PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming Products for DC DBG!

LexLuthorJr
08-03-2015, 10:03 AM
One of the guys at Cryptozoic clued us in on upcoming products for the DC Deck-Building Game...

-Legion of Superheroes Crossover will be released in about 6 weeks.

-Watchmen Crossover is next.

-There will be a new Crossover pack that will link in with Forever Evil and feature six new Super Villains.

-The next Rivals set will be released sometime next year. The theme will be Batman vs. Superman.

-They are currently working on a Crossover pack based on The Flash television show.

BenJazz
08-03-2015, 10:11 AM
All those sound great except for the Rivals. I think there is already to much Batman and if you own the first Rivals you could play a Batman vs Superman on your own (or create a alternate rules variant in the new rulebook) if the second Rivals was Superman vs anyone else.

GamerGurlAR88
08-03-2015, 10:20 AM
My thoughts if these are true:

Crossover Pack 3 & 4: I will let my store know
Crossover villain pack: Awesome, need more villains
Rivals: Awesome. Expected Hero vs. Villain, however hero vs hero is unexpected. Yes there is alot of Batman but it is expected.
Flash: Expected this but awesome. Best episodic super hero tv show (I exclude Daredevil). Hopes this means a Legends of Tomorrow crossover pack down the line

Couple thoughts from this piece of news:
no Crisis pack, expected that soon.
No big box, however I don't expect that till next year.

LexLuthorJr
08-03-2015, 11:05 AM
My thoughts if these are true:
Couple thoughts from this piece of news:
no Crisis pack, expected that soon.
No big box, however I don't expect that till next year.

They didn't say they aren't working on a new Crisis or big box.

LexLuthorJr
08-03-2015, 11:12 AM
All those sound great except for the Rivals. I think there is already to much Batman and if you own the first Rivals you could play a Batman vs Superman on your own (or create a alternate rules variant in the new rulebook) if the second Rivals was Superman vs anyone else.

While I also would have preferred Superman vs. Lex Luthor, I can understand the decision to release a set that coincides with the upcoming film.

GamerGurlAR88
08-03-2015, 11:29 AM
They didn't say they aren't working on a new Crisis or big box.

I never said they weren't. I Was just surprised they did not mention them was all.

Bomb
08-03-2015, 12:56 PM
I hadn't heard about Teen Titans until a few months after Forever Evil's release. It just may not be the right time to discuss the next big box. They may be still be working on the title or marketing may still be working on the announcement.

BenJazz
08-03-2015, 01:54 PM
Yes there is alot of Batman but it is expected.

And he got a rivals set already along with his cards from the base set and Crisis 1. I just think that, even with the movie, there were much better options. Lex Luthor is in the movie as well and we could of had epic Batman/Superman vs Joker/Lex team action going on. Heck, I would have chosen DOOMSDAY over Batman again. Nothing against Crypto on this one but I really hope it is not Batman and our legs are just getting pulled on this.

freefalling1087
08-03-2015, 03:25 PM
One of the guys at Cryptozoic clued us in on upcoming products for the DC Deck-Building Game...

-Legion of Superheroes Crossover will be released in about 6 weeks.

-Watchmen Crossover is next.

-There will be a new Crossover pack that will link in with Forever Evil and feature six new Super Villains.

-The next Rivals set will be released sometime next year. The theme will be Batman vs. Superman.

-They are currently working on a Crossover pack based on The Flash television show.

There will be a crisis 3 next year. In fact I think the villain crossover you are referring to is actually a crisis.

marcnelsonjr
08-03-2015, 04:18 PM
I really wish that the Watchmen crossover was a big box set. There's a rich enough world there to easily fill up a regular deck.

marcnelsonjr
08-03-2015, 04:36 PM

Outstanding!

A Suicide Squad crossover would be excellent... But then I want to play as Gorilla Grodd, too.

GamerGurlAR88
08-03-2015, 05:14 PM
I wonder if they are doing Bat vs Supers not only because of the movie, but because they are going to be using the movie stills like Arrow.

BenJazz
08-03-2015, 06:16 PM
I wonder if they are doing Bat vs Supers not only because of the movie, but because they are going to be using the movie stills like Arrow.

I could see that but it is a little risky seeing as there is no guarantee the film will do well (though I hope it does). With Arrow they had 2 seasons under their belt before even starting the Crossover Pack to know there was a strong fan base.

IzzyOtaku
08-03-2015, 06:20 PM
Batman vs Superman is to expected with the new movie coming out around the same time. Still excited, loved the last one. I just hope its more balanced and theme based. Jokers ability seemed to overpower Batman in Rivals.

The Flash one was to be expected too. After Vixen gets off the ground, I expect that to have a crossover as well.

StormKing
08-03-2015, 11:11 PM
There will be a crisis 3 next year. In fact I think the villain crossover you are referring to is actually a crisis.

You are correct.

LexLuthorJr
08-04-2015, 10:51 PM

He said "pack" and figured he meant a Crossover pack. It is certainly possible he meant a Crisis.

StormKing
08-05-2015, 01:11 AM
He said "pack" and figured he meant a Crossover pack. It is certainly possible he meant a Crisis.

It's Crisis.

BenJazz
09-04-2015, 10:29 PM
I was wondering when Crypto will be looking to release the product page for the Legion of Superheroes Crossover. If I remember correctly they were looking at a revised release date near the end of September. If not, could one of the employees update us accordingly?

Thanks in advance.

Skinner
09-05-2015, 01:14 AM
Hey Ben, yep, currently planning either 9/23 or 9/30 (can't remember for sure which is on the schedule while I'm at home right now). We'll see about getting the product page up next week.

SpiritDetective
09-08-2015, 02:07 PM
I'm looking forward to playing Legion of Superheroes later month! :)