PDA

View Full Version : How to report cheating - Auction house bot

Hyperion
08-15-2015, 11:07 AM
Hey All,

So I'm not 100% sure its against the Hex Terms and conditions, but I'm assuming automated bot bidding in the auction house is not allowed. I'm also ~97% sure that some one is using a bot to ensure that they stay the top bid on two Crackling Vortex's right now. If I bid on either, I'm outbid by exactly 1 plat within about 3-10 seconds... every single time. And I've tried to up my bids every once in a while over the last 2 hours between games. So unless someone is seriously dedicated enough that they are just sitting in the auction house all day waiting to up their bid if someone else comes along, I can't see how this is anything but a bot programmed to refresh someone's listing and up the bid if they are not the highest.

This doesn't seem fair, and I'd hope that Cryptozoic can identify and put a stop to this, but I just want to make sure that its actually not allowed first. Let me know if anyone knows what thread this would best go in, but there doesn't seem to be a report rule breaking thread.

Thanks.

Gwaer
08-15-2015, 11:10 AM
Report the time, and some of the range of prices you bid to support, and they can check their activity logs for what the other people bidding on it were doing at the time.

hex_colin
08-15-2015, 11:13 AM
So unless someone is seriously dedicated enough that they are just sitting in the auction house all day waiting to up their bid if someone else comes along.

They are. I know at least 5 people who spend insane amounts of time each day doing just what you describe... manually.

There are no bots.

NOBLEStarshield
08-15-2015, 11:28 AM
Locking thread since there is one already active here > http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=45409.

If for any reason you need to report any suspicious behavior, please try and grab a screenshot or at least as much detail as possible and submit a ticket to support at support.hextcg.com and they can investigate the issue.