PDA

View Full Version : Its time to upgrade the Main Site... (minor change)

NemesiN
07-30-2015, 09:14 AM
Hi everybody,

Hex has been going strong for almost 2 years now and is getting bigger and better. As the community grows, I think it is time to update the main site with a couple minor tweaks.

Make it possible to look at the archive of articles that have been on the main page. There are so many articles that come out with good information that don't need to die off because we hit our arbitrary number of articles that fit on the front page.
Include search capabilities to search for articles that have been posted on the main page. I had to remember what the Convocation event was called, search for it on reddit, find the post that linked to the main page and click that.

Just my 2 cents.

Saeijou
07-30-2015, 09:31 AM
1. they dont die off:
http://www.hextcg.com/page/2/
but yeah, there could be a button for that :D

Erukk
07-30-2015, 09:52 AM
They also need to update a lot of the info and images on the different description pages/tabs. Some of them are horribly outdated, and they feed bad information to new players looking to get into the game.

N3rd4Christ
07-30-2015, 11:01 AM
Would be nice to get better forums too. VBulletin please!!!

vickrpg
07-30-2015, 11:30 AM
From page 20...

I KNEW that witch looked familiar!

kingzzk
07-30-2015, 08:48 PM
Would like a column showing current events/promotion start-end period with world clock link
Convocation, vip event, release celebration etc

Mejis
07-30-2015, 09:21 PM
Would like a column showing current events/promotion start-end period with world clock link
Convocation, vip event, release celebration etc

Ooh yeah that'd be really sweet. Nice suggestion.

israel.kendall
07-30-2015, 09:23 PM
Would be nice to get better forums too. VBulletin please!!!

Vbulletin is crap, we need xenforo!

LeMazing
07-30-2015, 11:09 PM
Vbulletin is crap, we need xenforo! Not to mention the Hex forums are already vBulletin. :P

israel.kendall
07-30-2015, 11:14 PM
Phenteo mentioned something a week or two ago about the forums getting a software change I think. But he didn't say which software. As for the main site, I completely agree. Need basic usability functions like pagination and search.

eimerian
07-31-2015, 12:20 AM
Also, people used to have weird caching issues with the main site.
Like it would often show you last weeks main page unless you hard refreshed it.
Has that been fixed by now?