PDA

View Full Version : My Solo Variant

IzzyOtaku
07-29-2015, 03:13 PM
So I have devised my own Solo variation of this game with increasing levels of difficulty depending on how challenging you feel you want it. This is for any of the base games and purely to share how I tend to play these games when I just feel like cracking open the DBG but nobody else is around.

For the Base Instructions:
• First of all I do all the basic stuff that is in the standard gameplay. 10 cards to begin with, set up, everything is natural. My Solo alterations for the base at is easiest is simply:
• Randomly shuffle and choose an over-sized Super Hero (most of this is done by people anyway)
• Place your Weakness cards facedown next to your Super Villains, or anywhere you feel really. At the end of each of your turns flip 1 Weakness card into a pile next to the facedown pile. This represents your countdown. When you facedown pile of Weakness cards is empty, Game Over.
o The only time you do NOT have to flip a new Weakness card over is after defeating a Super Villain. For that 1 new turn after defeating that Super Villain you are granted immunity from gaining a new Weakness.
• When a card requires you to gain a Weakness and you cannot defend against it, take it from the revealed pile of Weakness, unless there are none, then take it from the facedown pile instead.
• ANY card that says “Attack” in the line-up attacks you be it Villain, Hero, or Super Power with the exception of Jericho.
o As you can imagine any card that you have that says “Attack”, basically that “Attack” does nothing.
• Some cards that require you to discard to other players decks, are discards to yours. You use best judgement if you are confused but as an example:
o Super Villain Superboy Prime’s original effect “Each player reveals the top three cards of their deck. Pass one to the discard pile of the player on the left, destroy one, and discard one.” Basically reveal the top 3 cards of your deck, destroy one and discard the other 2.
o And for Super Villain Psimon, “Each player chooses two cards in their hand. Pass each other card to the hand of the player on your left.” Now you will simply discard 2 cards from your hand each time you cant defend against this card…yikes. If you have no defense, Slade isn’t on the field, and you are playing with Advanced Rule #1 this is going to get brutal…

For increasing difficulty I do these Advanced Rules in this order, with the lowest level being for the “up the ante” part while still doing everything above it:
• Super Villain and Villain “Attacks” happen at the start of EVERY turn, meaning they will always effect you before you begin anything unless you can defend.
• At the end of EVERY turn remove the rightmost card in the line-up.
o If you were hoping to buy that card, too bad. You are going to have to pick and choose what you do, buy that card now or risk it. Buy what you want in the line-up as normal, at the end of the turn remove whatever card is closest to the right as if it were a destroyed card basically taking it out of the game forever. Then slide all of the line-up cards to the right and refill as normal.
• When you have to gain a Weakness, you gain it from the facedown pile instead of the revealed pile, meaning cards that’s are giving you Weaknesses should be eliminated quickly otherwise they are shortening your time to defeat the Final Boss.
• You are only allowed to play with 3 archetypes of Hero cards. Basically all of your card types in the Main Deck are divided into cards that support a certain Hero, this is represented by that respective Super Hero being in the card art. That Super Heroes archetype of cards are then divided into cards in the Main Deck that support them like Heroes, Equipment, and Super Powers. If you purchase a card in the line-up that belongs to that Hero you are claiming that archetype. For some examples/clarification as to what I mean by the archetypes:
o Super Boy: Connor Kent (Hero), Tactile Telekinesis (Super Power)
o Kid Flash: Molecular Vibration (Super Power), Speed Force (Super Power)
o Red Robin: Detonation (Equipment), Tim Drake (Hero), Flight Wings (Equipment)
o Starphire: Energy Absorption (Super Power), Koriand’r (Hero)
o Wonder Girl: Lasso of Lightning (Equipment), Cassie Sandsmark (Hero), Silent Armor (Equipment), Magic Bracers (Equipment)
 So if you purchase a card pertaining to that Hero you are claiming that archetype and you have 2 other options until you purchase another Heroes archetype and another up to 3 max. No other cards that belong to other heroes are allowed to be purchased regardless of what they are and what they do. Cards that are general in the Main Deck like the “T-Wing”, “Colony Suit”, “Teen Titans Go”, etc. of course do not belong to this rule and can still be purchased. Cards also not restrained by this rule are “Kick”s, Locations, Villains, and Super Villains. Another piece of clarification is that the Super Hero you are playing as doesn’t mean you HAVE to have that archetype. For example: You have the Super Hero Superboy and am playing with Kid Flash, Red Robin and Raven cards in your deck.
 Just as well you have to pick and choose which Hero archetype cards will not only help you best but support your Super Hero and deck the most. Like choosing to buy the “Bunker” card, since Bunker is the only card in its archetype it will take up 1 of your 3 choices and with a very limited deck pool so choose wisely.
o This limits your purchasing options and making it more tactile.
• When you defeat a Super Villain they are removed from the game rather than going into your deck.

IzzyOtaku
07-29-2015, 03:14 PM
Im sure there is more than Im forgetting that I normally do. Ill update it later if I realize if thats the case or I come up with anything else. Please feel free to comment for clarification, suggestions, or just to tell me what you think.