PDA

View Full Version : Convocation. How will you get YOUR packs?

Harsgalt
07-27-2015, 04:01 AM
So convocation is coming up, how are people planning to get their packs? Draft/Constructed/Gauntlet/Arena?

I'll definitely do a gauntlet or two, but am expecting to get most of my packs from drops in the arena. Am hoping the drop rates are around 1 pack every 3-4 runs. Working that out based on time conversion: one gauntlet (2-3 hours), one arena run 50-60 mins. Also, a little bit biased as a dungeon crawler. Should I be hoping for a drop every 1-2 runs instead? :)

The question really is how small is 'small' in the chance department?

Khazrakh
07-27-2015, 04:29 AM
I'm not really sure what to you yet.
I'll do some tournaments anyway but I guess I'll start with some Arena runs and see how lucky I get with the drops.
If I get a good feeling I'll stick with Arena. If I don't see any drops in my first 2-3 runs I'm mostly going for tournaments.

Poetic
07-27-2015, 04:32 AM
I'm thinking draft, lots and lots of drafts.

Hadry
07-27-2015, 04:44 AM
I will do Arena,tho as im on vacation during it i wont be able to do many runs (limited internet sux !_!). I hope i can get atleast one mercenary during it.

Kardh
07-27-2015, 05:03 AM
I like drafting, so I think I'll draft :)

I would expect arena to drop fewer packs per hour than drafting will even with the DC bonus since you are not spending platina while doing it.

Flairina
07-27-2015, 05:08 AM
Given that I used up all my packs on draft and gauntlet this weekend- and went 0/10, with no dukes to show for it- probably arena.

Alamand
07-27-2015, 05:25 AM
I'll probably be doing as many drafts as I can force myself to and arena to cool down in between, having it so soon after release weekend won't make it easy since I'm already getting a little burned out on drafting so much, but we all do what we have to for angry clouds.

Also I'll admit I'll be just a little salty if dungeon crawlers get better convocation pack drops than the rest of us since they already have such a massive advantage, especially after the set 3 arena nerf. it'll just feel like getting kicked when you're down at that point.

Erukk
07-27-2015, 05:37 AM
I'll be switching in between Arena, draft, and gauntlet. My drafting skill are only average though, so I'm not holding much hope in getting the top spot in those. Hopefully i'll have a bit of more luck in gauntlet and Arena. :p

FoundInTheFlood
07-27-2015, 05:38 AM
What are convocations?

Erukk
07-27-2015, 05:39 AM
What are convocations?

It's an event.

https://www.hextcg.com/hex-update-the-convocation/

FoundInTheFlood
07-27-2015, 05:45 AM
Thnx.

Lukezors
07-27-2015, 09:32 AM
It depends if bonus chests come back to the arena before then? If not It'll probably be mostly proving grounds

Saeijou
07-27-2015, 09:46 AM
mostly gauntlet, draft and arena i guess :)

Svenn
07-27-2015, 09:59 AM
Alternating drafts and Arena probably. I took off work Friday and Monday so I could be playing more. :)

magic_gazz
07-27-2015, 10:18 AM
I hope they drop nowhere near that much in arena as if they do then people are better off playing arena than paying for PvP events.

Thand
07-27-2015, 11:39 AM
I'll be playing at Gen Con most of the day Thursday and Friday. :p

Zophie
07-27-2015, 11:43 AM
Sealed gauntlet and arena/proving grounds in between

Vorpal
07-27-2015, 11:45 AM
From the link cited:

Tournaments
Participation Prize – 2015 Convocation Pack
Tournament Winner – 2013/14 Convocation Pack
In the case of Gauntlet, all participants receive the 2015 Convocation Pack. 5-0 records receive the 2013/14 Convocation pack
Two-player queue is not included in this event

Sounds like gauntlet is a really bad way to try to get the 2013/2014 packs, which is a shame. You could rack up a 6-2 record in single elim and still get the packs.

How do they handle swiss?

Svenn
07-27-2015, 11:57 AM
From the link cited:

Sounds like gauntlet is a really bad way to try to get the 2013/2014 packs, which is a shame. You could rack up a 6-2 record in single elim and still get the packs.

I'm wondering if it's actually 5-0 or if it's just anyone with 5 wins. 5-0 is going to be real rough...

Vorpal
07-27-2015, 11:58 AM
Yeah, 5-0 is pretty ridiculous. I'm trying to think what %age of my comp draft wins are 6-0, never giving up a single game. Very, very, very few. You usually lose a couple games to shard screw, even with a good deck.

Zophie
07-27-2015, 12:01 PM
I'm wondering if it's actually 5-0 or if it's just anyone with 5 wins. 5-0 is going to be real rough...

Oh yeah just noticed it says 5-0... if that's the case then count me out of that. I'll just grind arena and proving grounds I guess and hope I get lucky. Shame too because I really enjoy sealed gauntlet but 5-0 is asking a lot.

nicosharp
07-27-2015, 12:02 PM
Depending on the drop rate, and how broken the arena remains.. likely the arena...
It seems that, despite how boring grinding it 500+ runs has become, the arena has both screwed up the AI, yet became faster at the same-time to fly through turns. With a fast tuned deck and use of hotkeys, I think sub 30minute runs are quite possible.

Xexist
07-27-2015, 12:07 PM
Oh yeah just noticed it says 5-0... if that's the case then count me out of that. I'll just grind arena and proving grounds I guess and hope I get lucky. Shame too because I really enjoy sealed gauntlet but 5-0 is asking a lot.

they said 5-0 for the AA's as well didnt they? (not sure 100%) and that turned out to be 5-X

Zophie
07-27-2015, 12:13 PM
they said 5-0 for the AA's as well didnt they? (not sure 100%) and that turned out to be 5-X

No they just said 5 wins for that:

To win the Duplicitous Duke AA, you can meet one of the following criteria:
Gauntlet: Get 5 Wins in a single Sealed Gauntlet Run (you must finish a Gauntlet run during the event).

Mahes
07-27-2015, 12:22 PM
Given that I used up all my packs on draft and gauntlet this weekend- and went 0/10, with no dukes to show for it- probably arena.

You are not alone. I have gotten to a point where I realize I am just not good enough to compete in the limited formats but perhaps I might do better playing other people's decks. I believe my weakness is a lot more in construction of a deck than play, though I am certainly not some grandmaster in play either.

Ertzi
07-27-2015, 12:25 PM
Alternating drafts and Arena probably. I took off work Friday and Monday so I could be playing more. :)

Great minds... I did exactly the same. This time it's normal paid vacation though :D

And I am definitely going draft crazy. I won't even be mad if I lose, as that is just quicker farming of the 2015 packs when I jump straight into the next one ^_^. I guess I will test the frequency of Convo drops in Arena as well though. Going 3-0 in draft seems like the most probable way to get the 2013/14 packs, even though I am not a super skilled drafter. 5-0 in Gauntlet feels close to impossible to me.

Yoss
07-27-2015, 12:56 PM
I'll admit I'll be just a little salty if dungeon crawlers get better convocation pack drops than the rest of us since they already have such a massive advantage, especially after the set 3 arena nerf. it'll just feel like getting kicked when you're down at that point.
You mean HXE shouldn't give KS players what they paid for?

5-0 in Gauntlet feels close to impossible to me.
Yeah, I hope that's a typo. If it's 5-0 then Arena and Draft are much better options.

Showsni
07-27-2015, 01:11 PM
Only 3.1% of people who enter sealed gauntlet will go 5-0 to win a pack (as opposed to 22.7% of people who finish on 5 wins). Compare this to draft, where 12.5% of people who enter will win the draft and get a pack. I can see having 5 wins might give away too many packs (almost twice as many as a draft), but 5-0 seems way too low (drafts give away over four times as many packs as gauntlets).

Motjida
07-27-2015, 02:07 PM
Anyone know if Convocation packs will be tradeable on the AH/Trade channel?

thegreybetween
07-27-2015, 02:10 PM
They are probably tradeable (though I'm not 100% sure). I don't really see why you would trade them, though. You only get a single item per ConPack, so opening them and listing the loot directly would be the better way to go. About the only benefit to listing the packs directly would be to gamble on a price that splits the difference between the cheap loot and the good loot, and most buyers probably wouldn't bother with that gamble when they could go grab packs of their own.

Motjida
07-27-2015, 02:24 PM
not everyone can go grab packs of their own though.

Some of us are on holidays while CZE tries to cram as many events into as short a timeframe as possible (yeah CZE, I'm talking to you.... grumble grumble). While buying the items directly would make sense, I do think the prices will wary wildly on the items and so packs may be a popular gamble. Particularly 2013/2014 packs

ksetrat
07-27-2015, 02:27 PM
sleeves are BoA, so, being able to sell the packs on AH/trade would be a gamble, but for someone like me who wants the sleeves and won't be able to devote much time to the game, that is a viable option.

Motjida
07-27-2015, 02:27 PM
deleted

Svenn
07-27-2015, 02:30 PM
sleeves are BoA, so, being able to sell the packs on AH/trade would be a gamble, but for someone like me who wants the sleeves and won't be able to devote much time to the game, that is a viable option.

Sleeves are not in the packs. You have to actually attend GenCon for them.

sukebe
07-27-2015, 02:38 PM

There are no sleeves in these packs however...

Zophie
07-27-2015, 02:58 PM
Can you trade mercs yet? There are some mercs in the 13/14 packs.

Yoss
07-27-2015, 02:58 PM
Only 3.1% of people who enter sealed gauntlet will go 5-0 to win a pack (as opposed to 22.7% of people who finish on 5 wins). Compare this to draft, where 12.5% of people who enter will win the draft and get a pack. I can see having 5 wins might give away too many packs (almost twice as many as a draft), but 5-0 seems way too low (drafts give away over four times as many packs as gauntlets).

I would think the 22.7% number would be just fine. Gauntlet chews up plat and packs at more than twice the rate of Draft (it's twice the consumption per cycle and each cycle is also faster), so it seems like HXE would prefer players to grind there from a profit point of view. At the very least they could make it 5-1 (11% of players).

Note that this math assumes their Gauntlet matchmaker is matching people with similar records. There are indications that it is not working that way. If 4-0 players can match up with players who have lost games, then it skews things.

Yoss
07-27-2015, 02:59 PM
Can you trade mercs yet? There are some mercs in the 13/14 packs.

AH has had mercs for sale for a long time.

Zophie
07-27-2015, 03:01 PM
AH has had mercs for sale for a long time.

Ahh okay, strike that then. I wasn't sure cuz I've never tried selling mine and haven't thought to try buying one yet. Thanks :)

vulture27
07-27-2015, 04:54 PM
Note that this math assumes their Gauntlet matchmaker is matching people with similar records. There are indications that it is not working that way. If 4-0 players can match up with players who have lost games, then it skews things.

The system is either quick to move on from a perfect match and find anyone available; or it flat out does not work that way.

I had one game against Havoc at 4-2 while I was at 2-0. Several other games at peak hours where I was up or down a win from my opponent.

szimek
07-27-2015, 09:45 PM
I'll probably do a few drafts, but mostly i'll do arena (can't afford too much drafts). I really hope the chance to get convo packs from arena won't be too low. As far as i know, there is no official drop rate, only "small chance" - and that can mean anything, from Uru chance, to PvE card chance. I hope it's the latter. I'm guessing we will find out after first few runs.

Vorsa
07-27-2015, 11:53 PM
Arena for me.

Gen91
07-27-2015, 11:56 PM
Drafting and Arena in the downtime while waiting for opponents.

velk
07-28-2015, 12:04 AM
I hope they drop nowhere near that much in arena as if they do then people are better off playing arena than paying for PvP events.

It's not supposed to be a cash grab - if it was, they'd just have the convocation items come from opening packs.

ShadowRealm
07-28-2015, 06:00 AM
Drafts and Arena alternatively here. Hope the Dungeon Crawler bonus helps, and that I can meet Uruunaz again in the process ;)

Lafoote
07-28-2015, 12:37 PM
I think it will be mostly Arena for me as well.

Does anyone think 10 individual cards might be a few too many for the 2015 pack? That's 22 total packs you would need if you lucked into exactly a full set. After seeing the distribution from chests I'm mildly concerned we're all going to be overrun with equipment for cards nobody actually has.

Thrawn
07-28-2015, 12:41 PM

Does anyone think 10 individual cards might be a few too many for the 2015 pack? That's 22 total packs you would need if you lucked into exactly a full set. After seeing the distribution from chests I'm mildly concerned we're all going to be overrun with equipment for cards nobody actually has.

Well, we have no idea of drop rates either. For all we know you get roughly one 2015 pack every 50 arena clears and one 2013-14 pack every 1,000 arena clears with worse chances in the Proving Grounds. Would take a lot of time to get all 10 cards.

Vorpal
07-28-2015, 02:37 PM
It's really important to find out if gauntlet 5 wins gets you 2013/2014 pack, or if you need a perfect record.

I was planning to plow thousands of plat and lots of time into gauntlet, but if I have to get a perfect record, that is not happening. I'll just run arena instead and hope to get lucky.

Audens
07-28-2015, 03:06 PM
It's really important to find out if gauntlet 5 wins gets you 2013/2014 pack, or if you need a perfect record.

I was planning to plow thousands of plat and lots of time into gauntlet, but if I have to get a perfect record, that is not happening. I'll just run arena instead and hope to get lucky.

Out of curiosity, why arena over drafts?

ksetrat
07-28-2015, 03:12 PM
dunno why i thought there was some kind of alternate sleeve that was in the packs for those who were not there... ah well.

hopeful to get a few rounds of stuff in, just lacking in plat and my car is in the shop, so i have to be an adult... at least i can make my pillow fort and eat cereal out of the box while play this weekend in whatever i can afford to do.

magic_gazz
07-28-2015, 03:14 PM

Seems fine, there are some people who will do a LOT of draft and Gauntlet. 2015 packs will be pretty common.

The 13/14 ones will be the ones worth a lot. I have a couple of days to get my draft skills up.

Audens
07-28-2015, 03:19 PM
Have we received official word on whether gauntlets started before the event, but finished during it, will receive convocation packs? The indication before the release celebration was that the answer was "no," but it turned out to be "yes," I believe.

dogmod
07-28-2015, 03:30 PM
Also wondering if the whole 5-0 thing will hold up. Currently prizes in gauntlet do not seem set up to differentiate based on losses. Wondering if that is something they will have put in or not.

Makizushi
07-28-2015, 09:37 PM
one arena run 50-60 mins.
Nico even mentioned 30 minute runs.

What the heck?! How are you guys managing to do that?! My T1+T2 take me forty minutes easily, let alone retries on Eternal Guardian / King Gabriel / Eurich / etc.

regomar
07-28-2015, 09:40 PM

What the heck?! How are you guys managing to do that?! My T1+T2 take me forty minutes easily, let alone retries on Eternal Guardian / King Gabriel / Eurich / etc.

Yeah, my dwarf aggro deck takes 60-70 minutes easily unless I'm really pushing myself, and it's worse now due to the robes nerf. Anything less than 40 minutes is quite unusual as far as I've been able to tell by playing, watching streams, and other videos. I mean, it can be done, but it's the exception rather than the rule.

Harsgalt
07-28-2015, 10:21 PM
How consistent are the 30 min runs though? I thought those speedruns were built for the 'best-case' scenario?
I'd rather a slower deck, that can consistently perfect arena, than getting that perfect run in 30 mins only 1 out of 4 times.

Makizushi
07-28-2015, 10:47 PM
Yeah, my dwarf aggro deck takes 60-70 minutes easily unless I'm really pushing myself
Oh that 40 minutes was only for tiers one and two. Three and four easily add one to two hours for me. I guess I'm really slow? If I'm lucky I can clear an arena run in one evening.

velk
07-28-2015, 11:02 PM

That is totally going to happen. A week after convocation there will be 500,000 copies of both storm of the century equipment on the AH for 5 gold each and 2 storm of the century for 6000 plat each.

Showsni
07-28-2015, 11:02 PM
Back before Xocoy nerf, I'd get 26 minutes fairly consistently, and around 20 minutes at the best. You don't want to actually play tier one if you're farming, you know. That was using the Jags + Cabalist + Brutal Commander + Xocoy deck.

ShadowRealm
07-29-2015, 01:38 AM
Getting pretty good, fast and solid results with this deck, even after Xocoy nerf. This is my Arena farming deck at the moment :)

Mejis
07-29-2015, 02:40 AM

My best results have been an at best of 1.5 to 2mins per game in Arena, from the coin flip starting to the winning screen appearing. But that was pre patch. Xocoy nerf has certainly slowed that slightly. I'm still debating what deck might be best for this weekend. I guess it depends if perfect runs are important or not.

Edit : words. Also some matches take longer, numbers above are best case.

Hawke
07-29-2015, 03:06 AM
Gauntlet definitely not if its 5-0. Drafting most of time and some Arena. Still need that rare boss kill.

Lafoote
07-29-2015, 04:34 AM
Back before Xocoy nerf, I'd get 26 minutes fairly consistently, and around 20 minutes at the best. You don't want to actually play tier one if you're farming, you know. That was using the Jags + Cabalist + Brutal Commander + Xocoy deck.

You don't want to play T1 if you're farming for GOLD. If you're after convocation packs, the extra 7 minutes it takes to bust out T1 means an extra pack opportunity.

lordjuzam
07-29-2015, 04:35 AM

I completely agree that the number for gauntlet ought to be changed. 5 - 0 is ridiculous in comparison to draft with 4 to 1 odds. Yes it's quicker, but the entry cost is a lot higher (which is great for HEXent). So this should be rewarded, not "punished". I would do the same as release celebration (any 5 wins record), this is the most obvious.

5 -1 is statistically the fairest, but I think 5 - 0 and 5 - 1 feel kind of wrong to less informed players. If you have 5 wins (regardless of number of losses) you have "won" and I feel it would leave those players frustrated not realizing when they get the special prize and when not. The news topic specifically about the convocation event isn't even on the main page of hex anymore.

Ertzi
07-29-2015, 04:53 AM
I have 19 free draft tickets ready for Convocation. I have been saving some of them for over a year for just this kind of event. I did not even want to use them for the Dukes. 2013/14 Convocation packs will be so valuable however that now the time has come. I have taken time off from work for this and I am going to draft 4 days straight. I do not even care if I lose every single one of them, because I am totally going to build my collection as well, so I will not be building the best possible deck too often. Worst case scenario for me is 3 free packs and a 2015 Convo pack for every one of them. Diggin' it.

"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses."
"Hit it."

Hell yeah! Let's do this shit. (just do NOT cancel or move Convocation now no matter what, HexEnt)

Warrender
07-29-2015, 05:06 AM
Hell yeah! Let's do this shit. (just do NOT cancel or move Convocation now no matter what, HexEnt)

LOL. That would mean canceling or moving Gencon - which I don't think even HexEnt has the power to do. Which is why I considered it a safe bet to take time off during that week.

Makizushi
07-29-2015, 05:11 AM
My best results have been an at best of 1.5 to 2mins per game in Arena, from the coin flip starting to the winning screen appearing.

Pardon my french, but: holy sh**.

Mejis
07-29-2015, 05:34 AM
Pardon my french, but: holy sh**.

Yeah the run that I timed per game I got super lucky with draws. Plus on two of the bosses I was able to win on turn 2 (having the +1 resource bonus and 2 crimson clarity in hand).

Having said all that, the client is even faster now and the arena turns fly by when using F10, so who knows, maybe it can be faster.
Regardless, I'd much rather be playing new, fun and inventive decks, but I would like to be boosting my chances for convocation packs this weekend as much as possible.

Vorpal
07-29-2015, 06:14 AM
Out of curiosity, why arena over drafts?

Time issue. Gauntlet and Arena are bite size chunks, draft takes 4 hours straight.

Svenn
07-29-2015, 06:23 AM
Time issue. Gauntlet and Arena are bite size chunks, draft takes 4 hours straight.

Draft only takes 4 hours if you're doing swiss. Most of my competitive drafts are only 2 hours.

Eetabee
07-29-2015, 06:27 AM
Draft only takes 4 hours if you're doing swiss. Most of my competitive drafts are only 2 hours.

You are lucky. I had several last weekend where every pick went down to the last second, then deck building took the full time, then at least one match is usually between slow people. It gave me time to get house work done, but when trying to grind out as many drafts as possible it kinda sucked.

Vorpal
07-29-2015, 06:28 AM

Well, during a high stakes event, most of my competitive drafts only take about one hour because I get knocked out in the first round :D

But if I am leaving in 3 hours, I cannot start a draft. If I had 9 hours of time, yes, I could probably fit in more than 2 drafts.

Speaking of swiss, there doesn't seem to be any reason to do swiss for this event - you need 3 wins there to get the 2013/14 pack, I assume, and single elim takes less time.

Ertzi
07-29-2015, 06:29 AM
EDIT -> Ninja'd. This was an answer to Svenn's post.

And way less if you lose in the first round, but you still get a guaranteed Convo pack. Still, have to do some testing how often they drop in Arena. My guess is way less frequently than anyone here estimates. I fully expect to go 7 - 8 runs without a single Convo pack. I really hope I'm wrong though.

Lyckan
07-29-2015, 07:19 AM
I will try to get mine through sealed gauntlet because it feels quite fast. When reflecting on this whole thread I start to think that I would have wanted it to be different rewards from different actions. i.e. Getting pve cards/mercenaries/gear from arena and AAs from pvp. That would in part be more targeted to different value on the pay to get and the grind to get and it would further develop the trading incentive between pve players and pvp players.

Poetic
07-29-2015, 07:28 AM
True, I already fear getting mono equipment from my packs when I just want Storm Clouds heh

madar
07-29-2015, 07:40 AM
You don't want to play T1 if you're farming for GOLD. If you're after convocation packs, the extra 7 minutes it takes to bust out T1 means an extra pack opportunity.

Well, it's depend on the tier droprates... If every tier drop convocation packs with same %, then farm T1 endlessly? If higher tier have higher drop rate, maybe skip T1?

can't tell

Vorpal
07-29-2015, 07:56 AM
If only farm T1 you know this is the weekend Urunaaz will decide to show up for you :D

MuffLord4
07-29-2015, 08:39 AM
Gonna farm arena with this deck

http://hex.tcgbrowser.com/#!/deck=26060

ksetrat
07-29-2015, 08:57 AM
Interesting deck there MuffLord4. May have to give that one a go if i can get another brutal commander.
Don't remember my deck exactly, but it has the red elemental (gain a charge when it deals damage to opponent), arena charge poker, psycho anarchist, kindling scarn, and the troll that gives crush +1/+1 and one shot to give someone crush.
Very consistent 9/1, been able to pull off 10/0 a few times. still missing that elusive dragon though.

MuffLord4
07-29-2015, 09:03 AM
It's just a f2p deck basically meant for running down the arena as fast as possible, not neccesarily consistent. It's not meant for perfect runs it's meant for goldfarming.

Xexist
07-29-2015, 09:47 AM
Interesting deck there MuffLord4. May have to give that one a go if i can get another brutal commander.
Don't remember my deck exactly, but it has the red elemental (gain a charge when it deals damage to opponent), arena charge poker, psycho anarchist, kindling scarn, and the troll that gives crush +1/+1 and one shot to give someone crush.
Very consistent 9/1, been able to pull off 10/0 a few times. still missing that elusive dragon though.

I think I have a brutal commander if you have anything we can trade for

LeMazing
07-29-2015, 09:48 AM
Hey, a version of Orc Aggro that I actually have everything for! Might give yours a shot soon.

I'm just planning to alternate between Sealed Gauntlet and Arena (I've got two Arena decks that can clear consistently and perfect occasionally, but I don't know which is faster yet).

Khazrakh
07-29-2015, 09:58 AM
How consistent are the 30 min runs though? I thought those speedruns were built for the 'best-case' scenario?
I'd rather a slower deck, that can consistently perfect arena, than getting that perfect run in 30 mins only 1 out of 4 times.

Took the time for my first run today.
I cleared the arena 15-0 in 37,5 minutes with the dwarven aggro deck which has consistency written all over it...
Lost some time to Cory going a little insane and made some misplays that did cost me another round before I could finish off my opponent so I'd say 30 minutes are absolutely possible if you really push for it.
40 minutes on average seems to be more realistic and more enjoyable though.

Showsni
07-29-2015, 11:37 AM

If Convocation Packs have a decent chance of dropping in tier one, you're probably better off just doing tier one. It takes, what, 4-6 minutes?

Harsgalt
07-29-2015, 06:32 PM
Not all the loot tables have even chance of dropping though right? Higher tier loot tables have better chance to drop rarer loot?

Xexist
07-29-2015, 06:45 PM
Not all the loot tables have even chance of dropping though right? Higher tier loot tables have better chance to drop rarer loot?

Noone knows, and we might never know.

Hieronymous
07-29-2015, 06:46 PM
If Convocation Packs have a decent chance of dropping in tier one, you're probably better off just doing tier one. It takes, what, 4-6 minutes?

I suspect that convocation packs will show up with a similarity comparable to Uruunaaz. If they're easy to get in PvE people won't be grinding tournaments as much, and grinding tournaments means spending $$$.

Daer
07-29-2015, 07:08 PM
I don't think they will be as rare as Urunaaz, if they are that is a gigantic fail. But I think people who are thinking of getting one or more per run are in dreamland. I'm expecting 1 pack every 4 or 5 runs.

Hieronymous
07-29-2015, 07:25 PM
I don't think they will be as rare as Urunaaz, if they are that is a gigantic fail. But I think people who are thinking of getting one or more per run are in dreamland. I'm expecting 1 pack every 4 or 5 runs.

Even then, if you consider that a speed-run deck can do Arena in a half hour, you'd have people earning packs faster by grinding Arena than by paying to enter competitive draft tournaments.

I could be wrong but if a week from now I hear people complaining about how they ground Arena all weekend and only got one or two packs, I won't exactly be surprised. Historically, when the Hex team has said "small chance", that typically means a 1-3% chance -- 'small chance" to get a primal pack when a normal pack is generated, "small chance" to see Uruunaaz on a run, etc.. Here there's a "small chance" to get a convocation pack from PvE.

Xexist
07-29-2015, 07:31 PM
Even then, if you consider that a speed-run deck can do Arena in a half hour, you'd have people earning packs faster by grinding Arena than by paying to enter competitive draft tournaments.

I could be wrong but if a week from now I hear people complaining about how they ground Arena all weekend and only got one or two packs, I won't exactly be surprised. Historically, when the Hex team has said "small chance", that typically means a 1-3% chance -- 'small chance" to get a primal pack when a normal pack is generated, "small chance" to see Uruunaaz on a run, etc.. Here there's a "small chance" to get a convocation pack from PvE.

Yeah, but consider all the free players (or even limited budget players) who are doing full arena runs in an hour, or two. Or cant even do a full run.

Its a tough call, hopefully they dont make them too rare (and at the same time shouldnt drop like candy)

Makizushi
07-29-2015, 08:39 PM
Took the time for my first run today.
I cleared the arena 15-0 in 37,5 minutes with the dwarven aggro deck which has consistency written all over it...
Lost some time to Cory going a little insane and made some misplays that did cost me another round before I could finish off my opponent so I'd say 30 minutes are absolutely possible if you really push for it.
40 minutes on average seems to be more realistic and more enjoyable though.
Saaayy, you wouldn't be willing to share that decklist would you?

Despite being a long-time Hex player I'm an unapologetic netdecker as it's a great way for me to learn from other people's experiences.

Khazrakh
07-29-2015, 10:02 PM
Saaayy, you wouldn't be willing to share that decklist would you?

Despite being a long-time Hex player I'm an unapologetic netdecker as it's a great way for me to learn from other people's experiences.

Sure - it's no secret ;)

Champion: Bertram Cragraven
9 Sapphire Shard
9 Ruby Shard
3 Hex Geode
4 Charge Bot
4 War Machinist
4 Gearsmith
4 Construction Plans: Hornet Bot
4 Electroid
4 Mimebot
4 Construct Foreman
4 Construction Plans: War Hulk
4 Pterobot
3 Tectonic Megahulk

Equipment:
Hulk Helm
Tinkerer's Robe
Voltaic Handguards

iSimeon
07-29-2015, 11:53 PM
Sure - it's no secret ;)

Champion: Bertram Cragraven
9 Sapphire Shard
9 Ruby Shard
3 Hex Geode
4 Charge Bot
4 War Machinist
4 Gearsmith
4 Construction Plans: Hornet Bot
4 Electroid
4 Mimebot
4 Construct Foreman
4 Construction Plans: War Hulk
4 Pterobot
3 Tectonic Megahulk

Equipment:
Hulk Helm
Tinkerer's Robe
Voltaic Handguards

Anything to replace Tetonic Megahulk? :D

Khazrakh
07-30-2015, 12:13 AM
Anything to replace Tetonic Megahulk? :D

Tectonic Megahulk is not really needed, he is a strong finisher and very helpful against decks with a board wipe but most games will be won before he even surfaces.
VB1311 would be a fine and easy to get replacement.

Makizushi
07-30-2015, 01:38 AM
thanks mate!

GhundiPI
07-30-2015, 02:59 AM

I would love to know the overall average time on Arena runs, as I doubt that even a small percentage of 15-0 (otherwise the amount of chests will be abysmal) Arena runs are done in half an hour. Still, it is free content and as such should not be awarded as paid content. But a 1-3% chance would be overly harsh I think. That would mean that quite a large group of players have practically no chance of seeing any kind of convocation reward. While people running the Gauntlet (and yes, they will have to pay for it of course), can do those in about an hour and are guaranteed a 2015 pack for participation with a small chance of the 2013/14 pack. While selling the cards gained in the Gauntlet and any extra convocation rewards will probably pay for those Gauntlet runs anyway.

So personally I hope the rate is set at something reasonable (somewhere between the 8-12%). Yes, that will mean that some with too much time on their hands will be able to get a decent amount of convocation rewards from the Arena. But at least the event will still be fun for others as well.

Lafoote
07-30-2015, 06:06 AM
So personally I hope the rate is set at something reasonable (somewhere between the 8-12%). Yes, that will mean that some with too much time on their hands will be able to get a decent amount of convocation rewards from the Arena. But at least the event will still be fun for others as well.

Amen.

Xenavire
07-30-2015, 06:12 AM
Honestly, I hope its between 5-10% for the 2015 packs, at the least, since even if you go 20-0 with full bonus rolls (which currently are bugged :() you would only get 12 pieces of loot, which would give you ~1-2 convo packs per 1-2 runs (average.)

With bugged bonus rolls, it is closer to 8 pieces of loot, which makes it 1-2 convo packs per 2-3 runs, ish.

Thats already fairly low, considering only a small amount of people can realistically clear 15/20-0 in under an hour.

I can't figure out a fair rate on the 13/14 convo packs though, but I hope they are not too exclusionary.

Flairina
07-30-2015, 06:20 AM
Agreed with above- 2015 packs should probably show up at least once every run on average, assuming a full 20 run with perfects and bonuses every time. With bonus bugged and Hogarth now taking strikes away instead of giving perfect bonus if you had a strike from a previous tier, this is already hard enough and I don't think it needs to be increased with ridiculously low drop rates. My guess for the other pack is that it will drop about as often as Uruu appears, which is to say, never.

Xenavire
07-30-2015, 06:24 AM
About Hogarth - he always took strikes away instead of giving bonuses if you had strikes, no matter what tier you got the strikes/bonuses.

Having an extra retry is usually better for most players than having a bonus vs one specific encounter.

israel.kendall
07-30-2015, 06:44 AM
If they are once per run on average then screw playing limited, I'll just grind arena. And I hate arena, never play it really. Why spend hours in a draft for a pack when I can get one in under an hour in arena?

Flairina
07-30-2015, 06:48 AM
About Hogarth - he always took strikes away instead of giving bonuses if you had strikes, no matter what tier you got the strikes/bonuses.

Having an extra retry is usually better for most players than having a bonus vs one specific encounter.

I mean for getting a perfect run within a tier itself, not for completing his random challenges. I find it very hard to believe I never encountered that situation before if it isn't a new thing they just introduced. If you did indeed know what I meant then wow, how has that never happened to me before? I don't even know how many arena runs I'm at but it's more than enough to run in to that many, many times.

Thrawn
07-30-2015, 06:49 AM
If they are once per run on average then screw playing limited, I'll just grind arena. And I hate arena, never play it really. Why spend hours in a draft for a pack when I can get one in under an hour in arena?

Everything here is pure speculation anyways. It could be an average of one 2015 pack every arena run, it could be an average one one every 10 runs. I would assume the 2013/14 will be much lower and probably easier to get from drafts. I doubt very much that on things this exclusive Hex would screw up the chances so badly as to make grinding the free to play portion of the game so much more appealing to spending platinum and packs to play tournaments.

israel.kendall
07-30-2015, 06:54 AM
Yeah I understand it's all speculation, but just sayin.

ryuukan
07-30-2015, 06:56 AM
Everything here is pure speculation anyways. It could be an average of one 2015 pack every arena run, it could be an average one one every 10 runs. I would assume the 2013/14 will be much lower and probably easier to get from drafts. I doubt very much that one things this exclusive Hex would screw up the chances so badly as to make grinding the free to play portion of the game so much more appealing to spending platinum and packs to play tournaments.

agree

thats probably why they turned off the bonus chests and pretended its a bug

Xenavire
07-30-2015, 07:18 AM
I mean for getting a perfect run within a tier itself, not for completing his random challenges. I find it very hard to believe I never encountered that situation before if it isn't a new thing they just introduced. If you did indeed know what I meant then wow, how has that never happened to me before? I don't even know how many arena runs I'm at but it's more than enough to run in to that many, many times.

Yes, getting a perfect run also takes off a strike. It is fairly rare to run into, since you would need to have multiple losses in order to still have strikes left after beating the challenge in the next tier (meaning you would have to finish a given tier with 2 strikes, and then perfect the next.)

I have done literally hundreds of runs, and this has onky happened to me a small handful of times.

madar
07-30-2015, 07:20 AM
The event start in 2 hours 45 minutes? I am always confused a bit because the time zone conversions.

Poetic
07-30-2015, 07:21 AM
Yeah, sounds right going by the PDT time they posted.

Vorpal
07-30-2015, 09:33 AM

I want Datadragon to post the average arena clear time.

I am betting it is not 30 minutes.

Xexist
07-30-2015, 09:42 AM
Agreed with above- 2015 packs should probably show up at least once every run on average, assuming a full 20 run with perfects and bonuses every time. With bonus bugged and Hogarth now taking strikes away instead of giving perfect bonus if you had a strike from a previous tier, this is already hard enough and I don't think it needs to be increased with ridiculously low drop rates. My guess for the other pack is that it will drop about as often as Uruu appears, which is to say, never.

If they give them out that rarely, why even give them at all. Making them that rare will be a slap in the face to the average user because lets face it, some people dont have the skill (or money) to play and win drafts and gauntlets.

Xenavire
07-30-2015, 09:47 AM
I want Datadragon to post the average arena clear time.

I am betting it is not 30 minutes.

I would estimate the global average for 3 tiers is over an hour, maybe even close to 2. Especially since you can't always perfect.

Thrawn
07-30-2015, 09:50 AM
If they give them out that rarely, why even give them at all. Making them that rare will be a slap in the face to the average user because lets face it, some people dont have the skill (or money) to play and win drafts and gauntlets.

That's assuming that it's intended for everyone to be able to easily obtain them. You couldn't get AA Dukes or VIP AA cards last weekend without winning tournament rounds.

A drop rate similar to Uruu for 2013/14 packs wouldn't surprise me at all.

Lafoote
07-30-2015, 09:51 AM
Everything here is pure speculation anyways. It could be an average of one 2015 pack every arena run, it could be an average one one every 10 runs. I would assume the 2013/14 will be much lower and probably easier to get from drafts. I doubt very much that on things this exclusive Hex would screw up the chances so badly as to make grinding the free to play portion of the game so much more appealing to spending platinum and packs to play tournaments.

"Easier to get from drafts" indicates some skill level at drafting. Not all of us are any good at, nor necessarily even enjoy drafting. That should not be an automatic disqualifier for earning 2013/14 packs. They have to make appearances with some reliability in Arena or only drafters will have them.

Xexist
07-30-2015, 09:54 AM
That's assuming that it's intended for everyone to be able to easily obtain them. You couldn't get AA Dukes or VIP AA cards last weekend without winning tournament rounds.

A drop rate similar to Uruu for 2013/14 packs wouldn't surprise me at all.

It doesnt have to be easy, but there should be a *reasonable* chance. I could grind Arena all day every day for Uruunaz and never see him. THAT is unreasonable (In my opinion) for these packs.

ksetrat
07-30-2015, 09:54 AM
Ah, very cool. I'm happy with the deck i have, i just wish i had something else that was almost as consistent as i get tired of seeing red all day long. =P
would love some kind of white/blue rush that i can get a consistent turn 4 kill out of, but, that comes after the weekend.

Poetic
07-30-2015, 10:13 AM
So is the event live? Hasn't been any announcements. Stuck at work and curious.

Xenavire
07-30-2015, 10:16 AM
So is the event live? Hasn't been any announcements. Stuck at work and curious.

Yeah, its live now.

Graydeath
07-30-2015, 10:39 AM
First arena run, first boss 1 2015 pack!!!

madar
07-30-2015, 10:40 AM
Uhm-humm, i got my first pack after the first tier1 clean already. Yay!

http://turullegion.org/pict/hex/loot.JPG

Ertzi
07-30-2015, 10:41 AM
Wtf? So we should definitely grind Arena then? Please keep updating the drop rate here, people, as I need to sleep soon, but I want to know what to grind tomorrow.

Assassine
07-30-2015, 10:46 AM
wasnt it stated that the packs in arena were affected by dc bonus? now it looks like theyre not

stiii
07-30-2015, 10:47 AM
From the link cited:

As I don't think this was answered 5-1 still got me a 2014/13 pack so you don't need to go 5-0

dogmod
07-30-2015, 10:51 AM
As I don't think this was answered 5-1 still got me a 2014/13 pack so you don't need to go 5-0

Same as with celebration weekend. They didn't put in ways to manage things other than finishing time and total wins for gauntlet prizes at this time. Glad I prepped some 4-x s ;o

Vorpal
07-30-2015, 10:52 AM

Thanks for the update. This was the single biggest most important piece of information we were missing, IMO.

ryuukan
07-30-2015, 10:53 AM
wasnt it stated that the packs in arena were affected by dc bonus? now it looks like theyre not

I'm sure we'll get a clarification a few weeks after this event is over

LeMazing
07-30-2015, 10:55 AM
I'm sure we'll get a clarification a few weeks after this event is over Smiled at this.

Grats to those who've gotten Arena packs! I'm excited that you can see what you get right after each boss. But that also means that those who saved runs (didn't finish the final boss) won't have any benefit of quick packs. :P

ksetrat
07-30-2015, 10:57 AM
I think I have a brutal commander if you have anything we can trade for

I intend on doing a lot of arena, and with the dwarven deck posted below, i want to give that one a shot. I've been running ruby in arena since i managed to pull together something that works. But, i do have a pretty large tradelist (that will grow tonight as i opened 54 set 1 packs and 55 set 2 packs the other night, but couldn't get the API to load in all the phat lewtz), its in my sig. check it probably tomorrow morning. but, yea, i just dealt with a massive car repair, so all my funding that was going to to go drafting this weekend has been obliterated.

nicosharp
07-30-2015, 11:02 AM

The way they proc definitely would make one think that DC has no bonus chance.

Xexist
07-30-2015, 11:04 AM
I intend on doing a lot of arena, and with the dwarven deck posted below, i want to give that one a shot. I've been running ruby in arena since i managed to pull together something that works. But, i do have a pretty large tradelist (that will grow tonight as i opened 54 set 1 packs and 55 set 2 packs the other night, but couldn't get the API to load in all the phat lewtz), its in my sig. check it probably tomorrow morning. but, yea, i just dealt with a massive car repair, so all my funding that was going to to go drafting this weekend has been obliterated.

Asimov. Add me in game and send me a mail.

Khendral
07-30-2015, 11:05 AM
Shattaq said in the Convocation update that DC affects arena drops for convocation packs. It makes sense too, since you roll the loot tables twice and the packs are in the loot tables.

madar
07-30-2015, 11:06 AM
I think the DC have bonus chance, but will see only for sure when the first pack popping as "DC bonus". Because on the linked screenshot should be 2 chest and 2 bonus chest by DC. But one of the normal chest is pack. Yes, the DC didn't copy the pack, but got a bonus chest instead. So i imagine the following: you get normal loot, doubled by DC bonus, then roll on all chest if transformed into a pack or not.

(also the second tier clean gave a pack, but a 2015 one)

Vorpal
07-30-2015, 11:06 AM
It will be interesting to hear from the first person who pulls a convo pack from arena.

Tirc
07-30-2015, 11:07 AM
Will there be a thread or Google doc created to track? I'm certainly not proactive enough to do these things...

Edit: for arena drop rate that is.

Thrawn
07-30-2015, 11:07 AM
It will be interesting to hear from the first person who pulls a convo pack from arena.

Pulled a couple 2015s already, they must be a fairly high drop off of bosses. (One from tier 1, one from tier 3.)

Looks like you straight up get a chance at a pack after a boss kill, DC and such doesn't matter. Can drop from Eternal Guardian in tier 1 so for pure farming it might even be fastest to just blow through tier 1, restart, repeat.

nicosharp
07-30-2015, 11:11 AM
Will there be a thread or Google doc created to track? I'm certainly not proactive enough to do these things...

Edit: for arena drop rate that is.
I'll track my pulls - I'm already 1 2015 pack from T4 Boss - which I was fighting right when Convo packs went live.
Won't be able to share until tonight though... worky time.

Thrawn
07-30-2015, 11:12 AM
I see the bug where Town Crier locks up Hero of Adamanth is still in the arena as well. :mad:

Xexist
07-30-2015, 11:15 AM
I see the bug where Town Crier locks up Hero of Adamanth is still in the arena as well. :mad:

yeah that is pretty much an instant quit and restart.

szimek
07-30-2015, 11:16 AM
vs Xarlox T4:

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u229/szimek/th_Beznbsptytuu_zpsne6kpazf.jpg (http://s169.photobucket.com/user/szimek/media/Beznbsptytuu_zpsne6kpazf.jpg.html)

Xexist
07-30-2015, 11:19 AM
It is KILLING me that I am at work and cant play.

dogmod
07-30-2015, 11:19 AM
vs Xarlox T4:

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u229/szimek/th_Beznbsptytuu_zpsne6kpazf.jpg (http://s169.photobucket.com/user/szimek/media/Beznbsptytuu_zpsne6kpazf.jpg.html)

Resolution on that is pretty bad... how many packs did you get?

Xexist
07-30-2015, 11:20 AM
Resolution on that is pretty bad... how many packs did you get?

lol click it? :p 1 pack.

Vorsa
07-30-2015, 11:23 AM
You can get packs from T1 of the Arena - I just did (only one on my 1st run).

N3rd4Christ

That's because you should be.... I dunno.... Working?

Svenn

You and me both! At least I've got a 4 day weekend to do it all. ;)

Xexist
07-30-2015, 11:26 AM
That's because you should be.... I dunno.... Working?

Thats bullshit :p

szimek
07-30-2015, 11:26 AM
yes. 1 pack ;] AA Storm Cloud inside

Zophie
07-30-2015, 11:27 AM

WTB Mastery of Time IRL so I can do both.

Daer
07-30-2015, 11:28 AM
I had an arena run sitting on the last boss before Convocation started. Completed it after and received a 2015 pack from the T4 boss. Storm Queen boots inside.

dogmod
07-30-2015, 11:28 AM
lol click it? :p 1 pack.

I did, didn't realize the number was before and the thing after was just an (s) :D

Jormungandr
07-30-2015, 11:31 AM
Also at work and wishing I were playing. I'd be curious about people's experiences farming arena, either repeating tier 1 or doing full clears to see whether we're looking at a pack per clear, per 7 tier 1 clears, etc, etc. Obviously sample size will be tiny, but good to get some initial impressions, even if it's skewed.

Trying to decide whether to spend time arena-ing or try and get a couple tournaments knocked out. Also, can anybody confirm whether it's 5-0 or 5 wins (and 1-2 losses) that gets you the rarer pack with gauntlet?

McCloud68
07-30-2015, 11:31 AM
I was playing Arena, defeated the first boss and the rewards window said I won a 2015 pack, but it is absolutely NO where in my inventory or anything. How annoying.

dogmod
07-30-2015, 11:33 AM
4 of each pack so far: 2 storms of ancient, 1 cloud king, 1 cloud queen. Gax, portensio, broski buk, and an Ozawa.

Pretty decent spread so far.

Thrawn
07-30-2015, 11:33 AM
Trying to decide whether to spend time arena-ing or try and get a couple tournaments knocked out. Also, can anybody confirm whether it's 5-0 or 5 wins (and 1-2 losses) that gets you the rarer pack with gauntlet?

http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=44906&page=4&p=512118&viewfull=1#post512118

Caldera
07-30-2015, 11:34 AM
Just did a tier 2-4 arena run, zero losses. No convocation packs. Did notice that the bonus chests appear to be back however.

ksetrat
07-30-2015, 11:35 AM
Also, can anybody confirm whether it's 5-0 or 5 wins (and 1-2 losses) that gets you the rarer pack with gauntlet?

Edit: Ninja'd by Thrawn. he found the link. lol.

can't wait to get out of work and give a few tries. i have 7 packs left for set3... debating 2 drafts, or one gauntlet.

Caldera
I was playing Arena, defeated the first boss and the rewards window said I won a 2015 pack, but it is absolutely NO where in my inventory or anything. How annoying.

If i'm not mistaken, arena prizes of any sort have never hit your inventory until you finish the arena run.

Assassine
4 of each pack so far: 2 storms of ancient, 1 cloud king, 1 cloud queen. Gax, portensio, broski buk, and an Ozawa.

What did you do to get them so fast?

Xexist

Arena? Gauntlet?

Tirc
07-30-2015, 11:36 AM

Ditto

Xexist
07-30-2015, 11:36 AM
If i'm not mistaken, arena prizes of any sort have never hit your inventory until you finish the arena run.

You dont usually get to know prizes until arena is over anyways

Stormlight
07-30-2015, 11:37 AM

When I won two packs, I opened them by going to the open packs screen... they were listed with the no spin chests and didn't have a picture for me (I literally clicked and dragged on nothing), but they let me open them when I dragged it to the normal place.

Thrawn
07-30-2015, 11:37 AM
What did you do to get them so fast?

I'd bet he didn't unless he either has had INSANELY lucky arena drops, had multiple accounts primed or something is being abused/broken in proving grounds. :p

dogmod
07-30-2015, 11:38 AM
I had 4 gauntlets at 4-x prepared. I can confirm that both 5-1 and 5-2 give packs. I have multiple kickstarter accounts so all legit as far as I can tell. I also got really lucky to win all of the 4 I had prepared

Thrawn
07-30-2015, 11:42 AM
Has anyone gotten a 13/14 pack from Tier 1 arena?

dogmod
07-30-2015, 11:43 AM
Has anyone gotten a 13/14 pack from Tier 1 one arena?

Pretty sure someone already posted a picture of it.

ghulzen
07-30-2015, 11:43 AM
Sounds like 2015 packs are fairly obtainable from arena. I wonder how rare the 13/14 packs are. Uru rare?

N3rd4Christ
07-30-2015, 11:47 AM
Sounds like 2015 packs are fairly obtainable from arena. I wonder how rare the 13/14 packs are. Uru rare?

Waldo is not real he is a myth!

Hieronymous
07-30-2015, 11:49 AM
Boy howdy was I ever wrong. Gotten three packs, including one 2014/15, from Arena. Got one of them from Tier one. That's all in basically one run (two half runs, technically, since I had a run going when convo started).

Xexist
07-30-2015, 11:51 AM
Im personally glad they seem to be dropping very reasonably. Makes the sting a lot less for those of us not lucky enough to go to conventions

Jormungandr
07-30-2015, 11:52 AM
I had 4 gauntlets at 4-x prepared. I can confirm that both 5-1 and 5-2 give packs. I have multiple kickstarter accounts so all legit as far as I can tell. I also got really lucky to win all of the 4 I had prepared

Sweet! Sounds like gauntlets are a good way to try and get the 13-14 packs, then, assuming you can get 5 wins. (Which doesn't take too long if queues are popping.) Thanks for letting us know.

dogmod
07-30-2015, 11:53 AM
Im personally glad they seem to be dropping very reasonably. Makes the sting a lot less for those of us not lucky enough to go to conventions

Almost makes more sense to steam roll arena as opposed to pay money for gauntlet

Warrender
07-30-2015, 11:54 AM

Not these. I saved and quit and found the packs in my Inventory.

N3rd4Christ
07-30-2015, 11:54 AM
Almost makes more sense to steam roll arena as opposed to pay money for gauntlet

Agree

Tirc
07-30-2015, 11:55 AM

This will be my plan of action for sure. Just trying to optimize a deck for the fastest arena runs possible.

N3rd4Christ
07-30-2015, 11:57 AM
This will be my plan of action for sure. Just trying to optimize a deck for the fastest arena runs possible.

Add Tusker to Xocoy deck and you are golden!

plaguedealer
07-30-2015, 12:10 PM
Yea tusker is probably going up in value this weekend. It is surprisingly strong.

Vorpal
07-30-2015, 12:17 PM
I think if you are good at gauntlet gauntlet is probably a faster means of obtaining the 2013/2014 packs, which, IMO, are the ones that will be valuable.

2015 should be about as valuable as adamanthian scrivener.

MaximumSquid
07-30-2015, 12:18 PM
side note:

I was told to re-log after getting some kind of bug where I went to a tournament screen after winning a proving ground match

It's been loading for a very, very long time. . . should I close Hex and re-open it?

Tirc
07-30-2015, 12:23 PM
Add Tusker to Xocoy deck and you are golden!

According to hexprice that will run me 1200 approx for a play set. A touch steep for me. Anyone willing to sell a full play set at a smaller amount?

plaguedealer
07-30-2015, 12:24 PM
I think if you are good at gauntlet gauntlet is probably a faster means of obtaining the 2013/2014 packs, which, IMO, are the ones that will be valuable.

2015 should be about as valuable as adamanthian scrivener.

aa storm cloud will be worth something.

dogmod
07-30-2015, 12:28 PM
lol one of everything from 2014/2015 ;o.

N3rd4Christ
07-30-2015, 12:32 PM
What people need to realize is that anyone can grind these which is great news! Meaning all free players have a shot at them and this a way higher supply.

w00dy101
07-30-2015, 12:36 PM
Two full Arenas complete, zero packs. I seem to have the RNG gods against me in this game. I have a long history of being below the RNG curve starting with my Primal packs generated from from KS rewards. (1 whole pack for Pro Player tier) I guess I will just have to keep grinding and hoping!

Daer
07-30-2015, 12:41 PM
Grinding arena for packs. HE DOES EXIST! First time I've encountered him.

http://i.imgur.com/vyrFnDr.jpg

w00dy101
07-30-2015, 12:43 PM
[QUOTE=Daer;512207]Grinding arena for packs. HE DOES EXIST! First time I've encountered him.

Good luck on the fight!

N3rd4Christ
07-30-2015, 12:45 PM

Lies! Photoshop! Please tel me it's a lie!

Xexist
07-30-2015, 12:46 PM

And this is why I dont want to quit after tier 1 ^^ you never know

Daer
07-30-2015, 12:49 PM
Beat him no problem btw.

N3rd4Christ
07-30-2015, 12:49 PM
And this is why I dont want to quit after tier 1 ^^ you never know

Yeah!

Tirc
07-30-2015, 12:53 PM
Beat him no problem btw.

Congrats, I have yet to encounter him. I will be pretty salty if I wind up losing to him when I encounter him.

nicosharp
07-30-2015, 12:59 PM
Beat him no problem btw.
Woot! Join the brotherhood of HDE! "He Does Exist"

ThomasHunter
07-30-2015, 01:30 PM
Woot! Join the brotherhood of HDE! "He Does Exist"

Oh, I want to, and certainly not due to lack of effort.

One day....:rolleyes:

dogmod
07-30-2015, 01:30 PM
http://i.imgur.com/0g6tTC0.jpg

:D

Khazrakh
07-30-2015, 01:43 PM

Solid ;)

Svenn
07-30-2015, 01:47 PM

What, no legendaries?!

dogmod
07-30-2015, 01:50 PM
What, no legendaries?!

You make an excellent point

N3rd4Christ
07-30-2015, 01:54 PM
What, no legendaries?!

He technically got 2

Xexist
07-30-2015, 02:00 PM
Woot! Portensio.

Showsni
07-30-2015, 06:51 PM
Has anyone got multiple packs from a single tier yet? So far, every convocation pack I've seen has replaced the "Beat Boss" chest. I haven't seen any of them replace "Perfect Tier" or "Dungeon Crawler" chests, despite assurances from Nobles that it's possible. Or maybe it's a visual bug?

BaijoGosum
07-30-2015, 07:15 PM
Has anyone got multiple packs from a single tier yet? So far, every convocation pack I've seen has replaced the "Beat Boss" chest. I haven't seen any of them replace "Perfect Tier" or "Dungeon Crawler" chests, despite assurances from Nobles that it's possible. Or maybe it's a visual bug?

I got two 2015 packs off of a perfect on tier 1

Daer
07-30-2015, 07:29 PM
Yeah I've had 2 packs off of a single tier twice so far.

Mejis
07-30-2015, 08:30 PM

Heroic skills and prize luck dude, congrats! :D:D

Makizushi
07-31-2015, 12:23 AM
whoo! just got my first 2015 pack on completing Arena's T1 as a "perfect". With many thanks to that nice dwarf-robot deck that was shared a few pages ago. It's great!

Khazrakh
07-31-2015, 12:29 AM
whoo! just got my first 2015 pack on completing Arena's T1 as a "perfect". With many thanks to that nice dwarf-robot deck that was shared a few pages ago. It's great!

Happy to serve ;)
Still didn't get a single drop myself but my time will come :)

The_Lannisters
07-31-2015, 09:20 AM

Someone honest. The amount of people claiming 20-25 Dukes+ on most streams ... who knows! :rolleyes:

Ertzi
07-31-2015, 12:01 PM
Someone honest. The amount of people claiming 20-25 Dukes+ on most streams ... who knows! :rolleyes:

What! 20 Dukes? That would be impressive. I won my only one from the first Gauntlet I ever tried and stopped immediately. PvP is too stressful. :)

Abidar
08-04-2015, 11:39 PM
6 full runs, 4 perfect not 1 pack. Fml.

Clawdius
08-05-2015, 05:07 PM
I've run tier 1 probably 150 times or more, and I've gotten 3 2013/14 packs and 8 2015 packs. I got an Ozawa, so that I'm happy about, but I haven't seen a Stormcoat and I've pretty much lost hope that I will get one before the event ends. I am hoping we have another crack at 2015 packs in a convocation event next year.

frychikn
08-05-2015, 05:33 PM
event ends tomorrow? and i didnt realize i could just farm tier 1.... go me -_-

Hieronymous
08-05-2015, 05:44 PM

Hah, yeah, that was basically my record also. Somehow I still haven't gotten the hang of the new set. I used to be pretty consistently winning about every fourth draft I entered, but I have yet to outright win a single draft under the new set. Made it to the finals a few times but no better.