problems starts after the game is succefully founded and enter in a ninja-non closed- beta state, and STILL they are having more benefits. Seriously guys, that annoys me a lot. Seems very very very unfair. So my 100 usd bill have less value than a backers 100 usd bill?.

And to be clear.. and isnt like Im going to do it but I think is pretty easy to cheat the rules. What if I made a new account with my wife email, and I play in my mothers houses? and then I send to my other account the cards I won? How HXE will track that? I could even say "my wife owned those and wanted to give me those" because "love".

Yoss
07-20-2015, 08:58 PM
This is a strange reason, though not entirely without merit. However, if we take it as a "pro" in favor of nixing multi-subs, it pales in comparison to the "cons" (see below).

Magic_gazz: "Seeing as the discounted booster are now not an issue, what is the reason that most people (outside of kistarters and previous abusers) are not allowed more than one?"

Let's follow your logic if we can. Everyone who wishes to buy multiple subs does so. HXE gets a bunch of money (yay) and it's linked to auto-renew on a credit card (double yay). HXE gives these uber VIP players each some extra AA (those that win, anyway) at no cost to HXE. The AA cards are still limited and only given to those who sub, without exception. I'm still not seeing the problem with allowing multiple subs to stack.

Meanwhile, I do see problems with not allowing it to stack (encourages multi-accounting, artificially and unfairly favors those with legal multiple accounts [I am one that qualifies for multiple, FYI]).

A little disappointed that one of the FAQs in previous threads was "Can I pay for my VIP with platinum?" but that was never specifically addressed in this FAQ post. There was a "Click on 'Buy Platinum' in the client, then click 'VIP'" which implies that you can't, but it would be nice to have my hopes explicitly dashed instead of having to read between the lines to be disappointed.

Which is not to say HexEnt made the wrong decision with crafting the program, just that this program is not to my tastes and I'd like it better if they were more up front about that particular topic (especially with the number of posts regarding it in previous threads).

Yes, strange that plat didn't make the FAQ list. There are many other "frequently asked questions" on that list that I'd never seen, let alone seen as often as the plat question.

Gwaer
07-20-2015, 09:05 PM
I definitely think stacking is an avenue they should examine, but I do not agree with magic_gazz ridiculous rhetoric.

poizonous
07-20-2015, 09:15 PM
No one has answered whether it's buyable with platinum which i hope it is

Spiredore
07-20-2015, 09:16 PM
HXE gives these uber VIP players ...

I don't know I think there's some value in all VIP members being on the same footing rather than ending up with 'plain' VIP, 'mid' VIP, 'uber' VIP and Colin. That's certainly the way I'd want to be designing it if I were in charge, although the history of identity/account management makes it difficult.

ossuary
07-20-2015, 09:16 PM
am I the only one that agrees with magic gazz here?

Yes.

First there are a lot of ppl that have suported the game EVEN a lot more than backers.

While entirely possible, supporting the game when it's out and established and SAFE is significantly different from supporting it when it was still very possible that the game would fail to come out at all (the risk every KS backer takes when they open their wallet). The KS backers get special treatment because without them, the game wouldn't exist. Everyone who comes after is benefiting from the risk and generosity that those first backers took on.

ossuary
07-20-2015, 09:18 PM
No one has answered whether it's buyable with platinum which i hope it is

It is not. It is a subscription service, for money. The whole point is so that CZE (a business, which needs money to survive) has a line in their accounting books that says "recurring income." :)

fabriazp
07-20-2015, 09:19 PM
Yes.

While entirely possible, supporting the game when it's out and established and SAFE is significantly different from supporting it when it was still very possible that the game would fail to come out at all (the risk every KS backer takes when they open their wallet). The KS backers get special treatment because without them, the game wouldn't exist. Everyone who comes after is benefiting from the risk and generosity that those first backers took on.

"That said, Im not saying backers dont deserve their perks, that tbh is completely fine. The problems starts after the game is succefully founded and enter in a ninja-non closed- beta state, and STILL they are having more benefits."

quoting myself

poizonous
07-20-2015, 09:20 PM
It is not. It is a subscription service, for money. The whole point is so that CZE (a business, which needs money to survive) has a line in their accounting books that says "recurring income." :)

Fair enough, just had to check since it wasn't in faq

magic_gazz
07-20-2015, 09:22 PM
I definitely think stacking is an avenue they should examine, but I do not agree with magic_gazz ridiculous rhetoric.

There is no need to add the last part, but if that makes you feel better about yourself then whatever.

Gwaer
07-20-2015, 09:39 PM
There is no need to add the last part, but if that makes you feel better about yourself then whatever.

There absolutely was a need for the last part, you turned a legitimate complaint, that I was interested in getting behind, because I foresee people using all their vip tickets and being unable to get more being an issue, and one that HXE can profit from, into some hyperbole about abusive multi-VIPers. Which means that instead of talking about the topic that matters in the here and now we have to talk about multi-VIPers, which has devolved into kickstarter backers. None of that had to happen, and the thread would have been a much more powerful message had it not happened.

In short, Stacking VIP, or at least being able to replenish your VIP tickets for additional $$$ while you have an active VIP subscription should be a thing.

Complaining about stuff that's already over and gone and not at issue shouldn't be a thing. People who were abusing VIP were handled. That part of the matter is resolved.

Aradon
07-20-2015, 09:40 PM
I don't have much of an opinion on stacking or non-stacking VIPs, but I do find it unfortunate that kickstarters are getting a durable special treatment here that wasn't exactly anticipated. I was hoping with the grandfathering that went down earlier this year, it was clear that they were handling the accounts fairly but also personally, and that what is otherwise an exploit for some people still wouldn't be tolerated on grandfathered accounts.

The reason KSers were allowed multiple accounts was because they already had them. That tolerance shouldn't extend to exploitative behavior.

magic_gazz
07-20-2015, 09:48 PM
There absolutely was a need for the last part, you turned a legitimate complaint, that I was interested in getting behind, because I foresee people using all their vip tickets and being unable to get more being an issue, and one that HXE can profit from, into some hyperbole about abusive multi-VIPers. Which means that instead of talking about the topic that matters in the here and now we have to talk about multi-VIPers, which has devolved into kickstarter backers. None of that had to happen, and the thread would have been a much more powerful message had it not happened.

In short, Stacking VIP, or at least being able to replenish your VIP tickets for additional $$$ while you have an active VIP subscription should be a thing.

Complaining about stuff that's already over and gone and not at issue shouldn't be a thing. People who were abusing VIP were handled. That part of the matter is resolved.

When the FAQ said "can I have multiple VIP if I have multiple accounts, yes" they made it an issue not me. Had they not allowed people with multiple accounts more than one VIP then I would have not mentioned it. Obviously.

The message is still clear, I want to give them more money, so do other people, they are telling us we cant and not giving any real reason why.

N3rd4Christ
07-20-2015, 09:58 PM

There is always the option to buy a KS code from the secondary market. It might not be cheap but that is always an option.

Rycajo
07-20-2015, 10:19 PM
While entirely possible, supporting the game when it's out and established and SAFE is significantly different from supporting it when it was still very possible that the game would fail to come out at all (the risk every KS backer takes when they open their wallet). The KS backers get special treatment because without them, the game wouldn't exist. Everyone who comes after is benefiting from the risk and generosity that those first backers took on.[/QUOTE]

I hope this sentiment isn't felt at CZE. As a KS backer, if this is CZE's idea of giving something extra back to the KS backers, I think they have made a foolish choice.

Malicus
07-20-2015, 10:41 PM
When the FAQ said "can I have multiple VIP if I have multiple accounts, yes" they made it an issue not me. Had they not allowed people with multiple accounts more than one VIP then I would have not mentioned it. Obviously.

The message is still clear, I want to give them more money, so do other people, they are telling us we cant and not giving any real reason why.

I have never understood this. While that may be an idea in the back of peoples minds the reality is if you are buying into VIP it is because you want the rewards from VIP. if all you want to do is support Hex you can buy as much platinum as you want. Subscribing to VIP isn't somehow a noble sacrifice to support Hex.

Yoss
07-20-2015, 10:47 PM
I have never understood this. While that may be an idea in the back of peoples minds the reality is if you are buying into VIP it is because you want the rewards from VIP. if all you want to do is support Hex you can buy as much platinum as you want. Subscribing to VIP isn't somehow a noble sacrifice to support Hex.

You're twisting his words. He's saying "I want to buy more (VIP) product and they won't take my money." He's obviously not saying "I want to donate to Hex."

N3rd4Christ
07-20-2015, 10:49 PM
You're twisting his words. He's saying "I want to buy more (VIP) product and they won't take my money." He's obviously not saying "I want to donate to Hex."

Most people want the additional VIP tickets, at this time i believe that is what most people want out of VIP. The sleeve is nice and all but unlike me most people dont care about cosmetics.

Malicus
07-20-2015, 11:06 PM

I feel it is clear that the intent is this be a limited thing. Not understanding that seems to be missing the point but I will concede that part of my response is a hang over from the old VIP where early adopters were arguing that their use of VIP was support for the game which I disagreed with as an argument.

Altima
07-20-2015, 11:06 PM
As a VIP I still need VIP ticket to participate in VIP tournament for both seal and construct?

If I want to play more I have to have more ticket and I can get it only one per month? I also cannot purchase VIP ticket if I run out of it when I have my VIP status is activated?

I think you made a mistake here.

Phenteo
07-20-2015, 11:08 PM
As a VIP I still need VIP ticket to participate in VIP tournament for both seal and construct?

If I want to play more I have to have more ticket and I can get it only one per month? I also cannot purchase VIP ticket if I run out of it when I have my VIP status is activated?

If you were able to play a tournament unlimited amount of times (well depending on how much you would purchase in VIP subscription) the value of the AAs would lower because of a larger quantity of AAs in the Auction House.

Cernz
07-20-2015, 11:11 PM

You get all your tickets in advance, so you can play up to 12 tournaments within 1 month ( if there were that many ;) ) and if you want to spend all your tickets in 1 month.

N3rd4Christ
07-20-2015, 11:12 PM
You get all your tickets in advance, so you can play up to 12 tournaments within 1 month ( if there were that many ;) ) and if you want to spend all your tickets in 1 month.

Followed by 10 Months of crying when you see the new AA's you cant try to win =P

bofedy
07-20-2015, 11:14 PM

Great post. The way i see it the reason CZE kept 1 acount to 1 V.I.P. is that CZE do not want people to have full sets of AAs of every V.I.P. card. If you want the cards trade. That way people who want the cards get them people who dont get plat win win for all. Now if i can get unlimited tickets V.I.P. becomes about people with a lot of $$ farming them to make more $$ and its no longer a bonus wich it is intended but about who can pay most to go into V.I.P.s then sell the cards to people who missed the V.I.P.s

IF YOU WANT TO GIVE HEX YOUR $$ BUY PACKS IF YOU WANT MORE TICKETS ITS BECAUSE YOU WANT TO MAKE $$
or your bad and cant get the cards by wining but i think its mostly wanting to make that $$

Altima
07-20-2015, 11:17 PM
Actually, I think it is better to create alternate accounts to get the benefit of vip. You can get booster faster that way and can participate in tournament as many time as you want for 8 buck per time.

Yoss
07-20-2015, 11:37 PM
Actually, I think it is better to create alternate accounts to get the benefit of vip. You can get booster faster that way and can participate in tournament as many time as you want for 8 buck per time.

That seems to be the incentive, yes. Just like with the old VIP, but with higher price tag.

It's great to try to protect card value and all, but not when it encourages preventable bad behavior. Not to mention that HXE is turning down extra income for minimal benefit.

Peseto
07-20-2015, 11:42 PM
It seems the reason they chose to disable stacking of multiple VIP-subs, is that they want to preserve the value of the VIP-AA. Similarly to when they gave out AA-baby yetis, they made sure that there are less then 4 copies of each AA per player to keep demand reasonable. If they allowed stacking, then there could potentially be more playsets of the AA then players out there, and hence devalue AA's.
So they had to outweigh, what was more important to them: Players being able to play more then 12 VIP tourneys per year, or securing the value of the VIP AA's.

As to why there was no mention of plat purchases: I'm very certain that they are aware that this is a question the community would like answered. So, the only two reasons i can up with why it isnt answered explicitely (i know, by the sound of it it seems to be real money only) in the FAQs are: They haven't made a final decision yet (most likely), or they want to share their decision yet (e.g. in order to avoid taking away some of th set 3 hype).

magic_gazz
07-21-2015, 12:00 AM
If you were able to play a tournament unlimited amount of times (well depending on how much you would purchase in VIP subscription) the value of the AAs would lower because of a larger quantity of AAs in the Auction House.

So is this the official response on why we are not allowed more than one sub?

If so why are people with multiple accounts being told they are allowed multiple? Whats the official word on why they are allowed to bring down the value on the AA cards?

Seeing as it seems there are controls being put in place on the AA cards, are we going to be limited in the number of release events we are going to be allowed to play? I was personally planning on playing a lot of them using up a fair amount of platinum, will this not effect the value of those AA cards though?

Doesn't seem there was a control on the AA cards available for gold either.

N3rd4Christ
07-21-2015, 12:06 AM
So is this the official response on why we are not allowed more than one sub?

If so why are people with multiple accounts being told they are allowed multiple? Whats the official word on why they are allowed to bring down the value on the AA cards?

Seeing as it seems there are controls being put in place on the AA cards, are we going to be limited in the number of release events we are going to be allowed to play? I was personally planning on playing a lot of them using up a fair amount of platinum, will this not effect the value of those AA cards though?

Doesn't seem there was a control on the AA cards available for gold either.

I'm pretty sure that's not the only reason. But as someone who cares about their collection I'm happy to see they take that into account.

Spiredore
07-21-2015, 12:37 AM
Seeing as it seems there are controls being put in place on the AA cards, are we going to be limited in the number of release events we are going to be allowed to play?

Of course there is a limit on the number of release events you can play: the number of events you can fit into the time allotted. There was also a limit on the AAs available from the store: the amount of gold you could spend getting them. There's going to be a limit on the charity stream AA's too, everyone gets four.

All AA's have had (and will have) controls of some sort or another that prevent everyone getting as many as they want. Not all those controls are the same, and that contributes to the varying values of the AAs. This should be obvious.

To be honest I kind of agree with you on the account thing, there's no terribly good reason why backers should be allowed more, but past promises, the evolution of what HEX was going to be, and the practicalities of annulling those accounts leave us in this situation. I don't really see that as a good justification for open-slather VIP tickets though.

Altima
07-21-2015, 02:45 AM
I like an idea of this VIP tournament but I think it is quite clunky for people who want to stick with only one account.

For example, I have a lot of free time this weekend and want to play another match in VIP tournament but I can't because I subscript for only 1 month and I have to wait for next month to subscribe again and get my VIP ticket. Damn it, I have money. I want to give it to you but you do not let me do it.

So someone who really want to play badly will make multiple accounts to participate in VIP tournament multiple times. They will subscript for 1 month in 6 accounts and they will be able to play 6 VIP tournament and they also get booster faster before price of Set 3 booster drop significantly.

Yes, subscript 1 month in 6 accounts has more benefit than subscript in one account for 6 months.

I do not try to say that "go make multiple account. It has more benefit than only one." but what I want to say to developer is if people want to pay you money pls do not make it feel clunky for them.

Xenavire
07-21-2015, 03:06 AM

Isn't there already a pretty hard limit to the number of AA's that can be generated? Currently there are only 6 timeslots (currently capped) meaning at the absolute maximum, a person could spend 6 tickets (and not sleep) for the mere chance at 6-12 copies of each AA - and they actually have to go 2-2 or better every time.

I don't feel like doing the math, but even on-demand queues would have a hard cap on the number generated by a single person, due to the sheer amount of time involved in going 2 or 4 wins.

Even if I had 6 tickets per month (42 per month) I doubt I could actually bring myself to play in every timeslot available. At best, I might do 3, which is at maximum 6 of each AA for a flawless weekend.

I am just not sure that the problem you are trying to prevent is actually that much of a problem, unless you greatly increase the availability of timeslots.

ManofPeace
07-21-2015, 04:11 AM
To be honest I kind of agree with you on the account thing, there's no terribly good reason why backers should be allowed more, but past promises, the evolution of what HEX was going to be, and the practicalities of annulling those accounts leave us in this situation. I don't really see that as a good justification for open-slather VIP tickets though.

Again, it's not just KS backers. It's also the people that abused the VIP system back in closed beta. The clearest answer (in my mind) as to why they're allowing people with multiple accounts to buy multiple VIPs is because it's the easiest solution.

Back in closed beta you weren't suppose to buy more than one VIP but people did (the exact reason VIP had to be "discontinued"). HexEnt at the time had a "policy" of "please don't do it but we're not enforcing it at all". A few months down the line and there's a ToS update about multiple accounts even though and everyone was like "what are you talking about?" (because it was never enforced).

After some (heated) discussion, HexEnt went with their current decision which never actually punished the abusers. Now they're just facing the after effects of that decision.

Aradon
07-21-2015, 04:11 AM
I like an idea of this VIP tournament but I think it is quite clunky for people who want to stick with only one account.

For example, I have a lot of free time this weekend and want to play another match in VIP tournament but I can't because I subscript for only 1 month and I have to wait for next month to subscribe again and get my VIP ticket. Damn it, I have money. I want to give it to you but you do not let me do it.

So someone who really want to play badly will make multiple accounts to participate in VIP tournament multiple times. They will subscript for 1 month in 6 accounts and they will be able to play 6 VIP tournament and they also get booster faster before price of Set 3 booster drop significantly.

Yes, subscript 1 month in 6 accounts has more benefit than subscript in one account for 6 months.

I do not try to say that "go make multiple account. It has more benefit than only one." but what I want to say to developer is if people want to pay you money pls do not make it feel clunky for them.

Yes, but they don't allow multiple accounts to be made. Your better alternative isn't actually an option. The intent is that you play one tournament each month.

warstriker
07-21-2015, 04:34 AM
I would love to have a life-time VIP subscription. :D

Spiredore
07-21-2015, 05:10 AM
The clearest answer (in my mind) as to why they're allowing people with multiple accounts to buy multiple VIPs is because it's the easiest solution.

I'm inclined to agree. I think HexEnt's preference has always been for each player to only have one account. Way back when the sort of financial information required to facilitate cashing out platinum was going to help enforce that, but that obviously didn't come off and in the absence of any real way to enforce a one account limit we've ended up in a weird and sometimes uncomfortable compromise position where people shouldn't make new accounts (except those who are allowed to) but there's little in the way of practical means to stop people and and some weird incentives coming through as a result.

My preference would be for everyone to have only a single account, but that really depends on a strong ability to detect and enforce multiples and I'm just not sure that's feasible.

DocX
07-21-2015, 06:10 AM

Would have been nice if that were specifically addressed in the FAQ instead of coming second hand on the forums from someone without an Orange forum name (which means about as much as it does coming from me or anyone else without an Orange forum name). . . y'know. . . given it's a question that's been frequently asked (even before the FAQ went up).

Not salty with you particularly, oss. I can guess that you were trying to be humorous given the smiley. However, I cannot understand why this was not addressed given the number of times it was asked in the thread announcing the return of the VIP program. I do not understand the idea behind not communicating clearly to answer a question many posters have brought up.

Hadry
07-21-2015, 06:24 AM
So I've got over a year left on my current VIP so I should get next years(July 2016) sleeve automatically I assume?

I would like to know it too. I purchased already 2 years of VIP with the old program (i had 1 year, and bought another when it was for plat before going away). Im not fussed about getting it or not, it is just curiosity. I will prob not sign up for the new one w/o any PvE perk or change, but i think i have plenty of time yet till more PvE is added and maybe we get an option for it.

Phenteo
07-21-2015, 07:00 AM
If you purchased two years of the old VIP you get two years of sleeves (when they are released).

Just like before, you cannot use platinum to purchase VIP.

BKCshah
07-21-2015, 07:16 AM
Grunching a bit. I agree with Magic_Gazz that there should not be a limit on the VIP purchased by any account. If consumers are willing to pay money for a perk which is always available at the same cost, the company should gladly take the money as they have created a valued service/opportunity.

Could VIP AAs become less exclusive or lower in-game value? Sure, however every AA created will be backed by the same dollar value contributed to HEX. $128/12 AAs or ~$10/AA (estimated based on 16 player tournaments - some minor variation is possible). The value of any item is what someone is willing to pay for it.

Is limiting the access necessary? Debatable. However, I feel that it is time to move away from the Kickstarter legacy whenever possible. This was/is an opportunity. The secondary market in TCGs is for the player base to determine. The company has a responsibility to offer the same opportunities to all players. Stacking VIPs would accomplish this goal. If you have the money and want to support the game, I don't see a good reason to limit the VIP subscriptions.

israel.kendall
07-21-2015, 07:24 AM
You guys make some good points, I agree that allowing VIP stacking seems like a good idea to me. I personally will only have one VIP sub, but for others who want it I don't see any need for a limit really.

TJTaylor
07-21-2015, 07:29 AM
Isn't there already a pretty hard limit to the number of AA's that can be generated? Currently there are only 6 timeslots (currently capped) meaning at the absolute maximum, a person could spend 6 tickets (and not sleep) for the mere chance at 6-12 copies of each AA - and they actually have to go 2-2 or better every time.

I don't feel like doing the math, but even on-demand queues would have a hard cap on the number generated by a single person, due to the sheer amount of time involved in going 2 or 4 wins.

Even if I had 6 tickets per month (€42 per month) I doubt I could actually bring myself to play in every timeslot available. At best, I might do 3, which is at maximum 6 of each AA for a flawless weekend.

I am just not sure that the problem you are trying to prevent is actually that much of a problem, unless you greatly increase the availability of timeslots.

Xenavire is exactly right. You can only play so much and the time frame is limited each month. This was a good opportunity to make things even across the board for non-kickstarters, kickstarters with multiple accounts, kickstarters with all their codes on one account (or only one code) since the packs were no longer able to be abused. I am disappointed in this decision to not allow stacking of multiple VIP subs for people that want to pay for it.

BKCshah
07-21-2015, 07:38 AM
You guys make some good points, I agree that allowing VIP stacking seems like a good idea to me. I personally will only have one VIP sub, but for others who want it I don't see any need for a limit really.

*Edit- wait, if you can buy unlimited amount of months then do we need stacking?

As I understand it, the current program will allow each account to buy a maximum of 1 year subscription (which can only be renewed upon expiration). However, anyone with multiple accounts (as permitted by the TOS, but who's really verifying that it isn't you playing on your wife, kid, or dog's account) will be able to essentially have 2+ VIP subscriptions active at the same time. This isn't available to honest players under the current TOS.

If you allow stacking (co-current VIP subscriptions - 2x 1 year subs getting 2 packs per week) for all accounts, then all players have the same opportunity.

Assassine
07-21-2015, 07:44 AM
And if you do, the problem of pack discount is right back.

noragar
07-21-2015, 07:54 AM
The intent for the VIP tournaments from the beginning was that you would only be able to play one per month. You got one ticket each month, and if you didn't use it that month, then it expired. The reason there were 6 tournaments each month was so that players from different parts of the world would hopefully be able to find one at a convenient time for them to play, but you could only play in one.

When they canceled the VIP program, they owed VIP months to some kickstarter backers. The decided to let those VIP months run concurrently to any bought VIP subscriptions and gave them non-expiring VIP tickets for those months. That now made it feasible to play more than one VIP tournament in a month to use up those extra tickets.

Based on the decision to not allow the new-VIP to stack, it seems that it's still the intent to limit people to one VIP tournament per month which is fine, and in line with the original intent.

I agree that it's odd to explicitly allow it to stack for people who legally have multiple accounts, but not for others. The only reason I can see for this would be that it would be impossible to enforce if it were restricted, so better to allow it for all of that class instead of it being available only to the subset of that class willing to violate the restriction.

BKCshah
07-21-2015, 07:58 AM
Hmm, I've heard stories that you can get 7k plat for ~$50. That seems like a bigger problem which supposedly exists. (~28.5% discount on real currency)

Getting real world VIP subscriptions for a minor discount on pack price is not an issue imo. 52 packs for $96 = $1.85/pack. (8% discount on real currency)

This is a big difference from the previous VIP offer. 52 packs for $48 = $0.92/pack (54% discount)

If people want to exploit, there will always be ways. As a business, I would gladly consider an 8% discount reasonable for real world currency. Supposedly the other 'discount' methods mean the same real world money to HEX, but it does not serve to protect the unknowing player base.

darkwonders
07-21-2015, 08:01 AM
How can we tell how much of the old VIP we have left?

I can't remember if I purchase 1 year or 2...

israel.kendall
07-21-2015, 08:35 AM
How can we tell how much of the old VIP we have left?

I can't remember if I purchase 1 year or 2...

From FAQ:

Q: Where do I see how much time I have left for my VIP status?
A: There will be an item in your account that will show you when your VIP status expires.

Saeijou
07-21-2015, 08:42 AM
From FAQ:

Q: Where do I see how much time I have left for my VIP status?
A: There will be an item in your account that will show you when your VIP status expires.

i hope it works this time :D

Phenteo
07-21-2015, 08:55 AM
i hope it works this time :D

Me too!

McCloud68
07-21-2015, 09:01 AM
If you purchased two years of the old VIP you get two years of sleeves (when they are released).

Hi Phenteo. My issue here is that really keeps a large part of your player base from being able to participate in this program. I am referring to the Free to Play player base. The game is built in such an awesome way that these kind of players can indeed do 99% of what is available in the game with little to no investment. I am a great example. Back in May or June, I forget, I put in a mere $10 of my own money into the game. I have since been able to do 100's of drafts, have even been up to 6000 platinum at one time. I feel there should be an option to purchase the VIP program in game with in game currency. It should not only be a cash money making system for Hex.

Lefto
07-21-2015, 09:02 AM

I sure hope HXE change their mind about platinum being unable to purchase VIP since this will practically render all people with credit cards tied to Greek banks unable to become VIP members due to the capital controls enforced in Greece.

Saeijou
07-21-2015, 09:09 AM
Hi Phenteo. My issue here is that really keeps a large part of your player base from being able to participate in this program. I am referring to the Free to Play player base. The game is built in such an awesome way that these kind of players can indeed do 99% of what is available in the game with little to no investment. I am a great example. Back in May or June, I forget, I put in a mere $10 of my own money into the game. I have since been able to do 100's of drafts, have even been up to 6000 platinum at one time. I feel there should be an option to purchase the VIP program in game with in game currency. It should not only be a cash money making system for Hex.

only PvE is supposed to be F2P... PvP is not!

McCloud68
07-21-2015, 09:15 AM

True, but if you are skilled in playing TCG's and can also use the AH system with some proficiency, trust me, you can do both. Which I have done.

Saeijou
07-21-2015, 09:22 AM
True, but if you are skilled in playing TCG's and can also use the AH system with some proficiency, trust me, you can do both. Which I have done.

well... in that case you might rethink, what "VIP" is standing for :)
it's for the growth of HXE... to ensure an income... so there is a steady flow into the game... if you are not that person, you are not a VIP
(i hope you don't see that as an insult... i just want to explain what the reason behind that might be!)

nicosharp
07-21-2015, 09:24 AM
Edited - Don't use G2A.com...

Saeijou
07-21-2015, 09:27 AM
deleted

are you all forgetting the VIP tickets in your counting? Oo

poizonous
07-21-2015, 09:28 AM
I really wish people would stop advertising G2A its the lowest form of marketing on the internet

McCloud68
07-21-2015, 09:29 AM
well... in that case you might rethink, what "VIP" is standing for :)
it's for the growth of HXE... to ensure an income... so there is a steady flow into the game... if you are not that person, you are not a VIP
(i hope you don't see that as an insult... i just want to explain what the reason behind that might be!)

I get what you are saying. I guess I was just hoping for a way into one of the only parts of the game I have been unable to get into so far. Trust me, I love this game as much as any VIP or KS ever has. I want this game to go places we have yet to even dream of. I understand that in order to get there, it will take time and funds. I am unfortunately not in a position in life to be able to do that. I am thankful to those that can and those that do. It makes folks like me appreciate and love this game and its community all the more.

nicosharp
07-21-2015, 09:29 AM

This has 100% nothing to do with VIP. If VIP is only a purchase for packs, and is only purchasable with cash, its really not worth it. You pay a premium for VIP now just for the future opportunity at AAs.

I really wish people would stop advertising G2A its the lowest form of marketing on the internet
It's exposing a flaw in both the partnership, and to HXE valuing our collections value. I'm not a fan.

Saeijou
07-21-2015, 09:30 AM
I get what you are saying. I guess I was just hoping for a way into one of the only parts of the game I have been unable to get into so far. Trust me, I love this game as much as any VIP or KS ever has. I want this game to go places we have yet to even dream of. I understand that in order to get there, it will take time and funds. I am unfortunately not in a position in life to be able to do that. I am thankful to those that can and those that do. It makes folks like me appreciate and love this game and its community all the more.

in that case i hope, that the VIP tickets will be tradable somewhen... so you can buy them for plat in the AH

Phenteo
07-21-2015, 09:30 AM
Please be aware that we do not endorse that site. Also, there have been reports in other games that they used stolen credit cards to illegally obtain either virtual items or the games themselves.

darkwonders
07-21-2015, 09:31 AM
This has 100% nothing to do with VIP. If VIP is only a purchase for packs, and is only purchasable with cash, its really not worth it. You pay a premium for VIP now just for the future opportunity at AAs.

It's exposing a flaw in both the partnership, and to HXE valuing our collections value. I'm not a fan.

Yeah. Platinum should not be allowed to be sold at a discount.

That's on Gameforge as they allow items other than direct CC/Paypal to be used to purchase Platinum. Not sure how much pull CZE has with Gameforge on changing that.

nicosharp
07-21-2015, 09:32 AM
Please be aware that we do not endorse that site. Also, there have been reports in other games that they used stolen credit cards to illegally obtain either virtual items or the games themselves.
I think that is enough to warrant making a sticky about your stance. It's a fairly significant issue imo.. I was going to stay quiet about it, but its itching me.

ratceo
07-21-2015, 09:32 AM

We should be able to invest in VIP with plat that we have earned in the games ecosystem. It makes it more fun for people that want to try going infinite. Walling out big features such as tournaments + AA cards feels really bad.

nicosharp
07-21-2015, 09:38 AM
If you see this can you remove this quote - I don't want it to be exposed... at least Phenteo addressed it.

BKCshah
07-21-2015, 10:02 AM
I'm guessing here (and could be totally wrong), but doesn't the G2A issue basically spawn from the decision not to tie Platinum to a single currency and adjust regularly for other currencies. I don't actually know how pricing works for European based players.

On May 10, 2014 - 100 plat:$1. The $:Euro exchange rate was $1:~0.72 Euro. (This seems to correlate to the 7k plat:50 Euro that I've heard)

Since then, the Euro value has dropped significantly to $1:~0.92 Euro

Saeijou
07-21-2015, 10:41 AM
If you see this can you remove this quote - I don't want it to be exposed... at least Phenteo addressed it.

done

mainstager
07-21-2015, 01:30 PM
I apologize for asking, as I'm sure the answer is out there somewhere...and I've been keeping up with the updates via the main Hex site, so...

I just want to make sure I'm seeing this right. I have a VIP token in my bag that says it's good through 5/12/2082. Is this a bug, or did Kickstarter backers get lifetime VIP and I somehow missed that?

HaemishM
07-21-2015, 01:38 PM
So I just signed up for the new VIP and immediately got a booster. Only the booster was a set 2 booster, not a set 3 one. I thought the booster was supposed to be the latest set. Is that incorrect?

Tazelbain
07-21-2015, 01:40 PM
Yep always the latest. Put in a ticket.

loopholist3
07-21-2015, 01:50 PM
Q: When do I receive my weekly booster pack?
A: Your first booster pack will appear in your account shortly after a successful purchase of the VIP program. Booster packs will be inserted into your account every week on the day you purchased thereafter.

I think some funny math happens due to the fact you get your first pack immediately, that causes subscribing for 12 months to give you more packs than subscribing for 1 year. 1 year has 52.1 weeks so you get 53 packs. If you subscribe on the 1st of a month, then there will be 5 of those days in that month (so if a month starts on a Monday, there are 5 Mondays in that month), with the exception of February (which has 4). So subscribing for 12 months gives you 59 packs. Please tell me if I am doing something wrong.

DocX
07-21-2015, 01:59 PM

Thank you for the answer. It is much appreciated.

darkwonders
07-21-2015, 02:51 PM
Hmm... somethings not right XD

http://i.imgur.com/8YKNMME.jpg

Yoss
07-21-2015, 05:35 PM
For those who want to buy VIP multiple times stacked on one account, I hope they let you do so. The reason given (limit the AA supply) doesn't hold up under scrutiny (in my opinion).

For those who want to use plat to buy VIP, I do not expect it will ever happen. Being able to put people on auto-renew through a credit card is just too juicy for the bean counters in the business office. Perhaps they could come up with a way to let you auto-pay with plat if you back it with a credit card that auto-buys plat when you don't have enough at VIP payment time? That's the best I could see happening for you.

thegreybetween
07-21-2015, 06:44 PM
I'm hoping for a bit of clarification to interpret my current VIP situation.

History:
- I bought a 1-year subscription back in May of 2014
- I have a King and Grand King Kickstarter tiers, as well as a slacker backer (8 months VIP)
- I bought a second 1-year subscription for Platinum just before the program closed

Practice:
- I have been receiving 1x pack per week normally from my main subscription
- I received 1x additional pack per week for several months of stacked VIP; that ended a few months ago
- Same for VIP tickets; I was getting 2x/month for a while, then it dropped expectedly to 1x/month

Current: I have two items in my inventory.
- A silver VIP token which says my subscription is valid from 05/08/2014 - 04/27/2016 (just shy of 2 years) with a pack on 7/23/2015
- A gold "KS VIP" token which says it is valid 6/12/2014 - 12/18/2015 (18 months) with a pack coming 7/23/2015

By my accounting, the silver token is mostly correct (should be a full two years), and the gold token is overstated by 10 months.

As for item rollouts, I know that the system is behind. As of this post, I do not have any VIP sleeves or any new VIP tickets in account.

QUESTIONS:

1) What is up with these tokens? My Kickstarter VIP should be gone (and has been gone), but now it seems to be back? Is this intended? It will be very interesting to see if I get a second pack on 07/23/2015. Why is the silver token not quite a full two years?

2) I bought a 2-year subscription, which will end in April/May of 2016. VIP sleeves come out once per year in July. Will I qualify to receive the year-2 sleeve (July 2016) under my current subscription, given that it was for two years, in spite of the fact that it will conclude before July? (I'll probably renew before then anyway; just curious because it was stated elsewhere that 2 years would grant 2 years worth of sleeves)

Warrender
07-22-2015, 09:10 AM
Supposedly these are the sleeves you get for this year:

https://i.imgur.com/ntiim9J.jpg

thegreybetween
07-22-2015, 09:38 AM
I think I've solved part of the mystery. If my theory is correct:

- Silver VIP tokens are actually for VIP and show the date it will end.

- Gold VIP tokens are for weekly draft tickets. This makes sense because the time the "pack" spawns correlates to the time I get my weekly ticket, and the 18-month duration matches that of the 1-year code I redeemed after the 6-month extension. I bet the people who have tickets expiring in 2082 have Pro-player/Lifetime codes (I sold my GK draft code, so I'm not able to verify this).

If any of you want to check your own silver/gold VIP tokens and offer supporting or conflicting evidence, I welcome it.

So, part of it makes deductive sense, anyway. I'm still curious as to why my 2-year VIP doesn't show a full two years, and whether or not it qualifies me for both the 2015 and 2016 sleeves. I guess more on this will come later.

Cheers.

israel.kendall
07-22-2015, 01:09 PM

The site says it is in partnership with Gameforge, it this untrue? I'm confused. If not true then you guys should maybe announce it or something.

Also, people on Craigslist may murder you, and there are tons of stolen goods on ebay. As with anything a person should be careful who they do business with.

From their product description page:

http://i.imgur.com/XCh6Ciw.jpg

Koz
07-22-2015, 01:56 PM
When will we be able to purchase VIP membership? The FAQ doesn't seem to answer that very important question

Saeijou
07-22-2015, 01:57 PM
When will we be able to purchase VIP membership? The FAQ doesn't seem to answer that very important question

you are already able to do it :)

Warrender
07-22-2015, 03:43 PM

You can buy VIP again (if you are not already enrolled in the current VIP program) since the new patch yesterday.

Koz
07-23-2015, 06:08 AM
You can buy VIP again (if you are not already enrolled in the current VIP program) since the new patch yesterday.

Oh, I guess that's done via the store inside the game then? I have had like ZERO chance to actually do anything since the patch went live except download it so I haven't had the chance to even look for the option

Warrender
07-23-2015, 06:12 AM
Oh, I guess that's done via the store inside the game then? I have had like ZERO chance to actually do anything since the patch went live except download it so I haven't had the chance to even look for the option

Yup, in the ingame store.

Svenn
07-24-2015, 02:17 PM

You might not, but Gameforge does. They are partners, according to the G2A site. Your partners, the ones who are collecting the money, are partnered with them.

G2A is really hurting the value of in-game items. As someone who has been following the real money trading since the early days of beta the pricing of things in real money has tanked in the last few months since people discovered G2A E-Pins allowing them to get a bonus 40% platinum.

Yoss
07-24-2015, 03:27 PM
Can confirm the RMT side of things has been destroyed relative to the supposedly 100p = $1 at the official store, and even compared to the gift card discounts.

When we had this discussion about the gift card deals, Chark said he'd keep an eye on it. Could we get another update on how that watching is going? Is Chark still happy with the effects of the discount programs on the premium in game currency?

RoyalNightGuard
07-25-2015, 07:25 PM
I noticed that I have a Kickstarter Backer VIP Member item in my inventory for 04/27/2014 through 05/16/2082 . I'm a Grand King backer, but other than that I don't think I ever bought VIP membership. Am I missing something or is this an error?

darkwonders
07-26-2015, 03:44 PM
I noticed that I have a Kickstarter Backer VIP Member item in my inventory for 04/27/2014 through 05/16/2082 . I'm a Grand King backer, but other than that I don't think I ever bought VIP membership. Am I missing something or is this an error?

That's your weekly Draft Ticket.

Xexist
07-26-2015, 04:16 PM
That's your weekly Draft Ticket.

Whoa whoa what?? My drafts for life has an expiry date????

If we discover immortality between now and then I am going to be super pissed

nickon
07-29-2015, 03:34 AM
Whoa whoa what?? My drafts for life has an expiry date????

If we discover immortality between now and then I am going to be super pissed

Found it ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

http://hex.tcgbrowser.com/images/cards/big/Immortality.jpg

DoctorJoe
07-29-2015, 04:24 AM
You should be concerned that CZE has calculated your expiration date. Still 67 more years is pretty good, so make the most of them!

majin
07-29-2015, 05:04 PM
after i got the life time draft, i planned to live up to 300+ so the 67 years limit is not enough :P