PDA

View Full Version : Crypto 2015 Volunteer Promos

Do0shebag55
08-07-2015, 07:49 AM
A Volunteer graciously allowed me to snap these awesome pix of the 2015 Crypto Volunteer Promos.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ztojfwf53ur0x6y/2015-07-31%2011.58.07.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/r8uzr76cnzytsi6/2015-07-31%2012.00.10.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/s37uvywmmr84348/2015-07-31%2012.00.21.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/okzzyerdx6trnti/2015-07-31%2012.00.35.jpg?dl=0

As much as I'd like them, since they don't have the DC logo on them, I'm not AS inclined to get them. Also when I asked what I could do to get one, they said "Volunteer at Dallas..."

The Volunteer Character Card has other art as well. (I think we made mention that the Volunteer looks suspiciously like Nathaniel), but there's also a female version of it and one OTHER alt. art for that card as well?

MStreva89
08-07-2015, 08:00 AM
Cryptozoic has it out for me... When are you guys gonna show up in Florida so I can volunteer?! I understand the lack of DC logo, but I'm a completionist, so to me the Character is necessary for me to have a full set.

Well it looks like I'll never get a complete set cause there's no way I can fly out to some of these events unless they were close enough for me to drive to. You got me again Crypto!

GamerGurlAR88
08-07-2015, 08:03 AM
Wow those look awesome.

Dreris
08-07-2015, 09:55 AM
Matt is this the first year for these promos?

Matt_Hyra
08-08-2015, 09:32 AM
Matt is this the first year for these promos?

Yes!

Tamahome
08-09-2015, 02:59 PM
I have a set, the character card is actually double sided with male version on one side and female on the other.

oldguynewbie
08-10-2015, 02:22 PM
"Volunteer at Dallas..."

I live near Dallas - what's the event and what's the process for volunteering?

Tamahome
08-10-2015, 02:39 PM
Those are actually my copies in the pictures lol

Matt_Hyra
08-10-2015, 11:47 PM
I live near Dallas - what's the event and what's the process for volunteering?

Look for a call for demo staff at BGG con on these very forums. Then apply and we may see you in a red shirt there...

Skinner
08-14-2015, 08:29 PM
I have a set, the character card is actually double sided with male version on one side and female on the other.

Have you played with them at all yet? These were designed to be more out-there than a normal DC/Cerberus card and we're all curious how they're being used!

MStreva89
08-20-2015, 11:19 AM
Skinner or someone else at CZE, what's the chance of these 2015 Cryptozoic Volunteer Promos showing up on BGG Store at the turn of the year?

I'm dying to get my hands on one of these, but it's not possible for me to go to any of these major conventions around the US. Here's hoping we can still get a shot at these sweet promos!

aoineko
08-20-2015, 12:07 PM
0% chance. They are exclusives to reward to great volunteers that sacrifice their time to help us run events.

BenJazz
08-20-2015, 12:08 PM
0% chance. They are exclusives to reward to great volunteers that sacrifice their time to help us run events.

I wish there was a +1 or thumbs up button I could give this post haha

MStreva89
08-20-2015, 12:18 PM

Figured as much, but it was worth a shot.

Any other conventions or events you guys can name off so a guy can make it somewhere and get one of these? I'd gladly spend a day working for CZE and getting whatever you need done, sounds like a good day. Literally dying to get my hands on this unique Character card.

GamerGurlAR88
08-20-2015, 01:01 PM
Ummm yeah, I saw these on Ebay and had to pick them up. Thank you for whoever listed them.

Dreris
08-20-2015, 02:09 PM
Ummm yeah, I saw these on Ebay and had to pick them up. Thank you for whoever listed them.

How did you search for them? :-)

I just saw a Volunteer special play mat on ebay

GamerGurlAR88
08-20-2015, 04:59 PM
How did you search for them? :-)

I just saw a Volunteer special play mat on ebay

There was only one listing and I did a quick search for DC volunteer or something like that.

MStreva89
09-24-2015, 06:00 AM
There was only one listing and I did a quick search for DC volunteer or something like that.

I just did the same last night and lucked out with an eBay listing of the Cryptozoic 2015 Volunteer and extra promos. Expensive, but considering Nathaniel said there's no chance of obtaining them outside of volunteering at an event, I figure it's worth it in the long run.

Not to mention, he's a really cool addition to the Character pool. We tested him in a few games and he's absolutely game changing if early game he gets some additions. Let's not even talk about him in Teen Titans if he grabs Slade Wilson... just discard as much as you want, then trigger Slade to get a fresh new hand.

BenJazz
09-24-2015, 07:15 AM
I just did the same last night and lucked out with an eBay listing of the Cryptozoic 2015 Volunteer and extra promos. Expensive, but considering Nathaniel said there's no chance of obtaining them outside of volunteering at an event, I figure it's worth it in the long run.

Not to mention, he's a really cool addition to the Character pool. We tested him in a few games and he's absolutely game changing if early game he gets some additions. Let's not even talk about him in Teen Titans if he grabs Slade Wilson... just discard as much as you want, then trigger Slade to get a fresh new hand.

... How do I keep missing these? :( idk I like the idea of the cards but I just don't know how often they would get used. If anyone is looking to unload a set shoot me a private message.

MStreva89
09-24-2015, 07:26 AM
... How do I keep missing these? :( idk I like the idea of the cards but I just don't know how often they would get used. If anyone is looking to unload a set shoot me a private message.

I randomly did a search last night after finishing a few sets with my friends and it came right up.

As far as my play group is concerned, Cryptozoic 2015 Volunteer is Tier 1 in Teen Titans due to Slade Wilson being the first Super-Villain and he can just super charge the game extremely fast. Honestly I'm not even interested in the main deck cards that came with it, so I would be willing to part with them.

SANTOSCOOL
09-24-2015, 08:04 AM
I randomly did a search last night after finishing a few sets with my friends and it came right up.

As far as my play group is concerned, Cryptozoic 2015 Volunteer is Tier 1 in Teen Titans due to Slade Wilson being the first Super-Villain and he can just super charge the game extremely fast. Honestly I'm not even interested in the main deck cards that came with it, so I would be willing to part with them.

I'll take them :)

MStreva89
09-24-2015, 10:19 AM
Sorry mate, already got someone on the offer.

I will keep you posted however in the event they lose interest, but until then they are reserved.

SANTOSCOOL
09-25-2015, 08:17 AM
Sorry mate, already got someone on the offer.

I will keep you posted however in the event they lose interest, but until then they are reserved.

Ok that will be awesome, what is the offer?

MStreva89
09-25-2015, 12:19 PM
Ok that will be awesome, what is the offer?

Not gonna underhand someone else regarding this, but should that person lose interest, I'll PM you their offer so you can match it.

SANTOSCOOL
09-26-2015, 07:39 AM
Not gonna underhand someone else regarding this, but should that person lose interest, I'll PM you their offer so you can match it.

Not trying to underhand someone, just curious on how much.