PDA

View Full Version : Don't force us to queue with a specific deck for gauntlet constructed

Falaris
07-27-2015, 08:44 PM
I don't know how others view it, but I look at gauntlet constructed as more of a proving grounds with more competitive decks. Its where I like to take various concoctions or builds to see how they stack up against good competition. Proving Grounds are pretty bereft of this, and regular constructed tournaments never fire. It's not like Gauntlet is like a 'normal' tournament, you're almost 100% in the dark in regards to who you're going to play. There's no real advantage to be gained by switching up decks, other than the ones inherently gained by tweaking a deck when you find certain combinations you don't like.

Showsni
07-27-2015, 09:45 PM
Why don't you use the Head to Head Queue for this?

Falaris
07-27-2015, 09:49 PM
1. When testing whether a deck is viable or not, it's generally better to run through a lot of game 1s to get the maindeck down. Head to Head being 2/3 makes that a bit more difficult.

2. Gauntlet constructed fires significantly more frequently then H2H in my experience.

magic_gazz
07-27-2015, 10:33 PM
Yeah seeing as you can change your sealed pool I cant see much reason not to be able to change your constructed deck.

poizonous
07-27-2015, 10:38 PM
You can change your sealed deck because you enter and have a pool of cards that are interchangeable.

Remember it is still a tournament, as casual of a tournament as it may be it is still a tournament, you are not supposed to be able to change constructed decks during a tournament

Falaris
07-28-2015, 09:59 AM
You can change your sealed deck because you enter and have a pool of cards that are interchangeable.

Remember it is still a tournament, as casual of a tournament as it may be it is still a tournament, you are not supposed to be able to change constructed decks during a tournament

Why are you applying rules for a different tournament structure to gauntlet? It's a different format, there is no reason it has to abide by the same rules as 'normal' tournaments. Normal tournaments also offer 2/3, a pairing system where you face people of equal points, and a single elim top 8.

noragar
07-28-2015, 12:44 PM
Gauntlet pairings are made based on win-loss record up to that point in the gauntlet run. It wouldn't be fair to be messing around with an experimental deck, start off 0-2, then pull out your T1 deck to go up against other losing decks.

Seraph_Hex
07-28-2015, 01:49 PM
Gauntlet pairings are made based on win-loss record up to that point in the gauntlet run.

Oh is that the case nowadays? I bet people who are paired against each other 2-3 times in a row can tell you a different story.

Xexist
07-28-2015, 01:51 PM
Oh is that the case nowadays? I bet people who are paired against each other 2-3 times in a row can tell you a different story.

Read the patch notes.

N3rd4Christ
07-28-2015, 01:58 PM

This has not happened since patch. Wait times are a bit longer but haven't seen same opponent twice in a row since then.