PDA

View Full Version : Raptor Boots and Calling Blade effect change?

Draqoin
07-22-2015, 04:01 PM
Maybe I just didn't see it mentioned anywhere, but the Pack Raptor equipment have drastically different effects than when they were first announced in the kickstarter. Why were the effects changed? I was super looking forward to having Pack Raptors be the green version of Ancestor's Specter.

Xavon
07-22-2015, 04:18 PM
The change in the Calling Blade is less than the change in the Mirror Blade.

And as for why? Some combination of programming difficulties and game play balance, no doubt.

thegreybetween
07-22-2015, 04:23 PM
I think that the boots are actually more useful now. Having Speed raptors improves their utility in a lot of decks (redundant with Savage Lord, but opens them up to R/W agro without the need for Lords). Shuffling 6x rather than 4x would help with some early swarms, but I believe it would prove less useful overall.

The change to the Blade is a bummer (and ironically would make the old boots even better), but I guess the latest incarnation makes more thematic sense as it only "calls" other raptors.

Salverus
07-22-2015, 04:47 PM
i am confused, can someone tell me what the old equipment was and how it is different from the current one?

thegreybetween
07-22-2015, 04:50 PM
Old Boots: Shuffle 6x raptors into your deck instead of 4x
New Boots: Raptors have Speed

Old Blade: When you play a raptor, draw a card
New Blade: When you play a raptor, if the top card of your deck is a raptor, put it into your hand

Xavon
07-22-2015, 04:58 PM
That is half correct. The new Boots make your Raptors 'Quick' troops (meaning you can play them whenever you could play quick action).

thegreybetween
07-22-2015, 05:00 PM
Derp. You're right. That's what I get for recalling an item from a chest I opened at 2AM :p

Honestly, I like Quick Raptors even more than Speed Raptors, especially given the likelihood of Savage Lord entering the mix.