PDA

View Full Version : CARD WARS: Discarding Rules

babs
08-13-2015, 08:02 PM
BMO's deck requires you to discard a lot of cards. Can you discard as many cards as you want from your hand at any time? This can be a problem when battling someone with a Field of Nightmares card. Also, I'd like to know the general rules for discarding cards, since this is not covered too well in the Finn vs Jake and BMO vs Lady Rainicorn manuals. Thanks!

Matt_Hyra
08-13-2015, 08:34 PM
You can discard as many cards as you want, but each discard only powers up one Creature.

You can only discard cards to power up Creatures during your own turn.

General rules for discarding cards from your hand is that you need to have an effect that allows it. You can't just discard for no reason to avoid a Field of Nightmares.

babs
08-14-2015, 10:23 AM
This is still a little unclear for me, I'm sorry. What do you mean by "powering up" a creature by discarding? Also, what do you mean by having an effect that allows it? Do you mean unless I have already played a creature and choose to remove it, I cannot discard? Also, are you allowed to exhaust a creature without a floop ability to prevent him from fighting? Sorry.

Matt_Hyra
08-14-2015, 10:32 AM
Oh, sorry. I just noticed that you were talking about BMO's deck. I was referring to Creatures that power up when you discard cards for effect in Lumpy Space Princess' deck.

BMO's deck wants a large discard pile. You can't just decide to discard a card or remove a Creature from play. You must Replace a Creature. You must have an effect that lets you put cards into your discard pile, like Wandering Bald Man.

No, you are not allowed to exhaust a Creature to avoid a Fight. Only FLOOPED Creatures avoid Fighting, and you must have a FLOOP ability to FLOOP.

babs
08-14-2015, 10:47 AM
Thanks so much, this really cleared it up for me.