PDA

View Full Version : DocX Hex Search Engine updated...

DocX
07-24-2015, 02:26 PM
I've updated the contents of my search engine with the most recent game data. I've done some spot checks and everything looks good, but if anyone sees any issues, feel free to give me a yell and let me know.

The link is in my .signature, but to be explicit, the URL for the search engine is http://doc-x.net/hex/

Yoss
07-24-2015, 03:31 PM
Love your tools (linked in my sig :)). Could you please add your .txt file links somewhere on your base page?

DocX
07-24-2015, 04:07 PM
Love your tools (linked in my sig :)). Could you please add your .txt file links somewhere on your base page?

Good call. Just added a link to my 'prices' page. Lemme know if there's another file you're looking for that's not there (I know I've put a few out there from time to time and sometimes it's hard to keep track :-)

Yoss
07-24-2015, 11:50 PM
Could you add more filters?
PvE vs PvP
Packs vs Chests vs Wheels vs Loot

Do you have plans to add search for non-cards?

DocX
07-25-2015, 05:47 AM
PVE vs PVP can be done using the dropdown for set (though maybe it should be a selection box instead of a dropdown as it is now; will try to get that done soon-ish)
As far as the origin of the items, I don't think that information is straightforward to obtain from the game data (or, to be honest, if it's even in there at all). I'd think that's contained in the loot tables which aren't in the client.
If there are other filters, lemme know. Just to set expectations I don't see much happening between now and GenCon due to time constraints.

As far as adding non-cards, right now the database has cards, champions and equipment. Those are the items I plan on continuing to add/update as they have a direct effect on deck building (the original purpose of the search engine). I don't plan on adding sleeves in there since they're primarily cosmetic and don't have an in-game effect (and because they're primarily images and I don't know an easy way to get the images from the client or from something HexEnt has made available so there's significantly more work involved in that). If there's anything else you'd like added, let me know and we'll see what can be done.

Yoss
07-25-2015, 10:04 AM
So all PvE cards are under Frost Ring? Where are the Wheels and Chest PvE cards filed in your system? This has me confused.

I found the Equipment drop down item now, thanks. However, when I search for Type=Equipment and Set=Armies of Myth I get nothing back. Is the only way to search for Equipment in one giant pool? (For example, Sous Chef Slippers you have listed as ArenaEquipment, but it's not from Arena.)

I do not care for a sleeve search or even AA search. http://hexpromos.com/ has the fancy stuff.

EDIT:
The #1 thing I'm looking for is when new content comes out (like this Set 3 patch with chest opening), I want to be able to get a list of every new card and item that was added (in csv format, which is why I love your tools over tcgbrowser) so that I can have my checklist for collecting. When older stuff is mixed in, the list gets orders of magnitude less useful.

Thanks for all the hard work. I know you're doing this for free. :)

DocX
07-25-2015, 03:23 PM
So all PvE cards are under Frost Ring? Where are the Wheels and Chest PvE cards filed in your system? This has me confused.

I think I've categorized all PVE cards as PVE001, which would be Frost Ring. That's probably sloppy of me and founded on bad assumptions (wouldn't be the first time :-)

I found the Equipment drop down item now, thanks. However, when I search for Type=Equipment and Set=Armies of Myth I get nothing back. Is the only way to search for Equipment in one giant pool? (For example, Sous Chef Slippers you have listed as ArenaEquipment, but it's not from Arena.)

Same thing here. Looking specifically at the Equipment, there appears to be an m_EquipmentSet variable that correlates with the other sets. I'll get that updated soon. I'm guessing the same will be true of the PVE cards, but I'll need some time to verify.

The #1 thing I'm looking for is when new content comes out (like this Set 3 patch with chest opening), I want to be able to get a list of every new card and item that was added (in csv format, which is why I love your tools over tcgbrowser) so that I can have my checklist for collecting. When older stuff is mixed in, the list gets orders of magnitude less useful.

Thanks for all the hard work. I know you're doing this for free. :)

Two things.... 1) I love it when other people use the tools I make. If the tools could be more useful, it's a straightforward thing for me to do, and I've got the time I will absolutely do what I can to make it happen. 2) I make my tools public because it's just as easy for me to do that as to keep it all to myself. . . but I also include a link to my have-want list in case anyone wants to increase my number of haves and decrease my number of wants so while I'm not being mercenary about it, I'm not being entirely altruistic either ;-)

. . . and, after checking, I realize my have-want link was on the show_orange page but not on the search engine... corrected.

DocX
07-25-2015, 04:41 PM
I think I've categorized all PVE cards as PVE001, which would be Frost Ring. That's probably sloppy of me and founded on bad assumptions (wouldn't be the first time :-)

Same thing here. Looking specifically at the Equipment, there appears to be an m_EquipmentSet variable that correlates with the other sets. I'll get that updated soon. I'm guessing the same will be true of the PVE cards, but I'll need some time to verify.

So, looks like the equipment and PVE cards with identical set Guids can come from different locations. This is only called out in the DesignNotes field. The Set Guid seems to correlate with when the equipment was released, not necessarily the source (Set X Chest, Wheels of Fate, Arena reward, etc). So, I'm going to categorize things by release date... so any PVE cards that came out with this most recent patch will be set up as PVE003. As a consolation, I've done a list of all of the collectible cards from the various sources (chests, wheels, etc) based on the design notes and threw them onto my server. You can get that here: http://doc-x.net/hex/card_sources.txt

This list won't get updated since a) it was non-trivial to assemble and b) I'm hopeful going forward the mix and matching between sources and release sets won't happen (All PVE cards released with Set 004 will have the same Set Guid which will be different than the Set 004 PVP cards). If I get time to talk with Chris Woods at GenCon, I'll ask about the consistency of this going forward.

Yoss
07-25-2015, 04:54 PM
So it's an API limitation for now. Bummer.

DocX
07-25-2015, 06:57 PM
Not API per se, but where the data is kept. Loot tables are all server side (which is where I'd need to harvest this info from and that'd just be for stuff that drops in-game, not for any gear tied to codes acquired outside the game like the Exiled Bard AAs). One can piece it together, but it's all detective work.

Sorry, mate.