PDA

View Full Version : The TOS need to be reworded [RESOLVED - CLEAR BROWSER CACHE]

Assassine
07-20-2015, 05:16 PM
In the VIP faq it says you cant create new multiple accounts for VIP unless they abide by the "grandfathering rules" in the tos, but the tos says

You may only register one Account without a Kickstarter code or a VIP subscription service specifically attached to that account.

so in theory, buying VIP allows you to have that account, which is probably not what you had in mind with the VIP relaunch.

ManofPeace
07-20-2015, 05:20 PM
For those not in the know since this was a while back, the original intent was thus

Hi HEXers,

After discussing with legal some changes that we wanted to make to the Terms of Service, we've updated them based on discussions of what was communicated in the past. Moving forward, we want to enforce the one account policy for the future of the game. However, I worked with our legal team to clarify the following:

You are allowed to create only one account, however, you are allowed to utilize and control several accounts (for your sole discretion and use) that have a kickstarter code (or slacker backer code) attached to it or if you created an account and have a VIP subscription attached to it (or have had a VIP subscription attached to the account).

Breaking this down, this means that you can have only one account without a Kickstarter code and multiple accounts with a Kickstarter code attached to it or a VIP subscription attached to it.

The reason for this change is that it was communicated previously that you could have multiple Kickstarter accounts and we wanted to honor that.

Another change is that we removed the line about not being able to stream our game and other products during the stream.

You can find the Terms of Service here: https://hextcg.com/terms-and-conditions/

Phenteo
07-20-2015, 05:56 PM
We've grandfathered in the old VIP, however account creation no longer is allowed for additional VIP subscriptions for the new VIP program.

nicosharp
07-20-2015, 05:56 PM
Good catch, yes, this needs a quick rework.

Phenteo
07-20-2015, 05:59 PM
Good catch, yes, this needs a quick rework.

Already did. Caching is crap.

Hexgo
07-20-2015, 06:04 PM
We've grandfathered in the old VIP, however account creation no longer is allowed for additional VIP subscriptions for the new VIP program.

But...not that I planed to get more than 1 VIP anyway, but... wasn't this the whole reason to change the VIP?
"[...]“Why can’t that happen?” you might be asking…

Well, we had originally decided that each player would only be allowed one account. So if you had only one account, you couldn’t abuse offers like the VIP program (or other free sample opportunities). But as we built the system, it became clear this wasn’t going to be possible. So, the VIP program has to be sacrificed for the greater good.

To explain the exploit plainly: if you can make endless accounts, you can sign up for endless VIP programs, then aggregate those 1 pack-a-week 100 platinum packs and sell them on the auction house. This would effectively make packs 100 platinum, which is not something we want to happen. [...]"

Phenteo
07-20-2015, 06:07 PM
But...not that I planed to get more than 1 VIP anyway, but... wasn't this the whole reason to change the VIP?
"[...]“Why can’t that happen?” you might be asking…

Well, we had originally decided that each player would only be allowed one account. So if you had only one account, you couldn’t abuse offers like the VIP program (or other free sample opportunities). But as we built the system, it became clear this wasn’t going to be possible. So, the VIP program has to be sacrificed for the greater good.

To explain the exploit plainly: if you can make endless accounts, you can sign up for endless VIP programs, then aggregate those 1 pack-a-week 100 platinum packs and sell them on the auction house. This would effectively make packs 100 platinum, which is not something we want to happen. [...]"

Yes, that is why we had to change the program. But multiple accounts and the VIP program change to prevent abuse are not mutually exclusive.

bofedy
07-20-2015, 07:33 PM
Breaking this down, this means that you can have only one account without a Kickstarter code and multiple accounts with a Kickstarter code attached to it or a VIP subscription attached to it.

So if i understand this i can make a second account as i have backed with a code on current and im allowed 1 account with no kickstarter code correct??

So i will have 2 account 1 with KS and 1 without KS

As to me this says i can have 1 normal account no KS and as meny with KS as i have KS codes.

also dose slackerbacker count as a KS account or not a KS account??

Phenteo
07-20-2015, 10:45 PM
snip...

Yes, you can have two accounts if one has a kickstarter code attached to it and the other one doesn't.

As far as slacker backer, it's not specifically in the ToS. Because of this, I need to talk to legal.

Hexgo
07-21-2015, 02:48 AM
Yes, that is why we had to change the program. But multiple accounts and the VIP program change to prevent abuse are not mutually exclusive.

Well. The only reason for the change (doubling the price) is then, that the group of people trying to abuse the system gets so small that it's easier to control, manage and punish which was never communicated that way. Or is it something else?

Mahes
07-21-2015, 09:57 AM
Can you now fix the issue where the Terms of Service keeps popping back up after agreeing to it? I cannot get past that screen after having to uninstall the game because the patcher would not work right.

Phenteo
07-21-2015, 09:59 AM
Can you now fix the issue where the Terms of Service keeps popping back up after agreeing to it? I cannot get past that screen after having to uninstall the game because the patcher would not work right.

There was an issue where you didn't have proper admin privileges on your machine to write to a file where you accepted the ToS. Also, the game isn't back up yet. You may have to manually uninstall everything at this point. Hopefully a new installer will be made available in the near future.

Assassine
07-21-2015, 09:59 AM
The servers are not yet back up. Have patience.

Edit: *Gets murded by a Terrorantula*

Mahes
07-21-2015, 10:07 AM
So I have to wait until the servers are up for it to get past the TOS?

I got past it just fine on my home computer so that is a bit of a concern.

I already have unistalled it and reinstalled it. Do I keep doing this until it takes?

Just a Side note. I have played "Dozens" of games that required both a ToS and patching and have never had to reset either an admin or a security issue for those games. This goes all the way back to Ultima Online. This needs to be rectified as a player should never have to make adjustments to play a game. Especially if the developers do not provide the proper steps for said adjustments. Now I will grant that systems have changed through time but this just seems odd.

Phenteo
07-21-2015, 10:12 AM
So I have to wait until the servers are up for it to get past the TOS?

I got past it just fine on my home computer so that is a bit of a concern.

I already have unistalled it and reinstalled it. Do I keep doing this until it takes?

Just a Side note. I have played "Dozens" of games that required both a ToS and patching and have never had to reset either an admin or a security issue for those games. This goes all the way back to Ultima Online. This needs to be rectified as a player should never have to make adjustments to play a game. Especially if the developers do not provide the proper steps for said adjustments. Now I will grant that systems have changed through time but this just seems odd.

http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=44386&p=506830&viewfull=1#post506830