PDA

View Full Version : Alternate Art Cards - Extended Art

hammer
08-06-2015, 04:26 PM
I wish there was rarity symbol or distinctive mark for Alternate Art cards in their Extended Art state.

In non-EA state the little filigrees around the rarity symbol show these are "special/different" and this is lost on the Extended Art.

For example:

http://i.imgur.com/SFphziJ.jpg

Its really clear which is the alternate version in the non-EA state

Mejis
08-06-2015, 05:00 PM
I would also like to see the rarity symbol on all EA cards.

The other option would be to colour the name of the card by it's rarity, regardless of EA or non-EA state.

I think that could look quite cool seeing all card names in white, green, blue, red or orange loveliness.

ksetrat
08-06-2015, 05:03 PM
Personally, I am slightly color blind. So, i do have a concern about having the names color coded in the EA version, but, I've found ways around it in the past. when i was playing a few other games, players had a habit of bringing non-english cards to the tournaments. Thankfully, the artwork was the same regardless of language. So, i memorized images. Would probably have to do that again.

(as an example of the color blind, see the signature for Hammer? how the TUC has a link, and the bold link for the trades? i know they should be a different color, but i see them the same. minor differences like that and how they relate to the background is where my vision goes screwy).

I would like to see an indicator for the EA cards, but, that would be a lot of reprogramming possibly.