PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else play arena and think...

WWKnight
07-31-2015, 07:28 PM
of the AI as some noob just learning the game?

Time ripples his own card "Oops. I misclicked"

Extinctions when only she has cards on the field "Ugh, I meant to use another card"

Uses that new soul card that doubles damage and then sacrifices at end of turn "Oh wait, I didnt understand the card. Can I take that back?"

Mejis
07-31-2015, 07:50 PM
I really hope it is just some giant process of artificial learning that is currently grinding away behind the scenes ;)

Zophie
07-31-2015, 08:09 PM
I'd really like to see the AI play against itself, Wargames style.

Dinotropia
07-31-2015, 09:54 PM
"Would you like to play a game?"

The_Lannisters
08-01-2015, 02:45 AM
The AI has the decision making skills of a watermelon. Having said that, most people are using the arena to grind gold as fast as possible so the AI horror moves might be welcomed.

israel.kendall
08-01-2015, 04:01 AM
My watermelons take offense.

MuffLord4
08-01-2015, 04:43 AM
I actually liked the arena but i wish we could also earn gold doing PvP in proving grounds even if it's way less than arena/dungeons later on.

WWKnight
08-01-2015, 06:55 AM
It was so much better. The set three patch seemed to have broken it a lot!

Miwa
08-01-2015, 11:38 AM
Yeah, Set 3 enabled Potato mode again, but at least it's fast.

Oroniss
08-01-2015, 06:01 PM
One of the fastest ways of training an AI is to play it against itself so if there is any learning based component (there basically has to be to get a good AI) then I suspect CZE is doing this behind the scenes, or when the server is quiet.

I'd be interested to hear a bit more about the AI in an article at some point. This last patch seems to have broken a few things, but the AI does get a couple of others now (seems to understand Swiftstrike at last).

Mejis
08-01-2015, 08:47 PM
One of the fastest ways of training an AI is to play it against itself so if there is any learning based component (there basically has to be to get a good AI) then I suspect CZE is doing this behind the scenes, or when the server is quiet.

I'd be interested to hear a bit more about the AI in an article at some point. This last patch seems to have broken a few things, but the AI does get a couple of others now (seems to understand Swiftstrike at last).

I would be so so up for an article on the ai and what might be going on behind the scenes. I like to hope that it is indeed all in training atm. Also, it's great to see it recognise swiftstrike now. There have been some interesting changes with this patch, and whilst lots may seem potato like, there have been moments of smart plays occurring.

zadies
08-02-2015, 08:30 AM
Are you sure the AI is broken and isn't just learning the interactions of all the set 3 cards.... it was decent in set 2 but there are a number of new mechanics, and while playing itself is well and good the players are likely finding interactions that weren't thought of initially.

Miwa
08-02-2015, 01:15 PM
There's not any mechanics change in blocking lethal damage, which the AI rarely does.

zadies
08-02-2015, 01:23 PM
The AI can't concede the only time I have seen it not block lethal damage was when it would lose all it's troops and be in a position that it would lose the next turn regardless of if it blocked the current turn or not. It will block lethal damage in a situation where the next turn it wouldn't definitively lose. The issue with most arena decks is that those situations will rarely come up.