PDA

View Full Version : ...to Reduce Load On the AH

israel.kendall
07-23-2015, 08:43 AM
Last nights (this morning?) patch to "reduce load on the AH" makes total sense if you see this chart (from hexsales.net). That is over 1.5 million plat traded on the AH yesterday!

http://i.imgur.com/4ReMDrs.jpg

ziggarius
07-23-2015, 08:44 AM
I'm guilty for at least 8k of that plat... when I realized most of the PvE cards are being firesaled and are probably at their all time LOW before the rarity of them sinks in and some of them are going to be really good... yeah. I also finished off my set 1/2 AAs for uncommons and constantinas.

israel.kendall
07-23-2015, 08:49 AM
I'm guilty for at least 8k of that plat... when I realized most of the PvE cards are being firesaled and are probably at their all time LOW before the rarity of them sinks in and some of them are going to be really good... yeah. I also finished off my set 1/2 AAs for uncommons and constantinas.

shhh..lol, yeah I opened over 1500 chests, and while I have 15-20 each of Constantina and Psycho Anarchist AA's, I have not even a playset of any single PvE card from those chests. They are indeed rare, I imagine there will be more equipment for the cards than there will be cards to use said equipment on.

ziggarius
07-23-2015, 08:51 AM
shhh..lol, yeah I opened over 1500 chests, and while I have 15-20 each of Constantina and Psycho Anarchist AA's, I have not even a playset of any single PvE card from those chests. They are indeed rare, I imagine there will be more equipment for the cards than there will be cards to use said equipment on.

I didn't have that many chests to go through... a 3rd across both set 1 and 2, mostly set 1. I got a playset of psychotic anarchists, but only one constantina and paladin of necropolis AAs..

I did manage to snag an AA mastery of time, but debating if I want to spend to get the rest of it or not.

israel.kendall
07-23-2015, 08:58 AM
I didn't have that many chests to go through... a 3rd across both set 1 and 2, mostly set 1. I got a playset of psychotic anarchists, but only one constantina and paladin of necropolis AAs..

I did manage to snag an AA mastery of time, but debating if I want to spend to get the rest of it or not.

Oh Paladin I only got 6 of I think, and only 4 savage raider I think. They are surely more rare than the psycho or Constantine. I did not pull rootfather or crash of beast until I cracked my primals.

As for the huge AH volume increase, with every new large patch the volume has gotten up to a new level, I'm excited to find out what the new avarage daily will be. Used to be around 300k plat, so this is a pretty big spike.

ziggarius
07-23-2015, 09:04 AM
Yeah, I only got 2 crash of beasts out of primals. Which makes sense for the rare card AAs to be so far up, I think I got like 6 or 7 savage raiders though.

I was surprised when I posted on bug report that I thought the psychotic anarchists were too common and possibly in the wrong list to get shot down by people saying it's fine. And now the regular art psychotic anarchists have been halved in value due to the spam of AAs.

No AA rootfathers here at all, I like their art but they might be too rare to chase. Out of my 7 primal chests, I only got one sleeve :( Was sad after seeing all the people with double sleeve primals.

Salverus
07-23-2015, 09:07 AM
AH used to have 2600-2900 pages
its over 10000 now for the cards alone.

McCloud68
07-23-2015, 09:08 AM
While I am ALL for them fixing the AH, when making changes on how you are to use it for say searching for cards and such, they really should make a front page post about such changes. AH is still not 100% functional as it once was either. I do hope they are working on that and can soon get it to where it needs to be functionality wise.

Lafoote
07-23-2015, 09:11 AM
This is pretty much the benchmark statistic for PVE cards being far too rare.

israel.kendall
07-23-2015, 09:13 AM
Yeah, I only got 2 crash of beasts out of primals. Which makes sense for the rare card AAs to be so far up, I think I got like 6 or 7 savage raiders though.

I was surprised when I posted on bug report that I thought the psychotic anarchists were too common and possibly in the wrong list to get shot down by people saying it's fine. And now the regular art psychotic anarchists have been halved in value due to the spam of AAs.

No AA rootfathers here at all, I like their art but they might be too rare to chase. Out of my 7 primal chests, I only got one sleeve :( Was sad after seeing all the people with double sleeve primals.

I must have missed your post about Psycho AA, but I tend to agree. It would seem like more common and uncommon AA would be given out in common/uncommon chests. But as we have it now, some of the rare AA are awarded at a vastly higher rate. I pulled more Psychotic Anarchist AA from my chests than I did from the packs those chests came from....I love the AA, but when it has such drastic effect on card prices I am not sure it's such a good thing. I thought it may be a bug also and considered making a thread, but figured I could have been an outlier or something.

Xexist
07-23-2015, 09:24 AM
When searching the AH it should just return the first page or two of lowest prices. everything else doesnt really matter. (double backs or whatever aside)

Erebus
07-23-2015, 09:55 AM
When searching the AH it should just return the first page or two of lowest prices. everything else doesnt really matter. (double backs or whatever aside)

Lowest Bid or Lowest buyout? Sometimes I want one or the other. If I just need 1 card to fill a deck then I want lowest buyout, but if I just want to find a good deal, I'll want lowest Bid. There is no correlation between those two values as well.

Makizushi
07-23-2015, 10:02 AM
This is pretty damn incredible :) What a tumultuous time for HEX!

israel.kendall
07-23-2015, 10:02 AM

Actually it matters to me, quite a lot, to see those other results. I need to know how many copies are listed and at what prices. Not everyone lists for the lowest amount, I often list cards in the middle somewhere depending on the market, time left on the lowest priced ones, etc.

Xexist
07-23-2015, 10:06 AM
Actually it matters to me, quite a lot, to see those other results. I need to know how many copies are listed and at what prices. Not everyone lists for the lowest amount, I often list cards in the middle somewhere depending on the market, time left on the lowest priced ones, etc.

Then make it 5 pages max, or whatever. I dont need to go through 15 pages of shit when Im buying cards. I buy from page 1.

israel.kendall
07-23-2015, 10:15 AM
Then make it 5 pages max, or whatever. I dont need to go through 15 pages of shit when Im buying cards. I buy from page 1.

Using the max price might be able to cut your results a bit, but I've not tried it.

Xexist
07-23-2015, 10:18 AM
Using the max price might be able to cut your results a bit, but I've not tried it.

Probably a good idea thanks

israel.kendall
07-23-2015, 10:36 AM
I will add a cross link here, as there seems to be a bug in the AH after this update. Many card searches are yielding zero results. (yes I ticked the shards before searching). http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=44696\

*Edit: Relog fixed it!
*Edit 2: aaaand it broke again

Ertzi
07-23-2015, 10:57 AM
I just canceled an auction and I didn't get my card back. It has been over an hour now and still no signs of it. Not the cheapest card either. This is a problem, as I am afraid to use AH now.

israel.kendall
07-23-2015, 11:27 AM
I just canceled an auction and I didn't get my card back. It has been over an hour now and still no signs of it. Not the cheapest card either. This is a problem, as I am afraid to use AH now.

No need to be afraid of losing things. Datadragon keeps all that in his hoard, and I trust nothing will be permanently lost. Just need to be patient until they get this ironed out.

NoahBuddy
07-23-2015, 01:40 PM
I canceled 3-4 auctions for AA darkspire punishers a while back and they disappeared. Support said it was a visual bug and that they were still there. I haven't seen them since and this was months ago.

ossuary
07-23-2015, 01:53 PM
I canceled 3-4 auctions for AA darkspire punishers a while back and they disappeared. Support said it was a visual bug and that they were still there. I haven't seen them since and this was months ago.

Please resubmit a ticket for this. If you get the same answer back, respond to the ticket and ask for it to be escalated to a HexEnt employee for review. The client and database should never be out of sync for that long, something must have got misplaced. DataDragon will sort it out... the data knows all!

Ertzi
07-23-2015, 02:22 PM
Mine came back after about 4 hours. Phew. Sorry, support!