PDA

View Full Version : Thread of praise

Mejis
07-21-2015, 03:55 PM
I think the devs deserve a thread of praise.

Yes there was a launch delay, sure the release weekend got screwed around, but my what an amazing feature-filled patch.
I know some people have had issues, but all went smoothly on my end. Fantastic work to all of the team. The transition between screens is so fast now (props to Chris and all involved for sorting the leak out).
EAs are beautiful.
Chest opening is amazing.
Set 3 is amazing.

I have a gauntlet deck waiting for me after work today. All hail asynch sealed :D

Can't wait to take part in some tournies this weekend.

So yeah. Amazing job guys and girls. Keep it up. We love you all.

Stok3d
07-21-2015, 06:28 PM
/agree

fitzle
07-21-2015, 07:37 PM
Lots of awesome polish this patch. I really like the ambient music going on in some of the screens. The whole client is slowly becoming a living breathing creation. /abominate on

israel.kendall
07-21-2015, 07:44 PM
Should also add a congrats here to the team for another big milestone for HEX.

Oroniss
07-21-2015, 07:48 PM
Yeah, I only got to try it briefly before I had to head to work, but love what I saw.

Can't wait to get home and play some more.

Mejis
07-21-2015, 07:51 PM
Yeah, I only got to try it briefly before I had to head to work, but love what I saw.

Can't wait to get home and play some more.

This. It is rare that I get that feeling these days, but HEX sure provides that and this new patch gives me that warm snuggly feeling of wanting to get home and fire it up and soak into my new Set 3 cards ;)

DanTheMeek
07-21-2015, 07:58 PM
While I admit my own experience so far has been extraordinarily buggy to the point where I'm kind of afraid to try to play it... still kudos for finally getting us chest opening, truly a huge milestone and check mark off the core features list. Same with extended art and gauntlet, the former being another reasonably big milestone from the kickstarter, and latter something a portion of the board has been clamoring for for a while and I believe will be a huge boon to the long term success of the game. And of course all the other little changes that I think were all important steps forward as well. The game's really starting to shape into something I feel like I can re-push on my friends and becoming ever closer to the beautiful dream Corey shared with us during the kickstarter. And my gosh, all that new equipment, I continue to be blown away by how creative and just darn cool most of the equipment in the game is, its a feature that so many other companies would have taken an easier, but less awesome approach too, making most of the equips just make things have -1 cost or whatever, but to the contrary nearly all the equips in hex are liken to a full programmed "card" in their own right with how meaningfully and uniquely they alter the way the corresponding card works. The ambition behind Hex has always been through the roof, and that has arguably caused some issues for them, particularly in the bug and delayed launches category, but what I've seen continues to make me believe that sticking to their guns and refusing to lower that bar will pay off in the end, resulting in a game that no other game on the market will even be able to compare with.

Yoss
07-21-2015, 10:14 PM
Granted, I haven't played it much yet, but the patch seems great so far. Thanks guys!

Spiredore
07-21-2015, 11:26 PM
I've had noticeably improved client performance on both the machines I play HEX on, so there's clearly been 'under the hood' work which I very much appreciate.

Perhaps more importantly the one error I've encountered so far included a clear description of what had gone wrong and what I should do next, which makes a huge difference in trying to get help (and, I should think, to those called upon to give me help).

Cainhu
07-21-2015, 11:59 PM
Thanks for the devs for the really huge update. Set 3 is great, and extended art is beautifull.

(Spoiler : extended art cards like Uzume also generate extended art cards... which is really fun)

On the other hand there is a whole bunch of bugs, even with te delayed release... it took me a long time to even start the client. And then I crashed in the AH.

starwing
07-22-2015, 03:38 AM
I'm loving this update and haven't experienced any troubles :cool: Chests are amazing! New sound effects and unlocking extended art are fantastic as well.

Hadry
07-22-2015, 03:48 AM
I didnt played the test (i didnt want to spoil the fun too soon ^^) so i was really surprised yesterday. The IU look more polished, the loading times are way better and the new set is amazing. Specially kudos for the coyotes! The prophecy hability is quite fun to play with. Also i really liked opening my chests! ^___^

Ertzi
07-22-2015, 04:05 AM
I will add my voice to the thread o' praise.

I am loving the launch so far. There is so much to do and so many new toys to play with that I am constantly overwhelmed, but in a blissful sort of way :).

I am shocked how much I find myself caring about the Extended Art. The cards simply look gorgeous when unlocked. I then have to gaze at each one for a while to take in all the new details. The cards really come to life in a whole different way. It was sneaky to make it so the Extended Art image is the one that shows in Card Manager after unlocking, because now I really need to unlock them all. They just look infinitely better with EA when they are in a row like that.

I have only just began to play around with the new cards and I am having a blast already. Feels so fresh again. I have played 8 hours straight now, so I gotta take a break and eat something. :D

Then there is the whole Draft and Gauntlet to dive into... I will be busy for a long time.

Thank you and congratulations for the epic launch of Armies of Myth, HexEnt!

warstriker
07-22-2015, 06:20 AM
Lots of awesome polish this patch. I really like the ambient music going on in some of the screens. The whole client is slowly becoming a living breathing creation. /abominate on

I am glad you like the new audio :)

selpai
07-22-2015, 06:52 AM
There seem to be some client optimizations, so that's a plus. AI seemed to play faster, filtering my collection had much less of a delay, and the AH had more options. I'll check back later to see if it was just a function of there being so few players on at launch.

Anyone else notice how there seems to be animations for certain card effects now?

hitchslap88
07-22-2015, 07:42 AM
Thanks a ton, HexEnt. New features are outstanding, and the Phenteo you threw into the Primal pack you gave me from my first draft win was just... :D

Halsey
07-22-2015, 01:50 PM
I want to toss my thanks in here too. Patch over all has been great, client improvements are very noticable, and so far the new set is a blast.

Krond
07-22-2015, 01:56 PM
Word. Lots of cool stuff this patch. The set looks awesome, I like the feel of the draft environment, nice improvements all around.

Shame there's only 24 hours in a day, because I want to draft the crap outta this set soooo bad, but I have all this pesky working and eating and sleeping getting in the way.

GJ HEX Ent

Mejis
07-22-2015, 04:20 PM
There seem to be some client optimizations, so that's a plus. AI seemed to play faster, filtering my collection had much less of a delay, and the AH had more options. I'll check back later to see if it was just a function of there being so few players on at launch.

Anyone else notice how there seems to be animations for certain card effects now?

The new card animations are quite superb. Prophecy and bane eggs are incredible.

thegreybetween
07-22-2015, 09:25 PM
Goofy as this is to say: Thank you for creating Mecha Filk Apes :p

I am a sucker for all things cyborg-ape, and just having a gang of these guys around automatically upgrades the cool factor of my collection. Simple thematic touches go a long way sometimes. Cheers!

Selanius
07-22-2015, 11:28 PM
This patch might be the best one yet! The client feels like it has some polish and the added functionality of this patch is outstanding. This patch should tide even the most misanthropic of players over until you can get PvE out and finish off this Ninja Beta and move into a true Open Beta.