PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: Small chance of AA or EA cards in packs.

darkwonders
07-30-2015, 07:27 AM
Everyone knows how awesome it is to open foils or alternate cards in a pack for physical games.

Why not add that feature to Hex?

It would probably be most fair to do it from set 4 on, but it would help increase the value of Set 1 & 2 packs again if the remaining unopened ones (and any purchased ones) can have a chance at them.

Would even be cool if there was a higher chance for Primals (Not guaranteed. We still need to keep AA cards somewhat rare).

Thoughts?

They would definitely have to be different than the AA cards given for the VIP or KS rewards as those should remain valuable for those who were there from the beginning.

But having other AA cards would be fun. We know how everyone is crazy for that stuff :)

Edit: I know this already happens indirectly with chests via dust and the AA cards.

I personally think it'd be more awesome to get that experience of an EA or AA card through the pack itself.

BenRGamer
07-30-2015, 07:28 AM
There's already a small chance of that, you can find AAs or Stardust in chests... which come from packs

darkwonders
07-30-2015, 07:32 AM
There's already a small chance of that, you can find AAs or Stardust in chests... which come from packs

But it's not the same! *pouts*

Plus it'll make drafting more exciting! Currently there's no way to play with AA cards in draft. You can EA a card if you have the dust in draft, but it's still not the same.

I want the rush of getting an AA or EA directly from a pack.

N3rd4Christ
07-30-2015, 08:36 AM
EA sure, AA NO!

Krond
07-30-2015, 08:39 AM
I can be behind more cool stuff in packs. I'd prefer there not be AAs that come Exclusively from packs, rather, just include a chance for chest AAs from the same set.

darkwonders
07-30-2015, 08:39 AM
Why not? Like BenRGamer said, AA cards already come in chests, which come from packs.

The AA cards would just have to be separate from the ones currently given out for VIP and KS rewards.

N3rd4Christ
07-30-2015, 08:58 AM
Because people invest in AAs and that would possibly lower their value. It's hard enough to roll AAs.

poizonous
07-30-2015, 09:07 AM
There was a conversation a while back about misprints being inserted randomly, but i think overall it would be too hard to implement as cool as such a thing would be. As for OP suggestion I dont mind EA's in packs but AA's would just devalue AA's

Vorpal
07-30-2015, 09:09 AM
We need to be able to use EA cards in drafts that come from our collection.

As noted, you essentially get EA cards in draft anyway because you get stardust in chests.

I believe you can EA your draft cards using available stardust.

dogmod
07-30-2015, 09:16 AM
Seems to me AA in packs is similar to foils being in packs of other games. Now Hex has other plans for foiling but seems that random AAs that are specific to packs and not available other places would be fine.

Vorpal
07-30-2015, 09:18 AM
You get AA's in chests you get out of packs as well.

darkwonders
07-30-2015, 09:28 AM
I know that, but it adds a layer of fun chasing if it was directly implemented into packs as well.

It'd definitely make drafting a bit more exciting.

Vorpal
07-30-2015, 09:29 AM
I would much rather be able to see and use all of my AA/EA cards in draft than just be able to use the one or two I maybe opened in the draft itself.