PDA

View Full Version : The downside of being able to list cards in bulk in the auction house

Fred
07-22-2015, 10:07 PM
While you may list in bulk, they expire individually...

theghost32
07-22-2015, 10:25 PM
also if you mess up while posting them you have to cancel them all individually

superdax
07-22-2015, 10:38 PM
Did price drop since the multi listing.. I made a killing in gold the past 2 weeks. The gold was 50% more and there was an influx a lot of new players. so I listed a lot (one by one)

ghulzen
07-22-2015, 10:50 PM
Multi listing has also made "browsing" for a deal impossible. Sometimes I'm not looking for a specific card, just looking for a decent price. That's nearly impossible now since there are so many auctions listed that will never sell.

purehybrid
07-22-2015, 11:17 PM
annnnd all of this wouldn't be an issue if we were using a bid/ask system instead...

IronPheasant
07-22-2015, 11:35 PM
It could really help if the auction spam had its separate folder. Sometimes a person might get a message from a human, you know?

And yeah, it could be nice if you could collapse all the copies of a card for sell down to one item on the search interface.

Salverus
07-22-2015, 11:54 PM
I want more AH filters, e.g. now I can only search for 1 rarity at a time.
I want the AH to show all non-common and non-uncommon only. Thus only show rares, legendaries and promos.
this will remove most of the useless cards you never intend to buy anyway and makes browsing doable again.

MarS
07-22-2015, 11:55 PM
there are some really good suggestions in this thread. please make them happen

Cainhu
07-22-2015, 11:56 PM
It could really help if the auction spam had its separate folder. Sometimes a person might get a message from a human, you know?

+1 for this idea.

Also, expired unsold items shouldn't spam you with seperate mails. Somthing similar as what you get after a sealed/draft would be perfect.

Khazrakh
07-23-2015, 12:15 AM
+1 for this idea.

Also, expired unsold items shouldn't spam you with seperate mails. Somthing similar as what you get after a sealed/draft would be perfect.

Agreed - could be one Mail with everything you sold and/or didn't sell in the last 6 or 12 hours.
Maybe have one for the stuff you sold and one for the stuff you didn't.

Kamino72
07-23-2015, 12:44 AM
No need for mail for AH results : just a window of logs.

+1 for bid/ask system, I just want to buy/sell cards at fixed price. I want to spend my time to play, not to scroll infinite lists of cards.

Yoss
07-23-2015, 05:37 PM
Yes, please add Bid listings to the AH.

Yes, please add AH logging and get AH spam out of our mail boxes.

Oli
07-23-2015, 10:04 PM
Would be really nice if they just show one entry per item with lowest and highest Gold/Plat bid and buyout.
A doubleclick could open all separate entries.
Browsing the auction just to get an overview of the current market is impossible at the moment.

judas42
07-23-2015, 10:31 PM
And please add a search filter for "quantity owned", so we can search for cards we are missing. Also, seperate sortable columns for bid/bidout would be really nice.

Thepsis
07-24-2015, 12:01 AM
bid / ask system like in eve would be so great +1!

malloc31
07-24-2015, 07:59 AM
I really wish you could search for only cards you don't have 4 of, and search for only equipment you don't own any of ....

XagoTrunk
07-24-2015, 08:22 AM
Take note CZE, this is what everyone is asking for

http://i.imgur.com/tdbW9wt.png

Salverus
07-24-2015, 08:24 AM
no, not everyone ...

Crimguy
07-24-2015, 08:35 AM
no, not everyone ...

I had no idea what bid/ask meant, but that does look like a nice idea.

KingGabriel
07-24-2015, 08:48 AM
no, not everyone ...
I'm not looking for it, but I'd much prefer it if cards from the same user in bulk clumped together with the quantity left next to it.

Niedar
07-24-2015, 10:03 AM
Seriously, switch to bid/ask. AH is just plain garbage compared to it.

RobHaven
07-24-2015, 10:20 AM
Seriously, switch to bid/ask. AH is just plain garbage compared to it.

An eBay style AH is necessary for selling cards that are all unique. I'm all for bid/ask for vanilla cards, though.

Niedar
07-24-2015, 10:28 AM
People don't actually care about "Unique" cards and I don't really care if they keep their terrible AH system around for it. "Unique" cards should NEVER be a justification for not having a bid/ask system though and the bid/ask system should be the priority.

Yoss
07-24-2015, 10:55 AM
An eBay style AH is necessary for selling cards that are all unique. I'm all for bid/ask for vanilla cards, though.

There are ways to make Bid/Ask work with the double-back features. It's all about having good UI sorting and filtering. See link in my sig.

4acrossisemu
07-24-2015, 11:44 AM
Because of the ease of listing now more people are just off loading their cards without really knowing the price of them and its tanking the market. I think this might bottom out in a few weeks time. But the prices wont bounce back for a while. I'd say its a buyers market right now and you should pick up what you think will hold its weight later on when it settles down. Also hextcgbroswers pricing are really different to hex price. which could also be where these pricing are coming from.

We do need a mail filter for AH mail.
We do need a min/max buyout price search. (the current system is a mess)
Limit the quantity to a playset of 4 (happy mix on what was and is)

IronPheasant
07-24-2015, 01:11 PM
Because of the ease of listing now more people are just off loading their cards without really knowing the price of them and its tanking the market.

The real price of bulk commons is like 40 gold. The artificial "you have to take 30 seconds of your life to list one card" was what raised it to its ridiculous price before.

Yoss
07-24-2015, 01:12 PM
I do not agree with limiting quantity of listings. Rares and up should not be affected much by it (most people don't have 50 extra reese to put up for sale), and driving down the price of commons and uncommons is a good thing for keeping the game accessible.

Zophie
07-24-2015, 01:17 PM
An eBay style AH is necessary for selling cards that are all unique.

Not really. Just need to look at EVE Online or Guild Wars 2 market systems. They have buy and sell orders, great organization of items listed, easy to work with listings in bulk and you can still drill down to unique listings all in the same system. It is absolutely possible to create a versatile market system that makes basic buying and selling efficient and easy as well as maintaining the uniqueness of each individual item for those that will value this in the future when double backs come in.

stiii
07-24-2015, 08:19 PM
So how exactly does this list multiple cards thing work? If I want to sell 10 packs at 175 (or whatever) do I set the price to 175 or 1750? I guess 175 but getting it wrong is pretty terrible.

Xexist
07-24-2015, 08:23 PM
Set price to 175

israel.kendall
07-24-2015, 08:27 PM
How on earth could anyone say cards are tanking on the market with bulk listing when the average value of contents of a booster from all 3 sets is over 200p?

4acrossisemu
07-24-2015, 11:11 PM
How on earth could anyone say cards are tanking on the market with bulk listing when the average value of contents of a booster from all 3 sets is over 200p?

because supply has now outstripped demand. Burn for example sold for 900 gold av for the last month. Currently >300. Because of the system allows people to dump them. There was usually before the quantity option about 4 to 7 pages of any one common. Now there can be upwards of 20. Because of the way its set up (you can't search for buyout only bid price) Its pretty impossible to find which is the cheapest buyout. 300 is probably closer to its real price as i hate to guess at how many burns are out there. But the price did tank and is down on all commons.

IronPheasant
07-25-2015, 12:05 AM
Its pretty impossible to find which is the cheapest buyout.

The cheapest buyout on Burn right now is 250 followed up by some guy wasting his time trying to flip all Burns for 400 bid to 900 buyout, which is way more than the price floor in plat of course.

The correct price for Burn is about a nice 150ish gold.

israel.kendall
07-25-2015, 12:09 AM
because supply has now outstripped demand. Burn for example sold for 900 gold av for the last month. Currently >300. Because of the system allows people to dump them. There was usually before the quantity option about 4 to 7 pages of any one common. Now there can be upwards of 20. Because of the way its set up (you can't search for buyout only bid price) Its pretty impossible to find which is the cheapest buyout. 300 is probably closer to its real price as i hate to guess at how many burns are out there. But the price did tank and is down on all commons.

Not sure about commons as I haven't traded them in a while, but in general card prices have risen in value (platinum) over the previous week.

4acrossisemu
07-25-2015, 12:18 AM
I buy and sell commons all the time. 900 for burn was pretty standard and it topped hexprice commons price for trading for a few weeks before the set 3 launch. And i've sold about 10 over that time at 900 to 800. The price is the market value. Where is 150 coming from? Is this just a figure you would put on it personally?

I'm not saying Boohoo i cant sell for 900 anymore. Honestly i think as i said in posts before the market will settle again. This is just whats happened and why it has happened.

RamzaBehoulve
07-25-2015, 05:12 AM
The bulk feature is nice, but at the same time, you will create a price wall. That is, people will immediately price their cards 1p or 1g bellow you. You think it doesn't matter, but in fact it does because they all know you won't be removing all of them one by one to undercut again. Nobody is going to risk posting higher than you thinking your 1-2 cards below market price will sell quickly.

Basically, by posting more than 2-3 of a card at the same time, you momentarily lower the market price of the card while at the same time barely selling any yourself unless you are alone. It's a nice feature when a card is already at a low level, but for anything above minimum platinum price, you should never bulk list and instead slowly sell over several days.

PS : Burn has always been worth 400g+ for at least 6 months, sometimes going as high as 1-1.5k gold for a week-end.

Yoss
07-25-2015, 09:52 AM
you can't search for buyout only bid price
The UI is terrible and unintuitive for sorting buyouts, but it is possible to do. Click the header of the price column four times.

I really wish lowest buyout was the default sort and that "N/A" was not considered "lowest buyout" (N/A is more like infinity not zero). All this auction nonsense wastes my time.

4acrossisemu
07-25-2015, 10:30 AM
The UI is terrible and unintuitive for sorting buyouts, but it is possible to do. Click the header of the price column four times.

I really wish lowest buyout was the default sort and that "N/A" was not considered "lowest buyout" (N/A is more like infinity not zero). All this auction nonsense wastes my time.

ooh bloody hell. Thanks. Someone needs to be banned from the whiteboard pens at meetings on UI.

TOOT
07-25-2015, 02:05 PM

This would be a very helpful change. Much more people go strictly to lowest buyout than lowest price by a mile. Been mentioned before, and was hoping it would have been included in the Set 3 patch.

Yoss
07-25-2015, 02:25 PM
This would be a very helpful change. Much more people go strictly to lowest buyout than lowest price by a mile. Been mentioned before, and was hoping it would have been included in the Set 3 patch.

I bet it's a single flag in a configuration list/file somewhere that would just need to be toggled to change the default sorting. Changing how "N/A" is treated would probably take a little more work, but still not too hard.

It'd also be nice, if they're going to stick with a 4-state sort, if the column displayed somehow to tell you what the current sorting is ("Bid <UpArr>", "Bid <DownArr>", "Buy <UpArr>", "Buy <DownArr>").

superdax
07-25-2015, 07:29 PM
When the Arena was 50% gold i started to list alot of cards and made over 150,000 of gold out of common and uncommon. They did sell for more. The thing is people are dumping. It is very easy to fix that problem. Limit the number of cards someone can list. Like this they can bulk list but to a maximum of lets say 50 cards total. Listing is fast (bulk) price stay attractive to seller and buyer.

TOOT
07-25-2015, 08:07 PM
Artificially inflating/restricting the market at the expense of newer/F2P players is an awful idea.

Newer players were getting gauged when they had to pay 1000+ gold just for a freakin' burn to improve their starter deck only because it was such a pain in the balls to list a bunch of cards.