PDA

View Full Version : Clarifcations: Teen Titans

IzzyOtaku
07-25-2015, 10:05 PM
Some more rule/card clarification questions I had after some recent games with friends, any help is appreciated:

1) Trigon-His boss ability is "Stack Ongoing" rather than "First Appearance-Attack". And since he is a final boss I assume there is never a moment in which a player will ever own him to use against other players. So does his ability affect players every turn? And can it not be blocked by Defenses, since it isnt an attack?

2) Garfield Logan & Static-This could either be a really good combo use through loophole or Im missing something. Garfield Logan's Ongoing ability allows me to make the next card I play another declared type if I choose as well as theyre regular type. I play the Hero Static who is now whatever type suits me in this situation because of Garfield Logan's ability. Then I use Statics ability to discard an Ongoing card I control, in this case Garfield Logan, which allows me to use his effects. Is Static still a Hero/unnamed type this turn because of Garfield Logan's effect, or is it null since I made Garfield Logan leave the field?

3) Jaime Reyes-I use his Defense effect to stop an attack. In turn I can put him in play, but also that "If you do, play it during your next turn." Does this mean that the card will be played my turn as if I played it normally from my hand but also that even after this turn that he will remain on the field until my next? Or does he stay on the field until my turn rolls around THEN I can use him? Or does the "it" in "If you do, play it during your next turn" apply to the Attack I used this card to defend against?

4) Raven, Molecular Vibration & Connor Kent-Possibly another wondrous combo through loophole or something Im missing. So my Super Hero is Raven, I have Molecular Vibration on the field as an Ongoing card, and Connor Kent is one of the cards in my hand. I use Molecular Vibration to draw a card by discarding it, use Connor Kent to bring it back, play and use MV again, draw another card by discarding it again because of its effect, then because I have 2+ villains on the field use Raven's Super Hero ability to bring MV back once again and use its ability once again. Is this allowed? The card Molecular Vibration doesnt say once per turn so I assume so. Speaking of, if a card leaves the field and returns in the same turn but has a once per turn affect, is that still valid and I cannot use the effect again this turn or it refreshes?

aoineko
07-25-2015, 10:35 PM
1) Trigon's effect is not an Attack. It happens every turn and can't be defended against. You could theoretically draw Trigon after defeating during the last turn, but he won't do anything when you play him.

2) Garfield's effect will last until the end of the turn, even if he leaves play.

3) You will play Jaime during your next turn. He will then be put in your discard pile at the end of your turn with all the other cards you played that turn.

4) Looks like you found some synergy in the set. That combo works. Yes, you can use a "once per turn" effect on a card multiple times if you remove it from play and put it back into play.

IzzyOtaku
07-26-2015, 04:03 PM
1) Trigon's effect is not an Attack. It happens every turn and can't be defended against. You could theoretically draw Trigon after defeating during the last turn, but he won't do anything when you play him.

2) Garfield's effect will last until the end of the turn, even if he leaves play.

3) You will play Jaime during your next turn. He will then be put in your discard pile at the end of your turn with all the other cards you played that turn.

4) Looks like you found some synergy in the set. That combo works. Yes, you can use a "once per turn" effect on a card multiple times if you remove it from play and put it back into play.

Thanks for the response!! Really appreciate it.

1) Ah okay, I figured that was the case lol. Ive never seen anyone draw the Final Boss though lol I always thought the game ended after they were defeated.

2) Sweet!! Thanks.

3) Ah okay, thats what I figured.

4) Haha thanks, was hoping I stumbled upon something awesome.

IzzyOtaku
07-28-2015, 04:35 PM
Another clarificatio: Super Hero Beast Boy says "discard a card. if you do, put a non starter with that same type and cost of 6 or less from your discard pile into your hand." Basically starter cards aren't valid for this effect and the the card must be the same type correct? The wording is a little confusing

gerrymul
07-28-2015, 04:57 PM
You can discard a starter, but it doesn't let you grab anything. You really want to be able to buy the Garfield Logan hero card to exploit Beast Boy. Call a whatever card type you want to fetch from your discard pile and then discard a starter or weakness to fetch it.