PDA

View Full Version : Phenteo the blood priest

Zarien
07-22-2015, 08:53 AM
Whats everyone's thoughts on the card? Value going to go up later? Tank? Really amazing card or what?

Poetic
07-22-2015, 09:03 AM
Monsuun of the set. Will be overpriced.

pjvedder
07-22-2015, 09:24 AM
I think it depends on if a bane deck really becomes a tier 1 deck. But regardless, it does have that Mosnuun feel to it.

Krond
07-22-2015, 01:14 PM
This card looks awful for constructed. You have to wait until turn 4 to start using it, and if you want to block with it, you have to let them draw before using it. It's difficult to play outside of heavy Blood, and a 1/4 is not a great fighter (it's probably gonna die a lot without stopping much aggression).

At least Monsuun attacks for 5 damage on turn 4, or has a chance of reanimating your team post-Extinction.

If this card is selling for more than $3, I'd sell em now.

nicosharp
07-22-2015, 01:16 PM
This card looks awful for constructed. You have to wait until turn 4 to start using it, and if you want to block with it, you have to let them draw before using it. It's difficult to play outside of heavy Blood, and a 1/4 is not a great fighter (it's probably gonna die a lot without stopping much aggression).

At least Monsuun attacks for 5 damage on turn 4, or has a chance of reanimating your team post-Extinction.

If this card is selling for more than $3, I'd sell em now.
LOL... The Reese of early set3.. I think people have better sense now than to make a bad value-judgement here based on a few folks tarnished input. I really hope this was in a sarcastic manner in hopes that you'd stumble upon a fool that posts one on the AH for so little after your post.

Krond
07-22-2015, 01:27 PM
While I have stumbled upon a fool, that was not my intention. I've been aboard many a hype train when it comes to TCGs, and this one (Phenteo) just doesn't look like the real deal to me.

Cheers.

nicosharp
07-22-2015, 01:54 PM
While I have stumbled upon a fool, that was not my intention. I've been aboard many a hype train when it comes to TCGs, and this one (Phenteo) just doesn't look like the real deal to me.

Cheers.
Very nice reply. ;)
I do remember when Reese was selling for sub 300plat early on in set2. That is the largest comparison I am making here. For constructed though, I'd argue there is more to this card than it's activation power, and it definitely will not be fighting for a slot in popular blood/diamond control variants.

IronPheasant
07-22-2015, 03:20 PM
The only real gripe with him is that control cards rarely double as mill cards. Most of those things, like Murmurs From the Void and Incubation Webs, are in blue.*

Well, that and the fact that you're not playing the Best Color, blue. Reese is such splendid BS because he's immortal because you're playing counterspell, and have the mana free for when he comes out to cast it. That's a reason tunneling isn't necessarily all-downside in blue; frankly I'd prefer it if all of my offensive troops above 2 resource had Tunneling:1.

* They are blue because blue is the best color. Blue!

Krond
07-22-2015, 03:29 PM
I have no idea what this "blue" you are referring to. We don't use that kinda language around here. We say Sapphire. Otherwise you might find a Coastal Wizard holding an affidavit crawling up your ass.

Zophie
07-22-2015, 03:39 PM
I dunno, Phenteo has always seemed like a pretty cool guy to me. I think he's definitely worth more than a few bucks for sure.

ryuukan
07-22-2015, 04:32 PM
I dunno, Phenteo has always seemed like a pretty cool guy to me. I think he's definitely worth more than a few bucks for sure.

He's worth at least 10 Charks

israel.kendall
07-22-2015, 06:54 PM
Just for the record Phenteo last I looked was going for around 1500p. I don't really see it going much higher than that in the near term. Sold the one I pulled, but would not have sold at 300p LOL.

Krond
07-23-2015, 09:16 AM
I'm not saying sell at 300 if the market has set the price at 1500.

I'm saying that I'll be selling all mine (at whatever the current market price), until they reach 301.

israel.kendall
07-23-2015, 09:22 AM
I'm not saying sell at 300 if the market has set the price at 1500.

I'm saying that I'll be selling all mine (at whatever the current market price), until they reach 301.

I think it's a good card though, not 1500p good, but also not 300p bad. Most likely will fall somewhere in between IMO.

stiii
07-23-2015, 10:56 AM
LOL... The Reese of early set3.. I think people have better sense now than to make a bad value-judgement here based on a few folks tarnished input. I really hope this was in a sarcastic manner in hopes that you'd stumble upon a fool that posts one on the AH for so little after your post.

As opposed to your not tarnished input?

This card is pretty bad. The other egg cards aren't good enough for constructed so you can't build a deck around just him.

nicosharp
07-23-2015, 10:58 AM
As opposed to your not tarnished input?

This card is pretty bad. The other egg cards aren't good enough for constructed so you can't build a deck around just him.
Touche - I think Krond already got me for that comment pretty good. I agree - it being valued for it's exhaust mechanic is not its overall strength.

stiii
07-23-2015, 11:01 AM
To be fair if there was another super powerful egg card in set 4 it could shoot back up again. One trigger is enough to swing a game it is just that with only one good egg card it will often do nothing all game.

vickrpg
07-23-2015, 11:30 AM
I think Phenteo will be popular as long as Arena is. Because everyone wants to beat stupid Xarlox's face in with his own trick.

israel.kendall
07-23-2015, 11:45 AM
To be fair if there was another super powerful egg card in set 4 it could shoot back up again. One trigger is enough to swing a game it is just that with only one good egg card it will often do nothing all game.

Yeah, once he gets cheap then it could be a good speculation card for set 4.

Selanius
07-23-2015, 11:56 AM
Phenteo is the type of card I don't like to personally play, but HATE playing against. I suspect he will be too slow for Constructed after having tested a bit.