PDA

View Full Version : DC Crisis Campaign Editions? [Suggestion]

IzzyOtaku
07-28-2015, 11:16 PM
So after a couple games of my Teen Titans DBG I decided to play a little Arkham Knight after. While I was playing I began think "It would be so awesome if this had its own DBG implementation." And then I remembered how the Crisis Packs for this game worked and how they introduced Cryptozoics own brand of solo gameplay while being both challenging and difficult, while still being able to function as a co op game. So basically, I had an idea of what if the next couple launches, or side launches of DBG packs were franchise specific campaign trials.

Example: A Batman Crisis Edition (because I did think of this while playing Arkham Knight): You get over-size Super Heroes Batman, Robin (Tim Drake), Catwoman, and Nightwing. And maybe Red Hood too. And you will have to fight your way up through the ranks of Batman specific rogue gallery villains that get increasingly difficult with each previously defeated foe. Also maybe because this is more Batman oriented and Batman is known for his awesome suit variations you can get different suits as Equipment to help boost your chances. Same usual mechanics but more Batman themed.

But this would go with every other DC hero as well like:

Superman Crisis Edition: Heroes are Superman, Powergirl, Supergirl, Superboy, etc. w/ an all Superman rogues gallery, and since Superman is so keen on saving citizens maybe some civilian like cards like Jimmy, Lois, etc. that are actually Equipment or whatever and boosts your abilities for having them in your deck.

I think you see where Im going with this.

P.S what I meant earlier by "villains get increasingly difficult with each previously defeated foe", is that unlike other expansions. In this set Villians dont have a fixed set of points that are required for defeating them. They have their standard number marked at the bottom of the card, but they also gain +1 or +2 to that number for each Super Villian defeated before them. Making this a truly challenging single and coop experience.

The4gotNdeath
07-29-2015, 04:49 PM
So basically, you want a big box set for every major super hero? Thats a tall order

IzzyOtaku
07-29-2015, 05:22 PM
I was thinking more so little more in card volume than the regular Crisis expansions

IzzyOtaku
07-29-2015, 05:33 PM
You could of course play it with other DC DBG, but just enough that it's also able to stand on its own. Doesn't need to have over 100 cards like the base games. Maybe like 10 Super Villains each, 4 Super Heroes and 70-80 cards

IzzyOtaku
07-29-2015, 05:35 PM
Possibly rather than weaknesses as filler. Super Villains will take a jab at destroying cards in your deck each turn unless you can stop them. That way the way you know you've lost is that you really can't do anything against them.

GamerGurlAR88
07-30-2015, 09:09 AM
I wonder if anyone has mixed all the main deck cards and sorted them by "universe" yet and what the break down would be?

BenJazz
07-30-2015, 10:01 AM
I feel there is a lot of "universe" overlap... would be pretty hard to put some card into a specific category.

GamerGurlAR88
07-30-2015, 10:19 AM
I feel there is a lot of "universe" overlap... would be pretty hard to put some card into a specific category.

Very true, you could just go with the one that introduce them?

IzzyOtaku
07-30-2015, 12:30 PM
Hmm. Then Maybe it would be sort of like a solo version of the DC Rivals.