PDA

View Full Version : General rules questions - DC deck building game

Nidian
08-03-2015, 07:17 PM
I was reading through the specific cards rulings and some of them just don't make sense to me. Like playing a card from another players deck and then destroying it but somehow it goes back to their deck.

According to the Crisis 2 manual (page 10) "The player who currently has the card in her hand, deck, in play, or discard pile is the owner of the card." If I own it then why does it go back to the other guy?

For example if I use Hourglass on something and then destroy it the card doesn't come back to me after its blown up.

Also, does buying a villain in the line up does it trigger "when you destroy" effects like on the playable Bizarro Super Villain?

Matt_Hyra
08-04-2015, 12:15 AM
We updated the rule of ownership in Teen Titans, so that simply having it in play does not mean ownership. When you play someone another player's card, they still own it. You don't get to permanently destroy another player's card, except for something like Broadsword, where that specific effect is spelled out. Not in the rulebook, but it is a ruling we have made here plenty. Will get it into the next rulebook.

Yes, buying a Villain does count as you destroying it in Crisis.