PDA

View Full Version : Set 3 celebrations

fido_one
07-28-2015, 08:59 AM
Quick call out to CZE for launch and celebratory weekend awesomeness.

I know that there is some debate about chest loot tables, some bugs, etc. but I think we quickly forget the things we have been calling for. Opening up chests could be tweaked for the better, most of us agree on that, but it's still well in the area of 'ZOMG awesome' and is further proof that CZE is doing everything they can to deliver on their ridiculously impossible promises. If they keep the loot tables for set 4 that doesn't mean chests still aren't one of the most exciting things we have in the TCG area.

Also: authenticator = flawless execution. Remember how much we were clamoring for this and they just popped it in on this patch and there are no worries as a result? It's great. Thanks. I need to pause occasionally and remember 'oh yeah, now that it is in there I kind of forgot to be thankful for it.'

Set 3 is my least favorite of the sets, mainly because I have never, in my years (!) of Hex ever performed so piss-poor so consistently. I have yet to make it through a first round in draft. It's amazing at how much I suck at set three - but that does mean there is something that isn't clicking for me so it could be one of my favorites once I do get it. If I get it. So far effectively using this set has alluded me.

Anywho, great job CZE, PM me for suggestions on how to do set 4 so I don't suck at playing it (hint: new key phrase called 'yeah, that happened', which means if your IGN matches 'Castlenock' and you play a card with that effect you win the game and get 5 primals as a bonus.)

Yoss
07-28-2015, 09:36 AM
Yes, it's been fun so far. :)

Erukk
07-28-2015, 10:10 AM
Major props for pulling off an extremely successful release celebration. One thing I was saddishly happy about was that there wasn't any broken cards or interactions giving me and everyone else free tickets. Happy there wasn't any problems, but was sad because who could down free drafts?

I wonder how that extra week to fix that memory leak helped with all of that.

Saeijou
07-28-2015, 10:17 AM
i put in way to much money into the game in this weekend... but it was worth it! :)

i wonder how much money HXE made this weekend ^^

fido_one
07-28-2015, 12:07 PM
I actually submitted a lot of tickets. There are definately bugs. Minstrel's award shards if you have no troops out, certain troops didn't work with shift, the oration card can be bugged.

I don't submit tickets if I win the round/game, but man oh man oh man, this has been the most epic losing streak I have played in Hex. 20 tournaments between VIP/sealed gauntlet/comp draft. If I wasn't finishing dead last I was in the lower quarter every time, each time. So there are definitely a lot of bugs (though a lot less than one would think considering the amount of set 3 cards on week one of release) - though I generally don't notice or am apt to log them into support if I win a game or two.

I should note though I submitted tickets for bugs, given my batting average over this last weekend it is highly doubtful I would have gotten through the rounds sans bugs. It's all good though, still loved it.

Love hurts though man. It hurts soooo much.

Khazrakh
07-28-2015, 12:18 PM
Minstrel's award shards if you have no troops out

Allegiance also works if you have the corresponding troop in hand ;)

Svenn
07-28-2015, 12:31 PM
I actually submitted a lot of tickets. There are definately bugs. Minstrel's award shards if you have no troops out, certain troops didn't work with shift, the oration card can be bugged.

I don't submit tickets if I win the round/game, but man oh man oh man, this has been the most epic losing streak I have played in Hex. 20 tournaments between VIP/sealed gauntlet/comp draft. If I wasn't finishing dead last I was in the lower quarter every time, each time. So there are definitely a lot of bugs (though a lot less than one would think considering the amount of set 3 cards on week one of release) - though I generally don't notice or am apt to log them into support if I win a game or two.

I should note though I submitted tickets for bugs, given my batting average over this last weekend it is highly doubtful I would have gotten through the rounds sans bugs. It's all good though, still loved it.

I played 18 tournaments and didn't run into any bug worth putting a ticket in for. In fact, I can't even remember any gameplay bugs, just display stuff.

Speaking of, what was your bug with Shift? I never had it not work, but it typically doesn't display correctly and so you can't see the text.

As Khazrakh said, Allegiance triggers if you have a card with that in play OR in hand. That's how it was designed.

nicosharp
07-28-2015, 12:42 PM

You do realize that Allegiance works if you have an Elf in YOUR HAND.?
Never had an issue with Shift, as long as I used it as a basic action... which it is.
Never had a problem with Oration and played it in over 14 games.

This release has been ridiculously smooth. I played in probably about 20ish or so events, and only had 1 bug I had to report prior to the celebration weekend that was a localization issue.
The other thing I thought was a bug was likely not a bug.

ksetrat
07-28-2015, 12:57 PM

well... that changes my playstyle for that completely, i thought allegiance was only if there was the race type in play on your side.

overall, this week has been a blast, opening the chests, playing in a few tournaments, going through and getting decimated in a gauntlet while still smiling. run some of the arena to roll more chests. can't wait for the convocation this weekend too. ^_^

fido_one
07-28-2015, 01:47 PM
Never had an issue with Shift, as long as I used it as a basic action... which it is.
Never had a problem with Oration and played it in over 14 games.

This release has been ridiculously smooth. I played in probably about 20ish or so events, and only had 1 bug I had to report prior to the celebration weekend that was a localization issue.
The other thing I thought was a bug was likely not a bug.

Yeah, someone else pointed this out, I had no idea. I do have a crappy excuse for submitting two tickets on it though! I have tons of crappy excuses: for example, my excuse for my piss poor record this past weekend is because I didn't understand the concept of alliances. So I'm really not THAT bad of a player!

So there is one ticket with allegence support hasn't got to where I will go back and change. Not to invoke my other thread, but I really wish I could close my own tickets w/ support. They're always paying the price for my stupidity.

Regarding shift, yeah, I documented a few ones (sorry in awkward situation, can't do proper referencing, sapphire card that readies on opp's phase). But that was early hours into the celebration and things were a bit nuts - took lots of screenshots so support will thump me if I'm wrong. I've used Oration a ton of times too, had a 3/3 on the board with a 5 cost troop next to it, did oration, popped my coyote up to 8/8 against a 4/4 spellshield. Opp was not using shift or anything, did not play a quick action beyond battle troop w/ 2/2 buff. Removed both troops (no lethal on other troop). Could I have gotten something wrong? Sure, but did my math before submittal.

For each set, especially this one as I haven't had the time to preview the set like 1 and 2, I flag any ticket that is possible rule-based bug as 'this just happened, I don't think it's supposed to work this way and I can't find an answer on the forums. So if this is by design, lesson learned and I apologize for your time.' Or something like that.

I know they responded to my ticket with Elvin Allegiance w/ a refund. So I assumed it was a bug. Though there were mitigating circumstances - there were a ton of tickets probably coming in to the support people, I have a good standing even with the floods of support tickets I sometimes do, and my communication on these things are never as clear as I want them to be, especially with recent developments meaning my hex time is a direct association of any time I can kick back a few drinks... Like now! I'm playing Hex AND I'm drunk. And I'm posting in the forums. I'm sure I won't regret this post tomorrow.

I check the forums (but really, search is so horrible as we've grown I don't do my due diligence anymore in my research before hitting support), take screenshots when possible, and don't expect answers and sure as heck don't care if they don't give me a refund.

Back to your point Nico yes it's still been very, very smooth. Though I wouldn't call it ridiculously smooth. VIP constructed was shot, as were a sealed or two that crapped out.

I'm sorry if any of this sounds like I am complaining, I very much am not - I am amazed by this launch, as I have been for the other two. It's like they landed a 747 on a pinhead. On a moon. In a distant galaxy. etc. The equipment seems to be relatively solid, chest rolls are 99% fine (keep on hitting that empty chest call support bug), etc. etc.

Mejis
07-28-2015, 03:44 PM
Amazing launch. Simply awesome.

But whilst we're on the topic of allegiance, should there not be a tooltip pop-up for when you zoom in on the cards? New players might not have any idea what it means, and it's clear some people also didn't know/remember that it triggers off in-hand stuff too.

Auran
07-28-2015, 06:46 PM
Agreed about the tooltips, there seem to still be some places where they are needed and aren't there as well as the bolded links to other cards sometimes not working.

When I first started playing AoM I had to go and lookup what the new keywords did to make sure I had them right.

WWKnight
07-28-2015, 08:20 PM
Quick call out to CZE for launch and celebratory weekend awesomeness.

Anywho, great job CZE, PM me for suggestions on how to do set 4 so I don't suck at playing it (hint: new key phrase called 'yeah, that happened', which means if your IGN matches 'Castlenock' and you play a card with that effect you win the game and get 5 primals as a bonus.)

Watch as they implement this, but the game consistantly mana screws/floods you.