PDA

View Full Version : DC DBG 2-5 Players only?

SpiritDetective
08-11-2015, 01:40 PM
I just wanted to throw this out there. Is there a way to mix sets to have a 6 or 7 player game?

BenJazz
08-11-2015, 01:55 PM
I am curious if there are thoughts on this as well. Most people I know own multiple sets which means we could look at how that affects the number of Weaknesses, Kicks, Super-Villains and Deck Size. I think with the inclusion of the Crisis cards and a crossover pack their may be enough cards to keep the game fun and playable. May need to increase the Line-Up to 6 cards though but IDK.

GuruGuru214
08-12-2015, 12:26 AM
My group's tried it a few times, and it's never really been great. The larger the group, the longer it takes for anyone to start building up any real buying power, and the more the game drags out. We like to stick to 3-4, 5 at the most.

Mac_Apple
08-12-2015, 02:59 PM
For me, 3-4 player games are perfect. When you go above that, turns just start taking too long and everyone starts getting pissy. Especially if one person just can't catch a break due to the luck of the draw. Waiting 4 turns and watching Joe buy the perfect card for your deck, then Sally gets an 8 drop, then Mike gets a Mammoth, and in the end you end up with Acrobatic Agility and a Kick.

At least, in my experience, big games suck.

gerrymul
08-12-2015, 03:26 PM
We generally split into multiple groups if there are 6 people looking to play. That being said, I have put together a Heroes vs Villains mash-up of all the sets before Titans that would probably play well with 6 players. The key is that you will need to modify your set to have more starters, and probably more kicks and weaknesses to play with more than 5.

LexLuthorJr
08-16-2015, 09:55 PM
We also found that games with six or more players just aren't viable. The game gets boring as you wait for your turn to come back around, and one or two players can find themselves having no hand if a lot of attack cards are played. Five seems to be okay, but we prefer doing a Crisis with five people as that can be a challenge. Generally three or four is the way to go.

midnight_rider
08-17-2015, 08:34 AM
I never play more than four. Ever. Mostly 2 to 3. If there are four, more likely than not it will be a team game, which is always fun.

aoineko
08-17-2015, 10:43 PM
I never play more than four. Ever. Mostly 2 to 3. If there are four, more likely than not it will be a team game, which is always fun.

Teams is the most fun way to play!

GuruGuru214
08-17-2015, 11:25 PM
My group tried 2v2 team play once. It was interesting. Not sure why we haven't tried it again, especially since we've been looking for ways to spice up the game.

Not sure a team game is in the works this weekend, though. My buddy and I both have a few ideas we want to try out, so we're already looking at a pretty DC packed Friday and Saturday.

gerrymul
08-18-2015, 10:09 AM
My super-set which we have played a few times uses all the oversize Villains and the Super Hero stack from Forever Evil. I then grabbed all the oversize Heroes that matched up to the Super Hero stack and tried to grab all the Super Villain stack cards that match up to the oversize Villains - the remainder of the Super Villain stack was made up of others that matched up vps and/or cost to the Super Hero stack cards. I included maximum of 1 of each hero and villain card from all the sets and expansions released prior to Titans (not including Rivals), excluding Man of Steel, Kyle Raynor, Suicide Squads, Manhunters so that I had about 30 of each. I then put in equal numbers of super powers and equipment, limiting to maximum 2 of each card, and specifically avoided power generators like Starbolt as well as VP generators like the Power Rings, Science Cell, and St Walker. I did include the White Lantern Power Ring and the Black Lantern Power Ring as I felt that having Constantine as a playable character needed options to interact with the destroyed pile beyond the 2 Signature Trenchcoat equipment from Crisis 1. For the same reason I added a total of 10 locations for Swamp Thing (all 4 that draw for and all 4 that check for heroes, villains, equipment, super powers, as well as Titans Tower and House of Mystery). Lastly, I tried to ensure that there were ample defenses included in the cards included and arrived at a deck of about 130 cards. We then play Heroes vs Villains teams most combined points wins (game ends when either Super stack is empty). We play a bit different than the rulebook (although that may change with more play) where teams can buy from either stack, but if you are a Hero you get to keep the Super Hero card, if you are a Villain you get to keep the Super Villain card - buy from the other stack and the card is removed from the game. We also make it that the first appearance Super attacks hit all players, in part because the Hero attacks seem much worse than the Villain attacks.