PDA

View Full Version : Skewer not working on "injured" troops

Saeijou
07-28-2015, 11:17 AM
If a troop blocks and it's life is reduced to 1, Skewer isn't assigning dmg accoringly

Xexist
07-28-2015, 11:47 AM
If a troop blocks and it's life is reduced to 1, Skewer isn't assigning dmg accoringly

Im kinda sure its working correctly actually. Maybe just worded poorly. just gut feeling.

Krond
07-28-2015, 11:52 AM
I didn't think it work proc on injured troops, but the way it's worded, it should. Maybe they should have said "base [DEFENSE]"

Saeijou
07-28-2015, 12:25 PM
well... i'm not sure and would like to have an explanation :) if it's intended, so be it ;)

HEXahedron
07-28-2015, 01:54 PM
Skewer is working correctly. Taking damage does not lower a troop's defense. A troop will die if it has damage on it greater than or equal to its defense, but the defense itself does not change unless affected by a card that lowers defense, such as Sorrow or Taint.

We are, however, aware of the problem that it is difficult to visually distinguish if a troop has lowered defense or has damage, and are looking at possible solutions.

N3rd4Christ
07-28-2015, 01:56 PM
Skewer is working correctly. Taking damage does not lower a troop's defense. A troop will die if it has damage on it greater than or equal to its defense, but the defense itself does not change unless affected by a card that lowers defense, such as Sorrow or Taint.

We are, however, aware of the problem that it is difficult to visually distinguish if a troop has lowered defense or has damage, and are looking at possible solutions.

Orange for negatives red for damage!

Krond
07-28-2015, 02:03 PM
Glad to have some clarification. Also good to hear that a better way of displaying that info is being pondered.

There's a buncha clever dudes at HEX, so I bet they can find a way to show it.

MatWith1T
07-28-2015, 08:17 PM
Who's the Orange square? That you Lil' Cory?

Saeijou
07-29-2015, 12:54 PM

thanks for the clarification! :)

Parzival
08-04-2015, 03:05 AM
Thanks Hedron, welcome aboard.

Clearly part of the Modron invasion from Set 5 :cool:

All hail our geometrically superior, overlords!

OutlandishMatt
08-13-2015, 04:52 PM

Yeah, everyone I've played against wonders, "Why didn't I take 3 damage?" You need to word the cards better with the digital mechanics. The way it currently reads, "Deal 3 damage to target troop. If it has defense 1 or less, deal 3 damage to that troop's controller." So this is what everyone expects, A troop takes 3 damage, it checks for it's current defense state, then it deals 3 damage if that defense is 1 or less.

The problem is, the word "has". This implies it checks AFTER the damage has been taken otherwise you would have used the word "had". You don't perform an action and then refer to how it was previously using the word "has".

I am pretty upset because I lost drafts because of this card "supposedly" working correctly when the wording on it is horrible and implies something totally different. And I'm being told by Gameforge, "Yeah, it's working correctly."

I WANT A COMPREHENSIVE RULEBOOK SO THIS DOES NOT HAPPEN AGAIN!