PDA

View Full Version : Arena - Bonus gone

Xenavire
07-27-2015, 02:18 PM
So, I have been playing arena off and on since set 3 launched, and based on what I have seen myself, and heard from others, it seems that Bonus rolls have been completely removed from the arena (whether by design or mistake is the main question.)

So, can we get some word about this? Especially since it seems like those bonus rolls might be important to the gencon celebration.

nicosharp
07-27-2015, 02:21 PM
It was a randomly awarded bonus before, so kind of a Meh, thanks experience either way....

Maybe they are making necessary changes to the arena to make room for new PvE faucets, and balancing loot tables/drops respectively?

Tazelbain
07-27-2015, 02:27 PM
Ya, I was thinking that the bonus chest could be moved to non-bosses. I say that as a DC who get less chests because of this. Say 8% chance.

Xenavire
07-27-2015, 02:49 PM
Well, it is an undocumented change, so I would like some clarification. And those chests do add up (especially now we can actually get stardust, an infinitely useful resource, unlikely most of the rest of the drops. :p)

If those drops could include the gencon items, then we would have a fair few less chances at that loot, so if it is a bug, I would love for it to be fixed ahead of time. If it is intended, then that is just information we should know. :p

Mejis
07-27-2015, 03:22 PM
Yes would like some clarification. I haven't seen a single bonus chest yet.

Shaqattaq
07-27-2015, 04:57 PM
This is a bug and we are working on a solution.

We do have a forum where bugs are reported and teams that work directly on testing, verifying bugs actively monitor it. In the future, please post any perceived bugs here in order to make sure the correct HEX staff members see it as soon as possible: http://forums.cryptozoic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=116

Xenavire
07-27-2015, 05:00 PM

We do have a forum where bugs are reported and teams that work directly on testing, verifying bugs actively monitor it. In the future, please post any perceived bugs here in order to make sure the correct HEX staff members see it as soon as possible: http://forums.cryptozoic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=116

Thanks a lot Shaq. I would have posted it there, but it wasn't clear if it was actually a bug (it seemed entirely possible that it was being removed for some unknown reason.) :)

Mahes
07-27-2015, 06:10 PM

I like how he tells you this like you are a new player or something.

Mejis
07-27-2015, 07:05 PM
Good to hear it's a bug. Arena runs were feeling a bit lacklustre because of it.

ShadowRealm
07-28-2015, 12:21 AM
Let's pray for it to be in again for Convocation week then!

MuffLord4
07-28-2015, 02:57 AM
can somebody tell me what this bonus includes in term of rewards?

Mejis
07-28-2015, 03:20 AM
can somebody tell me what this bonus includes in term of rewards?

It's a bit randomised, or at least it was pre patch. It could be anything I think, extra gold, pve cards, I guess stardust now.

HitoZ
07-28-2015, 03:27 AM
maybe we'll get some new items from arena as well, you know you get rid of one bug and another pops up ;)

MuffLord4
07-28-2015, 04:33 AM
mh I got stardust and cards of playing arena, Also got the "bonus" chest ontop of the bonus for perfect win and bosschest.

szimek
07-28-2015, 05:56 AM
i also had 1 yesterday, so bonus chests happens, but it's like 1 per 10+ arenas.

RamzaBehoulve
07-28-2015, 07:36 AM
Good to hear it's a bug. Arena runs were feeling a bit lacklustre because of it.

Thanks for reminding the people without a bonus how boring and lackluster it feels.

ShadowRealm
07-28-2015, 07:43 AM
They're talking about the random bonus chests during bosses battles here, not the DC perk ones...

Vorpal
07-28-2015, 08:51 AM
I think yesterday I got my first run with zero bonus chests. It was pretty blah. 6600 gold, six pieces of equipment I already had ;p

I'm mostly running arena for the pve cards

Lafoote
07-28-2015, 09:21 AM
I think yesterday I got my first run with zero bonus chests. It was pretty blah. 6600 gold, six pieces of equipment I already had ;p

I'm mostly running arena for the pve cards

Yeah, first time for me today. 6600 gold for a perfect run is pretty sad.

Xexist
07-28-2015, 09:34 AM
Yeah, first time for me today. 6600 gold for a perfect run is pretty sad.

We complain that we need more gold faucets.. they shut one off -_-

ryuukan
07-28-2015, 09:42 AM
I'm not saying I know why this was done right before the gencon drops but

http://hex.tcgbrowser.com/images/cards/big/CharkHiredHornElite.jpghttp://hex.tcgbrowser.com/images/cards/big/Sabotage.jpg

HitoZ
07-28-2015, 10:18 AM
@ryuukan, I see what you did there

Xenavire
07-28-2015, 10:21 AM
We complain that we need more gold faucets.. they shut one off -_-

The bonus was only for items as far as I know, not gold. I think the low gold might be (mostly) unrelated.

Xexist
07-28-2015, 10:26 AM
The bonus was only for items as far as I know, not gold. I think the low gold might be (mostly) unrelated.

yeah i guess it was off topic.. unrelated, but still a thing :p

Elwinz
07-28-2015, 10:39 AM
Wrong Xenavire. I have famed arna infinity times and i know 15-x run would reward you frim 5500-7800k. Now yuo never go reeally more than 6k. I havent seen 7K past AOM releae in arena

Xenavire
07-28-2015, 10:48 AM
Wrong Xenavire. I have famed arna infinity times and i know 15-x run would reward you frim 5500-7800k. Now yuo never go reeally more than 6k. I havent seen 7K past AOM releae in arena

I am well aware of that, but the bonus rolls didn't add gold sacks to the rewards screen, it added chests (in other words, loot rolls, not gold.)

The issues aren't identical, even if they might be related.

Vorpal
07-28-2015, 11:59 AM
It did seem like bonus chests gave you more gold somehow, even if it wasn't gold sacks.

ShadowRealm
07-29-2015, 01:21 AM
Please, put them back in before Convocation week, pretty please ,_po/

Lafoote
07-29-2015, 05:27 AM
Please, put them back in before Convocation week, pretty please ,_po/

There will be significant anger and bitterness if this is not resolved before tomorrow.

FreezingPhoenix
07-29-2015, 08:13 AM
I just got a bonus chest, so they are not entirely out.

Xenavire
07-29-2015, 08:20 AM
I just got a bonus chest, so they are not entirely out.

They are definitely not dropping as they should be though (confirmed info.)

Shadowflame
07-29-2015, 10:02 AM

Seems like you didn't keep track of the gold awarded. I kept track of around 40 complete runs (70%+ perfect, the rest near perfect) some time before the new set. The max gold I ever got (ignoring the 50% bonus) was 7.2k gold. Average was 6557 gold. I've only started keeping track again after the most recent patch, but the average I have so far is around the same (slightly higher).

nicosharp
07-29-2015, 10:46 AM
The gold rewards for the Arena were initially lower after the AoM patch.. However, I've noticed after or during the release celeb that the gold drops bounced back up to what they were before.. I'm not sure if this was ninja patched back in...

Anyway, Arena is really F'd up right now. Brutal Commanders are completely broken, and crashed an entire run for me. Pheromomes abilities are all screwy. AI had a Grand Mal Seizure, can't block, doesn't attack when it should...

Lukezors
07-29-2015, 10:48 AM
The gold rewards for the Arena were initially lower after the AoM patch.. However, I've noticed after or during the release celeb that the gold drops bounced back up to what they were before.. I'm not sure if this was ninja patched back in...

Anyway, Arena is really F'd up right now. Brutal Commanders are completely broken, and crashed an entire run for me. Pheromomes abilities are all screwy. AI had a Grand Mal Seizure, can't block, doesn't attack when it should...

I was able to resolve the multiple brutal commander issue by alt+f4 then reconnecting don't know if that will work everytime but worth trying

nicosharp
07-29-2015, 10:53 AM
I was able to resolve the multiple brutal commander issue by alt+f4 then reconnecting don't know if that will work everytime but worth trying
I tried it about 4x times on 3 separate champion encounters - Never worked :(

Anyways, It seems Modified Savage Raider / Pack Raptor decks are the new way to farm imo, on a budget. Doesn't have to be Hammer's list, there are many cheap alternatives, utilizing Puck's equipment / Oakenhedge / Mentor / etc.

There are 2 other viable brews, but aren't ready for prime time..

Shadowflame
07-29-2015, 10:55 AM

This happens if you try to select a higher cost troop than the Brutal Commander did damage. Especially if there are multiple Brutal Commanders. Hit escape to see which one is highlighted and select a proper cost troop.

Warrender
07-29-2015, 11:31 AM
The only fix for now is to not have 2 Brutal Commanders attacking at the same time.

Daer
07-29-2015, 11:37 AM
The only fix for now is to not have 2 Brutal Commanders attacking at the same time.

I think it is actually 2 Brutal Commanders with different attack values. What happens is for example you have a 4 attack and a 3 attack Brutal Commander and when it resolves their ability it will show 4 cost troops for the 3 attack Brutal Commander and if you select a higher cost troop it will freeze your game. If you only select troops that have costs equal to or lower then the lowest attack Brutal Commander it resolves fine.

HitoZ
07-29-2015, 01:21 PM

I've gotten over 7000 twice, didn't do that many runs. I always had the suspicion that you get the most gold if you face Xarlox as your final opponent, or above average amount ofgold as reward, if you had Xarlox as a boss in tier 2/3, but still had a perfect run.

Fred
07-29-2015, 01:34 PM
Anyways, It seems Modified Savage Raider / Pack Raptor decks are the new way to farm imo, on a budget.

Pack Raptor... on a budget...

You're funny.

nicosharp
07-29-2015, 01:44 PM
Pack Raptor... on a budget...

You're funny.
hmm, $18-$30 before set 3... I'm not sure what spikes have been happening to their price as of late.
I generally don't associate costs of set1 cards to $ now.. Mainly because of the KS, being around forever, and how cheap set1 packs are selling for. I'm sure, through trade, Pack Raptor, itself, can still be acquired, relatively cheap.

With the rate at which gold is trading... PvE arena decks still = $0 and solve X for time.
Then again, Pack Raptor also has good legendary equipment, which I also haven't scoped price on. Everything else is still cheap, and/or easy to acquire.

Vorpal
07-29-2015, 01:56 PM
I tried it about 4x times on 3 separate champion encounters - Never worked :(

Anyways, It seems Modified Savage Raider / Pack Raptor decks are the new way to farm imo, on a budget. Doesn't have to be Hammer's list, there are many cheap alternatives, utilizing Puck's equipment / Oakenhedge / Mentor / etc.

That sounds fascinating. Do you have a link?

nicosharp
07-29-2015, 02:17 PM
That sounds fascinating. Do you have a link?

No, you can use Hammer's list on Strat's Decklist forum as a baseline though. The only real money card I run are the raptors and their equipment (both pieces) / Pucks / Mentors / Oakenhedge / Chloro - If you want to get fancy, you can, lots of ways to expand on it.