PDA

View Full Version : Frost Arena Stubborn AI

Turtleshellon
08-13-2015, 09:06 AM
At some point the AI should just give up the match when there is no chance of him winning. The image below shows me playing a game where chump blocking was at an all time high. The Ancestor's Chosen was the cause of this madness that took almost 30 minutes. I started this match last night 30 minutes before the servers went down so I was rushing to finish. The image below shows 5 minutes before the servers went down and I won the game 1 before they went down by swinging everything. Rather then spending 30 minutes on one game with the AI chump blocking forever it should quit just like any normal person would after so much time and no chance of winning. He has 10 health and mine went up by like 300 per turn. The game was over so just end it already!!!

http://imgur.com/ENZ0OE6

bwarner
08-13-2015, 09:17 AM
I don't know how you expect the AI to evaluate a position and decide that it is hopeless. Is it supposed to continuously evaluate every card it could draw, how it might play them, how you might react, and decide whether that could possibly lead to a situation where it might win? That seems like a waste of a whole lot of AI reources. Besides, there are plenty of things that could theoretically happen to break this stalemate in the AI's favor. One Chronic Madness played repetitively could theoretically do it. Is he also supposed to take into account the number of counterspells in your deck?

Flairina
08-13-2015, 09:41 AM
Deleted

Malekith
08-13-2015, 09:44 AM
Did you actually win that game? You can get infinite life but have no evasion or trample. The AI can chump for days and is drawing a million specters a turn. Without Stormcall/Yesterday/Gralk I don't see how you don't lose to mill as long as the AI knows to block. So if you won, did the AI just not block?

Vorpal
08-13-2015, 10:08 AM
No reason for the AI to surrender in that situation. If you want the AI to die, swing in and kill him.

Flairina
08-13-2015, 10:23 AM
Did you actually win that game? You can get infinite life but have no evasion or trample. The AI can chump for days and is drawing a million specters a turn. Without Stormcall/Yesterday/Gralk I don't see how you don't lose to mill as long as the AI knows to block. So if you won, did the AI just not block?

Between two players, I think the person playing dreamer would have won since they could just stall and draw the opposing player to death. Even if dreamer played every card in his deck (he would, given his current resources), he'd refill every turn with eight more. So unless the specters' draw ability kills when it can't draw a card (I have no idea if you only die if you have no cards during draw step, or when forced to draw by an effect), dreamer with better AI or a human player would have (eventually) won. Assuming TS eventually ran out of charges to recycle and had no recylable/escalation cards. That game was not nearly as over as TS seems to think it was.

(Also, not all TS' troops have spellshield- if dreamer had any clue how to use Hophiro, over half TS' board would have been gone.)

vulture27
08-13-2015, 10:27 AM
Add any source of crush to your deck. Done.

Showsni
08-13-2015, 01:19 PM
Eldritch Dreamer plays Gralk in his deck, right? Once he gets enough Spectres he can drop a Gralk and one shot you! He might be banking on a lucky pull from one of his Reality Rifts, too; he certainly hasn't lost the game yet.

Turtleshellon
08-14-2015, 01:16 AM
bwarner

Turtleshellon
08-14-2015, 01:19 AM
Showsni

Turtleshellon
08-14-2015, 01:21 AM
You see all those cards with life drain right? They are all doing double dmg like x3 each swing. He couldn't even scratch me.

Flairina
08-14-2015, 04:18 AM
Look at my graveyard and tell me what you notice... This picture was a couple turns from the end. You do know every card remaining in his deck was generated from the ancestor right? When I beat him he had like 5 cards left in his deck because every time one of those 2/2 guys is drawn he draws a card. If I didn't swing at him he would have just died from Milling his own self. The only issue here was finishing before the server went down which was 5 minutes from the point of the image. He had 0 chance of winning and I had every single card in my deck either in my deck or on board. If anything went to my graveyard I would just put it back in my deck. Plus I was using mimic over and over.

What you're missing is that because he kept putting cards in his deck, he COULDN'T mill himself. He regenerated eight new cards before he drew every turn. He could have easily just stalled you to death, because YOUR source of deck recycling was limited to how many shards you had in your deck. Life means zip if you have no cards left to draw.

Turtleshellon
08-14-2015, 08:02 AM
Flairina

Vorpal
08-14-2015, 08:54 AM
I think by the time I've vanquished 10 or so AI foes in arena, word should get round and every other AI opponent should just realize how hopeless it is to stand before my might and just instantly concede.

Turtleshellon
08-14-2015, 06:56 PM
Vorpal

Turtleshellon
08-14-2015, 07:03 PM
I don't know how you expect the AI to evaluate a position and decide that it is hopeless. Is it supposed to continuously evaluate every card it could draw, how it might play them, how you might react, and decide whether that could possibly lead to a situation where it might win? That seems like a waste of a whole lot of AI reources. Besides, there are plenty of things that could theoretically happen to break this stalemate in the AI's favor. One Chronic Madness played repetitively could theoretically do it. Is he also supposed to take into account the number of counterspells in your deck?

Look at my graveyard and tell me what you notice... This picture was a couple turns from the end. You do know every card remaining in his deck was generated from the ancestor right? When I beat him he had like 5 cards left in his deck because every time one of those 2/2 guys is drawn he draws a card. If I didn't swing at him he would have just died from Milling his own self. The only issue here was finishing before the server went down which was 5 minutes from the point of the image. He had 0 chance of winning and I had every single card in my deck either in my deck or on board. If anything went to my graveyard I would just put it back in my deck. Plus I was using mimic over and over.

Turtleshellon
08-14-2015, 07:05 PM
What you're missing is that because he kept putting cards in his deck, he COULDN'T mill himself. He regenerated eight new cards before he drew every turn. He could have easily just stalled you to death, because YOUR source of deck recycling was limited to how many shards you had in your deck. Life means zip if you have no cards left to draw.

last turn when I won he had 5 cards in his deck.... How many do you see in the image 25 right? Why do you think that is? Hmmm... Let's see here. 20 something resources and playing 1 drops over and over. I wonder how that would turn out.... You are missing the point.

Turtleshellon
08-14-2015, 07:06 PM
Eldritch Dreamer plays Gralk in his deck, right? Once he gets enough Spectres he can drop a Gralk and one shot you! He might be banking on a lucky pull from one of his Reality Rifts, too; he certainly hasn't lost the game yet.

If I didn't attack him he would have just ran out of cards. He could hit me with everything he had and it would just tickle me then next turn boom. You do see the high numbers I was attacking with right? Those numbers were doubling everything turn with inspire.

Turtleshellon
08-14-2015, 07:07 PM
I think by the time I've vanquished 10 or so AI foes in arena, word should get round and every other AI opponent should just realize how hopeless it is to stand before my might and just instantly concede.

I like the way you think :)

Alamand
08-14-2015, 07:42 PM
Aside from the fact that the AI probably would've won if it was smarter and as long as you didn't get crush, BMing and going for massive overkill is one of the funner things you can do vs the AI in Hex. Sure they could make the AI calculate it's health total vs your damage it can't block and concede, but that would save at most 10-20 seconds in most cases and not give you the satisfaction of crushing the AI with completely unnecessary amounts of damage.

I believe if they were going to implement such a feature it would be better used for a special AI boss. When it's about to lose it can start trash talking you, throwing out random insults such as "better to be lucky than good" or "I can't believe I lost to such a noob, rng pls" and then it can take longer and longer to pass priority. Better yet, if it was about to win it could trash talk too, with lines like "I can't believe you lost to the AI, uninstall please" or the classic "get rekt scrub". It should also forcefully open battle chat and prevent you from closing it.