PDA

View Full Version : The FiveShards Season 2 Diamond Cup Sponsored by The Collective

Zubrin
07-29-2015, 10:06 PM
We are pleased to be able to share with you the details of the FiveShards Season 2 Diamond Cup sponsored by The Collective!

On August 8th-9th, many shard-devotees will compete for a chance to take home the coveted Diamond Cup presented by the Collective; this is the third tournament in Season 2 of the FiveShards Shard Cup Series (http://fiveshards.com/the-shard-cup/) (Note: we still would like to get one new sponsors for this season, if you are interested, contact us at fiveshards@gmail.com!).

The Diamond Cup is Set 3 constructed only—that is, only cards from Set 3, including champions, can be use to construct decks. Basic shards are allowed, of course.

Register here at the Battlefy page (http://battlefy.com/zubrin/the-fiveshards-season-2-diamond-cup-sponsored-by-the-collective/55b9a59a0f58294a0019f53e/info). Confirmation begins at 8:00am PDT (You must pre-register and provide a deck list) and the tournament starts at 9:00am PDT. To confirm, you must log in to Battlefy, go to the tournament, and push the confirmation button. If you do not confirm your registration prior to the tournament beginning, the tournament will drop you and we cannot re-add you to the tournament.

The top 8 will begin promptly at 10:00am PDT on Sunday, August 9th.

Prizes

1st: 48 Set 3 Packs
2nd: 32 Set 3 Packs
3rd-4th: 16 Set 3 Packs
5th-8th: 10 Set 3 Packs
9th: 8 Set 3 Packs
10th-16th: 6 Set 3 Packs
17th-32nd: 3 Set 3 Packs

Random Door Prizes:

Set 3 Primal
Set 3 Primal
Set 3 Primal

We will be drawing the door prizes at the conclusion of round 2.

Specific Rules

1. We will stream the tournament from www.twitch.tv/fiveshards. We will cast all pairings, coverage, and rulings on this channel. Players should have it open/accessible to hear updated news. If you are casting the game, we highly recommend you use a card blocker and/or broadcast delay to enable us to do feature match coverage.

2. Reserves and Decklists: We allow a 15-card reserve. Consequently, we require decklists of all participants. Decklists must include the Champion, 60+ card main deck, 0 or 15 card reserve (must be exactly zero or fifteen), and any gems used in the initial deck configuration. All participants must submit their decklists to us using this form (link) (https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Vsaqrvq4zYOMs8amIitPqF_NQAmrn7t8Wr2lMVQGlxo/viewform?usp=send_form) by 8:00am PDT (WorldClock (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Diamond+Cup+Registration+Deadli ne&iso=20150808T08&p1=137)) on the morning of the tournament, August 8th. Do not post screenshots. Submissions must be entered in text. We will post the full set of decklists after the final round completes and also highlight the top 8 decklists. You may change gems during reserves/sideboarding, but not in-between matches.

Template for Decklist

Champion

Maindeck:
4x Card1
2x Card2 (Prime Ruby of Destruction)
So forth

Reserves:
4x More cards
4x More cards

3. Confirmation: Confirmation begins at 8:00am PDT (WorldClock (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Diamond+Cup+Registration+Deadli ne&iso=20150808T08&p1=137)) and the tournament starts at 9:00am PDT (WorldClock) (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Diamond+Cup+Start+Time&iso=20150808T08&p1=137). To confirm your participation, just log into Battlefy at any point within an hour prior to the start of the tournament (8:00-9:00am PDT) and click the "Confirm" Button. If you do not confirm your registration prior to the tournament beginning, the tournament will automatically drop you; we cannot add dropped players once the tournament starts.

4. Matches: Matches will occur in the best 2 of 3 matches through the client. Each match will be determined by the player that wins two games out of three. The match ends when one player wins two games. The client will decide the turn order in the first game using a coin flip. The loser of the previous game will determine if they play or draw in game. Once the tournament begins, any bugs will be treated as is and we will not be restarting matches except if a player can prove the game state has stalled and restarting the client does not resolve. Additionally, if a player does not get back to their game within the 5-minute window they have to reconnect, the game will award them a loss and we will not restart a match.

4B. If a player starts the game with the wrong champion, the players can restart a match once the player informs his opponent that it is the wrong champion and understand why the match is restarting. However, if you have the same champion as you have registered, you CANNOT restart the game. If your opponent asks for a deck check and you are found to be using unlisted cards, it will result in the normal penalty of a game loss.

5. Reserves: The client handles this. If you used the wrong deck for reserves, we will not restart a match. Starting the match with the proper deck contents is the player's responsibility, even if your reserves are empty.

6. End-of-time Procedure: For most cases, time will occur through the client. If a person runs out of time, they lose the match no matter if they have won a previous game in the match. In rare cases, we may have to restart a match. In those cases, people will follow the end of time procedures as follows: When time is over, the current turn will finish and the players will play five more turns (combined, not each.) If neither player has won two games at this point and neither player has more wins, then the match is a draw. If, after 5 turns, the match is 1-0, then the player with one win wins the match.

7. Slow Play: If in a best-of-three match via the client, slow play does not matter. However, if two players cannot use the client, then we offer the following procedure: Since we are not watching all the games in person, it is difficult for us to determine slow play. However, if you are streaming and your opponent seems to be intentionally playing slow, call a judge over to your stream and we will observe the match. The escalation of penalties for slow play is: warning, time reduction for the offending player's clock, game loss, match loss.

8. Bugged Game Policy: Once the tournament begins, any bugs will be treated as is and we will not be restarting matches except if a player can prove the game state has stalled and restarting the client does not resolve. Additionally, if a player does not get back to their game within the 5-minute window they have to reconnect, the game will award them a loss and we will not restart a match. However, if it is clear that a player is using a bugged interaction in an exploitative manner to win matches, we will disqualify that player and they will be banned from future FiveShards tournaments.

9. The administrators of the tournament are also the judges for the event. For the Diamond Cup, the head judge is Zubrin and we will have a few judges on hand that will exist as the first point of contact. We will have a procedures and penalties document up prior to the tournament.

10. Deck Checks: If a player suspects that an opponent is playing with cards that are not in their original configuration for game one, or if they are playing with cards that are not in their decklist or reserves, the player can immediately ask for a deck check. A tournament judge will then cross-check the suspected cards with the submitted decklist. If the player is found in violation, they automatically lose the game. If a player is found to make the mistake a third time, we will escalate the penalty to a match loss. Players may request two deck checks throughout the tournament and checks resulting in penalties will not count against the player's total number of checks.

11. Any player caught cheating or attempting to cheat will be dealt with at the discretion of tournament organizers, including but not limited to disqualification, banning from future events, and withholding prizes.

12. Feature Match Policy: If you are playing in the Diamond Cup and are streaming, we take that as consent that you are willing to allow us to use your stream as a feature match on the main channel (twitch.tv/fiveshards (http://twitch.tv/fiveshards)). If, however, you would not like us to do this, please let us know as soon as possible and we will not host your stream.

13. To drop from the tournament, you will submit a request to us via this form (https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1xbmIGAWGXS4g10U_MeGdutQr3hxMArMH0E-9MJhxdh4/viewform?usp=send_form). You need to use your safeword (entered with deck registration) to properly drop from the tournament. New Rule for Season 2: If a player decides to end the tournament early, but does not fill out the drop form to remove themselves from the pool (or does not individually remove themselves from the tournament via battlefy) they will lose 1 Shard Cup point. Please drop from the tournament so we do not have any dead games.

14. The play order for the first game in each match of the top 8 is determined by seeding.

15. Player Conduct: Players should conduct themselves in a professional manner as the tournament series is a standard bearer for HexTCG competitive play and we stream many of the matches on our main channel. Poor behavior towards your opponent, tournament organizers, or judges can result in penalties. Minor infractions will lead to warnings with subsequent violations leading to game and match losses; major infractions can result in game and/or match losses and will escalate to tournament bans. Major infractions include, but are not limited to, abuse, harassment, threats, or language that includes slurs against individuals' race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, religion, or other affiliation. Infraction severity and penalty will ultimately be up to the head judge.

Zubrin
07-29-2015, 10:07 PM
Banned and Restricted List

Since the client can play best of three matches, we will treat card interactions "as is" and play through what bugs may exist.

Fifth Book of D’harsis - The current bug that reveals the order of the deck is exploitable enough to be degenerative and we are banning it unless it is patched prior to the tournament starting.

Warnings

There are several cards that are bugged or are not working properly in certain interactions. In the past, we have listed them in a warnings section. However, for this and future tournaments, FiveShards generally assumes that you have tested the cards, read the forum bug reports, and know that there are bugs. Generally, we encourage players to play as the card intends and, if a card would normally do fatal damage, but does not do so due to a bug, we think that players should honor the intent of the cards. That said, we are not enforcing this as we are allowing the client to be the ultimate arbiter of any given match. A judge cannot and will not give you the win in a situation where you should have won but a card bug prevented it from happening. Continue play as normal, or politely point it out to your opponent, giving them the option to concede.

The only time a judge will intervene in a match is when a game cannot proceed despite players restarting their clients. Players must provide proof of a stalled game state.

Frequently Asked Questions

Who is the sponsor for this tournament?

The Collective, a competitive team of players that have won a few major tournaments and includes nononsense, saeijou, pentachills, zubrin, gprime, coachfliperon, janome, shinshire, piecetinker, deckofmanythings, grimtrigger/fuji, kroan, and revolution.

You can sponsor Cups? How do I get in on that action?

As of May 24th, we will be accepting new sponsors for Season 2 of the Cup Tournament Series. We ask sponsors for roughly $560 in prize support to get their name attached to the largest tournament series in Hex. We will promote a particular guild, recruitment drive, link to some other function, or even a product if we can mutually agree on sponsorship. If you are interested, email us at fiveshards@gmail.com. We currently have one cup left to sponsor: the Sapphire Cup.

I would rather help you all run the event than play, is there any chance you are looking for a few extra hands to help run things?

Absolutely. We would like for people to play if they would prefer doing that, but we also realize that even with the four of us last time, it would be easier to run things with a couple extra hands on deck. Primarily, at this point, we are interested in getting people to help us run judging. We think there will be fewer decisions this time around, but we want to make sure those casting the matches are not also embroiled in judging decisions. We may also be willing to enlist a few additional people to help shoutcast matches, but space for that is limited at the moment. If you want to help judge or have other ways you are interested in contributing, please do email us at fiveshards@gmail.com. We will have a formal call for judges up within the next week.

I am displeased with a decision Zubrin has made; how can I make him listen to me and care?

We are always interested in hearing feedback and you should direct comments to fiveshards@gmail.com. We do try to improve our tournaments and invite constructive criticism; however, if your goal is to make Zubrin care, that is a Sisyphean task.

poizonous
07-29-2015, 10:21 PM
Consideration for a Fifth Book ban if it isnt fixed before the tournament?

Zubrin
07-29-2015, 10:35 PM
Consideration for a Fifth Book ban if it isnt fixed before the tournament?

We will likely announce bans next week once we know if a patch is coming.

DoctorJoe
07-30-2015, 03:34 AM
I looked through the post and the fiveshards page, so if I missed it, I apologize. I assume this is Swiss with cut to top 8? I've been interested in participating, but this weekend might actually be free.

Poetic
07-30-2015, 05:16 AM
This will be a fun tournament, total random meta that we probably won't partipate in again. Until set 4 and you can do a block/chapter tournament. I have a few ideas, I'll give it a shot.

Zubrin
07-30-2015, 09:55 AM
I looked through the post and the fiveshards page, so if I missed it, I apologize. I assume this is Swiss with cut to top 8? I've been interested in participating, but this weekend might actually be free.

Yup! Day one will be swiss where we will typically have 8 rounds (9 if we top 256 players) and day 2 will be the top 8.

Xexist
07-30-2015, 09:58 AM
How do I join this collective? I like hive minds.

Saeijou
07-30-2015, 03:21 PM
How do I join this collective? I like hive minds.

you get invited ;)

Xexist
07-30-2015, 03:32 PM
you get invited ;)

Well thats generous! Can I have some time to think about it?

Saeijou
07-30-2015, 03:49 PM
Well thats generous! Can I have some time to think about it?

i think you got me wrong, sorry :/
what i mean was, that you can't do anything directly, a possible candidate get's invited to join the collective

edit: although there was a application possebility not that long ago!
look into the guild section from time to time

Xexist
07-30-2015, 03:50 PM
i think you got me wrong, sorry :/
what i mean was, that you can't do anything directly, a possible candidate get's invited to join the collective

I got you ;) Was only teasing you friend :)

Saeijou
07-30-2015, 03:51 PM
I got you ;) Was only teasing you friend :)

well... since i'm not native, i wasn't sure, if i said it wrong... :)

but you got me :D

DoctorJoe
07-31-2015, 03:36 AM
When does registration close? I need to validate my schedule with the Activity Coordinator.

Deckofmanythings
07-31-2015, 07:56 AM
When does registration close? I need to validate my schedule with the Activity Coordinator.

Registration closes about 1 hour before the tournament start time.

PROTIP: If your activity coordinator is someone you see on a frequent basis, please let them know that the 2nd Saturday of the month will be an "All-day Hex thing" since thats is when the Shard Cup series is regularly scheduled and only deviates for Charity Streams or Acts of Divinity.

DoctorJoe
07-31-2015, 09:37 AM
Registration closes about 1 hour before the tournament start time.

PROTIP: If your activity coordinator is someone you see on a frequent basis, please let them know that the 2nd Saturday of the month will be an "All-day Hex thing" since thats is when the Shard Cup series is regularly scheduled and only deviates for Charity Streams or Acts of Divinity.

Hah! My "Activity Coordinator" is my wife, so I see her fairly regularly... She is friends with my best friend's wife, and they frequently schedule outings together and abandon us for "guy time." Basically we're grown men that get scheduled for playdates.

I typically prefer limited formats, so I'm not incredibly likely to play every month, but I had a few ideas for the format and undefined metas are more interesting to me. I'm more invested if I didn't just netdeck something that looked interesting.

Zubrin
08-01-2015, 09:13 PM
We always welcome inspiration :)

Deckofmanythings
08-04-2015, 12:56 PM
Set 3 Champions can now be selected from the deck submission UI.

Remember, your deck MUST have a Set 3 Champion for this cup.

Zubrin
08-04-2015, 10:07 PM
We have banned the 5th book for the diamond cup:

Fifth Book of D’harsis - The current bug that reveals the order of the deck is exploitable enough to be degenerative and we are banning it unless it is patched prior to the tournament starting.

Altima
08-05-2015, 04:55 AM
I was thinking about adding Fifth Book of D’harsis to my deck....

Altima
08-05-2015, 05:18 AM
How long does it take to complete Swiss ?

I have to go to work 10 hours after the event start.

poizonous
08-05-2015, 05:36 AM
@Altima - Depends on the amount of rounds, 10 hours sounds like you should just about squeeze it all in but no guarantee

Seraph_Hex
08-05-2015, 10:54 AM

Now don't get me wrong I'm not saying that this card should not be banned, since that decision is up to the tourney organiser. Yet I firmly believe that this card works exactly as it's supposed to, at least according to its wording. To me this looks more like a design flaw. You pick up the deck and look through it, picking up to three cards to bury and then you place the deck back as you picked it up. The crucial thing missing here is the phrase "If you do, shuffle the deck."

Again I'm just pointing out that by the wording this does not sound like a bug but rather like a design flaw. Which if CZE sticks to their promise to not change PvP cards (in there functionality) is here to stay.

poizonous
08-05-2015, 01:42 PM
Seraph it is listed as a known bug. It is displaying the deck incorrectly, as of official word

Xenavire
08-05-2015, 08:42 PM
Seraph it is listed as a known bug. It is displaying the deck incorrectly, as of official word

Exactly this - the game is designed to show any deck reveal effects in a random order, not the actual order. This is global, so unless a card specifically states it should reveal the deck order, it shouldn't. Definitely a bug, and important ban.

Saeijou
08-05-2015, 10:55 PM

found here:
http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=41533

Caruso
08-06-2015, 04:15 AM
looking for someone to test decks :) contact me here or ingame

Zubrin
08-06-2015, 07:52 AM
Only 42 people signed up so far! Get on it!

Xenavire
08-06-2015, 08:14 AM

I am sure the last minute signups will come, but the burnout after 2 events may leave this Diamond cup a little emptier than normal. I know I am probably skipping it because I have spent at least 80 hours on Hex since set 3 launch (in fact I am sure it is a good deal more, maybe as much as 120 hours.)

I know moving the date isn't possible (and I respect that), but a week in between convocation and Diamond cup would have been long enough to recover, brew, and test... I can't bear to do that right now. :p

Zubrin
08-06-2015, 11:16 AM
I am sure the last minute signups will come, but the burnout after 2 events may leave this Diamond cup a little emptier than normal. I know I am probably skipping it because I have spent at least 80 hours on Hex since set 3 launch (in fact I am sure it is a good deal more, maybe as much as 120 hours.)

I know moving the date isn't possible (and I respect that), but a week in between convocation and Diamond cup would have been long enough to recover, brew, and test... I can't bear to do that right now. :p

That's totally reasonable. We should see a big push the next few days I would be surprised if we hit below 150.

poizonous
08-06-2015, 02:56 PM
Don't forget that this is also set 3 only so some players might not have their decks built

Thrawn
08-06-2015, 02:58 PM

Heavy burnout from the last two weekends plus the DotA 2 International finals being Saturday are going to keep me from playing. :(

Zubrin
08-06-2015, 10:34 PM
Added information about the "As is" nature of the tournament:

Warnings

There are several cards that are bugged or are not working properly in certain interactions. In the past, we have listed them in a warnings section. However, for this and future tournaments, FiveShards generally assumes that you have tested the cards, read the forum bug reports, and know that there are bugs. Generally, we encourage players to play as the card intends and, if a card would normally do fatal damage, but does not do so due to a bug, we think that players should honor the intent of the cards. That said, we are not enforcing this as we are allowing the client to be the ultimate arbiter of any given match. A judge cannot and will not give you the win in a situation where you should have won but a card bug prevented it from happening. Continue play as normal, or politely point it out to your opponent, giving them the option to concede.

The only time a judge will intervene in a match is when a game cannot proceed despite players restarting their clients. Players must provide proof of a stalled game state.

Struyk
08-07-2015, 07:46 AM
Inb4 95% Cressida abusing Eye of Creation / Titania

asdf2000
08-07-2015, 10:58 AM
Wait, wait, wait. LOL

I wanted to play this, I was pretty psyched. Then as I am prepping in chat with my mono sapphire deck, my opponent informs me that my deck is invalid because this is only set 3.

This tourney is really only set 3? Who the heck came up with that idea.

How can ANY deck possibly beat Titania's Majesty with only set 3 cards? Try to rush faster and pray that Titania's Majesty gets unlucky?

What a horrible decision. I will not be participating.

edit: I understand that there are probably some decks like spiders that can take some wins, but... eh w/e you guys are supposed to actually know more about this game than I do. I'll wait and see the results and then laugh.

hex_colin
08-07-2015, 11:10 AM
Wait, wait, wait. LOL

I wanted to play this, I was pretty psyched. Then as I am prepping in chat with my mono sapphire deck, my opponent informs me that my deck is invalid because this is only set 3.

How can ANY deck possibly beat Titania's Majesty with only set 3 cards? Try to rush faster and pray that Titania's Majesty gets unlucky?

edit: I understand that there are probably some decks like spiders that can take some wins, but... eh w/e you guys are supposed to actually know more about this game than I do. I'll wait and see the results and then laugh.

There are at least 2 aggro decks that give Titania's a very problematic matchup. I think you'll be surprised at the diversity.

asdf2000
08-07-2015, 11:12 AM
I hope I will!

Sorry for being rude to the guys who run this, I re-read my post and realized I was rude. Maybe I will participate anyways just to try to get some points.

Tazelbain
08-07-2015, 11:48 AM
This format definitely could have used a cheep interrupt that only targets 5 or higher cost spells

Zubrin
08-07-2015, 11:56 AM
Wait, wait, wait. LOL

I came up with the decision.

We made the decision for this format back in October; we currently plan to have a chapter tournament once a season. Some chapters will be better than others. Block format tournaments are a standard in tcgs as it gives people a new way to play with their collections and force them to think about other opportunities than what may be obvious.

Laugh all you want; others will be taking home packs and points.

Zubrin
08-07-2015, 12:03 PM
This format definitely could have used a cheep interrupt that only targets 5 or higher cost spells

Mmm, yeah. I thought we would see something in set 2 that destroys tunneled troops as well, but they seem reluctant to produce a counter to a major mechanic in the same set for some reason.

asdf2000
08-07-2015, 12:08 PM
I came up with the decision.

We made the decision for this format back in October; we currently plan to have a chapter tournament once a season. Some chapters will be better than others. Block format tournaments are a standard in tcgs as it gives people a new way to play with their collections and force them to think about other opportunities than what may be obvious.

Laugh all you want; others will be taking home packs and points.

Yeah, I calmed myself down. I probably will participate, and I realized that this format was probably decided early on anyways. Also I do appreciate you guys organizing this.

Metronomy
08-07-2015, 12:36 PM
btw i predict spider mill with Ozin as champ to be a thing...sadly i cant participate...so I at least wanna make a forecast^^

Saeijou
08-07-2015, 12:37 PM
btw i predict spider mill with Ozin as champ to be a thing...sadly i cant participate...so I at least wanna make a forecast^^

i bet a MAJ ramp will win... not because there are no answers to it, but because too many people will run that deck

Zubrin
08-07-2015, 12:53 PM
i bet a MAJ ramp will win... not because there are no answers to it, but because too many people will run that deck

That's a good point and one that we have brought up a few times when discussing the meta; a deck may only seem dominant if everyone is playing it and a portion of them get lucky. The best deck in a tournament may not win it or even break top 8 due to variance and a low turnout for it.

Bmon
08-07-2015, 01:39 PM
Information cascades can be a powerful driving force, especially in the absence of a statistically significant amount of tournament data (or really any data at all).

janome
08-07-2015, 04:17 PM
Information cascades can be a powerful driving force, especially in the absence of a statistically significant amount of tournament data (or really any data at all).

I see someone else has read the ghost dad article. :P

Steelio
08-07-2015, 05:15 PM
I would like to participate but there's a few things holding me back.

A) Haven't slept much recently and my sleep pattern is out of whack so I gotta fix it.

B) The prevalence of majesty decks. The deck packs so many solid combos and troops and there's so few counters to them in the set. I was considering a control deck with bounces and excruciators [very underrated card imo] but I don't really see it happening. I would very much like to play in the cup, but the sheer number of majesty/aggro decks means I'd have to tailor a deck to dealing with both, and I like running obscure things. I'll still be watching though, good luck =)

Zubrin
08-07-2015, 08:05 PM
I would like to participate but there's a few things holding me back.

A) Haven't slept much recently and my sleep pattern is out of whack so I gotta fix it.

B) The prevalence of majesty decks. The deck packs so many solid combos and troops and there's so few counters to them in the set. I was considering a control deck with bounces and excruciators [very underrated card imo] but I don't really see it happening. I would very much like to play in the cup, but the sheer number of majesty/aggro decks means I'd have to tailor a deck to dealing with both, and I like running obscure things. I'll still be watching though, good luck =)

But you are the ResidentSleeper.

zadies
08-07-2015, 08:29 PM
Sorry but the ban on 5th book just destroys one of the 3 counters for majesty it isn't worth participating at this point.

Showsni
08-07-2015, 09:16 PM
With no Brave, Chlorophyllia, Eye of Creation, Rootfather or Ozawa, Majesty decks will be a lot weaker. Sure, there's the potential turn two Lyricist into turn three Walking Calamity win, but it will be much less consistent.

The weirdest thing this tournament will probably be the lack of shard fixing for people not playing tribal...

theyeti101
08-07-2015, 10:01 PM
Added information about the "As is" nature of the tournament:

Warnings

I'm a bit confused on this. If someone tries to exploit a bug so that they aren't dealt fatal damage (say, by using Pride's Fall on a Walking Calamity that's about to swing in for fatal), are they still considered to be exploiting a bugged interaction, or should we consider it legal to use bugs like this to try and win?

Zubrin
08-07-2015, 10:32 PM
I'm a bit confused on this. If someone tries to exploit a bug so that they aren't dealt fatal damage (say, by using Pride's Fall on a Walking Calamity that's about to swing in for fatal), are they still considered to be exploiting a bugged interaction, or should we consider it legal to use bugs like this to try and win?

I assume you posted a similar comment just now on the website? Either way, I gave a longer answer there.

The short answer is: Calamity is the bugged card, not removal. Play Calamity at your own risk.

We will encourage our players not to be scumbaggy, but we are not enforcing it.

theyeti101
08-07-2015, 10:50 PM
Ah, just read your response on the website as well. Guess I wasn't the only one with this concern.

So, to sum up, when it comes to a bug on an opponent's card, it is legal to take advantage of it, just frowned upon.

Zubrin
08-07-2015, 10:59 PM
Ah, just read your response on the website as well. Guess I wasn't the only one with this concern.

So, to sum up, when it comes to a bug on an opponent's card, it is legal to take advantage of it, just frowned upon.

That is correct.

Steelio
08-07-2015, 11:01 PM
I shall copy pasta the Fiveshards channel instead (https://niceme.me/)

But you are the ResidentSleeper.

FrostWynn
08-08-2015, 04:28 AM
Do guide me along, this is my first FiveShards tournament. Good luck to all!

f5shooter
08-08-2015, 06:10 AM
Is the Fiveshards website down for anyone else?

PentaChills
08-08-2015, 07:10 AM
Is the Fiveshards website down for anyone else?

Website is not being kind.
Relevant links for now:
http://battlefy.com/zubrin/the-fiveshards-season-2-diamond-cup-sponsored-by-the-collective/55b9a59a0f58294a0019f53e/info
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Vsaqrvq4zYOMs8amIitPqF_NQAmrn7t8Wr2lMVQGlxo/viewform

Turboflex
08-08-2015, 07:27 AM
Is crackling vortex allowed?

PentaChills
08-08-2015, 07:32 AM
Is crackling vortex allowed?

No, none of the resources from set 2 are allowed.

Falaris
08-08-2015, 08:32 AM
If I didn't work literally every single weekend I would love to participate in this series. You guys are definitely the driving force for competitive Hex atm

Zubrin
08-08-2015, 11:26 AM
If I didn't work literally every single weekend I would love to participate in this series. You guys are definitely the driving force for competitive Hex atm

<3

Frost3
08-08-2015, 06:22 PM

I can sympathize. I told work, that i will be taking off one day a month just for the Cup Series.

asdf2000
08-09-2015, 10:39 AM
lol @ top 4

well, pretty much what i anticipated

Zubrin
08-09-2015, 02:23 PM
lol @ top 4

well, pretty much what i anticipated

I was pulling for the three non-majesty decks and I think Flip had the possibility to go all the way, but variance is ever present.

asdf2000
08-09-2015, 02:31 PM
What do people think of Vic's deck?

Fluke?

Did you guys get to cast any of his games?

Zubrin
08-09-2015, 02:41 PM
What do people think of Vic's deck?

Fluke?

Did you guys get to cast any of his games?

Sadly, we did not get to cast any of his games; I am just as intrigued as everyone else and I see it having a positive matchup v. eye and aggro; I think Coyotles are far ahead though.

Xexist
08-09-2015, 10:43 PM
I was unfortunately unable to play, but look forward to going over all the decks :)

nickon
08-10-2015, 12:04 AM
Is technoppi working overtime in the production room for the Youtube video's? ^^

tecnophi
08-12-2015, 09:01 PM
Is technoppi working overtime in the production room for the Youtube video's? ^^

Here's the playlist of most of the featured matches: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5l912qPdd0&list=PL1u_UKgJ5yVar32N-a3KUMSIbp3k4BjDG

Hopefully a write up of the event up on FiveShards soon.

wolzarg
08-13-2015, 03:23 AM
We need more cool formats in fiveshards cups!

magic_gazz
08-13-2015, 05:12 AM
We need more cool formats in fiveshards cups!

Rainbow Stairwell?

Your deck must be exactly 60 cards, six cards from each of the five colors as well as six artifacts or colorless cards. Additionally, you must have one each, for each color, of cards with cost one through six. That is, you much have a staircase of cards starting at one and moving up to six, for each color. Multicolored cards are not allowed.

Flairina
08-13-2015, 10:42 AM
Rainbow Stairwell?

Your deck must be exactly 60 cards, six cards from each of the five colors as well as six artifacts or colorless cards. Additionally, you must have one each, for each color, of cards with cost one through six. That is, you much have a staircase of cards starting at one and moving up to six, for each color. Multicolored cards are not allowed.

Seems a bit restrictive, but there would definitely be a lot of variety. Decks wouldn't be nearly as consistent so the tournament would be chaotic and fun to watch- though there would likely be a lot of complaining that "this is too RNG!" because of the inconsistency inherent to such a format.

vulture27
08-13-2015, 11:39 AM
Seems a bit restrictive, but there would definitely be a lot of variety. Decks wouldn't be nearly as consistent so the tournament would be chaotic and fun to watch- though there would likely be a lot of complaining that "this is too RNG!" because of the inconsistency inherent to such a format.

A bit restrictive seems like an understatement.

Everyone's diamond 1 drop - Shard Call
Everyone's artifact 1 drop - AID or ROID
Nearly Everyone's diamond 2 drop - Royal Herald
Everyone's diamond 3 drop - Lixil
Nearly Everyone's artifact 5 drop - Eternal Sage
Nearly Everyone's artifact 2 drop - Chaos Key
Nearly Everyone's diamond 4 drop - Mystic Spiritwalker (the list of single threshold 4 drops here is shockingly small)
Nearly Everyone's diamond 5 drop - Angel of Dawn
Nearly Everyone's diamond 6 drop - Royal Valkyr

I'll just stop there.

magic_gazz
08-13-2015, 01:18 PM
A bit restrictive seems like an understatement.

Everyone's diamond 1 drop - Shard Call
Everyone's artifact 1 drop - AID or ROID
Nearly Everyone's diamond 2 drop - Royal Herald
Everyone's diamond 3 drop - Lixil
Nearly Everyone's artifact 5 drop - Eternal Sage
Nearly Everyone's artifact 2 drop - Chaos Key
Nearly Everyone's diamond 4 drop - Mystic Spiritwalker (the list of single threshold 4 drops here is shockingly small)
Nearly Everyone's diamond 5 drop - Angel of Dawn
Nearly Everyone's diamond 6 drop - Royal Valkyr

I'll just stop there.

Well that just made that format less of a fun idea as now everyone is playing the same cards (and would be kind of silly not to).

We need a new plan.

Xenavire
08-13-2015, 01:23 PM
Well that just made that format less of a fun idea as now everyone is playing the same cards (and would be kind of silly not to).

We need a new plan.

For what it's worth I wouldn't play any of those cards, but I also probably wouldn't want to play just because everyone else would be playing those cards... ;)