PDA

View Full Version : I would like to have PvP version of most PvE cards.

Altima
08-01-2015, 02:10 PM
1st I like concept many PvE card. They are strong, more complex and they do something that PvE card in booster pack cannot do.

2nd I love the artwork and I really want to use them in PvP tournament. Those Slaughtergear's robots look really nice and I like it. I'm a fan of robot/artifact since

However, simply import them into PvP would easily break the game so I think some nerf is needed before you make them available in PvP mode.

For example, Looking at Xocoy. He can do 12-20 damages in one turn depend on his gem and it would be ridiculously OP in PvP element. Maybe removing his sockets will make him more balance for PvP mode.

halfwing
08-01-2015, 02:52 PM
Adding the PvE cards to PvP mode isn't a good idea. It takes out the one thing that free to play people really have to offer, that lets them barter with P2P people. The free players are already at a massive disadvantage compared to those of us who backed the KS. There is no reason to make that gap even worse than it already is.

Altima
08-01-2015, 03:02 PM
What you talk about is how to obtain the card but it has nothing to do with gameplay.

What I want is just to wreck someone face with my Slaughtergear's Guardian. Maybe include these cards in the booster for PvP and you can also obtain it from chest/arena/wheel of fate for PvE version (or item to unlock PvE version of those cards).

Diesbudt
08-01-2015, 03:07 PM
Altima, you say you want to "Wreck" someone with a certain PVE card.

PVE cards are crazy, powerful, even partially broken BECAUSE they are PVE and ment to be not used against players. If they were PvP they would be massively nerfed to where you copuldn't "Wreck" someone with it.

IronPheasant
08-01-2015, 03:10 PM
For example, Looking at Xocoy. He can do 12-20 damages in one turn depend on his gem and it would be ridiculously OP in PvP element. Maybe removing his sockets will make him more balance for PvP mode.

This is no different from any other $20 legend card. You think ANY troop based deck has a chance against a Vampire King that's landing multiple hits?

Altima
08-01-2015, 03:16 PM
Of course that is what I expected. They will got nerfed. Maybe severely nerfed but I like artwork and concept of those card more than how powerful it is.

My favourite block of MTG is Mirrordin and those Slaughtergear card with effect similar to "affinity for" really kick in my memory. Sadly, I can use it against only bot.

LeMazing
08-01-2015, 04:03 PM
No one is mentioning the planned "Wild West" feature? :p

Once that's out, we'll have the ability to play pvp with pve cards. Now whether or not we'll be able to have tournaments in that format, I dunno. But we'll at least be able to use our pve decks against each other at some point. :)

Mejis
08-01-2015, 04:03 PM
The better option is just to introduce some (casual, not competitive) crazy altenate play modes down the line for fun. .E.g. able to challenge players with decks that have PvE cards.

Edit: ^ ninja'd ;)

Tazelbain
08-01-2015, 09:43 PM
No one is mentioning the planned "Wild West" feature? :p

Once that's out, we'll have the ability to play pvp with pve cards. Now whether or not we'll be able to have tournaments in that format, I dunno. But we'll at least be able to use our pve decks against each other at some point. :)Well certainly the players can make WW tournaments if the game supports WW matches. But would the WW format tournament be fun beyond the novelty of it? Maybe with some bans.

IronPheasant
08-01-2015, 10:47 PM
But would the WW format tournament be fun beyond the novelty of it?

If Equipment has no effect, it's just regular constructed PvP with more sets to pool from. Ergo, decks with the power level of a $20 chase legend in every slot.