PDA

View Full Version : Shin'hare Strike

ThomasHunter
07-27-2015, 01:39 PM
Dear Hex Team,

Please bring back battle hoppers that are shard-related. Shardless battle hoppers not only look bad, but it doesn't make any sense. All of my Shin'hare are blood or wild related. Why would the battle hoppers not be the same?

Please consider this in a future patch. I feel like all of my Shin'hare want to strike until this happens!:p

No-color bunnies = no fun + no sense

Krond
07-27-2015, 01:42 PM
It is weird. Why isn't it that Blood cards/effects make Blood Hoppers, Wild cards/effects make Wild Hoppers, etc?

Saeijou
07-27-2015, 01:59 PM
probably just annoying to implement i guess...

ThomasHunter
07-27-2015, 02:18 PM
I certainly understand the Form vs. Function argument, but this one really seems out of form and too in the functional side. It makes it ugly (which isn't good). I'm just hoping the Shin'hare strike causes the team to rethink this decision!:D

Xexist
07-27-2015, 02:34 PM
http://i62.tinypic.com/2utngg8.jpg

israel.kendall
07-27-2015, 04:31 PM
http://i.imgur.com/JBUi177.jpg

Kaiba_Graysoul
07-27-2015, 04:43 PM
mean they can chump shard related unblockable

Cainhu
07-29-2015, 04:22 AM
Parallel Evolution now change them to random artifact troops... which is a bit stranger than the otherwise already stange effect of the card (but sometimes very useful in the arena)... similar with Jovial Pippit.

I really miss their ability to block some creatures.

Assassine
07-29-2015, 04:37 AM
mean they can chump shard related unblockable

Actually, they cant now. The effect says "artifact troops or troops that share a shard with this".
Them beeing colorless does not mean theyre artifacts (see exiled bard).

ThomasHunter
07-29-2015, 06:07 AM
Was thinking again last night, why not making them multi-shard?

Cernz
07-29-2015, 06:12 AM
Actually, they cant now. The effect says "artifact troops or troops that share a shard with this".
Them beeing colorless does not mean theyre artifacts (see exiled bard).

but they cant block wild / blood cards with unblockable gems i assume?

Vorpal
07-29-2015, 06:13 AM
Was thinking again last night, why not making them multi-shard?

Multi shard would have been the perfect solution. We now have that technology!

Graydeath
07-29-2015, 06:16 AM

It will worst that shardless, how you could play multi shard in mono blood o mono wild? Made them shardless was the solution to the problem of blood cards that made wild one.

A differente matter will be having hybrid shard, that will be a good solution.

Krond
07-29-2015, 07:47 AM
If there's a downside to Set 3 and GenCon happening back to back, it's that the HEX team has become too busy to share insight/clarification about some these bizarre changes.

Assassine
07-29-2015, 07:48 AM
but they cant block wild / blood cards with unblockable gems i assume?

Yeah exactly

thegreybetween
07-29-2015, 10:17 AM
On the bright side: If you ever bump into someone using Shard Ward, your Hoppers can get damage through. But yeah, who uses Shard Ward relative to unblockable gems?

I miss my green, green fields of Wild Hoppers :(

Seraph_Hex
07-29-2015, 02:12 PM
Has anybody ever brought up the fact that this is in essence a change to all previous PvP cards related to Battle Hoppers? As far as I was aware changes to PvP cards are not happening. I believe it to be very bad, if created cards open up a backdoor in that regard.

IronPheasant
07-29-2015, 02:41 PM

You have any idea how sad I get when my Chaotic Rip gives me a Bastardspawn of Bokrug?

starwing
07-30-2015, 02:24 AM
I don't play Shin'hare, but my husband does and it does make a difference (a negative one) to have shardless battle hoppers.

Either bring back the proper Battle Hoppers, or nerf the unblockable except by artifacts or troops that share a shard.

EccentricFan
08-10-2015, 01:16 PM
I have a parallel evolution deck I occasionally play just for fun, and I was very displeased to discover all my bunnies were turning into artifacts. Add me to those who preferred the old way it was handled.

Saeijou
08-10-2015, 02:05 PM
I have a parallel evolution deck I occasionally play just for fun, and I was very displeased to discover all my bunnies were turning into artifacts. Add me to those who preferred the old way it was handled.

so technically a artifact... but still cant block... funny :) just the negative effect ^^

EccentricFan
08-11-2015, 09:41 AM
so technically a artifact... but still cant block... funny :) just the negative effect ^^

No, I mean they're turning into artifacts when I play parallel evolution. The card is random enough as it is (which is why that deck is really just for fun) many of the wild/blood cards they could turn into synergize with cards I already have in my deck, but few artifacts do.

And then of course the issue with blocking. It just weakens an already weak deck and takes some of the fun out of it.

Erebus
08-11-2015, 02:37 PM
I suggested in another thread, but they could do what MTG did for its 0 cost kobolds. Add text at the bottom of the card stating it's both a blood and wild troop but leave the cost 1 no threshold.

wolzarg
08-11-2015, 10:11 PM
I suggested in another thread, but they could do what MTG did for its 0 cost kobolds. Add text at the bottom of the card stating it's both a blood and wild troop but leave the cost 1 no threshold.

That would actually buff them tho. Not that i care either way but really fixing the old way is clearly the best option and it is weird that they didn't go with that.