PDA

View Full Version : Priority Cards

jakecav18
08-11-2015, 11:00 AM
Hey, out of curiosity, I'd like some people's conceptions of priority cards with cost under 7 per isolated set. The only one's I'm personally interested in are the Base Set, Heroes Unite, Forever Evil, Teen Titans, and Street Fighter. But of course if you'd like to share thoughts about cards in other sets feel free.

Also, if you have any questions about why I might have put something above something near the top of my list where you might consider it never worth buying, I'd be happy to give a little justification, as I might do the same to you.

I'm only going to consider my high priority cards; the cards I scramble to pick up before anyone else does. The order I put them in generally identify their importance, but honestly most of them are pretty fluid in their lists.

I edited my list to only account for cards 6 or less because I think we'll have much more interesting results this way. Most people would go for a lot of the 7+ cost cards.

Base Set:
1. Heat Vision
2. Pretty much any location (I think they're kinda brokenly good in this set)

Heroes Unite:
1. Every. Power Ring. Ever.
2. Deadman
3. Force Field
4. Hawkgirl
5. Oa

Teen Titans:
1. Inertia
2. Garfield Logan
3. Conner Kent
4. Bunker
5. Cybernetic Enhancement
6. Shapeshift
7. Any ongoing card is usually useful at some point in time, so they're generally fought over

Forever Evil:
1. Power Drain (especially since I usually play 1v1)
2. Phantom Stranger

Street Fighter:
1. Soldier of Justice
2. Master of the Fist
3. Tiger Shot
4. Hadoken
5. Gohadoken
6. Sagat's Eyepatch (mostly ungodly great just when it shows up really early)
7. Hundred Hand Slap

IAmTheGreat
08-11-2015, 11:11 AM
Firestorm matrix was forever evil

SpiritDetective
08-11-2015, 11:38 AM
Heroes Unite:
1. World's Mightiest Mortal
2. White Lantern Power Battery (The ability to gain any card in the lineup is so powerful. In one game, I used White Lantern Power Battery early on to gain World's Mightiest Mortal in the lineup.)
3. Starbolt
4. [Color] Power Ring

Forever Evil:
1. Constructs of Fear
2. Power Drain (Evil attacks)

gerrymul
08-11-2015, 11:58 AM
Heat Vision in the first set is generally a must buy, as are Suicide Squad and Clayface

gerrymul
08-11-2015, 12:06 PM
I would say that Daughter of Trigon from Teen Titans should also be a must buy, as would Match

BenJazz
08-11-2015, 01:56 PM
I would say that Daughter of Trigon from Teen Titans should also be a must buy, as would Match

Vic Stone as well if you are targeting Ongoing effects.

TPlush
08-11-2015, 06:11 PM
Zookeeper is a must buy in Teen Titans. Same with The T-Wing and the ongoing VP card, forget if it is Tim Drake or Dick Grayson. All are high at the top, then Garfield Logan, Speed Force, and Daughter of Trigon in the next tier.

Baseset is MoS, Clayface, Suicide Squad, and Super Strength. After that Robin and the Batsignal, Utility Belt and Green Arrow, and Riddler.

No Sciencell in HU?

GuruGuru214
08-12-2015, 12:21 AM
The Colony can break a game of Teen Titans in the right hands. My group actually quit a game (partially because it was really late and the game was dragging but also) because the player who was way ahead of everyone else bought The Colony. He was playing The Joker and it would've comboed so effectively, the rest of us wouldn't have had a chance.

Here's what I'd say your lists are really missing, just off the top of my head.

Base: Princess Diana of Themyscira, The Dark Knight, Suicide Squad. Starro and Lobo are also pretty potent.

Heroes Unite: Sciencell and Saint Walker can easily end up deciding the game. I'd also throw in Teleportation and maybe Oa.

Forever Evil: Since you're including Super Heroes, I would add Green Arrow. Also, Pandora can be amazing if someone's got Pandora's Box.

Teen Titans: Too early to say too much, but I would put the Locations pretty high up the list. They're all so incredibly broken.

jakecav18
08-12-2015, 04:02 AM
The Colony can break a game of Teen Titans in the right hands. My group actually quit a game (partially because it was really late and the game was dragging but also) because the player who was way ahead of everyone else bought The Colony. He was playing The Joker and it would've comboed so effectively, the rest of us wouldn't have had a chance.

Here's what I'd say your lists are really missing, just off the top of my head.

Base: Princess Diana of Themyscira, The Dark Knight, Suicide Squad. Starro and Lobo are also pretty potent.

Heroes Unite: Sciencell and Saint Walker can easily end up deciding the game. I'd also throw in Teleportation and maybe Oa.

Forever Evil: Since you're including Super Heroes, I would add Green Arrow. Also, Pandora can be amazing if someone's got Pandora's Box.

Teen Titans: Too early to say too much, but I would put the Locations pretty high up the list. They're all so incredibly broken.

I left out all of the VP cards since there's so many and they're all basically just +2 power otherwise. They should always be in your crosshairs. Little baby super-villains!

I considered Teleportation and Oa and may actually add them to my lists. I only included Super-Villains/Heroes that were first in the stack, mainly because I tend to rush those particular ones. As far as TT locations, I think Cadmus Labs and Tamara are probably the best two, but I'm still back and forth on Cadmus. My brain screams "GET IT YOU IDIOT FREE CARD OF YOUR CHOICE" but so far in practice it hasn't quite lived up to what I've expected. Like you said, maybe a little to early for me to decide.

jakecav18
08-12-2015, 08:50 AM
I changed the criteria! I narrowed it since I think the 7+ cost cards are usually fought over anyway.

SpiritDetective
08-12-2015, 09:55 AM
Oa is so good in Impossible Mode.

gerrymul
08-12-2015, 11:20 AM
And yet people pass it up so often in regular HU due to it having the potential to mess up your Starbolt/Hawkgirl/Blue Lantern Power Ring, not to mention Daughter of Gotham, Superboy, Wonder of the Night, Dr. Sivana and other cards that rely on you having a discard pile.

jakecav18
08-12-2015, 12:13 PM
And yet people pass it up so often in regular HU due to it having the potential to mess up your Starbolt/Hawkgirl/Blue Lantern Power Ring, not to mention Daughter of Gotham, Superboy, Wonder of the Night, Dr. Sivana and other cards that rely on you having a discard pile.

In a 1v1 non-Crisis match, I once used Magician's Corset and told my opponent to draw on a turn in which he had no deck and Man of Steel in his hand. So happy

alex_totec
09-11-2015, 12:44 PM
I would say Fei Long, and Gill for Street Fighter to.

Fei Long gives you at least 3 cards.
Gill is 3 power and one card delay for an opponent.

SpiritDetective
09-11-2015, 03:08 PM

I've noticed that Oa and Crisis Red Tornado, don't mix.

gerrymul
09-11-2015, 03:43 PM
Oa is such a difficult location for Heroes Unite given that so much of that set is geared toward interacting with your discard pile. Being forced into a draw at the beginning of your turn can backfire so easily.